Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy - Part III

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2013, 03:55 PM
RussellmaniaKW

vCash: 500
Marchand right now is a significantly better player than Seguin IMO. He puts up similar offensive numbers while being more physical, better defensively, willing to fight (albeit poorly), and one of the top 3 trolls in the game. If I was Chia, it would take a better package than the Seguin deal for me to trade him. I honestly can't think of anyone in the league who has Marchand's combination of skills. How many potential 30 goal guys can also get under a team's skin the way Marchand does while also being one of the guys you can go to in important defensive situations? Oh and BTW, he's only making 4.5 million for the next 4 years.

I swear, most people on this board don't give him the credit he deserves. I'm especially bothered by the general tone that Seguin is somehow a superior player, which to me is just silly, especially considering their cap hits.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Killerbeez

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold4877 View Post
Have we signed Dominic Moore yet?
no but the rangers did. KPD wearing a black armband in protest.

Old
07-08-2013, 04:04 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
Marchand right now is a significantly better player than Seguin IMO. He puts up similar offensive numbers while being more physical, better defensively, willing to fight (albeit poorly), and one of the top 3 trolls in the game. If I was Chia, it would take a better package than the Seguin deal for me to trade him. I honestly can't think of anyone in the league who has Marchand's combination of skills. How many potential 30 goal guys can also get under a team's skin the way Marchand does while also being one of the guys you can go to in important defensive situations? Oh and BTW, he's only making 4.5 million for the next 4 years.

I swear, most people on this board don't give him the credit he deserves. I'm especially bothered by the general tone that Seguin is somehow a superior player, which to me is just silly, especially considering their cap hits.
Seguin has better measurables, but agree don't think the skill gap is that wide, if not in favour of Marchand. He is significantly older too, so maybe not a fair comp.

Old
07-08-2013, 04:10 PM
BruinsPortugal

I would trade Marchand...for a better younger player. Is that guy available? probably not, so why would we trade him?

Kelly on the other hand...

Old
07-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Bruins re-sign Carter Camper 1 year deal $550,000

Old
07-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Bruins re-sign Carter Camper 1 year deal $550,000
Another guy who can compete for that open spot.

Old
07-08-2013, 05:11 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
Eberle or Hall at % reduced, Marchand is cap friendly, we will give you a prospect and a pick, but Hall or Eberle come back no higher than 4mill against our cap.
A franchise player requires salary reduced? A top-10 scorer in the NHL (2nd in the entire west only under Patrick Kane) and the Oilers need to keep salary? For MARCHAND?

wow, that would be something else.

Old
07-08-2013, 07:43 PM
DarrenBanks56

why does everyone think marchand is untradeable??
the guy has been invisible in the playoffs for 2 staight years with no injuries.

i believe it, and would be seeing what i could get for him.

Old
07-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
I find him needlessly negative and incendiary at times, but I think KPD knows his stuff. He doesn't post rumors he posts what he senses, and I'd take his "sense" over anyone else in the press corps.

All that said, no way in hell I trade Marchand for anything less than a king's ransom. It's not that he's that great a player (damn good though), it's that he's capable of agitating like few in the game. That's a very valuable player to have, and unless the Bruins feel like that part of his game is gone (no idea why they'd think that) or there are off-ice issues, he's worth his weight in gold. I would honestly, no exaggeration, want close to a Seguin package for him.

Kelly on the other hand...
Well said. Marchand, to me, should be part of the core. A month or two back, I actually listed him (and not Seguin) as part of the four guys I considered core forwards on this team. Anybody can be traded, but I'd only be okay with them moving Marchand for a "Wow!" return.

That said, the Kelly rumors are getting me excited. At first I heard it was on, then I heard it was off, now KPD is suggesting it may be on again. I prefer on. Though I think they would have to have a plan in place to keep from icing an all-rookie third line.

07-08-2013, 08:23 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Well said. Marchand, to me, should be part of the core. A month or two back, I actually listed him (and not Seguin) as part of the four guys I considered core forwards on this team. Anybody can be traded, but I'd only be okay with them moving Marchand for a "Wow!" return.

That said, the Kelly rumors are getting me excited. At first I heard it was on, then I heard it was off, now KPD is suggesting it may be on again. I prefer on. Though I think they would have to have a plan in place to keep from icing an all-rookie third line.
Without Kelly you're icing a brand spanking new 3rd line which is both exciting and also scary.

The only player I see as a *lock* for that 3rd line is Soderberg. I know he'll be competing at training camp for a spot just like everyone else but I think he's a lock. I think Spooner is ready for the transition..

So are we ready for a Soderberg | Spooner | Fraser/Camper/Knight/Smith/rookieX/vetY?

Seems risky.

Old
07-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Kirk Luedeke Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29

This summer is beaucoup dinky dau... Here's to all those Bruins fans who wanted change. You got it...maybe more coming. #cryptictweet

Old
07-08-2013, 08:44 PM
PoweredByRICE
Hates your team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Kirk Luedeke Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29

This summer is beaucoup dinky dau... Here's to all those Bruins fans who wanted change. You got it...maybe more coming. #cryptictweet
Well either its bull**** or where there's smoke...

Old
07-08-2013, 08:46 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredByRICE View Post
Well either its bull**** or where there's smoke...
Kirk doesn't bull ****

Old
07-08-2013, 08:54 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
why does everyone think marchand is untradeable??
the guy has been invisible in the playoffs for 2 staight years with no injuries.

i believe it, and would be seeing what i could get for him.
No problem trading Marchand, All I need is a 2nd line winger who has great wheels, kills penalties, and make less than Brad does in return

No problem

Old
07-08-2013, 08:55 PM
DaStinger
My Precious!

Send a message via MSN to DaStinger
Please dont trade Marshmont...

Old
07-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Who are the Bruins' fans that wanted change? Our team was stacked. I see a lot of question marks this coming season. Whole dynamic of the team has/is changing. Chemistry and playing together for so long was one of their strengths.

Old
07-08-2013, 08:57 PM
PoweredByRICE
Hates your team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Kirk doesn't bull ****
Which is exactly why this with what Dom is saying makes me feel that something huge is going down..but I just can't believe it till it happens Idk why

Old
07-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredByRICE View Post
Which is exactly why this with what Dom is saying makes me feel that something huge is going down..but I just can't believe it till it happens Idk why
No offense to Kirk or Dom, but I wish they'd leave the dance of the veils stuff to Gypsy Rose Lee and just say what they mean.

Old
07-08-2013, 09:22 PM
CDJ*

If I was Kirk, I would withhold info just to watch this place explode.

Some people just wanna watch the world burn.

EDIT: And Kirk don't play that fake news ****. Him and Dom are the only people I look for on twitter.

Old
07-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post

I always agreed with your assessment of Marchand (I think I posted as such before you did, didn't I?).

Kelly rumors give me a mixed reaction, personally. I was one of the guys calling for an injection of youth into next season's lineup though and an all-rook third would be just such a thing.

It's the magnitude of the deal that frightens me right now. The warnings from respected sources that warn of something big coming down the pipe.

Old
07-08-2013, 10:09 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Marchand is a player who would just KILL you everytime you played against him, if you traded him. Trading him would be a big mistake. Big mistake. Last two playoffs, he was not good, but in 2011 he was EPIC. And, he will be again.

Too many changes can really disrupt a team. Our top 6 is money right now. I wouldn't get too cute if i were Chia, at this point.

No matter what, Soderberg would've scored there.
Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
Old
07-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Mione134

I'd rather we fire Geoff Ward and fix our pp before we keep trading players

But that's just me.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:49 PM
BruinsFanMike82

Chris Nichols ‏@Nichols_NHLPool

UFA Milan Hejduk does NOT want to retire. His agent tells @adater: "He wants to keep playing." #Avs have told him he is not in their plans.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Jeff L

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFanMike82 View Post
Chris Nichols ‏@Nichols_NHLPool

UFA Milan Hejduk does NOT want to retire. His agent tells @adater: "He wants to keep playing." #Avs have told him he is not in their plans.
Guy has no legs left and wants some cash, apparently. I've always been a fan of Duke, but I would rather let the rookies fight for a spot honestly.

Old
07-09-2013, 01:21 AM
BruinsFanMike82

Shawn Hutcheon ‏@ShawnHutcheon

@NESN is reporting @CanadiensMTL are no longer interested in Jaromir Jagr.

Closed Thread