HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT ''Rivalry Game'': 26/10/06 Montreal @ Boston 7PM EST RDS

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2006, 01:32 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs911 View Post
well u predicted us to win one game and to lose 7, so ur record at predictions suck, you should stick to shutting up instead.

Umm Sir, let me take you to a little stats session:

Our record is : 4-2-2 = 8GP
I predicted 1 win and the other 4 loss.
I'm 5 on 8 GP wich is 62.5%

It's alot better then most of your predictions

Thank you

Old
10-26-2006, 01:36 PM
THEREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPE4HABS View Post
Ok I'm new to this board... but you'll be seeing me more often. Ok first off, it's a game that the habs NEED to win and WILL. Check this:

1-Habs have beat boston 5 in a row, they seem to play strong against them. Yes, boston has added Chara, but other than that the deffence still has holes. And habs have added some more scoring power from last year

2-Huet has shut them out 3 times.... in a row last year. Hes always played a focused game, and he has a lot to prove, after letting in some softies against Buffalo. He wants to be the number 1. he will.

3-The habs work well on the road... they lost to shicago, but theyve played solid road games, and Huet is more calm and focused I find.

4- The line juggling is a great idea by Carbo. I don't like the fact the Sammy is down to the forth, but it's definatly gonna get the guys to realize that they need to perform up to their standards... and to match their unbelievably insane salaries. Sergei will perform well tonight, and he'll give Bostons fourth line a thrill with his speed and puck handling... I hope he scores.

5-SPECIAL TEAMS. Boston is ummmmm.... well sucking as of now. and they've played teams that are only average on the pk and pp (Buffalo excluded) Montreal should put in a couple on the PP and they should also get the momentum on their side with solid PK kills.

Expect Huet to play well tonight, and look for a goal from the second line at least one. Habs WILL take this game and improve to 5-2-2...... Oh and I ohpe Buffalo loses tonight.. they are a team with few flaws and excellent skating and goal scoring, but their constant winning is FU^%&^# annoying!

Paul
WELCOME ABOARD...YOU GONNA HAVE FUN HERE !!!!

Old
10-26-2006, 01:40 PM
e-e

Quote:
Ok I'm new to this board... but you'll be seeing me more often. Ok first off, it's a game that the habs NEED to win and WILL. Check this:

1-Habs have beat boston 5 in a row, they seem to play strong against them. Yes, boston has added Chara, but other than that the deffence still has holes. And habs have added some more scoring power from last year

2-Huet has shut them out 3 times.... in a row last year. Hes always played a focused game, and he has a lot to prove, after letting in some softies against Buffalo. He wants to be the number 1. he will.

3-The habs work well on the road... they lost to shicago, but theyve played solid road games, and Huet is more calm and focused I find.

4- The line juggling is a great idea by Carbo. I don't like the fact the Sammy is down to the forth, but it's definatly gonna get the guys to realize that they need to perform up to their standards... and to match their unbelievably insane salaries. Sergei will perform well tonight, and he'll give Bostons fourth line a thrill with his speed and puck handling... I hope he scores.

5-SPECIAL TEAMS. Boston is ummmmm.... well sucking as of now. and they've played teams that are only average on the pk and pp (Buffalo excluded) Montreal should put in a couple on the PP and they should also get the momentum on their side with solid PK kills.

Expect Huet to play well tonight, and look for a goal from the second line at least one. Habs WILL take this game and improve to 5-2-2...... Oh and I ohpe Buffalo loses tonight.. they are a team with few flaws and excellent skating and goal scoring, but their constant winning is FU^%&^# annoying!

Paul

Old
10-26-2006, 02:41 PM
baldrick

Habs are on the road and have a clear advantage on PP and PK, they should win this one. STILL waiting for this team to dominate supposedly inferior teams, the Colorada game doesn't count imo, looking for the killer instinct.
- need to see a more confident Huet
- Lats job will be simple, create room for Kovalev and Plekanec, KISS
- will Samsonov be out to prove something or sulk?

Old
10-26-2006, 02:51 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

I got a good feeling about this one
Habs by 2, Perez and Streit

Old
10-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

I'm going all in...
400 on the Habs

Old
10-26-2006, 03:00 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post

Thank you
Well yea u always predict loss, you don't even see what team were playing against, tell me one good argument how the Bruins can beat the Habs?! All you do and say is ''Huet is in net so we will lose...bla bla''

Old
10-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino View Post
Somebody should tell Sammy it's frustrating when you're down 3-0 and you have to watch him piss away time by screwing around with the puck then losing it.

Just because a player signs a contract it does not give them a right to ice time. They have to earn it. If he can't see that, quite frankly maybe we don't need him here.

I liked the Samsonov signing. I thought he'd be a definite upgrade over Zednik and would welcome him with open arms. I'd even attribute his bad play so far to just being in a funk. But comments like these do not endear him to me. The team is playing relatively well and all he can think about is his ice time.

I think that you could almost apply this statement to the Latendresse promotion except you would have to change "... because a player signs a contract ..." to "... because a player is french canadian ...".

Old
10-26-2006, 03:08 PM
fredez

Some random predictions :

-Huet will get back on track and allow 2 goals or less
-Samsonov is going to be fired up and get 2 points
-Bégin will score
-There's going to be a fight
-Latendresse will not get any point but his presence in front of the net will allow Streit to score on the PP
-Habs will score 3 or more goals

Old
10-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:

Thank you
Good job, you guess right a little more often than you guess wrong. You are the king of everything and better than everyone.

Old
10-26-2006, 03:21 PM
GSK*

-Huet win the game.
-Begin score his first season Goal.
-Samsonov score 1 goal and get 1 assist on the Begin goal.
-Ryder score twice.
-Perez his first.

5-2 Habs

Lats going no where on the second with Kovy and Plekanec (hope I'm wrong)

Old
10-26-2006, 03:22 PM
GSK*

Quote:

Thank you
Its not good at all. I'm 7 on 8GP. I was thinking to win over Chicago, the only bad decision I made.

87.5% ****!

Old
10-26-2006, 03:26 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Good job, you guess right a little more often than you guess wrong. You are the king of everything and better than everyone.

This poster (TheDamned) is on my ignore list, but I saw the post he just placed. IMO, 2 of those are ties, not losses.
Therefore, you are 3 for 8 in my books.

PS. Instead of being a negative Nancy, why don't you go cheer for a team that you think will win. But don't even bother responding as I will not see your post.

Go Habs!
Big game from the 1st line, and I also have a feeling Sammy will have a good game.
5-1!

Old
10-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
Head's Up

Just a little head's up...mostly to rookies here....since this is the first of many battles to come this year...PLEASE no trolling the Bruin's board tonight.
It will be dealt with quickly and severely.

By the same token....any B's fans that come here for the purpose of trolling...it is my expectation that the Habs Mods also deal with it severely. I posted the same in the bruin's GDT. They are forewarned.

That's not to say a good discussion can't be had, we had some great ones here at HF over the years.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
10-26-2006, 03:31 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
Just a little head's up...mostly to rookies here....since this is the first of many battles to come this year...PLEASE no trolling the Bruin's board tonight.
It will be dealt with quickly and severely.

By the same token....any B's fans that come here for the purpose of trolling...it is my expectation that the Habs Mods also deal with it severely. I posted the same in the bruin's GDT. They are forewarned.

That's not to say a good discussion can't be had, we had some great ones here at HF over the years.
so, we can come to B's board to discuss (respectfully) without being called a troll, right?

Old
10-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
so, we can come to B's board to discuss (respectfully) without being called a troll, right?
yup.

and visa versa.

Old
10-26-2006, 03:42 PM
The Habs Fan

4-0 Habs.

Old
10-26-2006, 03:48 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
yup.

and visa versa.
I'd go more Mastercard-versa

Old
10-26-2006, 03:49 PM
habs86

vCash: 569
Send a message via MSN to habs86 Send a message via Yahoo to habs86
Quote:

Paul
welcome you will enjoy yourself here

Old
10-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
TVU airing the game for us ce soir?

Old
10-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

I like the bruins.
Shoot me.
I still want the habs to win though.

Old
10-26-2006, 04:37 PM
McTusk

Je déteste le Bruins.

Old
10-26-2006, 04:43 PM
GSK*

J'aime les Leafs 5x plus que les Bruins.

Don't know why, in the entire NHL, I hate so much the Bruins but the rivalty is good...Honestly I can't stand on watching an MTL-OTT game... I hate Ottawa so bad, since Yashin was in the team I hate them... I would make love to Leafs fan before watch 82 games of Ottawa. The games are always bad with no emotion, it was less bad last year with Heatley-Spezza in the team but always hate Alfred and his son.

That was off topic...

GO HABS GO!

Old
10-26-2006, 04:46 PM
McTusk

Probably all of the times I watched Neely blow it by Roy.

Edit: From the blue line

Old
10-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Chfan
HFB Partner

Quote: