HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tampa Buffalo

Old
07-07-2013, 05:07 PM
tmack224

vCash: 500
Tampa Buffalo

Brayden McNabb for Brett Connolly.

Sabres have to many NHL ready Defenseman and need guys that can play on the wing.

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 05:08 PM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmack224 View Post

Sabres have to many NHL ready Defenseman and need guys that can play on the wing.
we do? news to me

Tallinder is not in the long term plans, same with Sulzer, maybe even McBain. McNabb is...

1972 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 05:19 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:

I like McNabb's size and seems to put up good numbers in the A, but I'd prefer a RHD and a little bit more NHL experience for Connolly.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 05:25 PM
tmack224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
we do? news to me

Tallinder is not in the long term plans, same with Sulzer, maybe even McBain. McNabb is...
In 2-3 years

Ehrhoff-Myers
Risto-Zadorav
McCabe-Pysyk

Before the draft, McNabb was an untouchable for me but now we can use him to get talent up top.

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 05:35 PM
MagnumForce

It's still a fair trade proposal......the Sabres might not have alot of NHL ready defenseman but they do have an abundance of young, above average to uppertier ones in their system. Pysyk, McCabe, Ruhwedel, Ristolainen, Zadorov, McNabb with McBain (25), Weber (25) and Myers (23). So moving a defenseman for a forward wouldn't be a bad option.

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 05:53 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 423
I like McNabb and while he wouldn't be my first choice if/when Connolly or another forward prospect gets traded for D I would still like the trade.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 06:22 PM
DJN21

this trade makes way too much sense...no way it can happen lol.

I'd like to expand on it and take Malone off your hands for an additional piece...

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
That's intriguing. I love McNabb, even though he was injured and we didn't get to see him up here last season after the deadline deals shipped Leo and Reggie out. I expect we do see him at some point this year, whether it's on opening night or later on in the season as a recall.

It's a fair proposal, although I'm not totally crazy about Connolly and I am about McNabb. I just think everything he brings is what this team has needed for years and with him, Ristolainen, and Zadorov in the plans I can't stop thinking about that.

Connolly's still a good prospect but I love McNabb and I think he's going to be a punishing top-four with offensive upside. It's very fair but I don't know if I'd pull the trigger. I'd hate losing McNabb. Fair proposal though. I'm undecided.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Chet Donnelly
HFBoards Sponsor

Good proposal actually. Value is fair and I think it would work.

Chet Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 07:49 PM
MagnumForce

Kudos TMack.....good proposal

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 07:49 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
we do? news to me

I was gonna ask that too. Someone should tell them to stop trading for more then.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 07:55 PM
VegasSabreFan

I'd personally rather move Pysyk, but I guess it makes more sense to let a LHD go.

VegasSabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSabreFan View Post
I'd personally rather move Pysyk, but I guess it makes more sense to let a LHD go.
I like both McNabb and Pysyk. They're different types of prospects, McNabb being a lefty who plays with much more of an edge and has more size, Pysyk a righty who plays a calmer and less flashy game. I think both could develop offense at the NHL level.

Like I said before, the value's fair but I just love the defense prospects in our pool that I don't know if I'd want to move either of them, no matter if we drafted Ristolainen or Zadorov or not. Having all these guys is a nice problem to have. I love all of their potential and don't know if I'd trade any of them so early.

Connolly's had trouble at the NHL level, no? Lightning fans might be able to shed some light on what they see of him. Was he rushed in too early? Similar to Niederreiter? I know at least Connolly was playing in the top-six when he's been up. Niedderreiter wasn't. It seems like Connolly's not quite ready yet.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:25 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Before we traded Sekera, I would have done it.

Without Seks, no way. I don't want a bunch of young guys playing, even if we are going to be in the basement.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:26 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
No way. Let's keep Pysyk for now please.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:54 PM
TampaBolt
Muck Fichigan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
I like both McNabb and Pysyk. They're different types of prospects, McNabb being a lefty who plays with much more of an edge and has more size, Pysyk a righty who plays a calmer and less flashy game. I think both could develop offense at the NHL level.

Like I said before, the value's fair but I just love the defense prospects in our pool that I don't know if I'd want to move either of them, no matter if we drafted Ristolainen or Zadorov or not. Having all these guys is a nice problem to have. I love all of their potential and don't know if I'd trade any of them so early.

Connolly's had trouble at the NHL level, no? Lightning fans might be able to shed some light on what they see of him. Was he rushed in too early? Similar to Niederreiter? I know at least Connolly was playing in the top-six when he's been up. Niedderreiter wasn't. It seems like Connolly's not quite ready yet.
Connolly was rushed for sure in his rookie season, playing 3rd/4th line most of the time with little power play time. During his short stint this season he showed progress and was close to score many times. He clearly progressed and is on the right track since he also put very good numbers in the AHL as a 20 yo. He will have a bigger role probably next year with the team.

TampaBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Lolwut??

You must be one of those guys who has some fascination with big physical players as opposed to the ones that are simply better at their position.

Stop Winnin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 09:37 PM
IdealisticSniper

Fair value wise Id say but if Connolly is moved Id think it would be in a package for a younger already NHL proven top 4 dman. Not another prospect type player, even if he is close to NHL ready.

IdealisticSniper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 04:28 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Hey this could work.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 04:43 AM
clumping platelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
this trade makes way too much sense...no way it can happen lol.

I'd like to expand on it and take Malone off your hands for an additional piece...

I agree

McNabb, Stafford, and cond 2015 for Malone and Connolly

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 04:44 AM
clumping platelets

Quote:

No......we need to keep Pysyk

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 09:43 AM
CraniumCram
Bring back BJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
I agree

McNabb, Stafford, and cond 2015 for Malone and Connolly
Make it so.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:

When did this happen?

Quote:
In 2-3 years

Ehrhoff-Myers
Risto-Zadorav
McCabe-Pysyk

Before the draft, McNabb was an untouchable for me but now we can use him to get talent up top.
McCabe hasn't even left college and two of those guys they just drafted so you'd like to make a trade NOW based on that? Wow, I wish I could share your faith in all of these guys turning out or none of them not hitting their peaks.

But for right now, I'd rather they retain the player in a position they are relatively thin at and don't have what McNabb can bring when he's "on", that being physical play, than deal for a redunancy with iffy hips.

07-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Zip15

vCash: 396
McNabb has enough offensive ability and physicality that even if he doesn't cut down on the defensive errors, he can play relatively sheltered minutes. He's not a guy I want to move right now. I think he's more of the player that came on towards the second half of last year. I'd start him in Rochester, let him play 20-25 minutes per night for 30+ games, and then bring him up to the big club as we look to move guys like Sulzer and/or Tallinder once we fall out of contention.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
The problem was either leave him in juniors on a mediocre team or play him a little too early. Both aren't good options and they decided to leave him in Tampa. He pöayed modtly 3rd/4tj line minutes. IMO his potential is still as high as on his draft day, so first line winger. It's just like his development took one year off. The difference between him and Niederreiter is that Connolly has more points on every level so far.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote