HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mats Zuccarello Re-signs (1 year, $1.15M)

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Didn't something similar happen where Jiri Hudler signed in Europe before his arbitration date a couple of years back?
If I remember correctly, Hudler didn't like contract and so signed in Russia--but he still had to honor it when he came back. In any case, Zuccarello has said over and over that he wants to play in the NHL. Filing for arbitration is just another signal that he wants to be here.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Zil

If it comes down to it, I'd rather lock Stepan up long-term at a favorable AAV than keep Zucc and have to sign Step to a bridge contract.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
If it comes down to it, I'd rather lock Stepan up long-term at a favorable AAV than keep Zucc and have to sign Step to a bridge contract.
Step will get the contract they have always intended to give him. Someone else will be gone though

Old
07-10-2013, 06:10 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The CBA doesn't allow the Rangers to shed money that easily anymore. $925,000. Brooks has written the Rangers have $1.25M budgeted for Zuccarello. The new CBA doesn't allow walk-aways below $3.5M which is up substantially from the $1M and change from the previous CBA. Meehan obviously wants more than $1.25M. Can Sather trade this guy? Is there interest from another team?

Old
07-10-2013, 06:16 PM
nevesis

I really don't mind if Zuccarello doesn't come back. People here make him out to be some elite player. He's invisible, ineffective most of the time. His vision is good and creative, but thats only because everyone else on our team ISN'T.

Move away from players like him, and focus on players with the ability to bury the puck in the net. Not just during shootouts.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:20 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The CBA doesn't allow the Rangers to shed money that easily anymore. $925,000. Brooks has written the Rangers have $1.25M budgeted for Zuccarello. The new CBA doesn't allow walk-aways below $3.5M which is up substantially from the $1M and change from the previous CBA. Meehan obviously wants more than $1.25M. Can Sather trade this guy? Is there interest from another team?
Find a way to move Pyatt and his 1.55 MIL. Problem Solved.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Lundsanity30

Zucc won't be awarded much at all, what has he done in the NHL exactly to warrant it

Old
07-10-2013, 06:32 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
This buys time for both parties.
Time to sign Stepan, then figure out what Zucc gets. I don't think this makes it to arbitration.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:37 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
IMO Pouliot signing adds flexibility to move Pyatt if necessary.

What I want to think about less is the Moore signing when there is Lindberg with so much potential to fill the same role, the role of 4th line pivot that might be vacated by Brian Boyle, if the team chose to move him. Personally I'd rather see Boyle move up in the lineup and even to RW, though this is the salary cap crunch year and there may be casualties.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:42 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
IMO Pouliot signing adds flexibility to move Pyatt if necessary.

What I want to think about less is the Moore signing when there is Lindberg with so much potential to fill the same role, the role of 4th line pivot that might be vacated by Brian Boyle, if the team chose to move him. Personally I'd rather see Boyle move up in the lineup and even to RW, though this is the salary cap crunch year and there may be casualties.
I was looking forward to Lindberg getting a chance. Unless Boyle and Richards are both shifted to wing I don't see how he comes up and plays. I do like the Moore signing, hope the best works out for him.

Really what it comes down to is Richards coming back. I just don't understand it. Hope he can return to form but had we just bought him out there wouldn't be any cap problems and Lindberg would have a realistic chance to make the team IMO.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:44 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Zuccarello has 11 goals and 34 points in 67 career NHL games. 7 points in 13 career playoff games.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:45 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Pyatt should be moved with or without Zuccarello on the team.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Zuccarello has 11 goals and 34 points in 67 career NHL games. 7 points in 13 career playoff games.
which is pretty good stats. I would be happy with a 40 pts season from Zucc

Old
07-10-2013, 06:49 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Random thought/question:

Can a player's rights be traded after filing for arbitration but before the hearing?

Essentially, any team that would have traded for Zucc previously would have to take some risk that he wasn't going to bolt to Europe. Now that risk is removed.

Not that it's likely at all...I'm just curious more than anything else.
Yes, he can be traded at this time.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:51 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Pyatt should be moved with or without Zuccarello on the team.
Agreed, I just don't see a place for him right now. If he is just going to be a placeholder until Cally or Hags returns i'd rather him be dealt and let a younger player get a chance to play.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:52 PM
DudMan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I really don't mind if Zuccarello doesn't come back. People here make him out to be some elite player. He's invisible, ineffective most of the time. His vision is good and creative, but thats only because everyone else on our team ISN'T.

Move away from players like him, and focus on players with the ability to bury the puck in the net. Not just during shootouts.
Hit the nail on the head. Too many guys that are "playmakers", and not enough guys that can put the ****ing biscuit in the basket.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:53 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers have 14 forwards on one way contracts with Zuccarello filing for arbitration and Stepan re-signing in the future. Kreider,Miller,Kristo,Lindberg and Fast(h) on 2 way contracts. That's 19 forwards.

LW
Hagelin
Kreider
Pouliot
Pyatt
Powe

C
Stepan
Brassard
Richards
Moore
Boyle
Miller
Lindberg

RW
Nash
Callahan
Zuccarello
Dorsett
Asham
Kristo
Fasth

Old
07-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post

So wouldnt that make a great argument to KEEP HIM???

Old
07-10-2013, 06:56 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
which is pretty good stats. I would be happy with a 40 pts season from Zucc
At what price? He has 34 points in 67 career games.

Old
07-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
34 points in 67 games is a lot better then players putting up half those numbers for well more then a rumored 1.25 price tag.

Old
07-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Green Blob*

We have posters crying all season about too many grinders not enough skill, now we have this.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Old
07-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Lindberg Cheese

Quote:
Id take him at 2 mil max and try to move Pyatt, demote asham / powe, promote Haley as 13th, its tight but Litrs for cally and hags gives us some breathing room above what kristo / miller make. Carrying 12F for home games gives us a bit more. Forget about trade deadline deals.

Old
07-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Greg02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
We have posters crying all season about too many grinders not enough skill, now we have this.

You just can't make this stuff up.
Dude, people complain about everything here. People complain about too many grinders not enough skill, too much skill (soft players) not enough grinders (big/tough players), they complain about Hank letting in soft goals and Hank being left out to dry, the coach making line changes and the coach not adjusting...

Old
07-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Jim Ramsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
Dude, people complain about everything here. People complain about too many grinders not enough skill, too much skill (soft players) not enough grinders (big/tough players), they complain about Hank letting in soft goals and Hank being left out to dry, the coach making line changes and the coach not adjusting...
I see what you're saying here but Its more the fact is that there are a lot of people on these forums and they all have different ideas on how a Stanley cup winning team should be assembled....

As far as Zucc goes I really liked his creativity and definitely want him back on this team, but not at the expense of giving Stepan a contract he deserves... Zucc shouldn't even be on the radar until Stepan is signed.

Old
07-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor

Money to sign zucc should be a non issue, move pyatt and his 1.55 mil cap, nobody will know he's gone and I highly doubt anyone would care at all

Closed Thread