HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Season Roster Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2013, 10:58 AM
cobra427

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
I feel like the players that the front office is looking at right now are players that we are/should be familiar with.

Vern Fiddler goes against the "getting younger" thought, but he covers wing or center and PKs. It's not technically within division, but I feel as if though we could entertain that type of trade using Klesla for Fiddler and one of the Stars prospects on D. Just a thought of a player that I would like to return.

Can't see much else than a cheap roster signing on a two-way deal over the prospect development camp time. Once we hit Friday, we will get a feel for how the roster shakes out. Depending on development or non-development, we'll get a clearer picture of who we can afford to jettison if bigger deals are to come.

Night all...
While I like Fidler, I don't see us giving up Klesla for a 4th line player. Klesla is a top 4 D men and should return us a top 6 forward in a trade. I still see us signing a top 6 UFA or trading our D depth for a top 6 forward. If it does not happen now, it will happen before training camp, or maybe 20-30 games into the season. I think DM will be smart to be patient to get the right guy/right fit.

No need to do anything rash at this point or fill a top 6 hole with stop gaps, like Lombardi/Sullivan. We are in a different position now and the phone is ringing with players that will play here. If you are a 10 year vet with an NMC, what better place to move your family too then Scottsdale? You can leave in the summer and a great place to live during the season. Lots of options coming for DM and the cap shrinking will help too...

Old
07-09-2013, 11:29 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

We replaced Lombardi with Ribeiro, Gordon with Chipchura, and Chipchura with Klinkhammer.

Center change is certainly a net positive.

Still waiting on the Sullivan and Torres replacements.

Winger change is undecided.

D is largely the same and Greiss is an upgrade on LoL

07-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Mr Pukhead
Where's my ambulance

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
We replaced Lombardi with Ribeiro, Gordon with Chipchura, and Chipchura with Klinkhammer.

Center change is certainly a net positive.

Still waiting on the Sullivan and Torres replacements.

Winger change is undecided.

D is largely the same and Greiss is an upgrade on LoL
Who's left out there for those two?

Old
07-09-2013, 12:01 PM
Scottyb123

I really wish we had got Torres back from SJ.

Old
07-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Mr Pukhead
Where's my ambulance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyb123 View Post
I really wish we had got Torres back from SJ.
As much as I liked Torres, I really don't think he can be the player we remember anymore. The guy is a walking suspension. I wish him the best with SJ.

Old
07-09-2013, 12:16 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pukhead View Post
Who's left out there for those two?
Via UFA there are a handful of options including Morrow and Prospal, for example.

Via trade there are a whole bunch of options including Hemsky and Malone, for example.

Via internal replacement we've got several options from Brown and Miele to Samuelsson and Domi (I sure hope it's not the latter pair).

It's early in the summer. Who knows what might materialize for those spots in the next couple of months?

Old
07-09-2013, 04:00 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
I don't know where you're getting that from, but it certainly wouldn't have been from any of his almost 600 games as an Oiler.
Hemsky was pretty effective on his off-wing for Jagr in past World Championships IIRC. He's a pass-first guy anyways so being on his off-hand shouldn't impede his playmaking abilities. Perhaps not the optimal winger for the Czechs, but it is an option that we can consider.

Old
07-09-2013, 04:06 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Next year's impeding UFA forwards, some of whom we could attempt to target in a trade with Klesla (M. Michalek, Gionta, Stajan) http://capgeek.com/free-agents/?year...F&fa_type_id=2

Last edited by IPreferPi: 07-09-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old
07-09-2013, 05:14 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Looks like Hejduk may not return to the Avs (man, a lot of one-team players are moving this summer - we should be so thankful Doan stayed last summer). I know he doesn't have much gas left in the tank, but I think he can certainly pot 20-30 goals as a winger for Ribs - his hands and shot are still very good. Certainly worth 1 year at $2M+.

Old
07-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Rutkowski

I'd love to have Milan Michalek with us to complete that Czech line but I doubt that'd happen; Ottawa would demand too much since they're still competative.

Old
07-09-2013, 05:49 PM
Sciamachy
Formerly Sceva Sct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
I'd love to have Milan Michalek with us to complete that Czech line but I doubt that'd happen; Ottawa would demand too much since they're still competative.
Unless the Sens are willing to eat half of the 6 million he is owed this year (which would up the price to get him even more) I'd stay away this season. Rather Z just recruit him if he hits UFA next summer.

Old
07-09-2013, 05:51 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Looks like Hejduk may not return to the Avs (man, a lot of one-team players are moving this summer - we should be so thankful Doan stayed last summer). I know he doesn't have much gas left in the tank, but I think he can certainly pot 20-30 goals as a winger for Ribs - his hands and shot are still very good. Certainly worth 1 year at $2M+.
I think he's done, but who knows. DM should look elsewhere first, but if Hejduk is still available later and we haven't brought in a winger it might make sense.

Old
07-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Well, just think that we could have now Emerson Etem on the wing had we selected him instead of Visentin.

In fact, I would have taken any of the 3 guys that fell just behind our pick: Coyle, Etem or Brock Nelson.

That is why a goalie should never be selected before round 3.

Old
07-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Jakey53

Quote:
Maloney said he is looking to get younger. If this was last year, I would agree, but I'm getting tired of picking up old players and hope they have a good year. I say let some of the youngster try or if we do trade, lets go for younger not older.

Old
07-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
Well, just think that we could have now Emerson Etem on the wing had we selected him instead of Visentin.

In fact, I would have taken any of the 3 guys that fell just behind our pick: Coyle, Etem or Brock Nelson.

That is why a goalie should never be selected before round 3.
There are exceptions, but I wish we would have not selected Visentin.

Old
07-09-2013, 07:54 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
Maloney said he is looking to get younger. If this was last year, I would agree, but I'm getting tired of picking up old players and hope they have a good year. I say let some of the youngster try or if we do trade, lets go for younger not older.
Of course our preference would be to get younger. And I don't see how a package of Klesla + Rundblad can fail in getting us a younger Top 6 forward. But if the more appealing options run out, Hejduk would be worth a shot as a one-year scoring stopgap.

Old
07-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Jakey53

Quote:
Of course our preference would be to get younger. And I don't see how a package of Klesla + Rundblad can fail in getting us a younger Top 6 forward. But if the more appealing options run out, Hejduk would be worth a shot as a one-year scoring stopgap.
Just heard Maloney on radio, it was only for a minute but he said nobody is of interest to the Coyotes and if we acquire anyone it will be by trade. I just caught the last minute and I didn't hear the full conversation, so I could be wrong.

Old
07-09-2013, 08:59 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Just heard Maloney on radio, it was only for a minute but he said nobody is of interest to the Coyotes and if we acquire anyone it will be by trade. I just caught the last minute and I didn't hear the full conversation, so I could be wrong.
What station? I DEFINITELY want to hear that podcast when it's available tomorrow.

Old
07-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
What station? I DEFINITELY want to hear that podcast when it's available tomorrow.
Not even sure, I was pulling my truck into the garage and didn't even look. It was of the local sports channels.

Old
07-09-2013, 09:03 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Not even sure, I was pulling my truck into the garage and didn't even look. It was of the local sports channels.
Probably 910 or 1060, then.

Old
07-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Mosby
Howl On

Roc and Maunch 1060. I didn't hear it, but saw a tweet that Maloney would be on the show. Hopefully they post the podcast soon.

Edit: Here it is:

http://azsportstalk.com/uploads/1/2/...on_maloney.mp3

Old
07-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Would you guys do Hemsky at 50% for Klesla?

Old
07-09-2013, 09:21 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
At this point, I definitely would. And then watch as Edmonton continues becoming Phoenix North ;-)

Old
07-09-2013, 09:33 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
Roc and Maunch 1060. I didn't hear it, but saw a tweet that Maloney would be on the show. Hopefully they post the podcast soon.
Pretty lightweight interview, but that's about what I expect from Roc and Manuch Phoenix radio stations.

Old
07-09-2013, 09:34 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
Yes.

Closed Thread