HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Stepan part of the future?

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Stepanformayor*

vCash: 500
Is Stepan part of the future?

If I was this kid I would feel like the Rangers have just punched me in the gut. What a slap to his face that Falk is resigned before him. With everything that this kid has done for this team the last three years, it is a shame that he will be last to sign. I get the RFA stuff, but to me you dont treat Mac like they did and then leave Stepan to be the last to be signed. The only thing that has happened here is that you probably pissed off Stepan and his agent. To me the deal just got a lot harder to get done because of the way you treated your leading goal scorer.

Old
07-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Colby
HFB Partner

This is non-issue.

Old
07-10-2013, 02:33 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Are you serious? Who ****ing cares what order the players get signed in?

Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

gotta love the offseason

Old
Lundsanity30

LIRL??? He's our #1 center, of course he is

Old
07-10-2013, 02:34 PM
GAGLine

You were clueless in the other thread, so you decided to announce it to everyone by making a new thread?

They are talking to Stepan's agent. The deal just hasn't gotten done yet. The fact that Falk signed before him means absolutely nothing. Falk had little negotiating leverage so there wasn't much to delay his signing. Stepan is our #1 center. He and his agent will want to be paid accordingly. Stepan is not arbitration eligible. Sather will want to keep his cap hit down. It's going to be a harder negotiation than the others, but it will get done.

Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Panic.

JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
If I was this kid I would feel like the Rangers have just punched me in the gut. What a slap to his face that Falk is resigned before him. With everything that this kid has done for this team the last three years, it is a shame that he will be last to sign. I get the RFA stuff, but to me you dont treat Mac like they did and then leave Stepan to be the last to be signed. The only thing that has happened here is that you probably pissed off Stepan and his agent. To me the deal just got a lot harder to get done because of the way you treated your leading goal scorer.
Relax duder, they are all arbitration eligible (I wouldn't even be surprised if Zuccs signed before him). Time is young in the offseason (MANY other notable players such as Henrique, Pietrangelo, etc) and I have all the confidence that there is a plan in place. Take it right from McDonagh's mouth from the press conference, we'll be hearing about his signing soon, no worries...

Old
NYRKindms

Quote:
You are assuming a lot. It could be that Stepan wants more $$ or specific accommodations like NMC etc. The players don't care what order they are signed in. They care about $$$$

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Maybe Rangers wanted to get the other easy two out of the way to see if they could offer him a LTD this year instead of a bridge deal.

Old
07-10-2013, 02:35 PM
broadwayblue

This is one of the worst threads in a while. Seriously, really bad.

Old
07-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
LOL, yea, Im sure they haven't contacted Stepan at all.

Old
07-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

this needs to be updated

Old
07-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
This is one of the worst threads in a while. Seriously, really bad.
Is Hank in our future....dump...

Old
07-10-2013, 02:40 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
OK, this is an unnecessary thread, as I think everyone has let us know. Discuss this in one of the signings threads, or something.

It's just pain.
Closed Thread