HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade and Proposals Thread XXXVI: MacT, send more help!

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

vCash: 500
I really hope Hemsky isn't playing on our 3rd line. He's only going to decrease his value playing limited minutes with checking forwards. We'll get better value if we trade him before the season. I have a feeling MacT is looking for more than Hemsky's worth, which is probably why he's still an Oiler.

As far as offersheets go, let's do it. We have the cap space, we need help. I'm not afraid of anyone offersheeting RNH or Yakupov. Good luck outbidding us on those guys, and if you do we'll get a lot of picks in return.

Old
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Yotes fan back in peace with an offer that continues Edmonton's transformation into "Phoenix North." :-)

Would Klesla for Hemsky @ 50% salary be a doable trade?
Straight up. It's not like either team is close.

Old
Lindo

Yeah i'd imagine they would have to move salary before signing Jagr so who knows. I'm loving the Jaromir Jagr Journey Across the League™, though.

Old
07-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

adater ‏@adater
Buffalo also considering Jagr - and, believe it or not, L.A

Old
07-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

I'm always wary of players that look good playing the majority of their time in the SE.

Old
07-09-2013, 10:34 PM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Please LA sign Jagr.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sit..._happy_a_l.jpg

Old
07-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Paralyzer008

You guys realize that whoever is the loser on Jagr might go to Hemsky next, right?

Ruutu-RNH-Eberle for a 2nd line isn't terrible, but I'd think Carolina won't deal us Ruutu, Rutherford really likes him.

Old
07-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
You guys realize that whoever is the loser on Jagr might go to Hemsky next, right?

Ruutu-RNH-Eberle for a 2nd line isn't terrible, but I'd think Carolina won't deal us Ruutu, Rutherford really likes him.
You bet we do

I'm hoping that Hemsky trade talks heat up with those teams that missed out.

Old
OilerFan4Life

Quote:

Ruutu plays balls to the wall and I've always liked him however you're right they're not dealing him.

Old
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
I asked the Wings board about Andersson. What do you guys think of this if we sign Grabo?
The wings take that and run. Andersson is gonna be a good player for a long time. If he scores it'll be gravy. Still not worth Gagner. Miller is A real good bottom 6 guy and Ferraro is still a toss up. He did come on this year but there's still a lot of questions. Although, Holland has started mentioning him publicly which usually means he's about a year away.

Old
07-09-2013, 10:50 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 50
Quote:
jesus christ, i seriously thought that dude was out of the league.

/completely invisible to me the past 2 seasons

Old
07-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Paralyzer008

Proposal:

Bourque for Hemsky

Montreal gets a RW who has played with Plekanec before.

Edmonton gets a LW who can shotgun who is a bigger body.

Thoughts?

Old
07-09-2013, 10:54 PM
PETRYDISH

Quote:
Proposal:

Bourque for Hemsky

Montreal gets a RW who has played with Plekanec before.

Edmonton gets a LW who can shotgun who is a bigger body.

Thoughts?
I like it, however Montreal wouldn't. They need the size as much as they can, they have nothing but dwarfs in that lineup.

Old
07-09-2013, 11:03 PM
OilerFan4Life

Habs already lack size in their top 9. No chance they deal Bourque.....besides does that guy score on any team but us?

Old
07-09-2013, 11:09 PM
doubledown99

Everybody is talking about offer sheets for Clifford.....why not Cowen? 7 yrs for $28 mil and have a huge signing bonus. If Sens are a budget team a huge signing bonus would be difficult to stomach for them.

Cowen would impact this teams fortunes a lot more than Clifford would

Old
07-09-2013, 11:10 PM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
In regards to Soundwaves post:

How has any of that mattered? All these prospects and none of them have made us any better. I'm tired of thinking about the future. I want the team to play a flipping playoff game.
That's exactly why I wanted to trade this years draft pick, perhaps bundled up with PRV or whatever, and get an impact vet on the RW. I couldn't care less about getting Nurse. The time for this team is now, and it's time to get the vets that the kids need around them to win. Since it's too late for that, trade next years 1st round pick, I guess. I really don't care. I just want the right players on this team NOW that can help make it a winner NOW.

Old
07-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
Everybody is talking about offer sheets for Clifford.....why not Cowen? 7 yrs for $28 mil and have a huge signing bonus. If Sens are a budget team a huge signing bonus would be difficult to stomach for them.

Cowen would impact this teams fortunes a lot more than Clifford would
Sens fans don't seem to crazy about Cowen right now. Just coming off hip surgery, sounds like he's disappointed the last couple seasons. It would be pretty risky to sign him for 7 years. I barely watched any East teams this season because they never played us, so I'm just trusting the opinion of Sens fans on this one.

Old
07-09-2013, 11:19 PM
OnTheBrink

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
That's exactly why I wanted to trade this years draft pick, perhaps bundled up with PRV or whatever, and get an impact vet on the RW. I couldn't care less about getting Nurse. The time for this team is now, and it's time to get the vets that the kids need around them to win. Since it's too late for that, trade next years 1st round pick, I guess. I really don't care. I just want the right players on this team NOW that can help make it a winner NOW.
The time for the Oilers to win is not NOW, keep in mind the sore of this team is in its teens and early early 20's, Oilers fans including myself are just becoming impatient, the time for this team to contend is 14/15 season and moving forward, I am more happy that Mac t didn't rush the rebuild and trade away any of the stars for quick fixes, then anything. Lets not jeopardize years of contending for a few years of making the playoffs..

Old
07-09-2013, 11:24 PM
doubledown99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
Sens fans don't seem to crazy about Cowen right now. Just coming off hip surgery, sounds like he's disappointed the last couple seasons. It would be pretty risky to sign him for 7 years. I barely watched any East teams this season because they never played us, so I'm just trusting the opinion of Sens fans on this one.
This doesn't jive with what is on their board. Go to their Cowen thread and you will see Sens fans clamouring to get him signed to a contract close to what Hamonic got.

Old
07-09-2013, 11:48 PM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheBrink View Post
The time for the Oilers to win is not NOW, keep in mind the sore of this team is in its teens and early early 20's, Oilers fans including myself are just becoming impatient, the time for this team to contend is 14/15 season and moving forward, I am more happy that Mac t didn't rush the rebuild and trade away any of the stars for quick fixes, then anything. Lets not jeopardize years of contending for a few years of making the playoffs..
It may not be this season, but it should be before Nurse is ready to be an impact player. The better logical decision would be to trade him for help. But I'm not expecting to change anyone's mind here about that. I realize this is "Hockey's Future" and that most here have hard-ons for prospects above all else.

Old
07-09-2013, 11:58 PM
BlowbyBlow

Quote:
It may not be this season, but it should be before Nurse is ready to be an impact player. The better logical decision would be to trade him for help. But I'm not expecting to change anyone's mind here about that. I realize this is "Hockey's Future" and that most here have hard-ons for prospects above all else.
hockey is a young mans game, teams who build championships build cores. Yes edmonton has a good forward group, but i wouldn't call any d-man on the oilers a top 25 or even 50 dman in the league, petry?, smid?, on a championship team there probably a 4-6 d-man even that.

How about a goaltending you really think there going to win with Dubnyk. This team has so many holes and still does but its because there only success has been drafting.

They can't develop well, they can't attract ufa's, and the horrible trades they have made (see stoll/greene for vishnovsky for whitney trades) Therefore if you get a #2-3 d-man in nurse you take him because you rarely get a d-man gift wrapped like that.

Old
07-09-2013, 11:59 PM
pcanuck

I don't think mact is done yet. I see hemsky and a prospect going to philly for coburn ... Then i see some current dmen put on the waiver wire. I wouldn't be shocked to see gagner moved either in a sign and trade.

Old
07-10-2013, 12:00 AM
pcanuck

I think dubnyk will be on a short leash this year... This is make it or break it for him.

Old
07-10-2013, 12:04 AM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowbyBlow View Post
hockey is a young mans game, teams who build championships build cores. Yes edmonton has a good forward group, but i wouldn't call any d-man on the oilers a top 25 or even 50 dman in the league, petry?, smid?, on a championship team there probably a 4-6 d-man even that.

How about a goaltending you really think there going to win with Dubnyk. This team has so many holes and still does but its because there only success has been drafting.

They can't develop well, they can't attract ufa's, and the horrible trades they have made (see stoll/greene for vishnovsky for whitney trades) Therefore if you get a #2-3 d-man in nurse you take him because you rarely get a d-man gift wrapped like that.
My point exactly. So you trade the pick to fill those holes. This team should be in the playoffs before Nurse is even ready to play in the NHL, let alone be an impact player. If it does take longer than another 3 years to get into the play-offs, then just shoot me right now.

Old
07-10-2013, 12:13 AM
OnTheBrink

vCash: 114
Quote:
Im not against moving prospects for help.. what I am not interested in is trading away core pieces for help now, we disagree on Nurse as I think the kid will be a stud and is the type of defenceman this team is lacking now and in its system, I think they should probably move some of their prospects like one of Musil, Maracinin or Gernat and some of their forward prospects for help, but I am not interested in trading roster players for a older roster player who is a slight upgrade, frankly I dont think this team should trade for anyone over the age of 26 as they will be past their prime as the Oilers core enters theirs, and older veteran leadership types are fairly easily acquired through FA (Ference). Saying that I am not against trading the 2014 1st rounder but would want a very solid return as I am still very much up in the air as to where the Oilers finish, could be anywhere from 10th to 25th.

This is the core I would build around with a average age of about 21 still about 2 to 3 years from their prime.

RNH
Hall
Eberle
Yak
J. Schultz
Klefbom
Nurse

These are the players I would only trade for a overpayment and should be part of the core still with a average age approx 24. Just starting their prime.

Smid
Petry
Pajaarvi
Gagner

Closed Thread