HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ridiculous: Perezhogin treatment

Old
10-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
Ridiculous: Perezhogin treatment

This is ridiculous...

I just watched the end of 2nd and 3rd period ..

can someone tell me how Perezhogin, who is playing some of his best hockey gets only 8 minutes of ice time ??

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:14 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
No idea, I thought it was a slap in the face to Perezhogin as well.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Namso

i agree. fourth line!?!?! while lats is getting the 2nd??

I hope it was only to see if lats can perform on a scoring line b4 sending him back to juniors. Perezhogin deserves that spot way before him.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Habitant#1

As well as he's playing he's still not putting up the points. Same with Plekanec.

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:24 PM
GSK*

No to be hater...

But Lats was awful on the second line and another year in Drummondville should be good for him...If he stay with the Habs, I don't care much but please put him on the fourth line and when we're winning by 2-3 goals you can give him some top-2 time and some PP.

I though Sammy was good tonight, may be its just me, but he was working well, he didn't put his name on the scoreboard but with 7 penality to kill in the game that made less time for a guy like him or Perezhogin. I'm still thinking put Kovalev at center with both Perez and Sammy.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Traitor8

Why is he even on the 4th line, wasn't it Samsonov who went on the 4th?

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Phousse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8 View Post
Why is he even on the 4th line, wasn't it Samsonov who went on the 4th?
Switched before the game I believe.

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Ghost of Saku

As taboo as it would be to break up our top line, I don't see Carbo having much of a choice if he wants more than one line to produce...
I think some line juggling along these lines could work...

Perezhogin - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Plekanec - Ryder
Samsonov - Bonk - Johnson
Latendresse - Begin - Murray

Koivu remains a set-up guy who has proven he can find Kovalev while Pleks plays a similar role to that of Koivu and with the chemistry Higgins and Ryder already have, can thrive on the 2nd line.
your thoughts?

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:30 PM
David_99

Sammy played well, just like Carbo wanted him to. It was his wake up call. I think Perez on the 4th line is less a slap in the face, more of a trying to get them on the score sheet. Would you rather a 3.5 million dollar guy or a rookie playing on the 4th? Perez is impressing, don't worry, he'll get his chance. Hopefully as early as next game.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
I completely agree; I was furious when I saw him on the fourth line for several reasons.

1) It makes Carbonneau look very indecisive at best; a total pushover at worst. He swapped Perezhogin and Samsonov during a game earlier this season and said after the game that he would maintain those changes through the next few games, then changed his mind and left his original lines together. Yesterday he said Samsonov would be on the fourth line, Samsonov whined about the decision in the media, and he seemingly talked his way off of the fourth line.

2) Perezhogin is a scorer, not a checker. I know the points haven't been there so far this year, but there's no reason to think playing with Begin and Murray is going to increase his production. The same can be said of Samsonov who in no way should be on the fourth line either, but it's not a good fit.

3) With the possible exception of Chris Higgins, I think Alexander Perezhogin has been the hardest-working player on our team this year and deserves to be on one of our scoring lines, not have his ice time even further reduced.

The poor kid just can't catch a break. He was fantastic at the start of last season playing with Koivu and Kovalev during Zednik's absense, but then got sick (flu?) and was never given the opportunity to play with them again. I admit there was a stretch last year where he looked pretty lazy, but he was fantastic towards the end of last season and in the playoffs and picked up where he left off with Johnson and Bonk (and while they having been playing very well, I feel they are holding Perezhogin down a little bit).

When Kovalev was ejected tonight, I really thought Perezhogin would have a chance to take his spot, but he ended up having more ice time than only one player - Garth Murray.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:36 PM
madbox

It doesn't show on the scoresheet, but Perez has been one of most consistent guys to start this season. Always hustling his behind off while being pysical. For him to start on the 4th line tonight, and Latendresse on the 2nd... complete and utter bullcrap.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Ghost of Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbox View Post
It doesn't show on the scoresheet, but Perez has been one of most consistent guys to start this season. Always hustling his behind off while being pysical. For him to start on the 4th line tonight, and Latendresse on the 2nd... complete and utter bullcrap.
And to think everyone was praising Tender during preseason and ****-talking and proposing we trade Perezhogin.

Perezhogin > Tender

no doubt about it

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:43 PM
Ross MacLochness

Well I missed basically the entire game so I want go ranting too much, but when I saw Perezhogin had 8 minutes of ice-time I was none too pleased.

How did Latendresse work with his 13 minutes on the second line? From some posts I've read, he didn't exactly set the place on fire.

Carbonneau has until Saturday to right his wrong, or I am going to be livid.

Latendresse is a 4th liner right now, Perezhogin is not. Lats should not be receiving 5 more minutes of ice time.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:59 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Latendresse was invisible all night, meanwhile, Perezhogin was visible on every one of his very in-frequent shifts.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:07 PM
MoonlightGraham

I disagree. If a Samsonov - Plekanec - Kovalev line doesn't work, I can't see how replacing Samsonov by Perezoghin would change anything, as they play a similar game. And it makes a lot more sense to put Samsonov on the third and Perez on the fourth than to put Samsonov on the fourth and Perez on the third. So Carbonneau couldn't have done anything else, he had to try to get the second line working. Latendresse was mostly invisible tonight, but he's still very young and needs some time. I do not think sending him back to Drummondville would be good after what happened last year.

I'm not saying it worked well, all I'm saying is he had to at least give it a shot.

Last edited by MoonlightGraham: 10-26-2006 at 11:16 PM.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:07 PM
mtl_felix

As of right now, i'd let Alex play with Bonk and Johnson. These guys are doing so good defensivly and they put some numbers on the sheet. Perezhogin will definatly get some points soon, and even if he does not right now, he gets opportunities and has a positive +/- ratio.

(.. personnal feeling: i think Bonk and Johnson are very hard workers, Perez learns from playing with them)

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Mike8

Perezhogin looked good on that fourth line. He made it (finally) a legitimately solid line and drove the net several times.

I didn't think Latendresse looked too bad on the second line. He made a few nice plays.

I'd keep this lineup for another game or two, see how things look. Samsonov definitely looked good (IMO) with Bonk and Johnson.

If Perezhogin's getting fourth line ice-time, then he needs to get spot duty on a higher line at times (put him in Latendresse's spot at times), so that he sees at least 12-13 minutes of ice-time per game. But having him on the fourth-line for a little while isn't terrible; he'll make that a legitimate line and gain some experience being the offensive catalyst of a line.

At this point, Perezhogin's able to develop anywhere you put him. He's really developing to the point where he's a versatile player that can contribute everywhere.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:39 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Perezhogin looked good on that fourth line. He made it (finally) a legitimately solid line and drove the net several times.
I agree, you make a good point in where Carbo said only 2 lines were going in the 1st and 3rd lines (Koivu and Bonk's) and I think the Perezhogin 4th line combo did well to give some stability across the board....Kovalev's ejection didn't allow a full look.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:39 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc View Post
I disagree. If a Samsonov - Plekanec - Kovalev line doesn't work, I can't see how replacing Samsonov by Perezoghin would change anything, as they play a similar game.
I don't see how Perezhogin and Samsonov are similar.

Perezhogin's a whole lot stronger, looks to go through opponents rather than around them, and drives the net more for his opportunities. Samsonov's more of a seeking-open-space dangler. Perezhogin doesn't dangle all that much. Perezhogin's also got the superior shot and he's strong away from the puck; Samsonov craves the puck and is not good without it.

Perezhogin's a whole lot faster; Samsonov's quicker and shiftier.

Different players entirely.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:45 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I was also furious when I saw that Perezhogin was on the 4th line tonight. But as a previous poster said he made the 4th line a ton better, that said there is no way Latendresse belongs on the 2nd line yet. Perezhogin should be playing near 15-17 minutes right now. He has been one of the Canadiens best 5 forwards EVERY SINGLE GAME THIS SEASON.

Finally what I would like to see when Bouillon or Dandenault are back I would like to see the Habs dress 7 defensman scratch Murray and double shift the hardest working, hottest or most talented forward on a regular basis.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:48 PM
zx81

What is ridiculous is the frenzy on this board for a player who has 2 assists in 9 games.

Relax. He's no Ovechkin.

That being said Carbs will have to rearrange the lines because it's now obvious that Plekanec can not be our second line center. He's a lot worst than Ribs offensively even if he's twice faster than him.

I think the solution is to transfer Kovalev to center and then, maybe, Perez may have a shot on this line.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:50 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
What is ridiculous is the frenzy on this board for a player who has 2 assists in 9 games.

Relax. He's no Ovechkin.

That being said Carbs will have to rearrange the lines because it's now obvious that Plekanec can not be our second line center. He's a lot worst than Ribs offensively even if he's twice faster than him.

I think the solution is to transfer Kovalev to center and then, maybe, Perez may have a shot on this line.

Ovechkin is amazing you are correct and better then Perezhogin no doubt but I bet he would have trouble producing playing less than 10 minutes a game as well.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:57 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
You were just ahead of me on that one. I'm a fan of his (and always thought he was better than AKost actually) but he hasn't exactly been lights out to date; he has had some pp time, he has had some quality minutes and still only has 2 helpers to show for (and 2 cheap ones, if you'll indulge me). I'm sure he's gonna get his chance at some point, but I don't see reason for a full-on popular outcry at this juncture... Carbo wanted to shake things up and Lats is a power-forward who goes to high-traffic areas and had some big goals in the pre-season; it was worth a try, it did not work tonight.

That's no slap nor injustice IMHO

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 12:01 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Samsonov definitely looked good (IMO) with Bonk and
I agree. He finally looked like he belonged. If the 3rd can get enough ice, leave him on that line. He's playing with players who complement his game much better. It was quite refreshing to see.

My guess is that Carbo will now use both Perezhogin and Latendresse, on a who's hot basis, to fill the LW spot on the 2nd line. That's what I'd do anyway.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 12:04 AM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
As well as he's playing he's still not putting up the points. Same with Plekanec.
That same logic could also be applied to Latendresse yet he's on the second line now and more transparent than ever.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote