HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2013, 08:41 AM
odishabs

vCash: 500
Eller and Moen

for

Couturier and Talbot

thhoughts?

Old
07-08-2013, 08:42 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Eller and Moen

for

Couturier and Talbot

thhoughts?

Old
07-08-2013, 08:43 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Eller and Moen

for

Couturier and Talbot

thhoughts?
Everything I heard about Couturier is that he's a rich man's Eller

and Moen has almost nil value compared to Talbot..

Old
07-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Eller and Moen

for

Couturier and Talbot

thhoughts?
Don't know why but I've never been a big fan of Couturier. I still think a guy like Coburn and Simmonds would be great here. That's who we should target. Those 2 would give the Habs some identity

Old
07-08-2013, 08:51 AM
odishabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
What's the problem?

Old
07-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Eller has more offensive upside than Couturier IMO. Couturier will be a premier shutdown centre in the NHL for many years, while Eller will be one of the very good 2-way players.

I'd pass.

Old
07-08-2013, 09:03 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
What's the problem?
we already took Eller and developped him into what he is (for now, a good young two way C with 50+ pts potential), why would we trade him away and have to restart the whole developpement process so Couts can become that in 3 or 4 years ?

Old
07-08-2013, 09:04 AM
LeHaboholique

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1464319

Don't be Dumb son. Vote Munson!

Old
07-08-2013, 09:30 AM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
So we get an overpaid mediocre dman, a 4th line penalty killer, and a PF who can score 20. We give our best forward, a potential top 4 dman who could be a PP QB and will fight, and a 4th line PK'er. You say we win this deal? What planet are you from? Why would Philly want another center? No deal to be had here.
Coburn is not an overpaid mediocre D man and would improve the D significantly who at 28 should play well for many years. Talbot is a 4th liner but a better 4th liner than the guy we would be sending back. You say a 20 goal PF as if they are easy to get, not so much friend, they are very hard to get, and hes young. I love Pleks and Nathan B looks promising and I like him, I was clear wasn't I about both ? Thing is, such a trade brings in a young physical scoring winger with some skill , who should greatly improve our top 9 with what he brings. We have an heir apparent to Pleks. As for Nathan B, again, a loss but we would have a much improved D right now.Likely would mean Markov is moved. For me, hands down such a trade improves us now and for the next several years. You want good assets back in a trade, you need to give up good assets. If you really think Coburn is mediocre, Talbot is a mutt as Moen is better and you yawn at Simmonds, that's fine , we just have a different evaluation of these players and a different time frame of when what such a trade would do for us in getting a shot at a Cup.

Old
07-08-2013, 09:39 AM

I would give up a whole lot to get my hands on Wayne Simmonds if the Flyers were crazy enough to move him in the first place

Someone brought up a 'rumored'

Plekanec + Moen + Beaulieu for Coburn + Simmonds trade?

Please...if the Flyers were dumb enough to do accept that, that trade would of been done already

P.S. - save me the diatribe about who is going to replace Plekanec's 'tough minutes' assignments

Old
07-08-2013, 09:46 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I would give up a whole lot to get my hands on Wayne Simmonds if the Flyers were crazy enough to move him in the first place

Please...if the Flyers were dumb enough to do accept that, that trade would of been done already

P.S. - save me the diatribe about who is going to replace Plekanec's 'tough minutes' assignments
it would make a huge difference on our "C line" for a season (or two), but the idea of having a top 6 with Eller, Galchenyuk, Patches, Gallagher, Simmonds for the next ten years or so would be too good to pass on.

Old
07-08-2013, 09:50 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Eller and Moen

for

Couturier and Talbot

thhoughts?
Seems like a pretty lateral move at best to be honest. You could probably make a case that Couturier/Talbot are/will be better than Eller/Moen but it won't be by a tremendous amount, I don't think...

Old
07-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Seems like a pretty lateral move at best to be honest. You could probably make a case that Couturier/Talbot are/will be better than Eller/Moen but it won't be by a tremendous amount, I don't think...
I actually prefer Eller to Couturier as he is a far superior skater. As much as I want to improve the size of the team I would like to keep as much speed as possible.

Old
07-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
So we get an overpaid mediocre dman, a 4th line penalty killer, and a PF who can score 20. We give our best forward, a potential top 4 dman who could be a PP QB and will fight, and a 4th line PK'er. You say we win this deal? What planet are you from? Why would Philly want another center? No deal to be had here.
That is an enormously biased post!

"Simmonds can score 20"....lol you say that like that is his potential. He scored 28 two seasons ago and was on pace to do the same last season. He was also on pace to score 60 points while playing a true power forward game.

Coburn is a legitimate top 4 d-man on any team......that my friend is not mediocre.

This deal is obviously never going to happen but I guarantee you if Holmgren ever offered that to Bergevin the answer would be an instant and emphatic yes!

Old
07-08-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
That is an enormously biased post!

"Simmonds can score 20"....lol you say that like that is his potential. He scored 28 two seasons ago and was on pace to do the same last season. He was also on pace to score 60 points while playing a true power forward game.

Coburn is a legitimate top 4 d-man on any team......that my friend is not mediocre.

This deal is obviously never going to happen but I guarantee you if Holmgren ever offered that to Bergevin the answer would be an instant and emphatic yes!
If Coburn is that good then he would not be on the trade market. Give your head a shake. Philly is weak defensively and in goal so they move a top 4 dman for another center?? They already have Vinny moving to the wing. Pass on Coburn. Simmonds would be a nice add but not for Pleks. Give them Collberg and a pick as they need to shed some salary. Then move DD and Gionta if possible.

Old
07-08-2013, 10:27 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Trading Eller right now would be a backwards move. Unless you are getting an elite all-star type back, you don't trade him.

He's a young player on a cheap deal, on the cusp of being an excellent two-way top 6 center with size.

Old
07-08-2013, 10:31 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
If Coburn is that good then he would not be on the trade market. Give your head a shake. Philly is weak defensively and in goal so they move a top 4 dman for another center?? They already have Vinny moving to the wing. Pass on Coburn. Simmonds would be a nice add but not for Pleks. Give them Collberg and a pick as they need to shed some salary. Then move DD and Gionta if possible.
1993, do you live by the motto that "The Grass is always browner on the other side"?

talk about overrating what we have

Old
07-08-2013, 10:36 AM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post

The Rumour is actually a bit better than that, Talbot would also be coming our way. Agreed though, cant see Holmgren pulling the trigger on such a trade.

Old
07-08-2013, 10:43 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
The Rumour is actually a bit better than that, Talbot would also be coming our way. Agreed though, cant see Holmgren pulling the trigger on such a trade.
On the other hand, it is Holmgren....

Waffle Cup: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1464319

Old
07-08-2013, 10:55 AM
HomaridII

Tony Marinaro ‏@TonyMarinaro 2m
Rumors of #Habs trying to acquire Maxime Talbot via trade or sign UFA Jaromir Jagr are false.

Old
07-08-2013, 10:59 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Rumors of #Habs trying to acquire Maxime Talbot via trade or sign UFA Jaromir Jagr are false.
Which means...

WE ARE DOING BOTH!!!

Old
07-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
don't know why u guys hate Eller so much. I think he's a keeper.
? Where do u get that from?

I've been one of Eller's biggest fans even well before his play this past season...

Eller being good doesn't make pleks automatically expendable.

Eller-pleks-gally for the next 3 years would be a great C lineup for the near future!

Old
07-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Rushin Joo

Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
Quote:
Good. Now go and get Coburn and Simmonds!

Old
07-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
I wouldn't pay attention to a single thing Marinaro says. That guy is full of crap.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I wouldn't pay attention to a single thing Marinaro says. That guy is full of crap.
He's probably 'right' about the Flyers.
I say 'right' because, I think many people already assumed that was never going to happen... so he's just trying to make it out like he has sources, by saying it wont happen.

Closed Thread