HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ridiculous: Perezhogin treatment

Old
10-26-2006, 11:05 PM
JMMR

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
but he hasn't exactly been lights out to date; he has had some pp time, he has had some quality minutes and still only has 2 helpers to show for (and 2 cheap ones, if you'll indulge me).
That's no slap nor injustice IMHO
Oh yeah the cheap one against the leafs where he worked his tail off and fed Johnson the puck form behind the net, or the one against the avs where he workd his tail off again along the side boards and got Johnson the puck!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:05 PM
kobe

it's so unfair for Perezhogin, the way he's been treated is disgusting. While Latendresse is on the 2nd line and he's totally invisible and an absolute non factor in the game. I'm so sick and tired of the media and people praising Lats while he hasn't done anything. He reminds me of a young Chad Kilger and that ain't no compliment.

Give Perez some respect!

kobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:08 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8 View Post
This is ridiculous...

I just watched the end of 2nd and 3rd period ..

can someone tell me how Perezhogin, who is playing some of his best hockey gets only 8 minutes of ice time ??
What has he done to deserve more?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:17 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
What has he done to deserve more?
He's got two more points than Latendresse and probably more hits. He's visible during the games. He has good speed. He drives the net. He forechecks. Hell, I'm not even a fan of Perezhogin and even I think that he deserved that spot a hell of a lot more than Guilliame "the medias choice" Latendresse. This kid does not even deserve to be on this team. He needs way more seasoning. At least Kostitsyn has some pro experience therefore it's more likely that his game would have translated to the NHL a hell of a lot quicker than the Canadian WJC benchwarmers game did. Oh wait, Sutter never gave this kid a chance either. Give me a ****in' break.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_sanch View Post
And to think everyone was praising Tender during preseason and ****-talking and proposing we trade Perezhogin.

Perezhogin > Tender

no doubt about it
Yeah, down right frightening. I would love to see Lats be successful, but right now he's just not ready for primetime. And I can't help but think a lot of what is going on with shuffling players is largely fueled by this need to "fit Lats in there somewhere".

Perez has been fantastic. It seemed a no-brainer to switch Perez and Sammy and see what happens. But assume they did that and it works, then what do we do with Lats on the fourth? Because with him there that line, as I see it, is being held back. Wouldn't the fourth, righ now, be more effective with say Laps (even Kost)from hamilton? And therefore wouldn't our team be better?

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Guillermo

Send a message via AIM to Guillermo Send a message via Yahoo to Guillermo
It's great seeing how Perezhogin is developping. I'm actually thinking he's doing much better than last year when he was on the first line. He is working hard, learning how to protect the puck in the corners. He gave a lot of energy to the fourth line. After the game I was sure he had more icetime than Latendresse. And to think some were ready to trade him for a bag of pucks before the season! I'm sure Carbo sees the progress as well, he just wanted a physical presence for the 2nd line. Let's be patient, the season is still young and things will get better.

As for Latendresse, well, he is invisible, a non factor, I can't help but think that Kostitsyn should have his place.

Guillermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Oh yeah the cheap one against the leafs where he worked his tail off and fed Johnson the puck form behind the net, or the one against the avs where he workd his tail off again along the side boards and got Johnson the puck!

Maybe I didn't choose the right word in "cheap"; cause I sure didn't mean that he did not work for them.

His 1st assist was following a miscommunication between Raycroft and his d-man: He snuck in, worked hard as you said, but still, it was just a fluke play. His 2nd assist, again, not saying he did not work for it, just that it was on the 8th goal with like 5 mins to play; not exactly a game-breaking goal.

So basically, that's 8 games, no goal, an assist on a fluke goal and a meaningless one in an 8-5 win. That's pretty thin, is all I'm saying

So , yourself !

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Namso

perezhogin is visible; the bounces just aren't going his way; he's hit multiple posts and has set up great chances. I don't think Lats has set up a single chance.

Perezhogin is also working in the defensive zone while lats is only looking for big hits.

Seriously Murray, Begin and Lats should stop looking for hits and go back to playing basics. It made them (begin and murray) really successful last season.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:30 PM
ppil

And Lats is making more money than Higgins and Perez

I'm not a Perez fan but I give him credits for his efforts espacially tonight after being put on the fourth line, he's a big suprise for me.

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:42 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe View Post
it's so unfair for Perezhogin, the way he's been treated is disgusting. While Latendresse is on the 2nd line and he's totally invisible and an absolute non factor in the game. I'm so sick and tired of the media and people praising Lats while he hasn't done anything. He reminds me of a young Chad Kilger and that ain't no compliment.

Give Perez some respect!
So Latendresse who played half of a game on a second line ----- Kovalev was out after that ----hasn't done anything there . What did you expected from him ? that after one shift , he started to produced ?

May i say that Plekanec is with this line since the begining , and that he only has 2 points ( one of the two is a bounce on a skate ) .

Nobody talk about him curiously . But Latendresse ...
( Not that i think that he was specially good tonight )

By the way , on rds site an in the Journal Lapresse , they are saying that Latendresse " n' a rien cassé " ( didn't do anything noticeable )

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 10-26-2006 at 11:57 PM.
goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bûcheron View Post
It's great seeing how Perezhogin is developping. I'm actually thinking he's doing much better than last year when he was on the first line. He is working hard, learning how to protect the puck in the corners. He gave a lot of energy to the fourth line. After the game I was sure he had more icetime than Latendresse. And to think some were ready to trade him for a bag of pucks before the season! I'm sure Carbo sees the progress as well, he just wanted a physical presence for the 2nd line. Let's be patient, the season is still young and things will get better.

As for Latendresse, well, he is invisible, a non factor, I can't help but think that Kostitsyn should have his place.
Yup and that progression started last year down the stretch with Plekanec. After Koivu went down they were our best line. Perezogin will surely see top6 ice time soon enough. Sammy played well with Bonk. I would switch Perez and Lats.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 12:07 AM
GoHabsGO252006

I couldn't agree more with almost everyone. Pepe has been better than Lats and Sammy.

Lats looks confused and not ready out there whether it's 4th line or 2nd line, I think he needs to go back to junior and Kosty should get his shot. Pepe should be on the second line with Plex and Kovy and Sammy on the third with Bonk and JOhnson.

Sammy on that third line looked at his best tonight by far his best game.

One of the reasons Pepe's ice time was short in the second and third was because he served Kovy's penalty minutes. Why? I don't know it should've been Lats he won't be killing any penalties.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 12:09 AM
White Snake*

As long as we win!!!

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 12:17 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Snake View Post
As long as we win!!!
In the playoffs.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
This all relates to my strategy, if you want/need players to produce, they have to play with Koivu, that's the bottom line.

Nielson81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 12:23 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark View Post
He's got two more points than Latendresse and probably more hits. He's visible during the games. He has good speed. He drives the net. He forechecks. Hell, I'm not even a fan of Perezhogin and even I think that he deserved that spot a hell of a lot more than Guilliame "the medias choice" Latendresse. This kid does not even deserve to be on this team. He needs way more seasoning. At least Kostitsyn has some pro experience therefore it's more likely that his game would have translated to the NHL a hell of a lot quicker than the Canadian WJC benchwarmers game did. Oh wait, Sutter never gave this kid a chance either. Give me a ****in' break.
Normally the French Canadian always gets the extra chance in Montreal, I hate it. However, I'm not sure this is the case.

Latendresse is being given a chance, because I'm sure they don't know what to do with him. Perezhogin is here to stay, they probably feel more comfortable with his role right now.

Perhaps they feel the size Lats brings could be worth a shot by mixing up the lines, while Perezhogin adds much more to the bottom lines right now.

I haven't been impressed one bit by Latendresse, its easy to take the unpopular view in this instance. I'll give Carbonneau the benefit of the doubt in this case, and leave the politics out of it.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
Well I missed basically the entire game so I want go ranting too much, but when I saw Perezhogin had 8 minutes of ice-time I was none too pleased.

How did Latendresse work with his 13 minutes on the second line? From some posts I've read, he didn't exactly set the place on fire.

Carbonneau has until Saturday to right his wrong, or I am going to be livid.

Latendresse is a 4th liner right now, Perezhogin is not. Lats should not be receiving 5 more minutes of ice time.
Gui was a complete non factor.

And even with decreased minutes, perez was a lot more noticeable than gui tonight.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 12:44 AM
vcx*

Poor coaching decision.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 12:49 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8 View Post
This is ridiculous...

I just watched the end of 2nd and 3rd period ..

can someone tell me how Perezhogin, who is playing some of his best hockey gets only 8 minutes of ice time ??
Calm down.. un-knot your panties.
Perezhogin's linemates are both on special teams, specifically the PK. In fact, Begin was stuck on the ice for about a 2 minute shift at the start of the third. It's hard to give a line icetime when one or more of the players is dead tired.
If you want to argue about how Perezhogin deserves to be on another line, then by all means go ahead, but how much icetime he got tonight is easily explained.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 01:42 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppil View Post
And Lats is making more money than Higgins and Perez I'm not a Perez fan but I give him credits for his efforts espacially tonight after being put on the fourth line, he's a big suprise for me.

Is it too late for Latendresse to rejoin his junior team? he really should (for his own good + take power skating lessons NOW not later...)...,,,,,,NHL/ahl next year only...

Bring A. Kostitsyn up at a later time this season...

Play Perezhogin (absolutely deserves it: approx. 15 minutes/game)..., and later in season play A Kosts...

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 10-27-2006 at 01:49 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 06:19 AM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
You were just ahead of me on that one. I'm a fan of his (and always thought he was better than AKost actually) but he hasn't exactly been lights out to date; he has had some pp time, he has had some quality minutes and still only has 2 helpers to show for (and 2 cheap ones, if you'll indulge me). I'm sure he's gonna get his chance at some point, but I don't see reason for a full-on popular outcry at this juncture... Carbo wanted to shake things up and Lats is a power-forward who goes to high-traffic areas and had some big goals in the pre-season; it was worth a try, it did not work tonight.

That's no slap nor injustice IMHO
okay well gui has no points in 9 games and has looked average at best and he gets promoted to the 2nd line? whats the double standard here? maybe if it was alexander desjardins then maybe he would be getting more then 8 min I guess?

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 06:37 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I do not know why Perez got the shaft but I have been saying since training camp that Lats should be in junior. Time to send him backand let Kots show us what he can do. I had hoped I would be wrong, and it is still early in the season so things can change, but Lats is not ready for the NHL as much as he might want to make you think otherwise.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 06:39 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
So Latendresse who played half of a game on a second line ----- Kovalev was out after that ----hasn't done anything there . What did you expected from him ? that after one shift , he started to produced ?

May i say that Plekanec is with this line since the begining , and that he only has 2 points ( one of the two is a bounce on a skate ) .

Nobody talk about him curiously . But Latendresse ...
( Not that i think that he was specially good tonight )

By the way , on rds site an in the Journal Lapresse , they are saying that Latendresse " n' a rien cassé " ( didn't do anything noticeable )
Actually a few people, including myself, have been saying that Pleks is over his head and should be centering the third line playing the two-way game he is better suited for. I really hope they make a center change and maybe even give Bonk a chance with Sammy and Kovy.

Last edited by beowulf: 10-27-2006 at 05:47 PM.
beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 06:42 AM
dagaka

Put Lats, Perez and Bonk together and everyone's happy.

dagaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 06:53 AM
FlavorFlav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Normally the French Canadian always gets the extra chance in Montreal, I hate it. However, I'm not sure this is the case.

I haven't been impressed one bit by Latendresse, its easy to take the unpopular view in this instance. I'll give Carbonneau the benefit of the doubt in this case, and leave the politics out of it.
I agree, they are chanting his name from the rafters, the guy's played what, about a dozen games in a Habs uniform. I think there is a huge bias for Latendress this year, Carbo's trying to please the fans. They are making him into a superstar way before his time.

What baffles me is the style of play he plays. He's a decent forchecker, but damn, the 2nd line? ridiculous. Kosty deserves that spot more than he does.

FlavorFlav is offline   Reply With Quote