HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendress vs. Chara tonight

Old
10-26-2006, 01:58 PM
AH

vCash: 500
Blundon had 4 years of CHL completed. The rule is that you either need to be 20 or with 4 years completed, regardless of age.

Mathieu Carle will be in the same situation next season, 19 years old and 4 years completed. He can either return to the Q or graduate.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 02:01 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
you're right. Not sure about that.

But you can ask many people on here, for junior aged players you have to be 20 years old to play in the AHL.

Latendresse can not play in the AHL this year. He is only 19.
many people have been wrong before , if he's signed to a pro contract then the team can send him where ever they want . makes no sense to say he is too young to play in the AHL but old enough to play in the NHL , IMO.[EDIT] hmmm , in light of the above post please disregard this one .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
if he's signed to a pro contract then the team can send him where ever they want
Nope.

Quote:
makes no sense to say he is too young to play in the AHL but old enough to play in the NHL , IMO.
That rule is in place so that the junior teams can keep their best players longer.

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AH

Quote:
many people have been wrong before , if he's signed to a pro contract then the team can send him where ever they want . makes no sense to say he is too young to play in the AHL but old enough to play in the NHL , IMO.
Lats cannot be sent to Hamilton. Whether you agree with it or not is irrelavant. Those are the rules.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
!nkubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
While I hate Chara, please explain to me how the hell he's a coward.
I maybe wrong or biased but every game I saw him, he always look out of place never deliver solid hits and only takes simple and small wrist shot on the PP. I would take Komisarek anytime over him for solid hits... and this guy have 7millions per year ... what a waste of money , Boston still struggling even with him Bergeron, Savard and Kessel

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 02:13 PM
oop007*

Why do people on this board always think others know "nothing" about hockey just because of a difference of opinion? Half the time, chances are when somebodies opinion isn't the same as yours... they could be right. Like for Latandresse, we don't know who will be better, Lat or Kost, but fact is I had numerous people practically call me a moron for saying I wanted Kost > Lat. Fact is, haven't seen ****all from Lat, never gave Kost a chance. So why say to people "You know nothing about hockey" blah blah blah.

I'm sure a lot of the things anybody has said on here have been right and wrong. Nobody here has been right about everything so therefore knows more or less about hockey then anybody else here. You can't "prove" you know more. There is no "test". Does it make you feel cool to say you know more about a sport then someone else?

**** off, the guy has an opinion, if you don't agree then disagree with him and tell him why, share your opinion, don't have to be a *********.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
Why do people on this board always think others know "nothing" about hockey just because of a difference of opinion? Half the time, chances are when somebodies opinion isn't the same as yours... they could be right. Like for Latandresse, we don't know who will be better, Lat or Kost, but fact is I had numerous people practically call me a moron for saying I wanted Kost > Lat. Fact is, haven't seen ****all from Lat, never gave Kost a chance. So why say to people "You know nothing about hockey" blah blah blah.

I'm sure a lot of the things anybody has said on here have been right and wrong. Nobody here has been right about everything so therefore knows more or less about hockey then anybody else here. You can't "prove" you know more. There is no "test". Does it make you feel cool to say you know more about a sport then someone else?

**** off, the guy has an opinion, if you don't agree then disagree with him and tell him why, share your opinion, don't have to be a *********.

Well, if anyone is preaching that one is superior to the other, they're either psychic or full of crap.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 02:24 PM
phil666

No contest here, Lats is a future hall of famer at this rate.

phil666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
Do you mean Lats eats cheerio's for breakfast?
No he really meant Charas

Personally though, I prefer the taste of Apple Cinemon Charas.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 02:27 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Chara will PWN Tender so bad.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 02:42 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post

I think the way you deliver your opinion is a big detractor to what you are saying.
Personally, correct me if I'm wrong, you usually post the same thing over and over without providing new arguments so people take your posts less seriously. Repeating over and over that you don't like Lats and that Kost should be playing instead gets tiring and people will get annoyed.

Also the way you structure your posts and the words you use make you sound uneducated and childish. If you post like a 12 year old, you'll get responded to like a 12 year old.

Also, to repsond to your post, there is no way of proving anything. No one can prove that Dagenais wouldn't be leading the league in scoring right now if he was in the NHL, but from what we know of hockey and from what we've seen from Dagenais, we know he wouldn't be.

Anyways, that is a little besides the point. I agree with you that Kosts would probably be doing better than Lats on the Habs, but, unlike you, I can understand why Lats is there. He is expected to be one of our best prospects and being in juniors would most likely hinder his development.
I'm almost certain that if Lats had the luxury of being able to be brought down to the AHL, he would be there and Kost would be on the Habs.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 02:48 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Chara is tall yea so what, other teams played him and didn't have any problems, we played him 8 times last year and didn't have any problems, I'm not scared of him.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 02:53 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by !nkubus View Post
I maybe wrong or biased but every game I saw him, he always look out of place never deliver solid hits and only takes simple and small wrist shot on the PP. I would take Komisarek anytime over him for solid hits... and this guy have 7millions per year ... what a waste of money , Boston still struggling even with him Bergeron, Savard and Kessel
You obviously haven't seen him play enough. I've seen him play on a regular basis (have half season tickets to the Sens games) and that guy is tough. He may not necessarly dish out mind blowing hits but he has a good shot, is solid as hell, and does not back down from anyone. In a fight, he could take anyone in the league.

Apparently he actually trains with a relative (uncle, cousin, or fatehr i think) who is (or was) an ultimate fighter (or boxer).
I've heard this a few times but don't quite remember the specifics...haha

Edit: I don't think Chara is anything to really be afraid of, but I wouldn't say he's a lazy coward.

Last edited by fufonzo: 10-26-2006 at 02:59 PM.
fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
i predict latenderesse will be sent to hamilton before the end of the month .
poor guy

i think you have to play 4 or 5 years for a CHL prospect to be eligible to play in the AHL before your 20, or something like that. Still, you gave me a good laugh

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 03:35 PM
oop007*

I predict Latandresse will be the next Komisarek LOLOLOL (HAHAH)

Old
10-26-2006, 03:37 PM
bayrider

Koivu, Ryder and Higgins will be blasting past Chara like the Sabres did in the playoffs with ease.

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 03:44 PM
oop007*

LOL! Bonk will "blast" past chara, not easily... but he will

Old
10-26-2006, 05:27 PM
larue*

No other place to try this than on the road. The second line desperatly needs a presence and Lats will supply that.......On the other hand I feel for Sammy....I'm just hoping that him playing on the fourth line will open some ice for him and he can score a highlight reel goal or two.

Go Lats,,,Sammy,,,and the rest of the boys......Go Habs Go.

larue* is offline   Reply With Quote