HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post Your 2013-14 Lineup

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-08-2013, 12:25 AM
  #151
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,706
vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
Um, Voracek had the most goals and second most points on the PP, but yeah, let's demote him.
Voracek's primary skill set is passing, something the 2nd unit could use, and the first unit already has in Giroux and Timonen. Put Jake on the 2nd unit and let both units make it rain.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 12:46 AM
  #152
crt
Registered User
 
crt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Voracek's primary skill set is passing, something the 2nd unit could use, and the first unit already has in Giroux and Timonen. Put Jake on the 2nd unit and let both units make it rain.
That could be a good way to disrupt the chemistry.

The point is, why fix something that isn't broken. PP was the least of this team's worries. If the PP isn't working out next season, fine, switch things around. Until then, let it be.

crt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 05:58 AM
  #153
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 14,682
vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
there also

There also risk with gagne. He has declined every year for a few seasons now. Theres risk he becomes a liability and also the health risk
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Kind of like what BBS said, I don't know if Gagne will be average. He has been declining the past few seasons and nothing shows that its stopping. Personally between all the offensive prospects we have, I don't know if there will be that much of a difference. Gagne still has defensive play but I don't thi k it warrants a top 9 spot over a guy that will be 10 years younger and most likely over half the price.
I don't know that I would say he has "declined" every year for the past two years other than the normal progression of an NHL player. He had a bad year his first, injury-riddled season in LA. Last year he was struggling in LA and then got traded and played well for the Flyers. During his time on the Flyers I never once thought he was a liability. Yes he has declined as to where he is not going 40 goals, but he hasn't declined to the point where he is a liability on the ice by any means. If you are worried about a guy being a liability on the ice, you should be far more worried about a 24 year old unknown with no NHL experience, not a seasoned vet that played half the season for you last year and played well. As far as injuries go, I agree there is concern there, but not enough to let him walk and just give the spot on the roster to an unknown, unheralded rookie. Again, if someone beats out Gagne (or anyone else for that matter) for the spot, great. But I wouldn't go in simply penciling in someone with no NHL experience with noone there to fill the void if they can't hang.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 06:38 AM
  #154
Mjoedgaard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
My prefered line up is

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek (I see no reason to break this line up)
Schenn-Lecavalier-McGinn (Move Schenn to permanent winger like we did with Gagne and Carter, put McGinn on that line and give them the most offensive starts sorta like Couver does with the Sedins)
Read-Couturier-Simmonds (Simmonds here because he is the most defensive responsible power forward, this also give Couturier wingers that can actually score)
Talbot-Hall-Rinaldo

This give us 3 balanced lines with a net crashing power forward and 3 very skilled centers and good wingers.

Mjoedgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:05 AM
  #155
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 14,030
vCash: 50
Mezaros traded for a conditional draft pick.

FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($4.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m) / Adam Hall ($0.600m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Mark Streit ($5.250m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Erik Gustafsson ($1.000m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Chris Pronger ($4.941m) / Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)
GOALTENDERS
Ray Emery ($1.650m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,541,022; BONUSES: $2,800,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,558,978

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 05:26 PM
  #156
flyersfan018
Registered User
 
flyersfan018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,711
vCash: 50
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind taking a chance on Mason Raymond for about $2M? Lots of speed and he'll fill that last LW spot allowing Laughton to save a year on his contract.

flyersfan018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 05:28 PM
  #157
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind taking a chance on Mason Raymond for about $2M? Lots of speed and he'll fill that last LW spot allowing Laughton to save a year on his contract.
No thanks. I'd rather have Gagne.

Also, the only reason why I'd want Laughton, and possibly McGinn, over Gagne is because I'd like Couturier to have a physical winger to open up space for him and Read.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 05:38 PM
  #158
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 14,030
vCash: 50
You could also do that by switching Read and Simmonds.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 06:03 PM
  #159
hockeyfreak7
Registered User
 
hockeyfreak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
That could be a good way to disrupt the chemistry.

The point is, why fix something that isn't broken. PP was the least of this team's worries. If the PP isn't working out next season, fine, switch things around. Until then, let it be.
And the PP was just as effective in 2011-12 when Jagr was on PP1 over Voracek. That right flank is not a critical spot for our PP which runs off of the left wall from Giroux nor is that spot unique to Voracek's skill set. Lecavalier could possibly be an even better option on that side with his shot which would allow Voracek and Streit to be major upgrades to the PP2 unit.

I think the biggest problem with the second unit was the fact that they could never enter the zone with position. Well, Voracek is a one man entry, so, problem solved. Now we have two extremely strong units. Don't see the problem.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:17 AM
  #160
Phillyfan28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerJesus View Post
Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn- Vinny- Simmonds
Gagne- Couts- Read
Rinaldo- Talbot- Hall/Rosehill

Timonen- Streit
Grossman-Coburn
Schenn-Lauridson

Emery
Mason

Meszaros will be the odd man out to shed salary
Your forward lineup looks good.
Your defensive pairings suck.

Phillyfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:52 AM
  #161
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,617
vCash: 500
Gustafsson>>>Lauridsen

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 01:33 AM
  #162
SchennSational1022*
The Future
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Peter Mueller and Marek Zidlicky. Make it happen.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 01:43 AM
  #163
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 50,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyfan28 View Post
Your forward lineup looks good.
Your defensive pairings suck.
Yeah, there is no reason for Lauridsen to ever play over Gus if he's healthy at this point. He's more proven and he performed better.

We need to see more out of Lauridsen before making him a consistent player.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 07:14 AM
  #164
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 14,682
vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Peter Mueller and Marek Zidlicky. Make it happen.
The Flyers are not getting any more defenders. This team's defense is good right now (on paper). It isn't the best in the league, but it is at least average, but I'd rank it probably somewhere from 8-12. Simply put, they can't get anyone else on defense without trading multiple pieces, so until that happens the thought of Zidlicky or anyone else coming here is pretty much out of the question.

Mueller is intriguing, but isn't he one of those soft guys that quits on the play and such? I don't know much about him other than he consistently disappoints ever since his first year.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 10:16 AM
  #165
Boxscore
#oldNHL
 
Boxscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1974-94
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Max Talbot and Nick Cousins traded for RFA Chris Stewart who signs a 3-year deal @ $3.975m per (same money as Wayne Simmonds).

Andrej Mezaros traded for a conditional draft pick.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Chris Stewart ($3.975m)
Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($4.500m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Adam Hall ($0.600m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Mark Streit ($5.250m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Erik Gustafsson ($1.101m)
Chris Pronger ($4.941m) / Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)

GOALTENDERS
Ray Emery ($1.650m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)

OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,866,522; BONUSES: $2,800,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $233,478

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 10:21 AM
  #166
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au
 
FlyersFanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Max Talbot and Nick Cousins traded for RFA Chris Stewart who signs a 3-year deal @ $3.975m per (same money as Wayne Simmonds).

Andrej Mezaros traded for a conditional draft pick.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Chris Stewart ($3.975m)
Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($4.500m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Adam Hall ($0.600m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Mark Streit ($5.250m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Erik Gustafsson ($1.101m)
Chris Pronger ($4.941m) / Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)

GOALTENDERS
Ray Emery ($1.650m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)

OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,866,522; BONUSES: $2,800,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $233,478
Why is Pronger in your line-up? He's done for his career as a hockey player(LTIR).
I'm hearing that Marc Andre Bourdon is healthy or getting close, he's got skill and some speed, could put him or Lauridsen in that spot.
I like your forward pairings though, should get us to the cup.
Mezaros will be traded as soon as he is healthy from what I heard.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 10:22 AM
  #167
Shady McCoy
Moderator
Eagles That Quack
 
Shady McCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 22,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
Why is Pronger in your line-up? He's done for his career as a hockey player(LTIR).
I'm hearing that Marc Andre Bourdon is healthy or getting close, he's got skill and some speed, could put him or Lauridsen in that spot.
I like your forward pairings though, should get us to the cup.
His cap hit counts. The Flyers don't want to put him on LTIR right away, or preferably at all.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Shady McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 10:33 AM
  #168
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au
 
FlyersFanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
His cap hit counts. The Flyers don't want to put him on LTIR right away, or preferably at all.
Flyers will if they get close or over the cap, LTIR does grant the team cap relief in a way.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:32 PM
  #169
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,706
vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
Flyers will if they get close or over the cap, LTIR does grant the team cap relief in a way.
If you're calculating a lineup on CapGeek, you have to include Pronger. You can't just drop him. All lineups are proposed for opening night, and Pronger's cap hit will apply to the Flyers on opening night. The day after...they can LTIR the **** out of him.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:40 PM
  #170
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au
 
FlyersFanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
If you're calculating a lineup on CapGeek, you have to include Pronger. You can't just drop him. All lineups are proposed for opening night, and Pronger's cap hit will apply to the Flyers on opening night. The day after...they can LTIR the **** out of him.
If Pronger retires, the Flyers will be on the hook for a $4.9 million cap hit each season until his contract expires after the 2016-17 season.

So the Flyers have stashed him on the long-term injured list because it gives them $4.9 million of cap relief each year, even though they still pay his salary.

The solution is simple: If a player is forced to retire because of an injury, a team should still pay his salary but be absolved of his cap hit.

This is how it should be.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:47 PM
  #171
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,706
vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
If Pronger retires, the Flyers will be on the hook for a $4.9 million cap hit each season until his contract expires after the 2016-17 season.

So the Flyers have stashed him on the long-term injured list because it gives them $4.9 million of cap relief each year, even though they still pay his salary.

The solution is simple: If a player is forced to retire because of an injury, a team should still pay his salary but be absolved of his cap hit.

This is how it should be.
I don't think anyone disagrees with this, except the league bigheads I guess.

But you do realize he's not eternally on LTIR, correct? He comes off it at the end of the season, and has to be placed back on AFTER the 1st game of the season. So we're eating his cap on opening night, whether we like it or not.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:48 PM
  #172
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 4,892
vCash: 500
Tyler Altemose has a great article on how the Flyers can maximize Pronger, if they waive Rosehill & Gervais (assuming no other moves to free money up) before the season, they will be cap compliant. Place Pronger on LTIR pull Rosehill & Gervais back on and boom, they will have like 3.5M in available allowance.

If they move Pronger on immediately not becoming cap compliant prior, they will only be allowed around 1.9M.

Screw it, you read it, he does a better job explaining:

http://thehockeyguys.net/timing-is-e...ltir-benefits/

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:53 PM
  #173
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au
 
FlyersFanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Tyler Altemose has a great article on how the Flyers can maximize Pronger, if they waive Rosehill & Gervais (assuming no other moves to free money up) before the season, they will be cap compliant. Place Pronger on LTIR pull Rosehill & Gervais back on and boom, they will have like 3.5M in available allowance.

If they move Pronger on immediately not becoming cap compliant prior, they will only be allowed around 1.9M.

Screw it, you read it, he does a better job explaining:

http://thehockeyguys.net/timing-is-e...ltir-benefits/
There is always a loophole, trick is to find it.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:54 PM
  #174
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 4,892
vCash: 500
Well he found it, the question is, did the Flyers

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:58 PM
  #175
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Well he found it, the question is, did the Flyers
Might want to forward that article to Homer.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.