HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Best place to buy hockey stick/shaft online(Canada)?

Old
05-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Talent Analyst

vCash: 500
Best place to buy hockey stick/shaft online(Canada)?

????

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 11:37 AM
noobman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
????
Are you looking for the lowest prices, the best customer service, the lowest shipping rates, or something else?

I like buying hockey gear in-person. Pro Hockey Life has a few stores in addition to online retail. Hockey Monkey seems really popular around here, but I haven't used them before.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 09:09 PM
Semper Sens

Sorry to bump but I was really hoping this thread would go further. Canadian online hockey shopping seems pretty balls compared to America. I wish you could get products from HockeyWorld shipped from the Perani's locations in Canada. I found $90 gloves there for $20 and of course MistaWristah had that thread about the Winwell G500.

Let's say OP wanted to find lowest prices. Whereto? Is there anything remotely comparable to hockeyoverstock or hockeyworld?

Semper Sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Pascal

http://www.sportsrousseau.com/store....ey=CA&lang=eng

Rousseau ships now. They have a ton of hockey gear. price wise I am not sure how they fare but it seems pretty good. Also they have free shipping on orders over $100 right now.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:04 AM
tsnTpoint

This thread needs to be bumped. Its disgusting how much cheaper hockey sticks are on U.S. websites.

American websites will not ship Bauer or Easton products forcing us to pay the ridiculous $300 for the top end stick.

Perfect example of this was a Bauer Total one (last years model) I found for $160 including shipping from the States. The cheapest I could find for the same model in Canada at the time was $250!!!!!!!!!!!!

tsnTpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:40 AM
AIREAYE

Relax, the reality is that Canada will always be more pricey to sell to; look at the hype surrounding Target.

There are a boatload of factors as to why a price gap is there, such as manufacturer-imposed restrictions, lower scaled retailers in general, transport costs, government taxes (which was coincidentally reduced for imported hockey gear, so hopefully manufacturers could let us see that relief) etc.etc.etc.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:04 AM
sanityplease

vCash: 50
I don't find a huge difference in price on the newest model of equipment lately. A few years ago was a different story though. When we were $0.63 to the US dollar, (it looked like) we paid a LOT more. Now that the currencies are close to par, prices are similar. IMHO, in Canada the main prob. now is that equipment is distributed & controlled by MEGA store chains like PHL, CT, SportCHk, who are ALL owned by the same company. In the US, a lot of the busy online shops are smaller more competitive businesses.

sanityplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:06 AM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanityplease View Post
I don't find a huge difference in price on the newest model of equipment lately. A few years ago was a different story though. When we were $0.63 to the US dollar, (it looked like) we paid a LOT more. Now that the currencies are close to par, prices are similar. IMHO, in Canada the main prob. now is that equipment is distributed & controlled by MEGA store chains like PHL, CT, SportCHk, who are ALL owned by the same company. In the US, a lot of the busy online shops are smaller more competitive businesses.
I dunno if we can call those online stores 'small'. Their physical stores service their own areas while the online portion is known to and can ship all over the lower 48 states in most cases.

However you are right about the CT conglomerate being huge north of the border, the buying power and distribution logistics among other factors keeps pricing low. Nobody should be complaining about higher prices given that Sportchek regularly buys in overstock from manufacturers. That's why you see S19s and Widows selling for $120 for example.

Old
04-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Durham Inline
INLINE EXPERT

Do you have a specific model you are looking to acquire?

I may be able to assist.

Durham Inline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:26 PM
tsnTpoint

looking for the Bauer Total One, right handed, 85 or 75 flex. Patrick Kane p.88 curve.

im out there looking for a nice deal but all the deals are in the states. I am looking at stocking up on a few if I can find the right deal. I have been looking at Canadian sites but their sales are always above what I am looking to spend. If hockey monkey or Hockey Giant could ship there Easton and Bauer products North then there would be no issue.

There has got to be something out there comparable in Canada for these sticks. But I have yet to find a good one.

tsnTpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 10:01 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnTpoint View Post
looking for the Bauer Total One, right handed, 85 or 75 flex. Patrick Kane p.88 curve.

im out there looking for a nice deal but all the deals are in the states. I am looking at stocking up on a few if I can find the right deal. I have been looking at Canadian sites but their sales are always above what I am looking to spend. If hockey monkey or Hockey Giant could ship there Easton and Bauer products North then there would be no issue.

There has got to be something out there comparable in Canada for these sticks. But I have yet to find a good one.
How much are you wanting to pay for a T1?

Old
07-10-2013, 08:18 AM
sanityplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnTpoint View Post

I haven't had the best luck online in Canada. The real deals I've seen lately are instore specials. Just saw some EQ50's,ST's & Ai9's @ a CT for $99. SC also has some pretty good clearance deals, & extra stock from other stores.

Most of the sticks in the clearance racks I see are Right's. At least you have that going for you.

sanityplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 08:33 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

all the equipment in canada is slightly pricier but one advantage that we do have is the hockey community is bigger. If you can check Kijiji/Craigslist and look for pro stock sticks that are the model you want. I have gotten at least 40 sticks from an unnamed Jr player who now plays in the AHL. $100 stealths/RBK11 (when they were top of line), Total ones and i jut got 5 Mako2 85 flex hall curves for $600. all the sticks are still in the original plastic and never used. obviously there is no warranty on them but for $125 a piece i can live with out the warranty.

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote