HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 11.0 - Logo Kissing Edition

Old
07-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Captain Saku

vCash: 500
Galchenyuk is much better at center.

If they want to put him on the wings I wonder why not RW instead of LW? Most of his dekes he successfully pull them when he comes down from the RW.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post

If they want to put him on the wings I wonder why not RW instead of LW? Most of his dekes he successfully pull them when he comes down from the RW.
This drove me nuts last year, he's much more efficient and visible on the RW.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Dada

Quote:

Yup, when he would cut in the center and release his laser shot, awesome. From the Lw not much to say..

Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Draft

Quote:

Prust seems comfortable at LW..... Galchenyuk seems more comfortable at right wing......

You think this would be simple.

I'd like to see him taking protected minutes in an offensive role at the third line centre position and letting him slowly gain some confidence while still promoting him as a center.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Dada

and more PP time

Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
and more PP time
That too.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:23 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Prust seems comfortable at LW..... Galchenyuk seems more comfortable at right wing......

You think this would be simple.

I'd like to see him taking protected minutes in an offensive role at the third line centre position and letting him slowly gain some confidence while still promoting him as a center.
Because its much easier in the defensive zone when you aren't on your off wing.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 07:12 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Been a fan for a long time and we finally draft a big skilled center that we have always needed... only to see him play as a winger. I understand both sides, 18 years old etc, but there is no way he should play behind DD in any instance. Just my .02 as a fan and hope everyone is having a great summer!

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Pricenyuk
Montreal961

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
Been a fan for a long time and we finally draft a big skilled center that we have always needed... only to see him play as a winger. I understand both sides, 18 years old etc, but there is no way he should play behind DD in any instance. Just my .02 as a fan i hope everyone is having a great summer!
Yes DD is trash, but AGally was too young and green to give him those kind of minutes and responsibilities. Make no mistake, Galchenyuk will be a centerman. It's just a matter of getting him used to the NHL game by sticking him in a lower risk, less responsible position. AGally is being slowly groomed to be our number 1 center. It just takes time, but trust me it will be worth it!

Pricenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 07:56 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal961 View Post
Yes DD is trash, but AGally was too young and green to give him those kind of minutes and responsibilities. Make no mistake, Galchenyuk will be a centerman. It's just a matter of getting him used to the NHL game by sticking him in a lower risk, less responsible position. AGally is being slowly groomed to be our number 1 center. It just takes time, but trust me it will be worth it!

DD is not trash but smacks of a player that was signed for reasons other than skill or team needs.

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:44 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
continue here
Luggage reclamation is a dangerous business. Seriously.

It was by far the most gruesome work I did when I was an airline agent. You can't blame Lufthansa, blame the Universe. I don't know what system they use to find their lost bags but these sytems are usually archaic and stupidly slow websites that you hope to god has the info on the bag. That info needs to be sent by the airport were the bag arrived. Its entirely possible they (airport receiving the bag) don't care about it, forgot it in some storage room or worse.

It rarely happens but considering hundreds of thousands of bags transit worldwide everyday well, some horrible mistakes happen. Usually tho the whole process takes about a week, so Gally is being a bit impatient here.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post

It was by far the most gruesome work I did when I was an airline agent. You can't blame Lufthansa, blame the Universe. I don't know what system they use to find their lost bags but these sytems are usually archaic and stupidly slow websites that you hope to god has the info on the bag. That info needs to be sent by the airport were the bag arrived. Its entirely possible they (airport receiving the bag) don't care about it, forgot it in some storage room or worse.

It rarely happens but considering hundreds of thousands of bags transit worldwide everyday well, some horrible mistakes happen. Usually tho the whole process takes about a week, so Gally is being a bit impatient here.
No excuses, criss.

Price My Man Crush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 10:25 PM
samsquanch9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post

Great effort #EMBARRASSING

samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
O'Byrne took it.
Sadly this never gets old.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Habcentric

Nice little read up on what Alex has been doing so far this summer

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=679652

Habcentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 04:14 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Do you know many Centers that were drafted Top-3 that were asked to play Wing for a couple of season before being given the opportunity to play Center?
Seguin?

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 04:27 PM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Seguin?
This was a pretty obvious answer to his question, I agree.

AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Be a Hab

Do you guys think galchenyuk will have a monster season this year? I might be a little bit of a dreamer but by watching him last year we can see is an amazing talent. Puck control, vision, skating, wrist shot you name it is got it. People like to compare him with Seguin witch is good but I think he has better potential than Seguin. Especially on a team like Montreal where is style of play is a perfect match with the system MT is wanting he's players to play. So I beleive he's going to get between 23-25 G and between 48-53 A so between 71- 78 points witch is massive I know. But if I where to guess this would be my awnser. Its just a prediction for fun! what is yours?

Be a Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 06:16 PM
JonathanToews19clutc*

Maybe Galchenyuk this year = 22 goals, 50 points or more.

JonathanToews19clutc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 06:17 PM
pcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habcentric View Post

He likes MMA... maybe he is gonna fight next year

pcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habcentric View Post

The Leafs did what? LOL

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 03:43 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be a Hab View Post
Do you guys think galchenyuk will have a monster season this year? I might be a little bit of a dreamer but by watching him last year we can see is an amazing talent. Puck control, vision, skating, wrist shot you name it is got it. People like to compare him with Seguin witch is good but I think he has better potential than Seguin. Especially on a team like Montreal where is style of play is a perfect match with the system MT is wanting he's players to play. So I beleive he's going to get between 23-25 G and between 48-53 A so between 71- 78 points witch is massive I know. But if I where to guess this would be my awnser. Its just a prediction for fun! what is yours?
I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up better than Seguin.

I'm thinking Malkin, Tavares, Datsuyk and no I don't care about too big expectations. He's got the goods and he'll deliver

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Tyson

Tough call on what type of season is ahead for Alex. The all to concerning sophomore slump may occur. He has good direction from his dad on preparation I am sure. He should too 55 points if he plays 14 minutes or more and gets decent PP time.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Habcentric

I think he will have another good season though not sure he will get as many points as some are thinking. He is still learning how to play men and the true test is in this full length season. I wouldnt be surprised if he spends time this year learning the defensive side of the game to become an all around player. And hopefully they find him some time on the power play which if they do should bring his point totals up to a good level ( pass it to Markov Alex, if you pass the points will come...lol )

Habcentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Dagistitsyn

My guess would be close to 50 points and I see him earning top 6 spot at RW (Hopefully) at some point.

18g32a.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote