HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[TOR] Mikhail Grabovski

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2013, 01:45 PM
ARSix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Advance stats from two years ago? Sorry, I've actually watched the games, and understand how the team works together. Some of this advanced stats stuff is pure BS. Jeez, if only the Coaching staff knew about these stats, they would have done something different.
How is that from two years ago? It's up to date - lists every player who's played more than 200 minutes with both guys over the past 5 seasons.

Second, how are those stats "advanced"? One is how many goals the Leafs score compared to the other team when X player is on the ice with Grabovski / Bozak, the other is how many shots they attempt compared to the other team. It's not hard to understand.

The "watch the games" crowd is always funny, though. As if we who pay attention to these metrics don't watch far, far too much hockey while paying far, far too much attention to what players are doing.

Old
07-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
This is just the common "grass in greener on the OTHER side" mindset most Leaf fans have.

Grabo had his arguablly worst season ever, and it's pretty clear why. He was being completely used wrong. He's going to sign a nice new deal with a team and make Leaf fans regret this move.

I seriously hope Bolland recaptures his 3c magic, but I have my doubts.
I have no "doubts" this is the Leafs best Center grouping since the Sundin days.

I find it funny that we never were much more than a lottery team with Grabo as our #2C and we have some Leafs fans pining away for this guy still.

Bozak at #1 > Grabo
Kadri at #2 > Grabo
Bolland at #3 > Grabo

How is this guy going to make Leafs fans regret letting him go when all 3 Center's in their projected slots are better than #84?

Old
07-09-2013, 01:51 PM
crunchyblack*
juice monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOCKEYGOON View Post
Bottom line.... Grabo was bought out to make room for Clarkson.

Would anyone here take Grabo on their team over Clarkson? I think not...

Bozak
Kadri
Bolland
Colborne/McClement

Makes a hell of a lot more sense than

Kadri
Grabo
Bolland
McClement/Colborne
Factoring in Clarksons (laughable) contract, I think I'd take Grabo.

Old
07-09-2013, 01:52 PM
crunchyblack*
juice monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I have no "doubts" this is the Leafs best Center grouping since the Sundin days.

I find it funny that we never were much more than a lottery team with Grabo as our #2C and we have some Leafs fans pining away for this guy still.

Bozak at #1 > Grabo
Kadri at #2 > Grabo
Bolland at #3 > Grabo

How is this guy going to make Leafs fans regret letting him go when all 3 Center's in their projected slots are better than #84?
lolololololololololololololol

Old
07-09-2013, 01:53 PM
shaner89

Quote:

Bozak at #1 > Grabo
Kadri at #2 > Grabo
Bolland at #3 > Grabo

This

It's funny he still hasn't signed. I doubt teams are wiling to pay him anything over 2.5ish

Maybe he bolts to Russia

Old
07-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
And so begins the character assination to make this deal seem ok.

This is absolute bull. Grabo was one of the hardest working players on the team. He never once complained about the position and role he was given on the team.

The only time he let go was AFTER he was released, which you know is legit.
Mike Brown was probably a harder worker than Grabo and he was let go too. Working hard and getting little to no results doesn't mean you are an effective player.

Further, the evidence of Grabo being a selfish player is more true than he isn't.

This is the guy that iced the puck trying to score an empty net goal to pad his 16 point stats last year, and the team was scored upon when he lost the face-off right after that in the final minute. Either he is just stupid or he is not a team player, take your pick.

Old
07-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Has he ever played on the wing?

Old
07-09-2013, 02:00 PM
frankthetank91

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyblack View Post
lolololololololololololololol
I don't know what you find funny? Is it that you think Grabovski is better in a 3rd line center role then Dave Bolland or is it the fact you feel we should be paying Grabovski 5.5 to play on the 3rd line. Please just shut up.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner89 View Post
This

It's funny he still hasn't signed. I doubt teams are wiling to pay him anything over 2.5ish

Maybe he bolts to Russia
Considering Nonis couldn't even get a throw away 6th rd pick for Grabo, he sure looks like the great player some of the posters here think he is. Knocking down his door, his agent is funny.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:01 PM
frankthetank91

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyblack View Post
Factoring in Clarksons (laughable) contract, I think I'd take Grabo.
First off Grabo's caphit was higher than Clarksons. Not as long of a term but long enough anyways. Second of all at least Clarkson fits in the top 6. Grabovski didn't.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:03 PM
seanlinden

I can't believe people are still griping over the Grabovski/Bozak thing...

Yes, Grabovski is probably a better centre than Bozak, but the Bozak is definitely the better centre to be playing with Phil Kessel, and a centre to play with Phil Kessel is exactly what they needed.

As for Clarkson / Grabovski, there's certainly a much stronger case to be made, but it didn't seem like Grabovski moving to the wing was a good idea.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Mike Brown was probably a harder worker than Grabo and he was let go too. Working hard and getting little to no results doesn't mean you are an effective player.

Further, the evidence of Grabo being a selfish player is more true than he isn't.

This is the guy that iced the puck trying to score an empty net goal to pad his 16 point stats last year, and the team was scored upon when he lost the face-off right after that in the final minute. Either he is just stupid or he is not a team player, take your pick.
It's also the guy who after not be included in that 10 penalty shot game, gave a less than inspired attempt the next game. It's also a guy who was benched consistently during games.

I know he has a lot of fans but he didnt give a great effort during his adversity. That coupled with his parting comments is being played out as we speak as interest is slim.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
I don't know what you find funny? Is it that you think Grabovski is better in a 3rd line center role then Dave Bolland or is it the fact you feel we should be paying Grabovski 5.5 to play on the 3rd line. Please just shut up.
Bolland has won at every level, Grabo has lost at every level. Maybe he wants to build a team of losers...

Old
07-09-2013, 02:05 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Thread's over the limit, discussion can continue here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...php?p=68983409

Closed Thread