HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ridiculous: Perezhogin treatment

Old
10-27-2006, 08:15 AM
Madevilz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_sanch View Post

Perezhogin - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Plekanec - Ryder
Samsonov - Bonk - Johnson
Latendresse - Begin - Murray

Koivu remains a set-up guy who has proven he can find Kovalev while Pleks plays a similar role to that of Koivu and with the chemistry Higgins and Ryder already have, can thrive on the 2nd line.
your thoughts?
gotta be crazy to break Higgins-Koivu, those two were made to play together

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 08:23 AM
!nkubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagaka View Post
Put Lats, Perez and Bonk together and everyone's happy.
Lats Johnson and Bonk

Perez played awesome on the 4th. But we could also put Kovy center and have Perez Kovy Sammy, and Murray - Plek - Begin (back at the wing)

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Nova_Scotia_Vees

I was so pissed off when i seen that perez was playing on the 4th line . He still played a great game and when he was on the ice ( the little amount of time he was) he made things happen..Lets just hope like another poster said they were just seeing if Tender could stick it out and Perez will be there on Saturday.

Nova_Scotia_Vees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 10:21 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Perezhogin looked good on that fourth line. He made it (finally) a legitimately solid line and drove the net several times.

I didn't think Latendresse looked too bad on the second line. He made a few nice plays.

I'd keep this lineup for another game or two, see how things look. Samsonov definitely looked good (IMO) with Bonk and Johnson.

If Perezhogin's getting fourth line ice-time, then he needs to get spot duty on a higher line at times (put him in Latendresse's spot at times), so that he sees at least 12-13 minutes of ice-time per game. But having him on the fourth-line for a little while isn't terrible; he'll make that a legitimate line and gain some experience being the offensive catalyst of a line.

At this point, Perezhogin's able to develop anywhere you put him. He's really developing to the point where he's a versatile player that can contribute everywhere.
The skating of that fourth line was great. I thought Zhogi was effective.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 10:25 AM
oop007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_sanch View Post
As taboo as it would be to break up our top line, I don't see Carbo having much of a choice if he wants more than one line to produce...
I think some line juggling along these lines could work...

Perezhogin - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Plekanec - Ryder
Samsonov - Bonk - Johnson
Latendresse - Begin - Murray

Koivu remains a set-up guy who has proven he can find Kovalev while Pleks plays a similar role to that of Koivu and with the chemistry Higgins and Ryder already have, can thrive on the 2nd line.
your thoughts?
That's not a bad idea for lines.

I've thought for some time now sammy/bonk/johnson, lat/begin/murray imo shudnt change.

Higgins-Plek-Ryder cud be lethal but I dunno if Pleks can handle it yet(he will be a god come the second half of the season though just watch, so keeping him on a good line is definitely a good thing)

And the Perezhogin - Koivu - Kovalev is a good idea, but dunno how it would work out. Could be great for perez though, to have two gifted playmakers/goal scorers on his line, and he is fast. Shud be an awesome idea actually.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Pascal

Perezhogin and higgins are my two favorite players on this team. Unfortunately the habs are overloaded on the wings, so people like Kots and Perez are not getting the chances they deserve.

Something will need to happen.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 11:04 AM
oli500

While perezhogin is playing some good hockey, hes not puting the puck in the net and hes supose to be a player whos able to score goals. Hes going to get a shot on the second line some time soon and when does he better start producing because hes supose to be an offensive player. This is perezhogin second year and I got to say im really not impressed with his progresion. I dont have a problem with the effort hes putting up but for a player who was drafted for his offensive skills I dont see any glimps of a offensive player or a player that can become a offensive force. Time well tell what kind of player hes going to become. Once he gets the chance to shine on offense he better start producing.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 11:10 AM
Garp

Please people calm down!

Perez was really good on the 4th line and Lats was Ok (but that entire 2nd line was nothing more than Ok). I think that it became cool to hate Latendresse. (oh he's ther because he's french, Oh he was horrible) It was only his first freaking game on the 2nd line! nd for those who want Kost (who I really like as a prospect) tell me why. Is he dominating the AHL? No (I know he was injured but anyways) If there is someone to recall it would be Lapierre or Chipchura! Anyways, I'm really nervous right now because I'm afraid to see all the fans reacting like you are with Latendresse and I think that would be really bad for his development.

P.S. I'm not a Latendresse lover or anything but I'm not cool enough to bash him...

Garp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 11:30 AM
catmanhabsfan

i dont think anyones trying to bash latendresse, but any one who actually watches habs games regularly will have to agree perez is playing much much better then lats. yeah so what he only has 2 points..well lats has 0. perez is in the + lats in -. perez looks dangerous almost every shift, and doesnt stop working. perez is hitting more than lats. lats only hits about 3 seconds after the guy lets go of the puck because he's so slow getting there. I still think lats will turn out a pretty good player, but fair is fair. perez has earned the chance to play more. hes put in 2 years in the ahl, 1 season back home, and his 2nd season with the habs. and now hes playing his *** off and never never takes a shift off. putting him on the 4th line is an insult to a player who deserves more. lats is lucky imho hes not being sent back to junior where i think he actually belongs right now. hes definately no patrice bergeron of a few years ago.

catmanhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 11:35 AM
hab

why would you break up a 3RD line that is playing so well together... makes no

sense, he should have sat samsonov if he wasnt happy with his play

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 12:00 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab View Post
why would you break up a 3RD line that is playing so well together...
What makes that line tick is Bonk-Johnson -- like Koivu-Higgins, only more so. Perez does his thing a little bit more so the impact of replacing him is not as great.

Sammy is notoriously difficult to find linemates for, so if he's effective and happy on that line, best leave him there. Perezhogin is much more adaptable and can play on the 2nd or 4th.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 12:37 PM
LePoche69

Don't get me wrong, I like Perez a lot and I'm ready to wait again a full year before he starts to produce on a regular basis. And I do think that Lats was sent to the second line too fast (while I aknowledge that it was to try what management dreamt when they try to sign Shanahan)

That said, I do think 4th line is what is best for Perez right now.

To be honnest, all he has showed me this year is a great work ethic, dedication, a willingness to go into corners, an ok-to-good defensive game, and of course speed. But that's it, and it's perfrect for a fourth line that should give us some goals here and there.

For now, the rest of his game has still a lot of flaws that prevent him to produce enough for the first 2 lines.

His decision making is not very good, I find. For example, he often try to go to the net through 2 d-man instead of slowing his entry like he could and wait for his partners. He shoots when he should have pass, and try complicated things when he should have shoot.

Moreover, from what I saw, his shot is nothing to write home about, neither strong nor accurate. Ok shot, I guess, but nothing more. And his passing game is pretty average. His dekes never caused any problems to true NHL d-men.

I do think he can put it all togheter with patience. He has talent. But it remains to be seen.

and please take note : I do like him and I don't try to compare or justify Lats' presence on the second line. I'm just stating that to me, it's a good idea to place him on the fourth line. He could jump start Begin and Murray for a little more offense.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Darz

I don't think there is anything here to get worked up over.

I do agree with the majority that Perezhogin has played great this year to date. I would imagine in many ways Carbo and other have let him know that he has really done well this short year, and to 'keep it up'.

As for the Latendresse audition on the second line, I have to believe it was a one game thing. Carbo wanted to change up the second line and put a no nonsence, go to the net type guy on that line, and Latendresse fit the bill. I would imagine come Saturday Latendresse will be back on the 4th line...or maybe 3rd, who knows.

Right now, I think the major problem on the second line is Kovalev. I don't think it's a fluke that every player he has played with has played better NOT on his line. Kovy right now is off his game. He's passing when he should deke or shoot, and dekeing and shooting when he should be passing. He is not in a groove. I assume this will work inself out (hopefully in the near future...um, how about Saturday versus the Laffs?). But until then, the second line is going to be in disarray. No doubt in my mind.

...and on the positive side...check out our recond this season and consider we have that record with very little contribution from a couple of our better players (Kovy, Sammy).

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

10-27-2006, 01:37 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8 View Post
This is ridiculous...

I just watched the end of 2nd and 3rd period ..

can someone tell me how Perezhogin, who is playing some of his best hockey gets only 8 minutes of ice time ??
because everything possible must be done to accommodate NO GOALS LATENDERESSE even if it is to the detriment of individual players or the team .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 01:40 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
because everything possible must be done to accommodate NO GOALS LATENDERESSE even if it is to the detriment of individual players or the team .
Bullseye!!! Now if you'll excuse me I have to go fire up the "Latendresse excuse mill" so that it'll be ready for his non-productive game against the leafs tomorrow.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 02:24 PM
bipolarhabfan

Perezhogin has been playing very well this season and deserves to be in a better line. He should not be playing only 8 minutes a game. The lineup should look something like this:

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Perzhogin-Kovalev-Samsonov
Johnson-Bonk-Plekanec
Tender-Begin-Murray

We must all remember that Maxim Afinogenov took a significant amount of time to become the player he is today. Therefore, we should not give up on a player of Perezhigin's skill level.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Nova_Scotia_Vees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan14741 View Post
Perezhogin has been playing very well this season and deserves to be in a better line. He should not be playing only 8 minutes a game. The lineup should look something like this:

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Perzhogin-Kovalev-Samsonov
Johnson-Bonk-Plekanec
Tender-Begin-Murray

We must all remember that Maxim Afinogenov took a significant amount of time to become the player he is today. Therefore, we should not give up on a player of Perezhigin's skill level.
I like these lines but would Pleks be ok on the wing?

Nova_Scotia_Vees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 02:27 PM
MathMan

This fashion of bashing on Latendresse's supposed preferential treatment is getting old.

Does Carbo strike you as the type to play a guy that doesn't produce to make the media happy? I'm sure he's disappointed with Lats' production, but if he plays him on the second line, it's because he has a plan, not because of media whinging.

That plan might simply have been to try to make him gain confidence against a cellar-dweller, though it was shot when Kovy was tossed.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Slick Nick

I don't understand Carbo no this..

Unless he really wanted to reward Latendresse, Perezhogin's demotion is totally sensless. What was wrong with the second line; first they didn't produce enough and second they sucked big time defensively.

Fine, Lats is scoreless and hasn't even registered a good shot on the net yet, but I can understand he has scorer instincts and that might work for the offensive side... but how the hell are you going to imrove the defensive liability of the second line by placing Lats (-5), who's the worse player in terms of defence on this team?

On the other hand, you have Perezhogin (+3) who along side Plekanec had very good playoffs.. and who along side Kovy had a great season start last year.. who has been among the best players since the start of the season, who's one of the best backcheckers on this team and who has the same amount of points than Plekanec who's played with quality partenrs and had a ton of ice time... and you demote this player instaed of trying to match him with 2 players he had succes with last year?

Ok he hasn't scored yet... with limited icetime and no PP time he still managed to ring 2 posts, had many very good opportunities and has created great chances for his linmates. And what about all the Carbo "display effort and you will be rewarded" thing, can anyone argue about Zhogy's lack of effort so far?

turn anyway you want, this is unfair and stupid.

IMO this simply demonstarted Carbo has chocked after the Samsonov and his agent thing, and instead of putting Lats back where he belogs he took the easy option of demoting Perezhogin because the media wouldn't cry about it.

Last edited by Slick Nick: 10-27-2006 at 02:38 PM.
Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 02:39 PM
kostitsyn1489

Perezhogin really deserve more ice time... no doubt about that. The 3rd line didnt had a lot of chance last year and perez played there like 3 shift and they almost score...

Perez right now is what fans want sammy to do. Perezhogin is playing well everywhere carbo use him. The 2nd line had a great couple of shift when perez remplace Sammy. 4th line never been as good as yesterday and the 3rd line was less effective vs Boston.

Kost deserve more then Latendresse now. Kostitsyn was better then Latendresse during the broadcasted pre-season game and most fo pre-season I think they were pretty equal. But they keep Guillaume "I will be redrafted if you dont keep me" Latendresse because he didnt want to go back in the Q. Some says Kostitsyn didnt burn AHL ok. But did Latendresse burn the Q? NOT AT ALL!!!! It's not a good fit for both but Kostitstyn played very well last year in NHL. I think we should give him a shot.

Anyway lets play perez on the 2nd line saturay as he deserve and it should be all right.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 02:52 PM
All-Star

The first, third, and fourth lines looked good last nite vs only the first and third lines previously.

Carbo may be on to something...

Some of you guys need to relax; we won for christ sakes!

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 02:59 PM
pepperMonkey

Ugg, all this nonsense about Perez getting shafted and Lats doesn't deserve to be on the 2nd line blah blah blah is starting to erk me. My lord, everyone please just take a deep breath and calm down.
For those who are pissed about Perez preceived demotion and the like...a question. Do you REALLY want him to be stuck in the line as disfunctional as the 2nd line?
Besides, we must get Kovy and Sammy to start producing, and if that means shafting a player or promoting a nondeserving player to do it, why the heck not? Which is more important? To get Kovy and Sammy to produce or to award a rookie (okay, so he isn't exactly a rookie but hell, it's only his second year) who hasn't really turned on the lights of the opponents nets? I dare say, it's more important to get the vets to produce because simply said, there is a greater chance of them producing more than Perez. They will do what they must to get those two to produce. So if that means Perez goes to the 4th, then so be it.
As for who deserves it more, Perez or Lats, err...who cares. All they did was look at the wingers and picked who they thought would suit that particular line better, not who is perceived to earn it more! I mean, if Murray worked his a*s off day in and day out, and Koivu had a streak of games where he didn't seem to be trying, do you think ANYONE would be crazy enough to switch the two and put Murray on the 1st line because he "earned" it more than the Koivu? If they think Lats fits the 2nd line more than Perez, fine. Deal with it. Life's not fair. Live with it.
And finally, and most importantly of all...people, it was ONE game! Not one season, not 10 games, but ONE measly insignificant game.

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 03:08 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Perez right now is what fans want sammy to do.
Except for him actually producing.

Old
10-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Except for him actually producing.
They both still produce more than Latendresse which is the point of this thread.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 03:30 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark View Post
They both still produce more than Latendresse which is the point of this thread.
True, but in that case, read my prior thread.