HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blackhawks Restricted Free Agents

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-08-2013, 03:24 PM
  #176
rick hawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 539
vCash: 500
Handzus isn't the only veteran center they could get to fill the 4th line for a year for around a million. Danault being an option isn't far fetched, either. Kruger doesn't have the Hawks over a barrel by any means.

rick hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:21 AM
  #177
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick hawk View Post
Handzus isn't the only veteran center they could get to fill the 4th line for a year for around a million. Danault being an option isn't far fetched, either. Kruger doesn't have the Hawks over a barrel by any means.
the problem is, no one else available that would pay for less than 1.8 and accepts this role is as good as the known guy on our roster. Gordon would have been but hell he gets 3.0
Prospects aren't ready to take over. Still wonder when we will hear the contract extension.

only a trade would be something to think about. Krüger for Goc + little more would be the kind of deal to look after

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:23 AM
  #178
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,600
vCash: 500
Kruger to Florida in a package deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
the problem is, no one else available that would pay for less than 1.8 and accepts this role is as good as the known guy on our roster. Gordon would have been but hell he gets 3.0
Prospects aren't ready to take over. Still wonder when we will hear the contract extension.

only a trade would be something to think about. Krüger for Goc + little more would be the kind of deal to look after
Kruger to Florida with a 4th rounder or Kyle Beach for Marcel Goc. If this doesn't work then we can start the season with Kruger.


I like the idea of Marcel Goc on our 4th line!


Last edited by LandofLincoln: 07-09-2013 at 03:30 AM.
LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:45 AM
  #179
SLarmer28
Registered User
 
SLarmer28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Kruger to Florida with a 4th rounder or Kyle Beach for Marcel Goc. If this doesn't work then we can start the season with Kruger.


I like the idea of Marcel Goc on our 4th line!
Why should the Blackhawks offer more than Kruger to Florida? Marcel Goc is on the last year of his contract.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/g/gocma01.html

If anything, Florida should also take Carcillo as part of a salary cap dump.

SLarmer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 05:36 AM
  #180
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Kruger to Florida with a 4th rounder or Kyle Beach for Marcel Goc. If this doesn't work then we can start the season with Kruger.


I like the idea of Marcel Goc on our 4th line!
Panthers would have to add and don't forget that Goc has a 1.8 Cap Hit. That's the max Krüger should and will get.

Still think he'll get 1.5 (+/- 0.2)

We should hear soon about this. Bowman wants him back, Krüger wants to come back. Both agree to a 2 year deal and know about the Cap Space for this season

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:36 AM
  #181
rick hawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 539
vCash: 500
I'm amazed at Kruger's pk success when the other team usually starts with the puck because of his inability to win a face off. I also wonder if he will do as well now that Frolick is no longer his partner.

I'd like to talk to an eye specialist about Manny Moholtra's eye..

rick hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 01:25 PM
  #182
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,355
vCash: 500
Chris Kuc‏@ChrisKuc18m
#Blackhawks continue negotiations with restricted free-agent center Marcus Kruger. Still no deal but they are talking.

Bowman must be trying to low ball the crap out of him.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 02:02 PM
  #183
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Chris Kuc‏@ChrisKuc18m
#Blackhawks continue negotiations with restricted free-agent center Marcus Kruger. Still no deal but they are talking.

Bowman must be trying to low ball the crap out of him.
So he should.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 02:13 PM
  #184
RomersWorld*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick hawk View Post
I'm amazed at Kruger's pk success when the other team usually starts with the puck because of his inability to win a face off. I also wonder if he will do as well now that Frolick is no longer his partner.

I'd like to talk to an eye specialist about Manny Moholtra's eye..
Think of it this way...imagine if Kruger improves on his faceoffs and becomes "good". How good of a PKer would he be then?

I feel the same way. The way Kruger and Frolik hounded the puck and played so incredible on the PK was amazing considering they gave the other team free possession in the offensive zone almost every time it seemed like. Hopefully Yanic Perreault can help the younger guys like Shaw, Kruger, Pirri improve their faceoffs.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 02:23 PM
  #185
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 101,824
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Chris Kuc‏@ChrisKuc18m
#Blackhawks continue negotiations with restricted free-agent center Marcus Kruger. Still no deal but they are talking.

Bowman must be trying to low ball the crap out of him.
Either that or absurd overpayments for guys like Boyd Gordon and Brandon Prust (4th liners with very little talent) has him demanding absurd $$$

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 02:25 PM
  #186
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Either that or absurd overpayments for guys like Boyd Gordon and Brandon Prust (4th liners with very little talent) has him demanding absurd $$$
Problem with that is he knows how much money the Hawks have. He also knows he is a restricted free agent. Either go sign an offer sheet, or take what you are offered.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 02:49 PM
  #187
SLarmer28
Registered User
 
SLarmer28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Chris Kuc‏@ChrisKuc18m
#Blackhawks continue negotiations with restricted free-agent center Marcus Kruger. Still no deal but they are talking.

Bowman must be trying to low ball the crap out of him.
Marcus Kruger is a fourth line center and I doubt that he will climb up the Chicago Blackhawks depth chart especially with the following centers in Rockford this season:

Leblanc
McNeill
Danault
Nordstrom
Broadhurst

Besides, Marcus Kruger is a restricted free agent who is not eligible for salary arbitration.

SLarmer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 02:50 PM
  #188
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,336
vCash: 10592
I like Kruger, but I am more than happy to wait this out for the long haul, even if it somehow went into the season.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:43 PM
  #189
SLarmer28
Registered User
 
SLarmer28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
So he should.
As far as I am concerned, if Kruger does not like the offer, he can join Burmistrov and bolt to the KHL. The Chicago Blackhawks can't afford to overpay fourth liners especially with the number of restricted and unrestricted free agents next year:

RFAs
Pirri
Leblanc
Shaw
Morin
Smith
Hayes

UFAs
Crawford
Hjalmarsson

SLarmer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 04:40 PM
  #190
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
Marcus Kruger is a fourth line center and I doubt that he will climb up the Chicago Blackhawks depth chart especially with the following centers in Rockford this season:

Leblanc
McNeill
Danault
Nordstrom
Broadhurst

Besides, Marcus Kruger is a restricted free agent who is not eligible for salary arbitration.
maybe he is more than a 4th liner and wants a bigger role on the roster? Maybe he wants to be more of an offensiv guy paired with D than just a D forward?

out of the C prospects you listed, not even 1 is on the same level as Krüger is YET

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 05:27 PM
  #191
SLarmer28
Registered User
 
SLarmer28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
maybe he is more than a 4th liner and wants a bigger role on the roster? Maybe he wants to be more of an offensiv guy paired with D than just a D forward?

out of the C prospects you listed, not even 1 is on the same level as Krüger is YET
If that's the case, the Chicago Blackhawks could have negotiated a better deal with Nikolai Khabibulin, same overall contract value with a lower base and higher bonus payment (for example; $1 million base, $1 million bonus).

SLarmer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 05:32 PM
  #192
SLarmer28
Registered User
 
SLarmer28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
maybe he is more than a 4th liner and wants a bigger role on the roster? Maybe he wants to be more of an offensiv guy paired with D than just a D forward?

out of the C prospects you listed, not even 1 is on the same level as Krüger is YET
If Marcus Kruger does not like the deal, trade Marcus Kruger to Toronto for Jay McClement, since Bowman has established a business relationship with Nonis.

SLarmer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 05:34 PM
  #193
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 18,549
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
maybe he is more than a 4th liner and wants a bigger role on the roster? Maybe he wants to be more of an offensiv guy paired with D than just a D forward?

out of the C prospects you listed, not even 1 is on the same level as Krüger is YET
He had his chance at an offensive role and was awful. He played a defensive role and look how that turned out.

Who cares what he wants to play?

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 05:39 PM
  #194
SLarmer28
Registered User
 
SLarmer28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
maybe he is more than a 4th liner and wants a bigger role on the roster?
The Chicago Blackhawks do not need another headcase on the roster - reference Viktor Stalberg. If any player wants to put himself above the team, he should be shipped out.

SLarmer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 05:39 PM
  #195
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
He had his chance at an offensive role and was awful. He played a defensive role and look how that turned out.

Who cares what he wants to play?
1.2 is as far as I would go if I was Stan. Sucks but the Hawks have no room at this point.

If Kruger wants more he should walk because there is no room for advancement here.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 06:28 PM
  #196
SLarmer28
Registered User
 
SLarmer28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
1.2 is as far as I would go if I was Stan. Sucks but the Hawks have no room at this point.

If Kruger wants more he should walk because there is no room for advancement here.
Stan Bowman should have learned his lesson with the Michael Frolik contract. If the Chicago Blackhawks start overpaying fourth liners, I can't imagine what Pirri, Shaw, Morin, Smith, Hayes will ask for next season.

SLarmer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 06:32 PM
  #197
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 21,595
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
For the umpteenth time, Frolik was paid that money with the expectation of being a top 6 guy.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 07:06 PM
  #198
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets
 
Atomic Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Panama
Country: United States
Posts: 8,775
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
For the umpteenth time, Frolik was paid that money with the expectation of being a top 6 guy.
That was the mistake. You pay for what they are....not on expectations or projections. Hope he learned his lesson.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 07:10 PM
  #199
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
That was the mistake. You pay for what they are....not on expectations or projections. Hope he learned his lesson.
a two time 20 goal scorer on bad panthers teams...I don't think it was that crazy to expect him to be a top 6 player. That said, you NEVER pay for what a guy has done, you ALWAYS pay for what you think he will do. Its what separates the winners from the losers.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 07:14 PM
  #200
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 21,595
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
That was the mistake. You pay for what they are....not on expectations or projections. Hope he learned his lesson.
The Bickell contract flies in the face of that thinking.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.