HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thoughts on Stewart now

Old
05-20-2013, 07:43 PM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
How is someone like him supposed to score going to the net when we don't have anyone who can actually pass to the slot. I mean literally pass it to the player, not just throw it past the crease over, and over, and over, and over. Our players completely gave up on going to the front of the net because the puck never went there without a d-man doing all the damn work.

If Polak has to pinch on every other shift just to get the puck in deep and play it where the hell are our goal scorers going to be setting up? His pass could end up anywhere in the zone for all they know, or more than likely right on a Kings player's stick going the other way...
This is a solid point. I'd include Stewart in a trade for a sniper if need be, but IF we try to acquire a playmaking center, you keep Stewart and put him on that guy's wing. Then he would be putting in 30 goals a season.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:00 AM
actionhank1786

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
This is a solid point. I'd include Stewart in a trade for a sniper if need be, but IF we try to acquire a playmaking center, you keep Stewart and put him on that guy's wing. Then he would be putting in 30 goals a season.
Agreed.
He's seemed streaky, but at the same time, all of our goal scorers are having to do a lot of their own production when it comes to making their own offense.
With a solid center i think Stewart could really light up.

actionhank1786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 11:27 AM
bluesman11
Robert Johnson

vCash: 300
I believe they'll sign him, but if he were traded I'm sure he'll help upgrade the roster from that trade at least in the short-term. But I believe he should stay even though there are very good points being made about how he disappears in big games or in games where his physical play would be an obvious help against teams like LA. But I also believe he's one of their best goal scores and he's still very young and for the reason you can't teach size I believe they'll resign him.

I just see trading him could be a very big mistake when he's 27 to 32 years old dominating in a way we all thought he should have been dominating in his early 20's. Patience is the way I think they'll handle his development.

But I really do see the other side especially because of last year and how he was just awful because he was out of shape, and seemed to play with no heart game in and game out, this one isn't an easy decision.

bluesman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 02:02 AM
Bergeron47

vCash: 966
Any idea at what Stewart's new contract might look like this summer?

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Beaudangles19

hey pens fan hear id love Stewart on the pens what would it take?

Beaudangles19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:06 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaudangles13 View Post
A great forward prospect and a pick.

Edit: The only way that happens is if they fill the scoring role in another manner, which isn't likely. Stewart needs to be in the deal of getting an upgrade for it to make any sense...Which you guys don't have available.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 05:30 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Beau Bennett and Simon Despres

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 05:39 AM
Beaudangles19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Beau Bennett and Simon Despres
no

Beaudangles19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 06:26 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
no
It was worth a shot. I don't see where the Blues can afford to let him go. They get little offense elsewhere and no one besides Reaves to keep the other team honest. No one else on their roster is very capable at standing up for their teammates effectively. (key word is effectively....some try)

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674
Blues qualified Stewart today. Any chance he just accepts the qualifying offer? Or do you guys think he goes to arbitration?

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 06:32 PM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Oliker View Post
Blues qualified Stewart today. Any chance he just accepts the qualifying offer? Or do you guys think he goes to arbitration?
QO is just a safety net. Even if he files for arbitration, the Blues will likely work something out sooner.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 08:29 AM
stlweir

After Stewart arrived in Stl he caught fire and I think many of us thought he was a guy that could score 40+. Looking at his career Stewart never scored more than 37 goals in Juniors and more than 28 in the pros. Will he ever score more than 30-35 in a season in the NHL and probably score in the upper 20s.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:52 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
After Stewart arrived in Stl he caught fire and I think many of us thought he was a guy that could score 40+. Looking at his career Stewart never scored more than 37 goals in Juniors and more than 28 in the pros. Will he ever score more than 30-35 in a season in the NHL and probably score in the upper 20s.
He's been on pace for 30 goals three times already in his career and he's only been in the league for 5 seasons (28 in 62, 28 in 77, 18 in 48). He easily has the talent to be a 30-goal scorer. He's the best scorer on our roster. That's why I really don't see the point in trading him unless he's asking for completely outrageous money. He's only had 1 bad season to date.

Old
07-07-2013, 09:05 AM
WingsOverAvs
Non Right Winger

LOVE to get him in DET. Exactly the kind of young player they need

WingsOverAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 09:09 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 2238
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOverAvs View Post
LOVE to get him in DET. Exactly the kind of young player they need
Probably have to wait a year or two for the Redwing hate to subside before you get fans agreeing on a potential trade, haha.

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 10:48 PM
odishabs

What would you guys be looking for?

odishabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674
Stewart filed for arbitration:
http://bleedinblue.com/2013/07/10/ch...r-arbitration/

I'm hoping it does not come to that...you never know what deal the arbitration results in. I'm hoping they do sign him for Oshie money or a bit more.

What do you guys think he will get (assuming he signs before arbitration)?

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 01:44 PM
BlueDream

Well Backes' 4.5 is likely once again serving as out internal cap, so hopefully he just gets a bit more than 4 mil per year. Around Oshie money would be about right.

Considering what some of these other players like Clowe, Horton, and Clarkson are getting (which is ridiculous), I can understand why Stewart is holding out for more. I just hope those contracts don't end up screwing us.

Old
07-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
What would you guys be looking for?
Most of us aren't really interested in moving him. The only player on the Habs I'd be interested in trading for is Galchenyuk. And for understandable reason that wouldn't happen.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 03:08 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Interesting stuff on Chris and Anthony Stewart.

I believe one of the Blues beat writers did a brief story about this last summer but this goes way more in depth on the background of the Stewart family.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...-their-way-out

TheOrganist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 03:48 PM
BlueDream

Yeah that's a good article.

I can't imagine what they went through. Didn't get any better since their mom passed away after Chris was drafted either. That's awful.

I'm really rooting for Chris. Anthony may not be more than an AHL'er at this point but Chris has a high ceiling.

Old
07-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

The main reason why I would elect to keep Stewart, is that he's the type of guy that will stick up for his teammates no matter what. The environment he grew up in meant that he had to learn to defend himself against the bigger kids, and he really embraces the aspect of family. He really seems to get along with Tarasenko which is great to see as well.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:29 PM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
The main reason why I would elect to keep Stewart, is that he's the type of guy that will stick up for his teammates no matter what. The environment he grew up in meant that he had to learn to defend himself against the bigger kids, and he really embraces the aspect of family. He really seems to get along with Tarasenko which is great to see as well.
Stewart really does seem like a very good person and teammate.

I think the Blues had kind of a sour lockerroom when they were bad and they needed guys like Guerin and Hinote to keep them from becoming a complete mess. In 09-10, when Hinote was gone, the players in their 20's weren't ready to take ownership of the team and none of the Blues' real veterans were able to give the team a real identity. Tkachuk, Kariya, McDonald, Brewer. The only strong personality there is Tkachuk and he was notoriously moody and was clearly at the very end of his career. The team was just weird and out of focus.

Even though their depth and talent developed and they made good trades to put them back in contention, I think it's no mistake that the Blues are good now that they have added more good personalities.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
Stewart really does seem like a very good person and teammate.

I think the Blues had kind of a sour lockerroom when they were bad and they needed guys like Guerin and Hinote to keep them from becoming a complete mess. In 09-10, when Hinote was gone, the players in their 20's weren't ready to take ownership of the team and none of the Blues' real veterans were able to give the team a real identity. Tkachuk, Kariya, McDonald, Brewer. The only strong personality there is Tkachuk and he was notoriously moody and was clearly at the very end of his career. The team was just weird and out of focus.

Even though their depth and talent developed and they made good trades to put them back in contention, I think it's no mistake that the Blues are good now that they have added more good personalities.
When you have guys like Stewart, Oshie, and Reaves, I think the locker room will always be pretty chill.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 09:54 AM
LightSoundGeometry
Light,Sound,Geometry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
Thoughts?

Streaky player for (insert reasons here)

is big and has fought and scored at this level before.

enigma ?

LightSoundGeometry is offline   Reply With Quote