HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carey Prices Stats so far

Old
10-26-2006, 10:04 AM
David_99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post

Hell, we've even got our own Bob! Come on down!
<>
..|
./ \

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:49 AM
Pax Macioretty

when he'l bcome the starter for team Canada, he'l finally get the respect he diserves, especially on the prospect boards

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Phousse

A lot of you guys just want to rush him. RELAX.

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 01:27 PM
GoldenForum

Price: Monster to Be

I've read quite a few Price bashing posts of late (i.e. we should have gone with brule, Kopitar, etc). Not to take anything away from those two (particularly Kopitar), but this kid Price has got the make-up of a franchise player IN Montreal. Awesome skills (he was by far the best goalie at Habs training camp), big size, and the MIND to succeed in HabLand. Level-headed and Cool.

I really like some of the players the Habs have drafted of late-- obviously Higgins, Chipchura, Price-- they've all got the Gainey-like determination/fire-burning. And this kid Fisher could turn out to be a real gem. Remember Price and Fisher are still really young so the results won't be for a while but I believe we'll have two top, imposing stars on our hands.

GoldenForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 01:34 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Well, I like our picks for sure, but I'm not certain Chipchura is going to be anything more than a 3rd or 4th liner with leadership. I'm not even sure he's going to be a quality 3rd liner. As for Price, I really like him but it pains me to see all those forwards having success so early. Like it or not, Brule and Kopitar are SPECIAL players. Carey could become a franchise goalie and that would give our organisation a lot of stability for many years. Still, we once again failed to pick an impact forward when a lot of teams didn't missed the boat in 2003 and 2005.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
<>
..|
./ \

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 02:20 PM
turnbuckle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenForum View Post
I've read quite a few Price bashing posts of late (i.e. we should have gone with brule, Kopitar, etc). Not to take anything away from those two (particularly Kopitar), but this kid Price has got the make-up of a franchise player IN Montreal. Awesome skills (he was by far the best goalie at Habs training camp), big size, and the MIND to succeed in HabLand. Level-headed and Cool.

I really like some of the players the Habs have drafted of late-- obviously Higgins, Chipchura, Price-- they've all got the Gainey-like determination/fire-burning. And this kid Fisher could turn out to be a real gem. Remember Price and Fisher are still really young so the results won't be for a while but I believe we'll have two top, imposing stars on our hands.

Price was by far the best goalie at Habs training camp was he?

Any chance you would have some evidence of that?

I'm suspecting by next August it will have been said on this board that Price had a training camp that has never been equalled in the annals of sporting history.

Folks saw Price surrender less goals than the other Hab goalie in 30 minutes of televised action, and have thus strongly concluded that Price was not only the best goalie at training camp, but he was the best goalie by far.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 02:27 PM
henri2014

what is the weakness of price??

henri2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 02:31 PM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Hell, we've even got our own Bob! Come on down!
<>
..|
./ \
I'm pretty sure it will be "Come on up! You're the next goaltender cause the Price is right!"

StanleyCH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 02:57 PM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
Well, I like our picks for sure, but I'm not certain Chipchura is going to be anything more than a 3rd or 4th liner with leadership. I'm not even sure he's going to be a quality 3rd liner. As for Price, I really like him but it pains me to see all those forwards having success so early. Like it or not, Brule and Kopitar are SPECIAL players. Carey could become a franchise goalie and that would give our organisation a lot of stability for many years. Still, we once again failed to pick an impact forward when a lot of teams didn't missed the boat in 2003 and 2005.

nothing wrong with being a 3rd or 4th liner.....what's his name Cory Urqhart? Sure would be nice if we could say he was 3rd or 4th line material. Where did we pick him 40th overall?

BTW anyone know how JT Wyman's doing?

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS View Post
nothing wrong with being a 3rd or 4th liner.....what's his name Cory Urqhart? Sure would be nice if we could say he was 3rd or 4th line material. Where did we pick him 40th overall?

BTW anyone know how JT Wyman's doing?
JT hasn't played yet (from habsprospects.hockeyhq...or something like that)

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 03:12 PM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
JT hasn't played yet (from habsprospects.hockeyhq...or something like that)

Thanks. I don't know why, but I have a good feeling about this kid. I saw him a couple of time's last year before he was hurt..... Man he was tenacious and playing like someone p**sed in his cornflakes........... for such a big guy that could be a problem for the opposition.

Hope he has a good year.

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote