HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs trade Philippe Lefebvre and a 7th to Florida for George Parros

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
Lucic, and he is a hell of a player too.
Lucic is an opportunistic fighter. He picks guys smaller than him and when he fights one his size, he usually makes sure they're at the end of their shift. Lost all respect when he didn't answer Laraque's bell...

The best fighter in the league is Zdeno Chara and thankfully, he doesn't fight often, too valuable on the ice.

Old
07-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Lucic is an opportunistic fighter. He picks guys smaller than him and when he fights one his size, he usually makes sure they're at the end of their shift. Lost all respect when he didn't answer Laraque's bell...

The best fighter in the league is Zdeno Chara and thankfully, he doesn't fight often, too valuable on the ice.
I always loved how Begin consistently got under his skin and brought him into the box. I don't think I've ever seen somebody be mentally owned as much by one player as Chara was by Begin. I swear that's why they picked up Begin because he single handedly rendered Chara inert.

Old
07-09-2013, 03:37 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
I don't want any gingers on our team.
Agreed, no day walkers. Too much of a hazard now that Tampa and Florida are in the division

Old
07-09-2013, 03:38 PM
prairie hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You have to think that based on the fact that we used a 3rd round pick for a guy like Connor Crisp, that we have to take into consideration every player like that which are, tough players to play against, hard on the forecheck, with the occasionnal dropping the mits. You then have to think that Jared Boll is on top of the list....I'd give a whole lot to get him to be honest....just need to define my "whole lot"....
I am sure other franchises value these guys highly, and as you suggest the asking prices could be scary. But I cannot help but think that Bergevin may be eyeing another Prust-like player for the bottom six, if not for the sheer fact of attrition. Moen and Prust accumulated a lot of mileage in a shortened season last year. Parros can help control shenanigans and liberties taken against our younger, smaller skilled guys, but he can only contribute so much on the ice. Guys like Boll, McLeod, etc. can take a regular shift and help you win games.....

Think of it from the opposite perspective: would any Habs fan be open to trading Brandon Prust right now? Probably not. And if so, what would be the asking price?

One ufa I think could help in this department is Brenden Morrow. Not exactly a fighter, but willing. Great on the forecheck, and can physically intimidate. At this stage in his career I think he must realize he is no longer a top 6 guy. Injuries have slowed him down, but he plays with enough grit/guts (borderline dirty at times) to make teams respect him. He helps his line mates by often doing some of the heavy lifting.

Old
07-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
McLeod for me. He's just a better hockey player.
We have plenty Mcloed type players with Prust, Morn and White. We badly needed a heavyweight protector and we have him now.

Old
07-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:

Define best, because Chara relies on brute strength due to size, and I'd say he's an average, if not poor fighter.

Not many people can take him down though, I'll give you that.

Old
07-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
He has won his last 14 fights.. Must be doing something right.

Last "loss" was barely even a loss. Great fight with Vandameer
He fights middleweights not heavyweights.

Old
07-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
We have plenty Mcloed type players with Prust, Morn and White. We badly needed a heavyweight protector and we have him now.
Actually, I value more Prust to be way more on the ice than in the penalty box. Moen WAS that type of player, he is not anymore. And White....well I would agree. Let just hope that Therrien doesn't become too irritated by his lack of discipline.

Old
07-09-2013, 05:23 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Colton Orr was the EC champ, and McGratten the WC champ last year. But there are about 10 guys who could wear the belt these days, and Parros is one of them.

Old
07-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

How did you come up to that conclusion? I guess Gill is a great fighter too because he's 6'8" and 260lbs?

Chara never fights top heavyweights, the only exception was Laraque and he wanted no part of him, immediately going for a wrestling "take down".

Old
07-09-2013, 05:54 PM
SouthernHab

Laraque is a piece of ****.

Laraque was not a Canadien. He was simply being paid by the Canadiens organization and he proved that he was on the team for himself and did not care about his teammates.

Laraque saying this about Parros makes me even happier about his signing.

Old
07-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Laraque, LOL.

1-Claims he will never play in MTL, **** on MTL in the media.
2-Signs huge contract to come over regardless of previous statements.
3-Never stand up for anyone, do some boring staged fights only drunks enjoy.
4-Never produce anything on the ice, except when disaster hit his homeland.
5-Get kicked out, paid to stay at home.
6-Come out of the closet as a animal lover, wants to end fighting in the NHL after making millions doing just that.

Old
07-09-2013, 06:07 PM
HatTricK09

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Laraque, LOL.

6-Come out of the closet as a animal lover, wants to end fighting in the NHL after making millions doing just that.
Let's not forget this:

Old
07-09-2013, 06:09 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Are you really trying to belittle Orr? He wins the majority of his fights, he's one of the hardest punche in the game and he has a strong chin. Scott is great too.

Lucic is one of the toughest Heavyweight in the league.
Orr is average when it comes to Heavies. He "wins" as many as he loses.

For example.........

This is from HockeyFights.com. It looks like an even fight when you watch it. When you look at "who won the fight" based on votes, Orr wins 58.7% vs 9.1%.

This is all we need from Parros. Stand up to Orr and not let him dictate the game with his successful bullying of the Habs last season.

Old
07-09-2013, 06:10 PM
HomaridII

George Parros ‏@GeorgeParros 1m
Thanks to all my twitter fans who have had my back though! I'll do it on the ice, you can do it socially! #donedeal

George Parros ‏@GeorgeParros 3m
Lots of talk today about @GeorgesLaraque comments, For those who don't know me, I'm not into engaging in negativity, especially via twitter

Old
07-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Top Corner2

Parros fought a bunch of the leagues toughest guys last year.

Laraque prefers to talk and play street hockey with little girls.

Old
07-09-2013, 06:20 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
George Parros ‏@GeorgeParros 1m
Thanks to all my twitter fans who have had my back though! I'll do it on the ice, you can do it socially! #donedeal

George Parros ‏@GeorgeParros 3m
Lots of talk today about @GeorgesLaraque comments, For those who don't know me, I'm not into engaging in negativity, especially via twitter
Good on Parros...

Old
07-09-2013, 06:24 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Laraque still finds ways to embarrass himself. Have some humility and refuse to comment on Parros or the Habs, man. It's not that hard.

Old
07-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Et le But

Laraque is a pathetic man who lives for attention.

Parros might not be much more useful, if at all, as a hockey player, but at least he's a hundred times more likeable.

Old
07-09-2013, 06:31 PM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Old
07-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Laraque is a pathetic man who lives for attention.

Parros might not be much more useful, if at all, as a hockey player, but at least he's a hundred times more likeable.
Parros is actually decent on the forecheck for an enforcer.

Old
07-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchabsfan View Post
translation of some quotes:

-I know him and he's a good guy, he will defend his teammates. But Boston won't be afraid, toronto and Ottawa neither...

-When Montreal signed Parros, I'm sure the Bruins were relieved. Same for Ottawa.

-He's a good guy, but in the NHL, you have to intimidate. He has a good technique, more like a wrestler than a finisher.

-Prust was amazing last year, better than Parros will.

-Our division is ''crazy''. Florida wouldnt let Parros go if he was doing the job.

-Knowing Montreal's market, after 2 or 3 beatings, people will begin to wonder why we got this guy...

-Some will say I'm jealous, frustrated but I'm not. I know the guy, I know them all. Those who don't believe me will see for themselves.
That's my whole problem with it. Parros is really a great guy and his thing is staged fighting. We need a prime-time a-hole that won't tap people in the back after fights. I want an intimidator, not as a deterant of what might happen to our small guys as much as put the fear of God into guys no matter what. Start things up by a vicious hit and so forth. Sort of like Orr did against the Habs last year. He hit Bouque in the nose, attacked Gionta and so forth.

People may think i'm crazy but in that pure goon style? I would have prefered Trevor Gillies.

Old
07-09-2013, 06:58 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
That's my whole problem with it. Parros is really a great guy and his thing is staged fighting. We need a prime-time a-hole that won't tap people in the back after fights. I want an intimidator, not as a deterant of what might happen to our small guys as much as put the fear of God into guys no matter what. Start things up by a vicious hit and so forth. Sort of like Orr did against the Habs last year. He hit Bouque in the nose, attacked Gionta and so forth.

People may think i'm crazy but in that pure goon style? I would have prefered Trevor Gillies.
Google "Parros Radko Gudas"

Old
07-09-2013, 07:06 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Laraque, LOL.

I specifically remember this incident:

Chipchura gets a dirty blindside hit to the head from Brule (a suspension today IMO) and Laraque clearly sees the whole thing but just keeps going his merry way. Mara had to skate down the entirety of the ice to do his work. Extremely pathetic to see.

Old
07-09-2013, 07:08 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Google "Parros Radko Gudas"

Dont piss off Parros. The reach around punch behind the linesman was a nice touch.

Closed Thread