HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Okay I'll stop talking about Leggio and Yonkman from now on....first going with the Caps. Second with the Ducks.

Old
07-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Gary320

Still nothing from Filosa regarding the Flyers/Habs rumours

Old
07-08-2013, 12:23 PM
ROSSter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Cause they weren't true...

Old
07-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Year 101

Burmistrov to the KHL. Feel bad for the jets, used to think he had so much potential when he was drafted. Too bad he was rushed by the Thrash.

Old
07-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSter View Post
Cause they weren't true...
Be it true or not. You still expect him to come out with the

"Looks like talks have fallen through".. thats what 'insiders' do.

Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
he should cancel his twitter account

Old
Galchenyuk4habs

My best guess is MB is done, we will hear "rumors" of him looking at players. But MB is not a risk/reward type of GM. He likes to play it safe and that's why we will go into the season with the same line-up, but mid-season we might end up seeing one of the smurfs get traded once their value rises.

Old
07-08-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
1993, do you live by the motto that "The Grass is always browner on the other side"?

talk about overrating what we have
Hmmmm...overrating whom? I said move DD and Gionta for whatever we can get. I value Pleks more than Simmonds. Not a good idea to add a PF and then trade our best forward for him. Better to go after Stewart and Polak from St.Louis as they need cap relief and these guys may actually be available for picks and prospects.

Old
07-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Year 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
My best guess is MB is done, we will hear "rumors" of him looking at players. But MB is not a risk/reward type of GM. He likes to play it safe and that's why we will go into the season with the same line-up, but mid-season we might end up seeing one of the smurfs get traded once their value rises.
I agree with you, he's a really big fan of developing his own players. Still I'd love to see a trade bringing Chris Stewart to the habs, it'd make for a very competitive top 6.

Old
07-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Zorba

Quote:
My feelings exactly. Teams is still to small on the wing, especially RW. I hope he can make a trade to address this, but deeply doubt it

Old
07-08-2013, 12:37 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
My feelings exactly. Teams is still to small on the wing, especially RW. I hope he can make a trade to address this, but deeply doubt it
while this is true, our biggest weakness remains our defense as we desperately need to get better, especially with emelin out untill december and markov aging one more year

Old
07-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
while this is true, our biggest weakness remains our defense as we desperately need to get better, especially with emelin out untill december and markov aging one more year
So you dont think out lack of size in the skill positions will be a problem? Habs have some good D coming up who are bigger guys, Tinordi and Beaulieu. Not alot up front. Im still hoping for a trade but know it wont happen

Old
07-08-2013, 12:42 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
he should cancel his twitter account
Everybody wants to be an insider on UFA Day (or draft day, or the trade deadline, etc). Pretty sad.

Old
07-08-2013, 12:46 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
So you dont think out lack of size in the skill positions will be a problem? Habs have some good D coming up who are bigger guys, Tinordi and Beaulieu. Not alot up front. Im still hoping for a trade but know it wont happen
read carefully i said its true we are small at wing...

Old
07-08-2013, 12:50 PM
yianik

Quote:
I think you are right about MB being cautious. Only time will tell if he is gun shy about making trades, but I don't think he is, he did make the Cole trade. To me he is someone who has a picture of what he wants the team to look like and he will be patient about making moves until a move can be made that fills in a piece of that picture, and then he will act. Remember, he was, in his words, willing to pay the high price to move up ( though not high enough apparently ) in the Draft, and he did make plays for Letang and Edler. So I think he could make a trade anytime and you might see something soon as we do have some depth in a couple of spots along with some Cap room, so we could dance with a team having some Cap problems, like the Flyers.

Old
07-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Tony Marinaro ‏@TonyMarinaro 2m
Rumors of #Habs trying to acquire Maxime Talbot via trade or sign UFA Jaromir Jagr are false.
Long as we are not moving Beaulieu for Talbot, I'm game. If we can somehow get rid of Moen in the process. That would be a clean win.

Old
07-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I would like to thank the league to have waited that I post my list of interesting potential players for the Dogs so that they THEN remove the names 1 by 1 telling me I wasted my time....After Leggio and Yonkman, Chris Mueller is out.

Old
07-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Tony Marinaro ‏@TonyMarinaro 2m
Rumors of #Habs trying to acquire Maxime Talbot via trade or sign UFA Jaromir Jagr are false.
TONY SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE.

Wait, what?

Old
07-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
He tweeted: @scimegaresearch we'll see what happens. I'm sure they'll keep talking over the next few days. I'll get back on it on monday #nhlfreeagency

last week.

Let's see...

Old
07-08-2013, 01:14 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Nothing on anything since Saturday.

Old
07-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
Nothing on anything since Saturday.
Quote:
jeremy filosa ‏@j_filosa 8m
@garytalmeida I will go ahead and check if I can get any other info. #NHL
Regarding Flyers.

follow up will probably be "Nothing to report" or "Talks have fallen through"

Old
07-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Galchenyuk4habs

If I was GM at this point, I would sign Fistric to a 2-3 year deal around 1.75M per. Look at the Stewart situation, then call it a free agency.

If I was the GM before the FA I would of signed Douglas Murray instead of Danny Briere and looked HARD at Bobby Ryan, I mean REAL hard. Consider moving Eller,Gallagher,Plekanec for him. He was the player that we need, the biggest disappointment was that MB was not able to get him, and a division rival did. I'm not disappointed with the Clowe,Clarkson,Horton even Iginla deals as they got absurd money/term for their value.

So if we sign Fistric I see us look like this:

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-DD-Bourque
Prust-Eller-Briere
Moen-White-Parros
Dumont
Blunden
Thomas
Gio(injury)

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Fistric
Tinordi-Diaz
Bouillon
Beaulieu
Drewsike
Emelin(Injury)

Price
Budaj
Mayer

Evaluations of the roster:
First line: Pretty decent first line, quite inexperienced but talented. Got 2 talented players and one feisty one crashing the net. Looking for rebounds.

Second line: Pretty good second line, could be a first-line. Bourque replaces Cole, DD and Patches always have been together and had their biggest success together.

Third line: Gio is on IR an will replace Prust once he comes back, very good 3rd line, Eller is a legit 2nd-3rd line center and Briere is very talented, now if he can bounce back is a big question. Gio will play good as usual, Eller and Briere will be the playmakers.

4rth line: Very decent 4rth line considering Prust will most likely play there most of the year, you got the best Lightweight in the league in Prust, a crazy maniac in White and a decent HW in Parros, pretty intimidating to most teams and can hold it's one against Ottawa/Toronto/Boston which was big issue IMO last year, not having a heavy that is...

Defence: Subban, the best of the best. Will be anchoring the group, Markov will not be playing as many minutes anymore, Emelin looks like will take some time to recover. Lets see if Fistric can replace him(if Fistric doesn't sign then I would put Tinordi there) as a physical d-man. There is a lot of depth there, but not on the top pairings.

Goalies: Big question mark on Carey Price, this season will be a make it or break it for him IMO. Carey has to perform and save us a few nights, and if we make the playoffs he cannot play mediocre again or he will be traded or at least shopped around, yes I said it... Budaj is a solid Backup and will play good when Carey wants to take the night off.

In summary, looks like a very solid team, despite still having goaltender issues, top-4 minute-eating defenceman issues and a solid PWF on the top lines still lacking. Still looks like a club who will make the playoffs, I guesstimate around 4-8 range. I suspect a first-round exit if Carey does not get his **** together and as far as a eastern conference finals appearance if Carey plays good and we have a good season not snake-bitten with injuries.

Old
07-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I would like to thank the league to have waited that I post my list of interesting potential players for the Dogs so that they THEN remove the names 1 by 1 telling me I wasted my time....After Leggio and Yonkman, Chris Mueller is out.
Maybe the league would like to thank your for posting such a great list and are using it as we speak.

Old
07-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Zorba

Quote:
If I was GM at this point, I would sign Fistric to a 2-3 year deal around 1.75M per. Look at the Stewart situation, then call it a free agency.

If I was the GM before the FA I would of signed Douglas Murray instead of Danny Briere and looked HARD at Bobby Ryan, I mean REAL hard. Consider moving Eller,Gallagher,Plekanec for him. He was the player that we need, the biggest disappointment was that MB was not able to get him, and a division rival did. I'm not disappointed with the Clowe,Clarkson,Horton even Iginla deals as they got absurd money/term for their value.

So if we sign Fistric I see us look like this:

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-DD-Bourque
Prust-Eller-Briere
Moen-White-Parros
Dumont
Blunden
Thomas
Gio(injury)

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Fistric
Tinordi-Diaz
Bouillon
Beaulieu
Drewsike
Emelin(Injury)

Price
Budaj
Mayer

Evaluations of the roster:
First line: Pretty decent first line, quite inexperienced but talented. Got 2 talented players and one feisty one crashing the net. Looking for rebounds.

Second line: Pretty good second line, could be a first-line. Bourque replaces Cole, DD and Patches always have been together and had their biggest success together.

Third line: Gio is on IR an will replace Prust once he comes back, very good 3rd line, Eller is a legit 2nd-3rd line center and Briere is very talented, now if he can bounce back is a big question. Gio will play good as usual, Eller and Briere will be the playmakers.

4rth line: Very decent 4rth line considering Prust will most likely play there most of the year, you got the best Lightweight in the league in Prust, a crazy maniac in White and a decent HW in Parros, pretty intimidating to most teams and can hold it's one against Ottawa/Toronto/Boston which was big issue IMO last year, not having a heavy that is...

Defence: Subban, the best of the best. Will be anchoring the group, Markov will not be playing as many minutes anymore, Emelin looks like will take some time to recover. Lets see if Fistric can replace him(if Fistric doesn't sign then I would put Tinordi there) as a physical d-man. There is a lot of depth there, but not on the top pairings.

Goalies: Big question mark on Carey Price, this season will be a make it or break it for him IMO. Carey has to perform and save us a few nights, and if we make the playoffs he cannot play mediocre again or he will be traded or at least shopped around, yes I said it... Budaj is a solid Backup and will play good when Carey wants to take the night off.

In summary, looks like a very solid team, despite still having goaltender issues, top-4 minute-eating defenceman issues and a solid PWF on the top lines still lacking. Still looks like a club who will make the playoffs, I guesstimate around 4-8 range. I suspect a first-round exit if Carey does not get his **** together and as far as a eastern conference finals appearance if Carey plays good and we have a good season not snake-bitten with injuries.
Im not sure if that is a playoff team in a 82 game schedule. Its a very small team especially on RW. we will seew hat happens I suppose and also where did you hear that Gionta wont be ready? last I heard he will be back for training camp

Old
07-08-2013, 02:33 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
Would probably cost us something around Beaulieu though, to get them interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I would give up a whole lot to get my hands on Wayne Simmonds if the Flyers were crazy enough to move him in the first place

Someone brought up a 'rumored'

Plekanec + Moen + Beaulieu for Coburn + Simmonds trade?

Please...if the Flyers were dumb enough to do accept that, that trade would of been done already

P.S. - save me the diatribe about who is going to replace Plekanec's 'tough minutes' assignments
In 3 years Beaulieu>>Coburn and Simmonds combined. In my opinion at least. I will be so mad if we trade him and he is the best piece in the deal. That skating/skill/size combo is probably second to none. The fact he can fight and also has that "swag" to him, makes it impossible for me to be ok with trading him for anything less than the moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
Hmmmm...overrating whom? I said move DD and Gionta for whatever we can get. I value Pleks more than Simmonds. Not a good idea to add a PF and then trade our best forward for him. Better to go after Stewart and Polak from St.Louis as they need cap relief and these guys may actually be available for picks and prospects.
Much rather Stewart and Polak if it means we keep Beaulieu. Beaulieu and Tinordi are almost untouchable imo.

Closed Thread