HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs have spoken with Morrow

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2013, 09:15 AM
zzoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Everybody was all "Clarkson, get Clarkson" Then it was "Get Jagr, WE WANT Jagr" and no it's to Morrow. Eventually we'll just want anyone to sign with us.
Well, there are more than 300 Habs fan here, right ? Is it normal that we have different opinions ? Some want Clarkson, some want Jagr, etc. Put all of us together, we want all players.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:17 AM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Jeeze, man, what kind of bars do you go to................................................ ..........................that close at 2:00.

(I bet you thought I was gonna ask about the trannie?)
Don't know about Montreal but in Calgary the bars close around 2.

Plus it's Stampede time. One is never shocked by anything this time of year.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:18 AM
prairie hab

Well Eklund just caught whiff of Morrow to Mtl rumours so I guess we can forget about that happening now....

Old
07-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Habs

He's done, no thanks.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:21 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Well Eklund just caught whiff of Morrow to Mtl rumours so I guess we can forget about that happening now....
This joke is still so funny.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:22 AM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
From what Gio said it's a 5 month recovery so it will be tight. He could be ready for opening night or still miss 3-4 weeks. Not enough to base a replacement on.

Emelin allows us to add another player if he is on LITR to begin and that player will only have about 60% of his cap hit if it's around 2 mil I believe.

For example if you sign Fistric 4 mil 2 years to help replace Emelin, he has no cap hit while Emelin is out, then his cap hit only applies for say 50 games once Ememin is back so 50/82 x 2 mil=1.21 mil.
I guess it comes down to the money we hand out, or we're moving bodies. We do need to fill Em's spot though

Old
07-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
It's a 2-fer - funny AND accurate.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:28 AM
odishabs

He makes us better, he's full of heart. I say why not. It will definitely spell the end for one of our forwards.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Briere

Bourque - Desharnais - Gallagher

Morrow - Eller - Galchenyuk

Prust - White - Moen

At some point Gio will be back too

Old
07-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Andy

Quote:
He put up 14 points in 15 games in Pittsburgh and made an impact with the physical game(season and playoffs). Still has gas in the tank, just needs his ice time manged a bit like Prust.
Jussi Jokinen and Jarome Iginla all scored at a PPG pace after being traded to Pittsburgh. Aside from those 15 games, Morrow has shown that he has slowed down over the past 2 seasons. The Canadiens don't have the same fire power the Penguins do.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Reported for mod abuse.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:32 AM
prairie hab

Bottom line is that with Morrow in the Habs lineup, they become a harder team to play against. I do not see how anyone can not want that. I get that there has to be salary and term considerations, but from a pure hockey production and intangibles consideration you cannot go wrong here....

Old
07-10-2013, 09:33 AM
zzoo

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...te-avec-morrow

L'agent du vétéran a indiqué à la chaîne TVA Sports qu'il s'était entretenu avec l'organisation montréalaise récemment et que les choses s'étaient bien déroulées.

«Nous avons eu une bonne discussion et je suis convaincu que nous en aurons une autre bientôt», a confié Brad Devine.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:34 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
Jagr
older
costs more
only wants to be here for money
czech

morrow
younger
costs less
more heart
more gritt
wants to be here
canadian
You're missing a right?

Old
07-10-2013, 09:36 AM
prairie hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Jussi Jokinen and Jarome Iginla all scored at a PPG pace after being traded to Pittsburgh. Aside from those 15 games, Morrow has shown that he has slowed down over the past 2 seasons. The Canadiens don't have the same fire power the Penguins do.
I do not think you acquire Morrow at this point with point/goal production being the first thing in mind. He can mentor the young ones and insulate with his physical brand of play, let alone serve as an example of what it takes to be a true pro.

Emotional meltdowns during the Ottawa series tell me this team still needs some experienced vets to steady the ship.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:38 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
I do not think you acquire Morrow at this point with point/goal production being the first thing in mind. He can mentor the young ones and insulate with his physical brand of play, let alone serve as an example of what it takes to be a true pro.

Emotional meltdowns during the Ottawa series tell me this team still needs some experienced vets to steady the ship.
So a character signing, then?

Old
07-10-2013, 09:40 AM
prairie hab

Quote:
So a character signing, then?
Of course!

Old
07-10-2013, 09:40 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:

Exactly, and guys like Morrow, Parros, and, yes, even Briere (a bit), will be able to help Markov act as the calming influence and conscience...Morrow makes far more sense than Jagr, anyway...

Old
07-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Coldplay
Courage

He can probably be an effective 3rd-4th liner. I'd like to see this happen, along with a signing/trade to add some depth on D.

Old
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Jagr
older
costs more
czech

morrow
younger
costs less
more heart
more gritt
wants to be here
canadian
What a ridiculous post.

First of all, Jagr, despite being older, is still miles ahead as a hockey player compared to Morrow.

How can you tell Jagr is want to be here for money? Do you have any proof of that? Or do you have facts stating that the Habs are ready to give him more money than other teams? How can you tell Jagr wants to be here for money and Morrow is not?

How the hell can you tell Morrow have more heart? Because he throws more checks? Jagr is known for being a workhorse. In a game or in practice. He is a hard worker and a professional who loves his sport. You know if you make a quick search about worst captain last year, Morrow's name comes up a couple of time by Dallas fans. They call him lazy and take stupid, undisciplined penalties.

And finally, putting their nationalities in your argment about pros and cons for each is just racist/xenophobic. You're suggesting one is superior than the other just because of their nationalities.

Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
As a team the Habs have close to the same firepower, they don't have 2 superstar centers but 3 more balanced lines.

Morrow has slowed to be sure, but he is still a quality top 9 forward that fits well with what we need. If he hadn't slowed he'd be getting Horton money or Clarkson money(at his best he was better than Clarkson can ever dream of being).

Even at 2 years 6 mil, he'll provide close to what Clarkson will give Toronto(and he cost 36+ mil).

Old
07-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Jagr
older
costs more
czech

morrow
younger
costs less
more heart
more gritt
wants to be here
canadian
I'm not sure what's more ridiculous, your cliche xenophobia or that you think Morrow is going to take a discount to sign with Montreal.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'm not sure what's more ridiculous, your cliche xenophobia or that you think Morrow is going to take a discount to sign with Montreal.
Maybe not a discount, but he'll probably command less than Jagr. Safe bet.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Andy

Quote:
As a team the Habs have close to the same firepower, they don't have 2 superstar centers but 3 more balanced lines.

Morrow has slowed to be sure, but he is still a quality top 9 forward that fits well with what we need. If he hadn't slowed he'd be getting Horton money or Clarkson money(at his best he was better than Clarkson can ever dream of being).

Even at 2 years 6 mil, he'll provide close to what Clarkson will give Toronto(and he cost 36+ mil).
Habs have the same fire power as the Pens? What are you smoking? We don't have a single player like Crosby or Malkin to increase the point production of the players around them.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:49 AM
KingRoy33

Morrow I think would be a better fit as he can be an effective 3rd liner and will not take ice time away from the young guys like Gallagher and Galchenyuk. Jagr can't be a 3rd liner, he needs to be a top 6 player to be effective. If we run into injuries Morrow is versatile and can be thrown into a top 6 role. I like this move IF it happens.

Ohh and for those defending Jagr about him not going after the money, he's apparently wanted to come to the Habs the past 3 seasons but has yet to sign with us. Why would that be? Don't get me wrong he could prove us wrong but until then that's how it seems.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRoy33 View Post
Morrow I think would be a better fit as he can be an effective 3rd liner and will not take ice time away from the young guys like Gallagher and Galchenyuk. Jagr can't be a 3rd liner, he needs to be a top 6 player to be effective. If we run into injuries Morrow is versatile and can be thrown into a top 6 role. I like this move IF it happens.

Ohh and for those defending Jagr about him not going after the money, he's apparently wanted to come to the Habs the past 3 seasons but has yet to sign with us. Why would that be? Don't get me wrong he could prove us wrong but until then that's how it seems.
Maybe he want to come here.. but at the right price? Even if he wants to come here, he will not throw away millions if the Habs offer are much lower than other teams? Look at Vinny, apparently, he wanted to play here too...

Closed Thread