HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels Discussion II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2013, 06:27 PM
  #301
Brad Doty
Moderator
System Goalie
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,156
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
So close and yet the Dodgers still have to play next to perfect if they wanna stay in the race.

Crazy... Dodgers 4.5 back from Arizona with the last series this season coming up IIRC.

Dodgers win the series 2-1, they will be 3.5 back.
Dodgers win the series 3-0, they will be only 1.5 back.
D'backs win the series 2-1, they will improve their lead to 5.5
D'backs win the series 3-0, they will improve to 7.5 games.

Just an idea of how big this series is going to be.
Oh wow, I was just about to look up the impact of the upcoming series...that's nuts.

Brad Doty is online now  
Old
07-07-2013, 06:29 PM
  #302
21Dog
Registered User
 
21Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
It's always awesome to **** on the Gnats.
Especially at the expense of that #### Romo.

21Dog is offline  
Old
07-07-2013, 06:54 PM
  #303
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Classless LA
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,339
vCash: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Dog View Post
Especially at the expense of that #### Romo.
Loved it. Can't stand that guy.



Reclamation Project is online now  
Old
07-07-2013, 07:14 PM
  #304
Face Wash
Registered User
 
Face Wash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
So close and yet the Dodgers still have to play next to perfect if they wanna stay in the race.

Crazy... Dodgers 4.5 back from Arizona with the last series this season coming up IIRC.

Dodgers win the series 2-1, they will be 3.5 back.
Dodgers win the series 3-0, they will be only 1.5 back.
D'backs win the series 2-1, they will improve their lead to 5.5
D'backs win the series 3-0, they will improve to 7.5 games.

Just an idea of how big this series is going to be.
Too early to look at the standings. I mean if the Dodgers were playing poorly right now, yeah you look at them, but if this stretch against the division has allowed them to do anything...its allowed them the ability not to scoreboard watch. They're back to beating up the West again. if they continue to dominate the West, they have little to worry about. this division will be won or lost in September when virtually every game is a division game except for 3 with CIN.

Face Wash is offline  
Old
07-07-2013, 07:23 PM
  #305
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 40,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
Too early to look at the standings. I mean if the Dodgers were playing poorly right now, yeah you look at them, but if this stretch against the division has allowed them to do anything...its allowed them the ability not to scoreboard watch. They're back to beating up the West again. if they continue to dominate the West, they have little to worry about. this division will be won or lost in September when virtually every game is a division game except for 3 with CIN.
Getting swept would be awful though. Isn't this the last series against Arizona?

kingsholygrail is online now  
Old
07-07-2013, 09:15 PM
  #306
21Dog
Registered User
 
21Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Getting swept would be awful though. Isn't this the last series against Arizona?
They play 7 games vs. the Dbacks in Sept.

21Dog is offline  
Old
07-07-2013, 11:00 PM
  #307
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,450
vCash: 500
The best part is that Romo ditched the media to avoid talking about getting owned by AJ Ellis.

Vamos Rafa is online now  
Old
07-08-2013, 12:27 AM
  #308
21Dog
Registered User
 
21Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
The best part is that Romo ditched the media to avoid talking about getting owned by AJ Ellis.
He had plenty of time to mug for the cameras Saturday.

21Dog is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 05:09 PM
  #309
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,639
vCash: 500
Apparently Puig isnt even close to being in the lead for the fan vote. Atalanta is putting together a huge campaign to get Freddie Freeman voted in.

no name is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 05:11 PM
  #310
Brad Doty
Moderator
System Goalie
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,156
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Apparently Puig isnt even close to being in the lead for the fan vote. Atalanta is putting together a huge campaign to get Freddie Freeman voted in.
Good, keep motivating him

Even Papelbon will have to change his tune soon.

Brad Doty is online now  
Old
07-09-2013, 11:44 PM
  #311
Dawdler
Registered User
 
Dawdler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
Dodgers now 2.5 out

Dawdler is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 12:32 AM
  #312
Face Wash
Registered User
 
Face Wash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
Dodgers now 2.5 out
2 in the Loss column...as my Dad always said, always watch the loss column.

Face Wash is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 06:26 AM
  #313
Face Wash
Registered User
 
Face Wash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,040
vCash: 500
Farmar & Lamar coming back...well, The Lakers will be interesting next season. They won't be playing much defense in '13-'14.

Face Wash is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 01:58 PM
  #314
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 40,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
Farmar & Lamar coming back...well, The Lakers will be interesting next season. They won't be playing much defense in '13-'14.
Frontrunners for the championship.

kingsholygrail is online now  
Old
07-10-2013, 02:10 PM
  #315
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 28,604
vCash: 500
Bring back Robert Horry, Rick Fox, and Derek Fisher and they're all set!

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
07-10-2013, 02:42 PM
  #316
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863
Even though I have close friends who are long time Laker fans, I welcome a down period for that franchise. They have one of the worst bandwagons in sports and there is nothing else I would love more than for our local stations to start talking about the other teams. If the Lakers didn't have their run with Shaq and the subsequent Shaqless championships, we wouldn't have a loser like Mychael Thompson on local sports radio when we should have a guy like Eric Karros or Dan Moriarty.

Julius Caesar Milan is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 02:57 PM
  #317
Face Wash
Registered User
 
Face Wash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
If the Lakers didn't have their run with Shaq and the subsequent Shaqless championships, we wouldn't have a loser like Mychael Thompson on local sports radio when we should have a guy like Eric Karros or Dan Moriarty.
or even better Eric Karros being interviewed by Dan Moriarity, with questions like.."Fabio, the hair, seems to have some extra curl today?"

Face Wash is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 03:39 PM
  #318
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
Farmar & Lamar coming back...well, The Lakers will be interesting next season. They won't be playing much defense in '13-'14.
I'd rather them just tank the season. I have a feeling Odom will be rejuvenated playing for the Lakers again.

no name is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 03:54 PM
  #319
Brad Doty
Moderator
System Goalie
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,156
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I'd rather them just tank the season. I have a feeling Odom will be rejuvenated playing for the Lakers again.
Me too. We need a purge. The last thing I want is the Lakers to go all Calgary Flames on us. It's bad for everyone.

Brad Doty is online now  
Old
07-10-2013, 04:01 PM
  #320
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Classless LA
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,339
vCash: 498
I just had a mental image of Feaster wearing a Kobe jersey and a purple headband

Reclamation Project is online now  
Old
07-10-2013, 04:28 PM
  #321
TheSentinel
Registered User
 
TheSentinel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: WhereTheKingsReign
Country: United States
Posts: 1,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Me too. We need a purge. The last thing I want is the Lakers to go all Calgary Flames on us. It's bad for everyone.
+1 and

TheSentinel is online now  
Old
07-10-2013, 05:45 PM
  #322
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Even though I have close friends who are long time Laker fans, I welcome a down period for that franchise. They have one of the worst bandwagons in sports and there is nothing else I would love more than for our local stations to start talking about the other teams. If the Lakers didn't have their run with Shaq and the subsequent Shaqless championships, we wouldn't have a loser like Mychael Thompson on local sports radio when we should have a guy like Eric Karros or Dan Moriarty.
Yeah, it's July and they are still talking about the aftermath of Dwight Howard. Absolutely no respect for other teams whatsoever.

Vamos Rafa is online now  
Old
07-10-2013, 05:52 PM
  #323
jfont
Registered User
 
jfont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 15,220
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
Farmar & Lamar coming back...well, The Lakers will be interesting next season. They won't be playing much defense in '13-'14.
The cup is ours!

Oh, wait...

__________________
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off
jfont is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 06:01 PM
  #324
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 13,832
vCash: 500
- O - T - T - E - R - Y

Herby is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 09:38 PM
  #325
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,464
vCash: 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Bring back Robert Horry, Rick Fox, and Derek Fisher and they're all set!
I vote for Jim Chones and Mark Landsberger.

Black1963 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.