HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Sens Smacking Leafs!!

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2004, 05:51 AM
Other Dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
The team on the ice tonight was a $26mil team. Hardly higher.
Maybe the Leafs should have spent their money on more durable and disciplined players.

Other Dave

Old
01-09-2004, 06:12 AM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Dave
Maybe the Leafs should have spent their money on more durable and disciplined players.

Other Dave
Or some caffeine pills. :p

Old
01-09-2004, 06:20 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
The team on the ice tonight was a $26mil team. Hardly higher.

Anyway, it's no excuse for the effort. I expected Roberts to carry the team tonight, guess it was just one of those games. God, I hope (and trust) they play better on Saturday, I didn't shell out money for box seats to that game to watch another effort like tonight.

As for Alfie, pfft, who cares? There won't be any retribution, Sundin will make sure of that and can probably see the (small) attempt at humour by Krusty. Alfie after the game even apologized and said that maybe he shouldn't have done it. He said that Sundin's a classy guy and went on to say how he didn't agree with Mats' suspension. Hell, I wouldn't doubt that knowing the score was so out of reach that he told the trainer to saw the stick (it was a very clean break and timed very well) just so he could get a little poke in to his Swedish counterpart. No big deal.
I stand corrected on the payroll point, and I agree with the rest of your post as well. It was a big win for the Sens to get back in the division race, but it was just 2 points and there is a long way to go, with the Sens mostly on the road, and the Leafs mostly at home.

Should make the regular season all the more interesting given the playoff challenge of finishing 2nd in the division. Not to mention the games between the two teams the rest of the way.

Old
01-09-2004, 06:46 AM
dats-13

that fake stick toss by Alfreddson was hilarious....

I guarantee that if Alfreddson had been ejected the night before and Sundin did the fake stick toss Leafs fans would be all over this board talking about how funny it was.....

Old
01-09-2004, 06:52 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats-13
that fake stick toss by Alfreddson was hilarious....

I guarantee that if Alfreddson had been ejected the night before and Sundin did the fake stick toss Leafs fans would be all over this board talking about how funny it was.....
Egh, I missed it. Anybody see a reply on ESPN?

Old
01-09-2004, 06:55 AM
dats-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Egh, I missed it. Anybody see a reply on ESPN?
thats where i saw it....I was watching it on Center Ice but blow-outs like that with teams I don't really care about bore me...

It was during Sportscenter (about 11-12 minutes in to it)

Old
01-09-2004, 07:37 AM
King of Kelvington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan
Here is my "troll" opinion

I think the Sens made a statement to the center of the universe. Sure the Leafs were without 4 major components, which if you Leafs fans remember I disagreed about the Sundin suspension.

Yes the Leafs were hurting, but I remember this same Leafs team smacking the Canucks 5-3 at GM place, so the effort they put forth, especially with the talent they still have on the Ice, was less than steller. I watched the game and the Sens were so ready for this game while the Leafs just did circles on the ice.

If you were the Senators, and all you heard was how grand and glorious the Leafs are... how they are going to win the cup... how Mats Sundin is the "runaway" Hart trophy winner...

I can see why the Sens and their captain did what they did throughout the game. This was a wakeup call to the Leafs. You better bring your best because you will get smacked if you don't.

And the reason I laughed was the same reason Alfredsson mocked throwing his stick. It is fun to make fun of the Leafs and their fans.

But you are very loyal and I do respect that... but the Leafs sure got it handed to them last night.
Trolly troll troll troll...this is my fav quote:
"If you were the Senators, and all you heard was how grand and glorious the Leafs are... how they are going to win the cup... how Mats Sundin is the "runaway" Hart trophy winner..." lmao go fish.

Old
01-09-2004, 07:42 AM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCJr
Trolly troll troll troll...this is my fav quote:
"If you were the Senators, and all you heard was how grand and glorious the Leafs are... how they are going to win the cup... how Mats Sundin is the "runaway" Hart trophy winner..." lmao go fish.
Dude... I listen to the fan590.. It is the Leafs and then maybe a few other teams in the NHL on that station and it is ridiculous!!

Ron Mclean, Glen Healey, Dave Hodge all said Sundin was the runaway Hart winner.

And I have seen tons of fans here in Kamloops who are saying this is the Leafs season to win it all.

So magnify this in the eyes of the Senators, who are starting to really turn it on...

yeah I am such a troll

Old
01-09-2004, 07:47 AM
BlueAndWhite

Quote:
It is fun to make fun of the Leafs and their fans.
It's quite pathetic that certain fans take more joy in having other teams play poorly than have their own team do well.

Hurrah for the Senators. They disposed of the filth of the earth. Hurrah!

Old
01-09-2004, 08:03 AM
Thalia

LOVE this great CaNaDiaN rivalry! When's the rematch?

Old
01-09-2004, 08:16 AM
leafaholix*

Old
01-09-2004, 08:19 AM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e)
Funny, your "St. John Maple Leafs" still have a higher payroll than our Ottawa Senators. Nice to see Antropov, McCabe, Roberts, Tucker, Domi, Marchment, Klee et al playing the AHL.

What do you want the Sens to do - Take it easy on their division rival in a very important game? Hell, the Sens played their back-up goalie, and still have four regulars out with injuries themselves.
You don't need to be so defensive all the time, you know..

Your regulars are role players.

Anyway, I don't expect the Sens to do anything like take it easy on the Leafs. But to brag about the win is just kind of funny.

Old
01-09-2004, 08:27 AM
syc

Quote:

I am such a troll

Old
01-09-2004, 08:49 AM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by syc
Nice way to twist my words...

Yeah I am such a troll

Old
01-09-2004, 10:04 AM
dats-13

now that's just sad.....

Old
01-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Epoch

Quote:
Nice way to twist my words...

Yeah I am such a troll
Don't deny it dude. You went to the Leaf board trying to piss people off. Anyone who read that post,Leaf fan or not, would agree thats the work of a troll!

Old
01-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR-TOWN
Don't deny it dude. You went to the Leaf board trying to piss people off. Anyone who read that post,Leaf fan or not, would agree thats the work of a troll!
I went their not to irk Leaf fans, but to say wow!! Amazing what one game can do to a 16 game point streak.

Leaf fans were all over the place... but no where last night. Except crying about Alfredsson.

Anyways you can call me a troll all you want... but how often do I go to the Leafs board?

I rest my case.

Old
01-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Epoch

Quote:
I went their not to irk Leaf fans, but to say wow!! Amazing what one game can do to a 16 game point streak.
Call it whatever you want. It's the same thing. (Read your post again. You didn't exactly say 'wow', nor were you shocked by the score.
Quote:
Leaf fans were all over the place... but no where last night. Except crying about Alfredsson.
Here's an example.

Quote:
Anyways you can call me a troll all you want... but how often do I go to the Leafs board?

I rest my case.
Does it matter how many times you visit a teams board before you're considered a troll?!?

Old
01-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR-TOWN
Does it matter how many times you visit a teams board before you're considered a troll?!?
Yes it does. a troll never stops... I commented on one game... a game that was very big.

It sucks to lose... I know cause the Canucks haven't done much of that in their history... except the last 4 seasons that is!!

Old
01-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Sotnos

This has run its course, I think.

Closed Thread