HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Dinamo Rīga 2013/2014 season talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2013, 07:18 AM
  #51
RobertR
C
 
RobertR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Latvia
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
Guy has a decent shot and a good scoring sense. But he is really slow.

Always thought why guy with such a great stats in AHL, didnt play in NHL. I got my answer. He looked very slow even @ KHL level.

RobertR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:38 AM
  #52
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
Guy has a decent shot and a good scoring sense. But he is really slow.

Always thought why guy with such a great stats in AHL, didnt play in NHL. I got my answer. He looked very slow even @ KHL level.
Also his defensive game is less than perfect and often is pretty lazy.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 08:01 AM
  #53
GX
Registered User
 
GX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Latvia
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Should Sejejs bring back Sprukts? And should we sign Masalskis, if Gudlevskis contract is bought out or any other deal is sorted with him moving to NA?

Also, if Gudlevskis moves away, we need another U22 player on our roster in order to have 20 players dressed.

I'd also love to see Cipulis or Stals as a depth player over all of our over-U22 forwards (Bicevskis and likely camp attendees (as they would have anything better going on in their careers..) Biezais, Upitis, M.Lipsbergs).

And I'm still hoping to see Salija and Porejs signed over the summer.

LW - Szczechura - Indrasis
Nizivijs - C - Hossa
Bukarts - Dzerins - Meija
LW - Pavlovs - U22
Bicevskis, Skvorcovs

K. Redlihs - Sotnieks
Ozolins - Robinson
Cibulskis - Rekis
Lavins

Tellqvist (Gudlevskis)

GX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 08:05 AM
  #54
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GX View Post
Should Sejejs bring back Sprukts? And should we sign Masalskis, if Gudlevskis contract is bought out or any other deal is sorted with him moving to NA?

Also, if Gudlevskis moves away, we need another U22 player on our roster in order to have 20 players dressed.

I'd also love to see Cipulis or Stals as a depth player over all of our over-U22 forwards (Bicevskis and likely camp attendees (as they would have anything better going on in their careers..) Biezais, Upitis, M.Lipsbergs).

And I'm still hoping to see Salija and Porejs signed over the summer.

LW - Szczechura - Indrasis
Nizivijs - C - Hossa
Bukarts - Dzerins - Meija
LW - Pavlovs - U22
Bicevskis, Skvorcovs

K. Redlihs - Sotnieks
Ozolins - Robinson
Cibulskis - Rekis
Lavins

Tellqvist (Gudlevskis)
This is just horrible,horrible lineup.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 08:07 AM
  #55
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
But no matter what ill support my team even in these dark times,maybe it will get better someday.I really ****ing hope so.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 05:19 AM
  #56
GX
Registered User
 
GX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Latvia
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Kind of didn't expect return of Cipulis. As long as Sējējs/Ābols doesn't intend to play him in Top 6, it's a great addition to the team.

LW - Szczechura - Indrasis
Nizivijs - C - Hossa
Cipulis - Dzerins - Meija
Bukarts - Pavlovs - U22
Bicevskis, Skvorcovs

K. Redlihs - Sotnieks
Ozolins - Robinson
Cibulskis - Rekis
Lavins

Tellqvist (Gudlevskis)

GX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 06:07 AM
  #57
seeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GX View Post
Kind of didn't expect return of Cipulis. As long as Sējējs/Ābols doesn't intend to play him in Top 6, it's a great addition to the team.

LW - Szczechura - Indrasis
Nizivijs - C - Hossa
Cipulis - Dzerins - Meija
Bukarts - Pavlovs - U22
Bicevskis, Skvorcovs

K. Redlihs - Sotnieks
Ozolins - Robinson
Cibulskis - Rekis
Lavins

Tellqvist (Gudlevskis)
u forgot about this guy
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11750
and Skvorcovs has been already released

seeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:33 AM
  #58
GX
Registered User
 
GX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Latvia
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeep View Post
u forgot about this guy
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11750
and Skvorcovs has been already released
Yeah, missed Wilson, sorry about that.

In the same time, Skvorcovs hasn't been released. KHL changed rules and, because of that, they had to sign a new deal with him. Not the first time when mistakes appear on KHL "official" transfer lists. I know that the same scenario also applies for Gudlevskis - he hasn't yet signed the new deal.

LW - Szczechura - Indrasis
Nizivijs - Wilson - Hossa
Cipulis - Dzerins - Meija
Bukarts - Pavlovs - U22
Bicevskis, Skvorcovs

K. Redlihs - Sotnieks
Ozolins - Robinson
Cibulskis - Rekis
Lavins

Tellqvist (Gudlevskis)

GX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 11:47 AM
  #59
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,239
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Any chance they sign Daugavins?

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 11:49 AM
  #60
GX
Registered User
 
GX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Latvia
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Any chance they sign Daugavins?
Unfortunately, that's quite a realistic scenario.

GX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 12:14 PM
  #61
Peter25
Registered User
 
Peter25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GX View Post
Unfortunately, that's quite a realistic scenario.
Why would signing Daugavins be a bad thing? Isn't he one of the top 5 Latvian forwards in the world?

Peter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 12:26 PM
  #62
seeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
Why would signing Daugavins be a bad thing? Isn't he one of the top 5 Latvian forwards in the world?
for his money he need to be top scorer, but he isn't good enough in this way

Sprukts, Redlihs, Darzins, Karsums, Indrasis is much better in this case

seeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 01:10 PM
  #63
GX
Registered User
 
GX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Latvia
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
Why would signing Daugavins be a bad thing? Isn't he one of the top 5 Latvian forwards in the world?
He was a nobody during the lockout. I suspect he just doesn't possess enough skill for the KHL. He is fast, has decent aggressive game - he would much better fit in Finland or Germany, for example.

And, with the limited budget Riga has, he would be signed as the LW for the top line, as it is pretty much the only roster spot left apart from some depth players.

GX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 07:53 AM
  #64
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
So we signed Kuzmenkovs-good. Ofcourse experts on SC again have no clue that Dinamo signed a talented player who i think can be a contributer in top-6 KHL role if not this season then next one definitley.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 08:02 AM
  #65
GX
Registered User
 
GX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Latvia
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Certainly a good move for both ends. There isn't a single 1993-born forward (or a good 1994-born) at the HK Riga camp, so Kuzmenkovs becomes the most realistic candidate for the junior spot on the roster.

GX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 08:36 AM
  #66
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,845
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
I agree. Certainly Kuzmenkovs have more talant than most youngsters we've iced in last seasons.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 07:06 PM
  #67
King EK65
#KuldaApproved
 
King EK65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Country: Latvia
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Saw him playing like 4-5 games here in Liepaja. Can't wait to see him playing in Riga, he's pretty talented though!

King EK65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:32 AM
  #68
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GX View Post
He was a nobody during the lockout. I suspect he just doesn't possess enough skill for the KHL. He is fast, has decent aggressive game - he would much better fit in Finland or Germany, for example.

And, with the limited budget Riga has, he would be signed as the LW for the top line, as it is pretty much the only roster spot left apart from some depth players.

in that case, use him as 3rd line checker.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:39 AM
  #69
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
in that case, use him as 3rd line checker.
We cant afford that kind of luxury,ffs were one of the poorest clubs in the league second only to Avtomobilist.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 07:02 AM
  #70
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 11,014
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalticWarrior View Post
We cant afford that kind of luxury,ffs were one of the poorest clubs in the league second only to Avtomobilist.
are you sure? they got decent $$ this time around...Kuznya, Vityaz', no?

cska78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 07:27 AM
  #71
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
are you sure? they got decent $$ this time around...Kuznya, Vityaz', no?
Well i was talking about last seasons budgets,dont know about this seasons Avtomobilists budget lol

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 10:51 AM
  #72
GX
Registered User
 
GX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Latvia
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
So, we have nine try-out players.

Does anyone else see any reason why the team should sign any of them apart from Porejs and Siksna?

GX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 09:49 PM
  #73
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,845
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GX View Post
So, we have nine try-out players.

Does anyone else see any reason why the team should sign any of them apart from Porejs and Siksna?
In a perfect world, I'd not sign any of them.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 03:30 AM
  #74
GX
Registered User
 
GX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Latvia
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
In a perfect world, I'd not sign any of them.
As much as I hate to consider Dinamo as a developmental team for the mighty "Latvian hockey", it still has certain developmental functions anyway.

It's in Dinamo's best interests to give younger Latvian players a shot at playing in the KHL. I mean, I don't see players developing outside Latvia (Blugers, Girgensons, Klavins, Kenins, Zandovskis, Merzlikins to begin with) to join Dinamo anytime soon. Nowadays clubs tend to stick to their younger players, even if they are foreigners. Without giving any of the try-out guys a chance, in a decade Dinamo might as well look like Minsk (in another decade - like Medvescak ).

In the same time, I honestly believe that Porejs might have a shot at challenging Rekis/Lavins/Cibulskis place in the line-up. Siksna might come in handy, as it would be naive to rely on sole Kuzmenkovs for the junior spot on the roster.

GX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 12:10 PM
  #75
RobertR
C
 
RobertR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Latvia
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
Started training camp today.

Video: http://sportacentrs.com/sportacentrs...ls_apmierinats

RobertR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.