HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Season Roster Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Ted Mosby

vCash: 500
MacArthur's contract with Ottawa is the exact same as it was in Toronto - 6.5 over 2.

Old
07-08-2013, 04:28 PM
phxroadrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
He's a player that's easy for fans to love and easy for the opposition to neutralize. I could see him coming in hot and doing well early while the West tries to figure him out. Once they do, though, he's toast. Not sure I'd give him a one-way, but I'd really consider giving him a very lucrative two-way, with a hefty AHL price-tag.

Something like 800/250, if he'd go for it?

OT - I'm home "sick" today (my two year old niece gave me conjunctivitis) and watching a special on Dany Heatley "Becoming Wild" (typical "behind the scenes" player special) that was filmed a year or so ago. In one scene he's playing golf with his dad and some other family members and they said that their trips to Phoenix are the best family vacations they've ever had. Certainly not something to put any stock into, but I'm thinking that NMC might not be a huge issue as he'd be guaranteed first line minutes with a pass first center in Ribeiro, to pad stats in a contract year, and take one long extended vacation in his favorite spot Phoenix for a fall, a winter, and a spring. The special did not feature a wife(no wedding band, either) or children(I'm assuming he's single), and it took place at his full-time home in Kelowna during the off-season.

If Minny is willing to eat some salary, and his shoulder is 100%, and we don't have to sacrifice much in the way of assets, I'd be happy to use him for one season while he uses us for one season.
I haven't seen the Heatley special, but I'm thinking that one of the reasons the family likes Phx is that his dad, Murray, won a WHL championship and led the league in goals while playing with the Roadrunners in the early 70s. Would be cool to have a father/son combo spend a portion of their careers in Phx, even if for just one productive season.

Old
07-08-2013, 04:29 PM
TucsonYotesFan

Quote:
If they'll eat half that salary maybe.
What is Hemsky's salary? I've always liked him as a player and he would be a younger option than Prospal. Does Edmonton have him on the trade block?

Old
07-08-2013, 04:31 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonYotesFan View Post
What is Hemsky's salary? I've always liked him as a player and he would be a younger option than Prospal. Does Edmonton have him on the trade block?
He's making 5.5 this season and is probably on the block. Don't know if they are open to eating salary or what they might want from us.

Old
07-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
He's making 5.5 this season and is probably on the block. Don't know if they are open to eating salary or what they might want from us.
Defensive prospects. The Oilers will forever and always be excellent trading partners with us

Old
07-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Ted Mosby

Not too many people on the main boards see us as a playoff team. Shocker, I know. Looks like we're flying under the radar again.

I think we're better than the Alberta teams. Right now I say LA takes the division. That leaves 4 teams in the middle -- SJ, ANA, VAN, PHX. I think we're at least at par with Anaheim (especially with the loss of Ryan). San Jose has some great talents in Couture and Pavelski, but that core is definitely on the down slope (Thornton, Marleau, Boyle). I'm interested to see how Vancouver does in a new division. No more beating up on Edmonton, Calgary, Minny, and Colorado. Even with that they weren't too hot the past few seasons.

Right now I see it as...

1. Los Angeles
2. San Jose
3. Anaheim
4. Phoenix (could very well switch to #3, either way this looks like a wild card spot)
5. Vancouver
6. Edmonton
7. Calgary

Old
07-08-2013, 04:35 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I'd love to offer Connor Murphy! Haha. Reunite him with Nail, right?

Old
07-08-2013, 04:39 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
Not too many people on the main boards see us as a playoff team. Shocker, I know. Looks like we're flying under the radar again.

I think we're better than the Alberta teams. Right now I say LA takes the division. That leaves 4 teams in the middle -- SJ, ANA, VAN, PHX. I think we're at least at par with Anaheim (especially with the loss of Ryan). San Jose has some great talents in Couture and Pavelski, but that core is definitely on the down slope (Thornton, Marleau, Boyle). I'm interested to see how Vancouver does in a new division. No more beating up on Edmonton, Calgary, Minny, and Colorado. Even with that they weren't too hot the past few seasons.

Right now I see it as...

1. Los Angeles
2. San Jose
3. Anaheim
4. Phoenix (could very well switch to #3, either way this is a wild card team)
5. Vancouver
6. Edmonton
7. Calgary
I might switch Anaheim and Vancouver. The Ducks won't get by on talent alone in an 82 game season like they did in the 48 game. Losing Ryan for futures will especially make sure of that. Heavily system based teams like Vancouver and Phoenix will be stronger with a legit training camp and a standard season.

Old
07-08-2013, 05:03 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Another ideal winger for the Czech line that should be had for fairly cheap (considering the Oilers haven't been able to trade him yet) - Ales Hemsky. And yes, he can play LW. Hemsky + Ribs would definitely upgrade our PP from league doormat, with even an outside chance of cracking the top half of the league.
I don't know where you're getting that from, but it certainly wouldn't have been from any of his almost 600 games as an Oiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Defensive prospects. The Oilers will forever and always be excellent trading partners with us

If there's one thing the Oilers have, it's defensive prospects and defenders on the verge of making the NHL. Actual NHL defensemen? Less so.

07-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post

Right now I see it as...

1. Los Angeles
2. San Jose
3. Anaheim
4. Phoenix (could very well switch to #3, either way this looks like a wild card spot)
5. Vancouver
6. Edmonton
7. Calgary
People don't see us as a playoff team based off of location and a the fact we weren't relocated. Move this team to QC and almost everyone would have us making the playoffs. Don't say that, though. You will get your post deleted and thread banned. Then the mod that did it will post right after having us only ahead of Calgary. Gotta love HF.

Old
07-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Rutkowski

I'd rather not have a murderer on my favorite team, Heatley can stay in St. Paul.

Old
07-08-2013, 05:55 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
I'd rather not have a murderer on my favorite team, Heatley can stay in St. Paul.
Didn't realize there was a third person in that car. I'm glad you got out okay.

Old
07-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Don't think Maloney is doing anything today.

Old
07-08-2013, 06:25 PM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

Quote:
Didn't realize there was a third person in that car. I'm glad you got out okay.

Old
07-08-2013, 06:55 PM
kingbrutis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
Ray Ray wins titles.

Old
07-08-2013, 10:22 PM
jdfitz12

What about Mason Raymond as a 3rd line depth guy for the coyotes. Give 2.5M for 2 years

Anyone ? Anyone ?

Old
07-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfitz12 View Post
What about Mason Raymond as a 3rd line depth guy for the coyotes. Give 2.5M for 2 years

Anyone ? Anyone ?
I've thought about him. But then I came to the conclusion that he's probably going to get a contract to high for what he brings.

Old
07-08-2013, 10:39 PM
ck26
7,709 miles & runnin

vCash: 133
I'm pretty uninterested in Alice Hemsky.

I have only been here emotionally for a few months, so the years of being broke haven't left me starving, walking into a buffet for the first time the way it has a lot of us, but Dallas has been in a similar financial boat. I am fascinated / intrigued / excited by the moneypuck game. I want to build around the core of OEL / Yandle / Hanzal / etc, but I'm really excited by the reclamation projects too. Would rather see three questionable goalies for $1m each than one rich Mike Smith, because it saves cash for elsewhere. Would love to see if we can squeeze the last juice out of Morrow and Scott Gomez.

Bringing this, mercifully, to my point, I think Heater could blow up, transform the PP and score 35 goals. Hemsky? I don't see nearly the ceiling. Good player, the whole Czech thing is cool, but assuming we get help paying either, Heatley is way more exciting.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Vip
****n good milkshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnifique View Post
People don't see us as a playoff team based off of location and a the fact we weren't relocated. Move this team to QC and almost everyone would have us making the playoffs. Don't say that, though. You will get your post deleted and thread banned. Then the mod that did it will post right after having us only ahead of Calgary. Gotta love HF.
So damn true. Every thing you said.

Life of a Coyotes fan on HF.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:14 PM
NMFlyer1998
hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan View Post
rt, I think somebody likes you...

Old
07-08-2013, 11:31 PM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMFlyer1998 View Post
rt, I think somebody likes you...
how can you *not* like a monkey in a suit like that?

seriously, what I was trying to convey there was that I laughed, and then was a little embarrassed that I laughed (because, jokes based on people dying in car crashes...well...ya know...)

Old
07-09-2013, 02:20 AM
BUX7PHX

I feel like the players that the front office is looking at right now are players that we are/should be familiar with.

Vern Fiddler goes against the "getting younger" thought, but he covers wing or center and PKs. It's not technically within division, but I feel as if though we could entertain that type of trade using Klesla for Fiddler and one of the Stars prospects on D. Just a thought of a player that I would like to return.

Can't see much else than a cheap roster signing on a two-way deal over the prospect development camp time. Once we hit Friday, we will get a feel for how the roster shakes out. Depending on development or non-development, we'll get a clearer picture of who we can afford to jettison if bigger deals are to come.

Night all...

Old
07-09-2013, 06:09 AM
kingbrutis

Capgeek has us @ 56,716. Didn't GMDM say the budget was $55?

Old
07-09-2013, 06:10 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbrutis View Post
Only $51.4 in actual cash.

Old
07-09-2013, 08:49 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbrutis View Post
Many of our contracts are back loaded and therefore have a higher cap hit than actual salary in the earlier years. If you click the "salary" button on the capgeek site it will allow you to view actual dollars rather than cap hit (which is simply and average of all contracted years).

Closed Thread