HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Name Subban next captain of the Canadiens

View Poll Results: Should PK Subban be the next Canadiens captain?
Yes, he would be a good choice as captain 68 32.08%
No, he is not the ideal choice 144 67.92%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-08-2013, 04:49 AM
PricePkPatch*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis76 View Post
By watching the 24ch videos and Subban's play on the Ice i'm pretty confident in P.K.'s ability of becoming a captain... Though I don't think he would get the respect needed from the older players (near retirement i have to insist) to be the captain.
People should stop using the word "respect". I am sure everybody on the team respect PK; he's a great contributor to our team.

I think the term people should use instead if "look up to", or a similar term. The point is; PK isn't currently in a position where he would be able to go to men like Plekanec or Markov and tell them what they should do. Patch and other youngsters? Maybe. But not some of our veterans.

PricePkPatch* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 04:58 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Not yet.

And what was up with that tirade on Paccioretty on the bench? He needs to cut that crap out. Let him mature and then revisit this question in a few years. Definitely not now.
No he doesn't.

Pacioretty threw an idiotic suicide pass to the teams best player a few days after Eller got destroyed on one. Of course he is mad..Pacioretty nearly took PK out of the series with that stupid pass.

Max should have dumped it in and chased it, not look for a guy who was clearly in a vulnerable position.

Chara was doing something quite similar to Seguin not long after and they call it leadership. PK does it and it's whining and *****ing. All about this apparent reputation that PK has for not being a leader. Absolute ********.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 05:19 AM
poetryinmotion

The only way for him to legitimately be captain is if the players unanimously voted him as such and I just don't see that happening right now, sadly.

In my opinion he would make a fine captain even today but people will always doubt him for some reason.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 06:17 AM

Subban's is a lot more mature then he's given credit for.

Not many players his age or even older, could take some of the abuse and blatant lies people in the media say about him and always respond with total class.

He represents the Habs about as well as anyone has in recent years

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 06:23 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I don't usually like younger captains, they have enough to worry about without the extra pressure.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 06:30 AM
Gally11

Markov at one point in time didn't want the C because he hates media attention but we've seen him grow more comfortable the last few years in front of cameras

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 06:40 AM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
No, I don't want him traded but that could happen if he is captain! See all previous captains not named Beliveau !

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
I think Tinordi is closer to being captain than Subban.

Unless PK becomes a little less excitable, I can't see him being captain.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post

Not many players his age or even older, could take some of the abuse and blatant lies people in the media say about him and always respond with total class.

that too. I am saying, Subban is made of all the right stuff for Captain material. He sacrifices himself for the team, can play with a head on his shoulder and always gives the best of himself.

The ONLY thing missing isn't "Maturity", or "Respect". It's simply experience. Experience in knowing what it is to be a leader. That comes with time; give it to him.

But I'd be surprised if he is never considered for the job. He has it in him. He can handle that sort of pressure with a smile

Old
07-08-2013, 07:03 AM
habtastic

Apart from the fact that Gio is IMO a fine captain, PK is just fine as an A or even without one.

We all love him and he gives everything, but that doesn't mean he's the right fit. In fact I think his personality is what makes him exciting to watch, but doesn't lend itself so much to captain. Either way, our locker room seems tights, so we really don't need to worry about this kind of stuff atm.

To say nothing of the fact that if anybody after Gio deserves captain, it should be (no, not Gorges), Plekanec. THAT is the kind of guy that exudes captain. Tell me he doesn't do everything for the team.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Capitano

Quote:

100% agree. I think PK is the perfect choice for captain personally.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Apart from the fact that Gio is IMO a fine captain, PK is just fine as an A or even without one.

We all love him and he gives everything, but that doesn't mean he's the right fit. In fact I think his personality is what makes him exciting to watch, but doesn't lend itself so much to captain. Either way, our locker room seems tights, so we really don't need to worry about this kind of stuff atm.

To say nothing of the fact that if anybody after Gio deserves captain, it should be (no, not Gorges), Plekanec. THAT is the kind of guy that exudes captain. Tell me he doesn't do everything for the team.
Plekanec? Ummmmm....no thanks. I've been waiting and waiting for Plekanec to do something to set himself apart from the rest of the pack for years...it's not going to happen now imo. Pleks is the perfect 2nd line center - but he's no captain imo.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 07:17 AM
Brainiac

I would definitely give him an A this year.

Hockey is a very conservative environment though, and I'm sure PK gets a lot of criticism if he wears the C right now. However, if he keeps improving his game, it will be hard to ignore him.

And it's not just his play. You can see that the guy is perfectly comfortable with the media, got good people skills etc.

Brainiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 07:25 AM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
Let's wait another year and revisit.
For now, Gionta is fine.
This.

Until then, Subban might be able to show us that he's captain material.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Yozzy

I think he definitely is mature enough. There was a time, only a few years ago when he wasn't, but I feel I've watched this kid grow into a mature leader on the team. When I see him in front of the media I'm just so impressed on how far he's come. Best player on the team, born leader, love the guy.

Yozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

No, I don't see Subban in that role. I love his personality and enthusiasm and think he's a great guy for the team and all, but he does get emotional on the ice in ways that I don't think really make him an ideal captain. He yaps a lot to the refs, and I don't think he has their respect (at all), and I just think it would be too much pressure on an already polarizing figure to push the captaincy on him. Let him stay free and clear of that. And Galchenyuk too SVP. Montreal is a good city to put the C on some industrious role player, I'd say. I mean, assuming some Beliveau doesn't come along. But otherwise, give the star players a break.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:00 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical Ed View Post
He's probably the last player on the team that should be named captain. He's shelfish and He's nowhere close to being a leader. Imagine Gorges, Gionta and Markov's face when They would learn that He's capitain.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised If He's not a Hab in a few years !
Best post ever!!!!!1!

On a more serious note, please tell me you don't have children

Oh and I'd rather see Gorges with the C for a couple of years once Gionta goes, then Galchenyuk. Galchenyuk to me appears to be a perfect captaincy candidate long term. I wouldn't be upset at all if its Subban however.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:02 AM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:

Was there ever an instance where Subban made an outburst or did anything unprofessional? Tyler Seguin is getting in trouble for what seems like drunkin twitter antics and i don't think we've ever seen something like that from our PK.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:04 AM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

I don't think he'd make an ideal choice for captain. No doubt he's a great player and he will be an elite d-man for a long time, but I think there are better choices as captain. Josh Gorges should be the next captain IMO with the Alternates going to Markov and Plekanec.

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:04 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
Was there ever an instance where Subban made an outburst or did anything unprofessional? Tyler Seguin is getting in trouble for what seems like drunkin twitter antics and i don't think we've ever seen something like that from our PK.
PK is extremely professional and appears to be incredibly serious about his hockey career. I have no idea why he has a bad reputation, I think its a perfect case of ''repeat lies long enough and people will believe them''.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Brainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
PK is extremely professional and appears to be incredibly serious about his hockey career. I have no idea why he has a bad reputation, I think its a perfect case of ''repeat lies long enough and people will believe them''.
I think a part of it has to do with some pigments in the outer layer of his epidermal enveloppe.

Add to that the fact that he's from the most hated urban region in the country, and he's not your typical shy hockey player that can't align two sentences.

Brainiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:15 AM
CoconutHockey

If some of you have played hockey at a high level, you would know that in order to be a good captain, one of the main prerequisite for the job is the respect you get from your teammates and your coaches, one thing PK does not have right now. PK should not even be in the discussion right now, maybe in 5-10 years from now if he changes.

Next question.

CoconutHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:19 AM
ScottFC

I think he'd be a great captain but it's a little too soon

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:24 AM
sharks9

Not right now but in a few years he could be the captain.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:24 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
I think a part of it has to do with some pigments in the outer layer of his epidermal enveloppe.

Add to that the fact that he's from the most hated urban region in the country, and he's not your typical shy hockey player that can't align two sentences.
I'd say it's more like Michael Jordan's fault than anything else.

Here is a video arguing about MMORPG, but he starts his point by explaining why Michael Jordan ruined professional sports and professional athletes. His point is made from 0:31 to 2:53