HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kevin Lowe on 930 CJCA

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Slats432

vCash: 500
Kevin Lowe on 930 CJCA

-Conklin let in a tough goal(Martinek goal) but in his defense it was a rocket and he put the Oil in a position to win. Nice that he would take responsibility but we are happy with Ty and the way he played.

-Smyth just made an error in judgement and when you do that in the last 3 minutes of a hockey game and they score a goal, then you are responsible. Not unhappy at all with Smitty's play this year, said that the play at centre was necessary and since he has been back he is starting to play well.

-The tough part of losing in OT to New Jersey and to NYI is that the margin of error in the NHL is so little that you are constantly assessing your team and I am always on the phone to other General Managers to see what I can do to improve the team.

-The New York Post article is a tradition for the Oilers and not only were the players mentioned there, the entire team was there. I sure hope they were exaggerating about the cost because that is more money than a lot of people make in a year. It just goes to show that we are in a very exciting business and the margin of error on the ice and off the ice is very small. We don't condone late night activity. But it was blown out of proportion. It is even magnified when you lose the next game. But again it was blown out of proportion.

-Laraques is still hurting with his hand. Hurt it last game in Edmonton and was a bit sore in Minnesota. Then we reeled off a couple of quick wins and kept the same line up since George was a little beneath 100%.

Old
01-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Lowetide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
The tough part of losing in OT to New Jersey and to NYI is that the margin of error in the NHL is so little that you are constantly assessing your team and I am always on the phone to other General Managers to see what I can do to improve the team.
Thanks for this, slats. It must be a tough time for Lowe,because as much as he'd like to improve the team for this season, there are so many teams vying for that 8th spot he could make a big deal and still miss the playoffs.

Closed Thread