HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NBA Discussion Thread Pt. II

Old
07-07-2013, 07:27 PM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmovies779 View Post
lol@being right.They beat up on a weak conference and got bounced out in the 2nd round with a payroll that was in the top of the league.You consider that success?More power to you,i consider that failure.They were assembled to be a title contender,guess what,not even close.

I prefer keeping my eyes open regarding this team and seeing the problems they are going to have

But keep on being a fanboy Alan Hahn.Let me know when they advance past the 2nd round. If you are happy being the new Atlanta Hawks,more power to you.
That's first paragraph alone proves you're either not a Knicks fan or simply a really young one.

If you're going to try to win an argument, at least get your facts straight.

The Knicks were 4th in the league in team payroll, and when you consider two of the teams ahead of them (Lakers, Nets) finished lower in both the regular season and playoffs, I'd say payroll isn't a good barometer, especially in the NBA.

Second, you fail to acknowledge that for the previous 12 seasons, the Knicks were one the reasons why the EC was weak to begin with. Good teams beat up on weaker opponents. I have yet to meet one Knicks fan who wasn't extremely pleased, excited, positive etc about what transpired last season. And yes, a No. 2 seed and winning just one series is most certainly successful when you consider the previous decade-plus of futility.

Funny thing about guys like you is that you only show up to say they weren't a title contender AFTER they lost. Where were you during the season, or late in the season, or after the Celtics series when most media felt the Knicks were most certainly contenders.

The whole "weak competition" excuse is easily the most glaring declaration someone can make to prove they know nothing about sports. Especially when the Knicks went 5-1 againt the Heat and Spurs this season.

Oh but let me guess, you think the "regular season means little" even though you used their success against "weak" teams in the regular season to detract from their resume.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 07:28 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
There's no point in arguing with you if all you're going to do is speak in declarative platitudes without backing them up. They got exposed against a Pacers team with almost no bench depth. The Knicks were not a title contender last year. They are not a title contender this year. And the path to title contention for them remains murky at best.

Yes, let's equate criticizing a franchise that hasn't won in 40 years with criticizing a franchise that does almost nothing but win. Makes sense to me.
They got exposed? I'd hardly say that a series where JR and Melo (with ONE SHOULDER) were shooting uncharacteristically bad, with Roy Hibbert never getting called for fouls that were blatant fouls, "exposed" this Knicks team.

The only reason we're not a title contender is because Lebron is arguably a better player than Jordan and his team is built well enough around him that they're nigh unstoppable.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 07:32 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Oh but let me guess, you think the "regular season means little" even though you used their success against "weak" teams in the regular season to detract from their resume.
Sports, where 82+ games get thrown out the window because of ridiculous beliefs about how 7 game series (less in the case of baseball) actually show what a team is made of.

The Spurs SWEPT the Grizz in the PO's. I don't think the Spurs were significantly better than the Grizzlies. And I guess Golden State ***** on Denver. Who cares what the 82 other games say.

Old
07-07-2013, 07:44 PM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Oh, OK. I get it. The rationale around here is you're only a title contender if to make the CF, and of course you can't declare that until, whoa surprise surprise, after the CF teams have been established.

Its ok. Its the offseason. These guys will disappear around opening week just like they did for the entire 7 months after that.

I guess all but four teams in the NBA are "flawed". Memphis is flawed. The Clippers are flawed. Brooklyn AKA Newark is flawed. Denver is flawed.

I mean, they were exposed in the playoffs.

Old
07-07-2013, 07:57 PM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

I wish the Knicks hoarded late 1st round draft picks instead of having players or building around players like Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, JR Smith and Amare Stoudemire so they can instead draft players who develop into, hmmmmmm, Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, JR Smith and Amare Stoudemire.

Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Old
07-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
They got exposed? I'd hardly say that a series where JR and Melo (with ONE SHOULDER) were shooting uncharacteristically bad, with Roy Hibbert never getting called for fouls that were blatant fouls, "exposed" this Knicks team.

The only reason we're not a title contender is because Lebron is arguably a better player than Jordan and his team is built well enough around him that they're nigh unstoppable.
Yes, they got exposed. Playoff basketball is different than regular season basketball. Teams can focus in on your tendencies, learn all your pet sets, etc. The Knicks struggled to close out a completely done Celtics roster before being abused by the Pacers inside. If you were expecting a foul fest on Hibbert in that series, then I have to question how much playoff basketball you've watched. The whistles get put away in the post-season.

Look, I understand the appeal of this Knicks team. They had a very good season and won their first playoff series following a decade-plus of ineptitude. But that doesn't make this a title contending roster. Like I said before, this is the basketball equivalent of the Jagr Rangers. It's a fun team, but it lacks the ability to breakthrough into the truly elite.

Quote:
I wish the Knicks hoarded late 1st round draft picks instead of having players or building around players like Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, JR Smith and Amare Stoudemire so they can instead draft players who develop into, hmmmmmm, Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, JR Smith and Amare Stoudemire.

Ahhhhhhhhhh.
You think this roster is capable of winning a championship. We're clearly not speaking the same language. I'm going to try this one more time:

This is the NBA. There is something called a salary cap. Having all of your players be veteran mercenaries brought in from elsewhere fills up your salary cap and limits what you can do. The only way building your team this way works is if the veteran mercenary you bring in is named LeBron James.

If you draft quality young players, then you get a large amount of production from guys on rookie contracts. This pushes your team's ceiling higher while also giving you the maneuverability to improve the roster. For example, San Antonio drafts George Hill 26th overall in 2008. He's a nice young player. They cultivate him in their top notch program. He grows in value and eventually they're able to flip him to nab Kawhi Leonard. Now they have a young star on a rookie contract and he's actually extended their title window. Funny how that works.

So yeah, it would've been better if the Knicks had started from scratch and drafted players of equivalent or better talent than Anthony, Smith, Chandler, and Stoudemire. The lack of homegrown talent is why the Knicks and completely and totally capped out right now. It's also why all of their guys are constantly breaking down and need their minutes limited.

Quote:
Oh, OK. I get it. The rationale around here is you're only a title contender if to make the CF, and of course you can't declare that until, whoa surprise surprise, after the CF teams have been established.

Its ok. Its the offseason. These guys will disappear around opening week just like they did for the entire 7 months after that.

I guess all but four teams in the NBA are "flawed". Memphis is flawed. The Clippers are flawed. Brooklyn AKA Newark is flawed. Denver is flawed.

I mean, they were exposed in the playoffs.
You've thrown so many different franchises out there in so many different scenarios that it's hard to know how to respond. The key thing is that none of them are in the same scenario as the Knicks.

Clippers: Have Paul and Griffin in their primes and have now added a ton of depth. They're primed to make a title run.

Memphis: Has the reigning defensive player of the year in Marc Gasol. Has Mike Conley locked up to an extremely affordable contract. They have a fair amount of depth and appear to be building toward something good, but face a tough task in the Western Conference.

Nuggets: Have a lot of nice young talent, but no franchise players and they just lost Iguodala. They also just lost their coach and gm. Who knows what direction they'll head in?

Nets: Has assembled a team that would've been great five years ago. Garnett and Pierce both looked done by the end of last season. Maybe they bounce back with carefully monitored minutes and the Brooklyn thrives, but it's far from a sure thing. They also don't have a ton of bench depth aside from Blatche at the moment.

Knicks: Has a lot of aging and injury prone players. The offense can be an unstoppable barrage of three pointers when Anthony and Smith are hot, but it can also break down into completely brain dead iso ball when they're not. They don't have a strong point guard to run the offense, and they don't have a point forward type either. Counting on Stoudemire to stay on the court is nuts. Counting on Bargnani to produce is nuts. Counting on Chandler to be able to cover for their collective defensive deficiencies is nuts. Shumpert is the only productive young player on the roster at least until Hardaway proves himself.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 11:19 PM
mrmovies779

Quote:
That's first paragraph alone proves you're either not a Knicks fan or simply a really young one.

If you're going to try to win an argument, at least get your facts straight.

The Knicks were 4th in the league in team payroll, and when you consider two of the teams ahead of them (Lakers, Nets) finished lower in both the regular season and playoffs, I'd say payroll isn't a good barometer, especially in the NBA.

Second, you fail to acknowledge that for the previous 12 seasons, the Knicks were one the reasons why the EC was weak to begin with. Good teams beat up on weaker opponents. I have yet to meet one Knicks fan who wasn't extremely pleased, excited, positive etc about what transpired last season. And yes, a No. 2 seed and winning just one series is most certainly successful when you consider the previous decade-plus of futility.

Funny thing about guys like you is that you only show up to say they weren't a title contender AFTER they lost. Where were you during the season, or late in the season, or after the Celtics series when most media felt the Knicks were most certainly contenders.

The whole "weak competition" excuse is easily the most glaring declaration someone can make to prove they know nothing about sports. Especially when the Knicks went 5-1 againt the Heat and Spurs this season.

first thing first,learn how to read.I never said they had the top payroll,i said : They beat up on a weak conference and got bounced out in the 2nd round with a payroll that was in the top of the league.Meaning the top part of the league payroll wise..Evidently you couldn't understand that,so next time ill break it down for you like I was speaking/typing to a 6 year old.

Second,after over a decade of misery,if you consider a 2nd seed and a 2nd round exit a success,you really don't have high standards.This team was put together for a title run now,not 3 years from now and they failed horribly.

3rd what does it matter where I was during the regular season?Because I didn't talk it up during the reg season in here,makes my opinions worth less???Grasping for straws there.

Regular seasons aren't where great teams make their mark,the playoffs are.If you need more proof of that,go check out all the Hawk teams Woodson coached and see just how far those great regular season teams got in the playoffs.

I've forgotten more about basketball then you will probably ever know.Next time you want to take shots at members or discredit someone elses knowledge of the game,be careful when you do.

Lesson over,consider yourself dismissed

Last edited by mrmovies779: 07-07-2013 at 11:24 PM.
mrmovies779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 01:15 AM
darko

Quote:
They have the best scorer in the league, the best 6th man in the league, and two of the best defenders in the league -- all 30 or younger. Those four give the Knicks flexibility to plug and play with whatever role and bench players they want. Add felton, who is certainly a capable PG who understands his role, and you have a very solid, well-built roster.

The current Knicks roster? Yep. One of the best in the EC. I'll take it.

Knicks have Durant?

JR will score a lot but he'll also jack up tons of shots. Some pretty ill-advised shots too.

Knicks are good. But they are not a top-2 team in East. That's Heat and Pacers. You know the same Pacers that beat Knicks in 6 games.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 02:19 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Knicks have Durant?

JR will score a lot but he'll also jack up tons of shots. Some pretty ill-advised shots too.

Knicks are good. But they are not a top-2 team in East. That's Heat and Pacers. You know the same Pacers that beat Knicks in 6 games.
Ahem. The top 2 in the east are the Heat and the NETS after the trade for Garnett, Pierce & Terry is completed.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 04:51 AM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Yes, they got exposed. Playoff basketball is different than regular season basketball. Teams can focus in on your tendencies, learn all your pet sets, etc. The Knicks struggled to close out a completely done Celtics roster before being abused by the Pacers inside. If you were expecting a foul fest on Hibbert in that series, then I have to question how much playoff basketball you've watched. The whistles get put away in the post-season.

Look, I understand the appeal of this Knicks team. They had a very good season and won their first playoff series following a decade-plus of ineptitude. But that doesn't make this a title contending roster. Like I said before, this is the basketball equivalent of the Jagr Rangers. It's a fun team, but it lacks the ability to breakthrough into the truly elite.

I won't even get into the "struggled to close out" the Celtics BS. They beat them, and in three of the games they blew them out.

As for Indiana, you can't overlook the fact that Anthony played all 12 playoff games with a torn labrum, and Chandler had a neck, back and wrist injury after a week of the flu heading into the postseason. When healthy, the Knicks had no probelm dealing with Indiana and Hibbert.

I don't want to discredit Indiana. They were the better team and deserved to win. But the idea that the Pacers were an elite team and the Knicks were not before the series started is garbage.

Quote:
You think this roster is capable of winning a championship. We're clearly not speaking the same language. I'm going to try this one more time:

This is the NBA. There is something called a salary cap. Having all of your players be veteran mercenaries brought in from elsewhere fills up your salary cap and limits what you can do. The only way building your team this way works is if the veteran mercenary you bring in is named LeBron James.

If you draft quality young players, then you get a large amount of production from guys on rookie contracts. This pushes your team's ceiling higher while also giving you the maneuverability to improve the roster. For example, San Antonio drafts George Hill 26th overall in 2008. He's a nice young player. They cultivate him in their top notch program. He grows in value and eventually they're able to flip him to nab Kawhi Leonard. Now they have a young star on a rookie contract and he's actually extended their title window. Funny how that works.
What draft picks were available for the Knicks to build around? Thomas traded them all, and amassed a cap ceiling where the only way for Walsh to fix the franchise was to lump picks in with bad contracts in his attempts to trade them.

And when the Knicks tried to build on draft picks, it didnt work. The fans wanted a competitive team, and Walsh helped build them one.

Here's a history lesson for you: 1994 -- how were those Knicks built? They lucked out with Ewing -- Oakely, Mason, Starks, Smith, Harper -- all acquired via trade or free agency. The only other draftees -- Davis and Anthony -- were role players.

How about the 1999 team? Sprewell, Houston, Childs, LJ, Camby -- all acquired via free agency or trade.

Quote:
So yeah, it would've been better if the Knicks had started from scratch and drafted players of equivalent or better talent than Anthony, Smith, Chandler, and Stoudemire. The lack of homegrown talent is why the Knicks and completely and totally capped out right now. It's also why all of their guys are constantly breaking down and need their minutes limited.
No, it wouldnt have been better, because they tried that method already. From 2005 to 2010, they did not improve a lick in the standings and were nowhere near a playoff team. They had Lee (draft pick), Robinson (draft pick), Channing Frye (draft pick), Balkman (drfat pick), Collins (draft pick) -- even at their all-star best as Knicks, it did nothing for them in the standings. You're talking about 5-7 years with plenty of picks, no cap space, no results.

Crawford had the best numbers of his career as a Knick -- did nothing in the standings.

Quote:
You've thrown so many different franchises out there in so many different scenarios that it's hard to know how to respond. The key thing is that none of them are in the same scenario as the Knicks.

Clippers: Have Paul and Griffin in their primes and have now added a ton of depth. They're primed to make a title run.

Memphis: Has the reigning defensive player of the year in Marc Gasol. Has Mike Conley locked up to an extremely affordable contract. They have a fair amount of depth and appear to be building toward something good, but face a tough task in the Western Conference.

Nuggets: Have a lot of nice young talent, but no franchise players and they just lost Iguodala. They also just lost their coach and gm. Who knows what direction they'll head in?

Nets: Has assembled a team that would've been great five years ago. Garnett and Pierce both looked done by the end of last season. Maybe they bounce back with carefully monitored minutes and the Brooklyn thrives, but it's far from a sure thing. They also don't have a ton of bench depth aside from Blatche at the moment.

Knicks: Has a lot of aging and injury prone players. The offense can be an unstoppable barrage of three pointers when Anthony and Smith are hot, but it can also break down into completely brain dead iso ball when they're not. They don't have a strong point guard to run the offense, and they don't have a point forward type either. Counting on Stoudemire to stay on the court is nuts. Counting on Bargnani to produce is nuts. Counting on Chandler to be able to cover for their collective defensive deficiencies is nuts. Shumpert is the only productive young player on the roster at least until Hardaway proves himself.
Who's aging? Besides Prigioni, who was highly productive last season and basically relegated Kidd to the bench.

Smith is 27
Chandler is 30
Melo is 29
Bargnani is 27
Shumpert is 23
Felton is 29
Hardaway is 21
Stat is 30

That's 8 players -- the main rotation -- all 30 or younger. And you want to alk about defense?

Defense?

The Knicks led all teams in the postseason in PPG allowed, 3rd in turnovers forced, 4the in FG% allowed.

In the regular season, they were 7th in the league in PPG allowed, 10th in turnovers forced, 2nd in FG's attempted per game. They were 18th in FG% allowed, but they were 6th in the league in point differential.

They're not the Bulls, but they're certainaly not a porous.

Like I said before, every team has weaknesses. The fact that the Knicks play in a weak conference and they have age on their side means they can still compete and challenge for a title.

To me, if you are a 50-plus win team, top-3 seed with home court regardless of conference, you are a title contender.

Old
07-08-2013, 05:04 AM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Knicks have Durant?

Durant didnt lead the NBA in PPG. Melo did. He won the scoring title. I'd like to think the guy who wins a scoring title is considered the best scorer in the league.

And who cares how Smith gets his points. He gets them, and he makes the Knicks a better team. He's also an above-average defender as well, and won 6th man. Starks was the world heavyweight champion of ill-advised shots. That never detracted from his worth to the team, and how important he was to their success.

And the Knicks finished 2nd in the East last year. If a top seed loses in the first round, they were still a top seed.

Old
07-08-2013, 05:29 AM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Quote:
first thing first,learn how to read.I never said they had the top payroll,i said : They beat up on a weak conference and got bounced out in the 2nd round with a payroll that was in the top of the league.Meaning the top part of the league payroll wise..Evidently you couldn't understand that,so next time ill break it down for you like I was speaking/typing to a 6 year old.

Second,after over a decade of misery,if you consider a 2nd seed and a 2nd round exit a success,you really don't have high standards.This team was put together for a title run now,not 3 years from now and they failed horribly.

3rd what does it matter where I was during the regular season?Because I didn't talk it up during the reg season in here,makes my opinions worth less???Grasping for straws there.

Regular seasons aren't where great teams make their mark,the playoffs are.If you need more proof of that,go check out all the Hawk teams Woodson coached and see just how far those great regular season teams got in the playoffs.

I've forgotten more about basketball then you will probably ever know.Next time you want to take shots at members or discredit someone elses knowledge of the game,be careful when you do.

Lesson over,consider yourself dismissed
LOL you wrote 3rd and then edited your post. Nice one.

And why is it a bad thing to beat up on weak competition? Besdies, i guess you forgot to mention the Knicks beat Miami three times, swept san Antonio, beat memphis, Denver, @ OKC and blew out the Pacers twice.

So much for your lame competition excuse.

And let me get this straight: you're saying that "after a decade of misery" fans should expect a title?

Ever since they acquired Anthony, they have improved every year. It's called patience -- something immature and insecure fans have none of.

2010: 29-53 -- no playoffs
2011: 42-40 -- swept in 1st round
2012: 36-30 -- lost in 5 in 1st round
2013: 54-28 -- lost in 6 in 2nd round

Obviously, the guys in their front office know what they're doing. And the best part, they could really give a crap about whiny, malcontent fans like you, because they know the smart portion of the fan base appreciates what they did to ressurect the franchise, and know that the simple fact that debating over whether they can contend for a title shows how big an improvement they made.

Yeah, it does matter where you were during the season. There was no hockey going on, and the majority of the traffic on this board aside from lockout talk were all Knicks and Nets fans excited about their teams. Kinda surprising a self-proclaimed expert like yourself didn't contribute to the discussion.

The guys who said the Knicks would suck last offseason? Oh, they were long gone, because they had nothing to really say.

And I think you're confusing forgetting basketball with understanding basketball. But if you want to admit you're forgetful, no need to. I picked that up from your first post.

Old
07-08-2013, 07:20 AM
mrmovies779

You're making me dizzy with all your spinning Alan Hahn.What good is beating any top teams during the regular season if you are going to choke in the playoffs?
Yeah,we blew Indiana out twice during the regular season,look how far that got us come playoff time.The same Pacers team wiped us out when the games really mattered.

I never said fans should expect a title.Again,reading,you arent very good at it.You are good at putting words into peoples mouth to try and strengthen your weak arguments though.You seriously think they signed Kidd and the rest of the golden oldies to not compete for a title?You're delusional.Their main goal is not for the future with all those moves,it was for the now.This teams future doesnt look that promising right now.

Melo:I love when people bring him up like hes a savior.Heres a guy who couldnt bring ANY of his Denver teams past the 1st round until Billups got there.A real superstar,that Carmelo Anthony.His playoff record shows that.People want to live in a fairytale world,like you,believing hes good enough to lead us anywhere except for more disappointing playoff losses.Meanwhile,our ownership continues to throw away draft picks and salary on overpaid overrated bums that dont push us over the top.Or bring them anywhere close to it.

But thats ok,because Melo is the new Willis Reed and played with a torn labrum and brought us a....Embarassing 2nd round defeat.

So yeah,Im super excited for this team going foward.We have a great nucleus of youth going foward.oh wait,no we dont.Well,at least we have our picks the next few years.Well hell,no we dont.But thats ok,we have Melo and hes going to get us that title!!!

Been nice debating you with Alan Hahn,but you came up a bit short in this 1.Dont forget to pick your check up from the MSG office on the way out fanboy.

Old
07-08-2013, 07:36 AM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Speaking of drafts, its not all doom and gloom for the Knicks, which is what I've been trying to say for a while.

The 2014 2nd rounder they dealt to Toronto was OKC's in the Brewer deal. OKC's 2nd rounder -- that's going to be between 57-60. The 1st rounder was a Denver swap in 2016, but here's the kicker -- by trading Novak, they freed up almost 4 million in cap space in 2015 because Bargnai's expires then.

The Knicks will rid themselves of every contract in 2015 -- meaning the chances of that pick being worth anything (20-30) is debatable. You have to ask -- is a low-20s first rounder worth 4 million in cap space?

In the NBA, yes it is.

They still have their 1st rounder in 2015, which will be another low pick. But there wont be the need to trade it since they have Stat, Bargnani and Chandler off the books. If they want to trade it, it will probably we used to find a taker for Amare, which I wont complain about if there is a max FA available in 2014.

The Bargnani move was a salary dump for 2015. I think it's safe to say the Knicks will still be competitve and a playoff team in each of the next two seasons. If that window closes without a title/title run, they can reload with almost 60-70 million in cap space.

Old
07-08-2013, 07:39 AM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Quote:
You're making me dizzy with all your spinning Alan Hahn.What good is beating any top teams during the regular season if you are going to choke in the playoffs?
Yeah,we blew Indiana out twice during the regular season,look how far that got us come playoff time.The same Pacers team wiped us out when the games really mattered.

I never said fans should expect a title.Again,reading,you arent very good at it.You are good at putting words into peoples mouth to try and strengthen your weak arguments though.You seriously think they signed Kidd and the rest of the golden oldies to not compete for a title?You're delusional.Their main goal is not for the future with all those moves,it was for the now.This teams future doesnt look that promising right now.

Melo:I love when people bring him up like hes a savior.Heres a guy who couldnt bring ANY of his Denver teams past the 1st round until Billups got there.A real superstar,that Carmelo Anthony.His playoff record shows that.People want to live in a fairytale world,like you,believing hes good enough to lead us anywhere except for more disappointing playoff losses.Meanwhile,our ownership continues to throw away draft picks and salary on overpaid overrated bums that dont push us over the top.Or bring them anywhere close to it.

But thats ok,because Melo is the new Willis Reed and played with a torn labrum and brought us a....Embarassing 2nd round defeat.

So yeah,Im super excited for this team going foward.We have a great nucleus of youth going foward.oh wait,no we dont.Well,at least we have our picks the next few years.Well hell,no we dont.But thats ok,we have Melo and hes going to get us that title!!!

Been nice debating you with Alan Hahn,but you came up a bit short in this 1.Dont forget to pick your check up from the MSG office on the way out fanboy.

What was embarassing about losing to the Pacers? In 6 games no less?

Are you even a Knicks fan?

Old
07-08-2013, 08:29 AM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

The Knicks are just such an unlikable team. I really wouldn't consider anyone on that team a fan favorite, except for probably Iman Shumpert and maybe Pablo Prigioni. Big surprise too that Iman was drafted by the Knicks.

Since 2010 the Knicks have let all of these players go: Landry Fields, Jeremy Lin, David Lee, Wilson Chandler, Danillo Gallinari and Steve Novak.

It just becomes so hard to root for them when they trade all of their likable players or allow them to sign offer sheets before signing them for themselves.

I'm honestly prouder to call myself a Mets fan than a Knicks fan.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:32 AM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

Also JR, Melo and STAT together just can't work. Only one ball to go around and too much selfishness between the 3.

And if you think JR is a 6th man than you are just an absolute moron. Guy averaged more minutes per game than Tyson Chandler. The 6th Man Award is the stupidest award in all of sports. I hope LeBron comes in off the bench in the first minute of every game next year just to prove how stupid that award is.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 10:43 AM
mrmovies779

What doesnt work is your 3 top scorers play the same position,pf.None of them play defense,they do 1 thing and 1 thing only,score.How can they all be on the court together and expect to contribute?Theres only 1 basketball.If all 3 arent scoring,they are useless.Next you have a pg,Felton,who isnt your pass 1st pg.He looks for his own shots and is a mediocre at best defensive player.So basically Chandler and Shumpert will be asked to defend not only their own men,but clean up their messes also.

Thats not a recipe for success,especially come playoff time.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:05 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
What doesnt work is your 3 top scorers play the same position,pf.None of them play defense,they do 1 thing and 1 thing only,score.How can they all be on the court together and expect to contribute?Theres only 1 basketball.If all 3 arent scoring,they are useless.Next you have a pg,Felton,who isnt your pass 1st pg.He looks for his own shots and is a mediocre at best defensive player.So basically Chandler and Shumpert will be asked to defend not only their own men,but clean up their messes also.

Thats not a recipe for success,especially come playoff time.
Tyson, Shump and JR are all very good defensive players. They're supposed to help Melo's defensive drawbacks because Melo is scoring 29 points per game. That's how it works.

"That's not a recipe for success" except we went to six games with the team that took Miami to 7 games, in a series that was one of the worst officiated of the playoffs. Don't give me this garbage about the playoffs "being different" when borderline calls are still consistently getting called all throughout the game, except on Roy Hibbert.

Some of you are absolutely ridiculous. "They let a bunch of likable players go" and then you proceed to list a bunch of mediocre players. Carmelo and Tyson are significantly better than Lee, Gallo, Will, Lin, etc. You know what makes this team likable? They can win basketball games.

If Amar'e had knees we'd absolutely be a title contender. Instead of ******** on the guy (who happens to be a very likable individual, which makes all the stigma around this "hard to root for" Knicks team even more obnoxious) more of you should mourn his loss.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:25 AM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

The Pacers were the No. 2 seed late in the season until the Knicks went on that tear and distanced themselves. There is zero shame in losing to them. It was a hard fought series where both teams played excellent defense.

The two teams are very evenly matched. The officiating the last 4 mins of Game 6 was abysmal. I can understand the 1st three quarters where the Knicks were only taking jumpers while Indiana went inside more, but those three fouls back to back to back is what turned a tie game late in the 4th into a joke.

So people are basically saying the difference between the Knicks being contenders and being "choke artists" is the final four minutes of Game 6.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:41 AM
mrmovies779

I love reading the ref excuses.Both teams got away with alot.When you start blaming the refs for costing you games,maybe you just werent good enough to win in the first place.

Old
07-08-2013, 12:12 PM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Quote:
I love reading the ref excuses.Both teams got away with alot.When you start blaming the refs for costing you games,maybe you just werent good enough to win in the first place.
Well, at least you admit not being a Knicks fan.

Old
07-08-2013, 12:47 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Or anybody who watches sports knows a game between two evenly matched teams can be decided by bad calls. Some of the criminals who reffed LA-SAC in 02 are still calling games.

Old
07-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
i love reading the ref excuses.both teams got away with alot.when you start blaming the refs for costing you games,maybe you just werent good enough to win in the first place.
as a fan who is not happy with the knicks recent moves, that was the worst display of refereeing i've seen involving knicks games.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 12:55 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Also I can't even begin to fathom people who think the Nets will be better than the Knicks this upcoming season.