HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Prospect ranking: Jesse Niinimakii

View Poll Results: Jesse Niinamakii career potential?
10=Potential Superstar(Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr...) 2 2.67%
9=Regular All Star(Lidstrom, Forsberg, Sakic...) 0 0%
8=1st liner/top dman(Iginla, Weight, Hatcher) 15 20.00%
7=Top 6 forward/top unit Dman(Carter, Brewer...) 46 61.33%
6=Solid 3rd liner/second pairing Dman(Marchant, Ricci, Staios) 7 9.33%
5=3rd/4th liner/3rd pairing Dman(Moreau, Cross...) 4 5.33%
4=Minor leagues/limited NHL action/PB(Ferguson, R. Fitzpatrick) 1 1.33%
3=Career Minor Leaguer 0 0%
2=Career depth Minor Leaguer 0 0%
1=Hockey dropout 0 0%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Jamie

vCash: 500
Prospect ranking: Jesse Niinimakii

I thought I'd start off with Niinimakii and Pouliet and only continue doing the other prospects in the organization if there was enough interest to keep it going. Anyways, I can no longer find the exact # rankings(ie 10=Superstar, etc), but I think I have a pretty good idea still so hopefully it's close enough I won't get ragged on to much.

10=Potential Superstar(Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr...)
9=Regular All Star(Lidstrom, Forsberg, Sakic...)
8=1st liner/top dman(Iginla, Weight, Hatcher)
7=Top 6 forward/top unit Dman(Carter, Brewer...)
6=Solid 3rd liner/second pairing Dman(Marchant, Ricci, Staios)
5=3rd/4th liner/3rd pairing Dman(Moreau, Cross...)
4=Minor leagues/limited NHL action/PB(Ferguson,
3=Career Minor Leaguer
2=Career depth Minor Leaguer
1=Hockey dropout

So anyways, this ones for Niinamakii like I mentioned above, what would you rate him? And I'm leaving it up to you if you want to do it how you think he'll end up or his top end, it'll give better, more acurate results that way I bleieve. I'll have a Pouliet one up in a few minutes, and if there's interest for doing the other Oiler prospects, I gladly will.

Old
01-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Oi'll say!

I gave him an uninformed 7.

It's still too early for me to call him and 8-10 since I've never seen him play, but I'd have a hard time busting him down to a third liner as a first rounder of just two drafts ago.

No offense to Jesse, but I'll be surprised if he does turn out to be a 1st liner, being an Oiler first rounder is like the kiss of death.

I'll be tickled pink if he is a bonafide 2nd line center in 2006/'07, and I'll be happy enough with that pick if he is a solid 3rd liner.

Old
01-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Lowetide

I voted "7", but this season's injury was really disappointing. I believe he had 3 goals and 3 assists in 10 games in the Finnish Elite League, which looks like this on a career line:

02-03 Fin 41gp 4-13-17
03-04 Fin 10gp 3-3-6

He was playing regularly and was about to step forward, and maybe be a guy they could project onto one of the top 2 lines.

Now, he'll play in Finland or Toronto next fall and battle Brodziak and Pouliot as they make their way through the system (am I forgetting anyone?). His injury may really hurt his development, and if the other two turn out he could get buried.

Old
01-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
I thought I'd start off with Niinimakii and Pouliet and only continue doing the other prospects in the organization if there was enough interest to keep it going. Anyways, I can no longer find the exact # rankings(ie 10=Superstar, etc), but I think I have a pretty good idea still so hopefully it's close enough I won't get ragged on to much.

10=Potential Superstar(Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr...)
9=Regular All Star(Lidstrom, Forsberg, Sakic...)
8=1st liner/top dman(Iginla, Weight, Hatcher)
7=Top 6 forward/top unit Dman(Carter, Brewer...)
6=Solid 3rd liner/second pairing Dman(Marchant, Ricci, Staios)
5=3rd/4th liner/3rd pairing Dman(Moreau, Cross...)
4=Minor leagues/limited NHL action/PB(Ferguson,
3=Career Minor Leaguer
2=Career depth Minor Leaguer
1=Hockey dropout

So anyways, this ones for Niinamakii like I mentioned above, what would you rate him? And I'm leaving it up to you if you want to do it how you think he'll end up or his top end, it'll give better, more acurate results that way I bleieve. I'll have a Pouliet one up in a few minutes, and if there's interest for doing the other Oiler prospects, I gladly will.
I'll add one thing, if I do do all the differant Oiler prospects(or a good chunk anyways), that I'll do a calculation of the average score. And I will take away each prospects highest ranking and lowest ranking(hopefully to help rid ourselves of any joke votes) And after I calcualte each prospects average score, I will then make a post about how Oilers fans on these boards rank the differant prospects in comparison to Guy's rankings on hockeysfutures Oilers page.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:06 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Doesn't stand out, and not alot of exceptional offensive talent. 3rd liner.

Old
01-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Jamie

Since there's been a lot of votes, but not all that much discussion, I'm a little unsure if people would like me to continue with these prospect rankings so I think I'll make a quick poll asking if I should or not then go from there. I just thought this would be a good time to do this as there's no current hype about any recently drafted player and players are in their midseason form for the most part(a few injuries though).

Old
01-09-2004, 02:49 PM
zamboni

Hard to pick between Potential Superstar and hockey dropout.

Closed Thread