HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

The Official 2012/13 San Antonio Rampage Thread

Old
06-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Heimy

vCash: 500
I'd bet Caruso is ahead of Robak on the depth chart too. He was solid in his brief stint.

Heimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by theq View Post
I think Petrovic has a advantage on Robak for a position on the Roster.
I think this may the case of where Petrovic may be better but he can clear waivers and Robak cant. I think they realize that whoever it is, most likely will be a depth guy on the NHL roster either as a 6th or 7th guy. Petrovic can still benefit from a little more time in the AHL before he's given a roster spot the following yr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy View Post
I'd bet Caruso is ahead of Robak on the depth chart too. He was solid in his brief stint.
True, he did look pretty decent in his time here. Though I think Caruso would pass thru waivers and Tallon may not be willing to risk losing Robak for nothing.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 01:48 PM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

With all the movement lately I've lost track of what players we have in San Antonio. What are we looking like out west? I'm excited about the Matsumoto signing!

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
I'm excited about the Matsumoto signing!

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 04:25 PM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Not sure why this is funny. The guy was lights out for us last time he was here.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 04:28 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
With all the movement lately I've lost track of what players we have in San Antonio. What are we looking like out west? I'm excited about the Matsumoto signing!
The success of the Rampage will depend on the kids. If we get a full (or good majority) season of Bjugstad and Howden, combined with Matsumoto (and I still think they bring back Rallo), sign another scorer and a goalie to at least back up (push) DGM, they can be a good team. Another injury riddled season for the Panthers like last year, and we could be in for a long season again.

Old
07-09-2013, 12:59 PM
RampageNate

Rampage bring back Jared Gomes, Jed Ortmeyer, and Zach Miscovic on AHL deals. Also sign Trevor Lewis (not THAT Trevor Lewis) who spent most of last season in ECHL Cincinnati.

Thrilled with the Gomes signing. Kid busted his ass every single shift.

Ortmeyer's leadership, PK ability, and willingness to take a beating in the crease will help as well.

I thought Miscovic was easily the most consistent defenseman in the last 2 months of the season last year. Put him with a steady, stay at home d-man (Racine), and that could be a very good pairing.

Know very little about Lewis. But he's familiar with a lot of the guys and he put up decent numbers in the ECHL. Depth guy that can fill in for injuries/callups.

Old
07-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
Not sure why this is funny. The guy was lights out for us last time he was here.
I can see a Rampage fan being excited about it and was aware of his contributions to your team. The was intended for those here that are solely Panther fans and only concern themselves about how the players there can contribute to the Panthers not help San Antonio win games. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing our AHL affiliate become a power in that league.

Old
07-09-2013, 01:47 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Is Rallo confirmed? I know you (RN) mentioned it and Soupy did as well.

-ghoste

Ghoste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Kate

With all the movement lately I've lost track of what players we have in San Antonio. What are we looking like out west?
I'm excited about the Matsumoto signing!

Me too! WOO HOO! I'm excited about the Matsumoto signing too! Hope he does well and is excited to come back to SA. Some people on FB were saying he didn't want to be here previously, but i never saw that! See ya soon Jon!

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 04:52 PM
RampageNate

People on FB are full of crap. If he didnt want to be here, he wouldn't have signed.

Old
07-09-2013, 05:03 PM
MickOlax

Just a couple quick questions: Who is this Peter Horachek and what happened to Chuck Weber? And when? Also, eliteprospects has Horachek as the head coach of St.John for next season and Weber for SA. Not to mention the Rampage website still has Weber out there.

Could someone make it clear for me?

MickOlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 05:20 PM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Quote:
I can see a Rampage fan being excited about it and was aware of his contributions to your team. The was intended for those here that are solely Panther fans and only concern themselves about how the players there can contribute to the Panthers not help San Antonio win games. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing our AHL affiliate become a power in that league.
You don't make any sense. Unless you're assuming that I don't care about San Antonio winning games... which would be false, since that's precisely the reason i'm excited about the signing of Jon Matsumoto. He's a career AHLer, I know this. I'd like our prospects to be in a winning environment while they spend time on the farm. Thus, I'm excited that a good AHL player was signed to our affiliated farm team.

You finish your comment saying that you wouldn't mind the Rampage becoming a power in their league. I'm saying similar things. Is it my turn to laugh at you?

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 06:12 PM
gudzilla

interesting piece on horachek

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=677365,

Horachek has a wealth of knowledge to provide the Panthers and their young players. He spent the past nine seasons in Nashville under Barry Trotz as an assistant and associate coach. Before that he was a head coach at the minor levels, including with Milwaukee in the AHL.

gudzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickOlax View Post
Just a couple quick questions: Who is this Peter Horachek and what happened to Chuck Weber? And when? Also, eliteprospects has Horachek as the head coach of St.John for next season and Weber for SA. Not to mention the Rampage website still has Weber out there.

Could someone make it clear for me?
Horachek was let go by Nashville and Santos signed him to be the Rampage head coach a week ago. And he made Weber the assistant coach along with something else. Will check when I get home.

-ghoste

Old
07-09-2013, 06:23 PM
MickOlax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Horachek was let go by Nashville and Santos signed him to be the Rampage head coach a week ago. And he made Weber the assistant coach along with something else. Will check when I get home.

-ghoste
Thanks! I don't normally miss these kind of signings but I had no idea who this guy was when I saw his name in the dev camp news.

MickOlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickOlax View Post
Thanks! I don't normally miss these kind of signings but I had no idea who this guy was when I saw his name in the dev camp news.
No problem. Weber is also Director of Hockey Operations along with being an assistant coach.

http://www.sarampage.com/headlines/?article_id=2351

-ghoste

Old
07-09-2013, 07:08 PM
jordanpwilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Is Rallo confirmed? I know you (RN) mentioned it and Soupy did as well.

-ghoste
Rallo is a go! http://capgeek.com/player/2083

jordanpwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanpwilliams View Post
Right on, him and Mats should net a good chunk of goals.

-ghoste

Old
07-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
You don't make any sense. Unless you're assuming that I don't care about San Antonio winning games... which would be false, since that's precisely the reason i'm excited about the signing of Jon Matsumoto. He's a career AHLer, I know this. I'd like our prospects to be in a winning environment while they spend time on the farm. Thus, I'm excited that a good AHL player was signed to our affiliated farm team.

You finish your comment saying that you wouldn't mind the Rampage becoming a power in their league. I'm saying similar things. Is it my turn to laugh at you?
Let me put it this way. I want the Rampage to win games but I don't lose any sleep on it whether they do or not. Now if a young player is tearing it up in San Antonio I get excited that he will be a future Panther. Matsumoto is 27yo, no longer a youngster and an AHL journeyman. If he's tearing it up in San Antonio the only way I'm going to see him in Sunrise is if a lot a guys are hurt. He's no longer a prospect. I'm passionate about the Panthers. I'm interested in the Rampage. Big difference in what would cause me to get excited about each.

Last edited by Georgia Panther: 07-09-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old
07-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

The Rampage are looking good. Hopefully they bring in another goalie to make a good duo with DGM. I'm not sure Houser is ready to be a full time AHLer yet.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Let me put it this way. I want the Rampage to win games but I don't lose any sleep on it whether they do or not. Now if a young player is tearing it up in San Antonio I get excited that he will be a future Panther. Matsumoto is 27yo, no longer a youngster and an AHL journeyman. If he's tearing it up in San Antonio the only way I'm going to see him in Sunrise is if a lot a guys are hurt. He's no longer a prospect. I'm passionate about the Panthers. I'm interested in the Rampage. Big difference in what would cause me to get excited about each.
If you want the Panthers to be a respectable organization, then you want the same thing for the Rampage as you do for the Panthers. A winning AHL franchise sets a tone for the prospects who will be spending at least a year there before joining the NHL. If the have the confidence to win, if they expect to win, they bring that attitude with them wherever they go. That's what we want in Sunrise.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
If you want the Panthers to be a respectable organization, then you want the same thing for the Rampage as you do for the Panthers. A winning AHL franchise sets a tone for the prospects who will be spending at least a year there before joining the NHL. If the have the confidence to win, if they expect to win, they bring that attitude with them wherever they go. That's what we want in Sunrise.
Ok, you guys win, I can't sleep tonight because I'm so excited that Jon
Matsumoto is back with the San Antonio Rampage!

Old
07-10-2013, 01:24 AM
jordanpwilliams

yeah, ok enough of that...

I co-host a sports talk show on the ESPN affiliate here in San Antonio on Saturday mornings, 9-11.

I'm also a Rampage STH and try to keep the team as visible in the market as I can. It can be challenging at times in south Texas. Anyway, here is an updated list I put together of the off-season moves so far for the club.

http://thegonzoinsashow.com/rampage-off-season-moves

Also, Rampage Nate has a great blog you guys should check out.

http://www.runninwiththeherd.blogspot.com/

Let's have a good one and keep it positive, yeah?

jordanpwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 01:32 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Is Logan Shaw ready to be with the Rampage this season or not yet?

-ghoste