HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agent Friend-Z Part III - Moore please?

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2013, 02:10 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
No particular reason other than I liked him at Michigan and he's had some success in the AHL. He's played 66 games in the NHL and scored 14 points. Probably not going to help us much, if at all, but could be a good player for Hartford.
Yeah, it's possible. I have not been a fan of his in the NHL. Too small and weak on the puck. I would rather go for a younger guy like we mentioned above or another d-man

Old
07-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Lundsanity30

Prospal is a UFA?

Old
07-09-2013, 02:13 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Prospal is better than Hagelin, Kreider and Pouliot by far though. Jagr is by no means a clear cut upgrade, let alone an upgrade over Nash and Callahan. I don't see room for him in AV's setup.
When did I or anyone here say Jagr was supposed to be an update over Callahan and especially Nash? He is not. You don't comprehend the issues with this team the past two years. They did not have enough depth offensively. Adding a guy like Jagr deepens the RW position. Having (2) 2nd line RWers does not hurt.

And its silly to bring prospal into the debate. You say Jagr has detiorated...have you watched Prospal the last two years? I have. I have watched him on a bunch of occasions...especially last season. His body is more fragile than Jagr. I'd hardly call him better than Pouliot let alone the other two at this point in time. Prospal is even more done than Jagr.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:15 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Prospal is a UFA?
Don't think he is but I figured I'd entertain the lameduck debate.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Prospal is a UFA?
According to capgeek, yes he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
When did I or anyone here say Jagr was supposed to be an update over Callahan and especially Nash? He is not. You don't comprehend the issues with this team the past two years. They did not have enough depth offensively. Adding a guy like Jagr deepens the RW position. Having (2) 2nd line RWers does not hurt.
And why would Jagr with his egoistical mind and never playing 3rd line anywhere in his career will join the Rangers in a 3rd line minutes role at a discounted rate? It's not like the Rangers are contenders, so I don't see why he would even sign here in the first place if his goal is to win (which it's not, it's all about the $$$$$$).

Quote:
And its silly to bring prospal into the debate. You say Jagr has detiorated...have you watched Prospal the last two years? I have. I have watched him on a bunch of occasions...especially last season. His body is more fragile than Jagr. I'd hardly call him better than Pouliot let alone the other two at this point in time. Prospal is even more done than Jagr.
I think it's laughable to suggest Pouliot is close to the caliber of player Prospal is. Prospal has been CBJ's leading point scorer the past 2 seasons and was only 4 pts behind Nash in 2011-12. He also put up very high PPG ratio with the Rangers in his short stint here. Pouliot has never been close to Prospal at any point in his career. Pouliot can hardly get top 6 ice time on Tampa Bay. He averaged less than 14 minutes per game with the Bolts last year and less than 12 with the Bruins the year before.

Last edited by Kershaw: 07-09-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old
07-09-2013, 02:23 PM
NYR Viper

He is a name I would be interested in if the price was relatively low. Chad Larose.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:23 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Prospal has a verbal agreement with Columbus to sign 1-year contract until he retires, and when he does, he'll be given a front office job.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
He is a name I would be interested in if the price was relatively low. Chad Larose.
a big upgrade over Powe Asham and even Boyle on the 4th line... im shocked he is not signed yet... Sather better try to get him.. he is up his alley low risk high reward type UFA. had 19 goals 2 years ago and 15 the year before that and 19 in 2008-2009 season, but only 2 in 35 games last season.. im sure he wouldnt be that expensive to sign.... get it done..

Old
07-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Jacques Strap

Quote:
I'd rather they sign Tolchinskey (sp?) from Development camp. Not sure why they haven't offered him a contract yet.....

I agree. I would also like to see the NYR offer a contract to Tolchinsky. They have until the start of the OHL season to do so, I think.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:47 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
a big upgrade over Powe Asham and even Boyle on the 4th line... im shocked he is not signed yet... Sather better try to get him.. he is up his alley low risk high reward type UFA. had 19 goals 2 years ago and 15 the year before that and 19 in 2008-2009 season, but only 2 in 35 games last season.. im sure he wouldnt be that expensive to sign.... get it done..
Not really.

Why the hell are people still suggesting forwards? The Rangers have 13 NHL forwards under contract excluding Asham/Powe with several prospects who will be vying for spots in camp (Lindberg, Fast, Miller, Kreider, Hrivik, Kristo). They're done up front. LaRose isn't an upgrade. He wouldn't be in the lineup.

Same for defenseman. Why would Blum or Peckham sign here when they'd be #8 defenseman? Other teams could give them roster spots. Think, use logic.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
07-09-2013, 02:50 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
Not really.

Why the hell are people still suggesting forwards? The Rangers have 13 NHL forwards under contract excluding Asham/Powe with several prospects who will be vying for spots in camp (Lindberg, Fast, Miller, Kreider, Hrivik, Kristo). They're done up front. LaRose isn't an upgrade. He wouldn't be in the lineup.

Same for defenseman. Why would Blum or Peckham sign here when they'd be #8 defenseman? Other teams could give them roster spots. Think, use logic.
There will be many players without a team very soon. Teams rosters are loaded as it is. The Rangers are one of many teams overflowing with NHLers.

Old
07-09-2013, 03:31 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
According to capgeek, yes he is.

And why would Jagr with his egoistical mind and never playing 3rd line anywhere in his career will join the Rangers in a 3rd line minutes role at a discounted rate? It's not like the Rangers are contenders, so I don't see why he would even sign here in the first place if his goal is to win (which it's not, it's all about the $$$$$$).

I think it's laughable to suggest Pouliot is close to the caliber of player Prospal is. Prospal has been CBJ's leading point scorer the past 2 seasons and was only 4 pts behind Nash in 2011-12. He also put up very high PPG ratio with the Rangers in his short stint here. Pouliot has never been close to Prospal at any point in his career. Pouliot can hardly get top 6 ice time on Tampa Bay. He averaged less than 14 minutes per game with the Bolts last year and less than 12 with the Bruins the year before.
You really need to stop calling Jagr egotistical it is getting kinda ridiculous. He is well past the years where he was egotistical. He was hardly as such during his time here, if at all. The only issue was the contract he wanted from Sather in order to re-up and stay with the organization. He still had gas in the tank and felt he deserved the money he wanted. There was never an issue with his role on the team. There hasn't been an issue with his role on his previous teams the last couple years. He was not the main guy in Philly. He was not the main guy in Dallas; may have had more responsibility because they are a younger squad with less talent. He was absolutely not the main guy in Boston. You never heard any bad press about him the last few years. It's not all about the money for him. How in the hell is it? He signed with Philly because they were considered a contender. He signed with Dallas because that was what was out there for interest last off season. When he arrived in Boston he was very happy to be going for a cup run. Just because you say things, does not make it true. Find me articles with quotes from that it is all about the money before you spew out ********.

Not to mention here he could very well be the 2nd line RW. Callahan gets pushed to 3rd line RW. It is not a demotion for Callahan, it is probably what AV prefers given the system he likes to play. Having Callahan get pushed down to be part of that "shut down" line that can also provide offense is perfect for AV's system.

And I never said Pouliot was of the caliber that Prospal is. You can put words in my mouth all you want. All I said is at this point in time, Hagelin-Kreider-Pouliot as our top 3 LW (for the time being until the deadline) makes more sense than Prospal on that side. Pouliot is only 26 years old. Of course he hasn't put up the seasons Prospal has, he hasn't been in the NHL that long. It is quite honestly a stupid comparison on your part.

Old
07-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Chad Larose is a fun player to watch... until you realize that nothing really seems to happen when he's out there. At least, that was the case this past season. Before that, the guy was putting up legitimate 3rd line numbers.

His ice time dropped by 4 minutes per game from 11-12 to 12-13 and the quality of his linemates took a hit. Of course, that's what happens when your team bring in Jordan Staal and Alex Semin. Chances are, his success before was more circumstantial than legitimate.

On the other hand, his shooting percentage also dropped by 6 points. Somewhat mysterious.

Old
07-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
im sure Falk wont get greedy. hes the 7th D now. Kinda like whta they have done for depth

McD, Girardi
Staal, Moore
DZ, Stralman
Falk, Johnson
Syvret, McIlrath
Is it really that great? We have Falk, Johnson and Syvret who replace Eminger, Gilroy and Hamrlik.

07-09-2013, 05:18 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass art by Brassard View Post
Is it really that great? We have Falk, Johnson and Syvret who replace Eminger, Gilroy and Hamrlik.
Big improvement, but that's still not saying much; Em all but sucked.

I'll clean this up...
Gils was terrible, and Hami completely horrendous.

Old
07-09-2013, 05:40 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass art by Brassard View Post
If Staal is healthy it's definitely an upgrade.

Old
07-09-2013, 08:36 PM
frankthefrowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Hahaha
The mysterious plot thickens. You cannot mean...
I mean there is no physical evidence but its pretty much the worst kept secret ever being that be only posts articles he writes.

Old
07-10-2013, 07:24 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Arbitration deadline for the players to file today at 5pm.

Brett Cyrgalis of the Post wrote this

Quote:
Rangers restricted free-agent forwards Carl Hagelin and Mats Zuccarello are both arbitration eligible, and if they file Wednesday, neither can play in Europe. First-line center Derek Stepan is not eligible.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/islan...tent=Islanders

Jiri Hudler filed for salary arbitration in 2009 and then decided to play in the KHL. Don't know if the NHL and the KHL have a new agreement on that. The NHL and KHL have an agreement to honor their contracts. The KHL said filing for arbitration isn't a contract and they allowed Hudler to play in the KHL. The NHL contended Hudler filing for arbitration is the same as a contract. That was 4 years ago. The NHL didn't pursue it and Hudler returned in 2010. The NHL and KHL probably have reached common ground on a player filing for arbitration and then signing a contract in the KHL. Can't do it.

Justin Falk is also eligible

Cyrgalis also wrote this

Quote:
Clutterbuck’s annual $2.75 million salary-cap hit now officially gets the Islanders to the floor of $44 million, with restricted free agents Josh Bailey and Thomas Hickey still to sign. Bailey is eligible to file for salary arbitration today by 5 p.m., and if he doesn’t, the team can file hursday. Hickey is ineligible.
Hickey is eligible. He has 4 years.

Old
07-10-2013, 07:49 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Gagner,Rask,Wheeler,Little,Bogosian and Hagelin are the key arbitration eligible players. Not that many. Gagner and Rask are supposedly close to signing long term extensions. Gagner can become a group III next July with a 1 year contract.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:08 AM
boyle2boyle

I remember reading something about how if we have two arbitration hearings we get a second buyout window? I could be reading into it incorrectly and I'm not sure we buy out Brad either way, but if that's true it presents an interesting opportunity should we find ourselves up against the cap after signing our RFAs.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

The second buyout window can't be used for compliance buyouts IIRC.

Old
07-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
The second buyout window can't be used for compliance buyouts IIRC.
There were 3 windows for the new CBA's compliance buy outs:

- Start of the 2013 season
- 2013 off season
- 2014 off season

Old
07-10-2013, 11:50 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Zuccarello and Falk have salary arbitration rights, for which the filing deadline is Wednesday. Stepan does not. If Zuccarello files, he would be bound to play in the NHL and thus ineligible to sign with a European club.

A change in the CBA stipulates that clubs now have the right to walk away from arbitration awards only of at least $3.5 Million. Zuccarello is probably in the $1.25M range while Falk should come in around $1M.
Read more: Rangers sign Hagelin to two-year deal http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nhlblo...#ixzz2Yf7EEefT

Katie Strang reported Zuccarello and Falk will file.

Old
07-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Wouldn't Zucc have more leverage by not filing?

The threat of going to Europe is our only chance of losing him

Old
07-10-2013, 11:57 AM
The Perfect Paradox

Andrew Gross @AGrossRecord
Told #NYR could finalize a deal today with D Justin Falk, which would avoid Falk filing for arbitration.

https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/sta...07619783602177

Closed Thread