HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yak/Eberle for OEL

Old
07-10-2013, 05:58 PM
DesertDawg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
No it's not, not even close from Edmonton's POV.
...or from Arizona's POV!!!

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post

OEL is a great defenceman, don't get me wrong but no way in hell is he worth that. I would do Ebs for him straight and that is pretty fair really.
Yeah YOU would, but Maloney wouldn't. Maloney doesn't want an even swap when it comes to his high profile players, he wants an overpayment.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Pongs21

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
It would take something stupid like Nuge, Yakupov, and Klefbom to even get that conversation started. I'm dead serious. Let's stop while we are ahead.
That's just ridiculous OEL is an amazing D man, but, there's 3-5 players in the league that would demand such a return and OEL is not one of them

Pongs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Neatman

Quote:
It would take something stupid like Nuge, Yakupov, and Klefbom to even get that conversation started. I'm dead serious. Let's stop while we are ahead.
You should have stopped before making that post then...

Eberle for OEL isn't close. Yakupov for OEL doesn't make sense for phoenix because they're losing their #1D for a winger who may be better someday.

Realistically OEL is worth ~ Hall. Cant see either team wanting to do that.

Phoenix fans can spend all day saying that #1Dmen>#1Wingers, but at the end of the day winning teams have strengths in all positions. This huge imbalance between the importance of positions is fashion, not substance.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongs21 View Post
That's just ridiculous OEL is an amazing D man, but, there's 3-5 players in the league that would demand such a return and OEL is not one of them
There isn't a player in the league worth that. At all. That's a possible franchise center, possible franchise winger, and top pairing prospect. You could get Crosby/Malkin for that and still come out a loser by miles.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Dylonus

Quote:
No it's not, not even close from Edmonton's POV.
I didn't say it was. I just said it was more reasonable. OEL is that valuable.

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 06:01 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Both for Ekman makes for good value. Not a fit for Yotes unless they decide to change style.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
You should have stopped before making that post then...

Eberle for OEL isn't close. Yakupov for OEL doesn't make sense for phoenix because they're losing their #1D for a winger who may be better someday.

Realistically OEL is worth ~ Hall. Cant see either team wanting to do that.

Phoenix fans can spend all day saying that #1Dmen>#1Wingers, but at the end of the day winning teams have strengths in all positions. This huge imbalance between the importance of positions is fashion, not substance.
.....and we have strength in all positions. Which is why we have been a highly competitive team for multiple years now. We aren't going to trade our number one defenseman for a 1st line winger when you have a higher chance of drafting one mid-first round, rather than praying for a lottery pick to get another defenseman to fill his role.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Hall
Nuge
Yakupov
Eberle
Schultz
Klefbom

for

OEL

Deal?

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
There isn't a player in the league worth that. At all. That's a possible franchise center, possible franchise winger, and top pairing prospect. You could get Crosby/Malkin for that and still come out a loser by miles.
Yeah maybe it wouldn't take Nuge, Eberle/Yak and Klefbom, but it would definitely take more than just Yakupov or Eberle.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:05 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Only Oiler fans would suggest a collection of young players (however talented) that have collectively proved nothing would be worth more than league MVPs. There's the disconnect. I clearly stated it would take a stupid over-payment for Maloney to entertain the idea. Coyote fans are not interested in discussing the merits of a 'value for value' trade.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Both teams dealing from a strength to address a weakness.

To Phoenix - Jordan Eberle or Nail Yakupov

To Edmonton - OEL

Go!
Wouldn't do that if I am Phoenix, you need to sweeten the pot a lot more for me to even part with OEL.

Interactif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Hall
Nuge
Yakupov
Eberle
Schultz
Klefbom

for

OEL

Deal?
what would you want from the Coyotes for Nuge?? Guarantee most of you will say OEL+

In fact i have seen Edmonton fans suggest it. Let's just each keep our favorite shiny toys and call it day.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Only Oiler fans would suggest a collection of young players (however talented) that have collectively proved nothing would be worth more than league MVPs. There's the disconnect. I clearly stated it would take a stupid over-payment for Maloney to entertain the idea. Coyote fans are not interested in discussing the merits of a 'value for value' trade.
Bingo. End of story.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:09 PM
letowskie

Quote:
The fact is that OEL is a #1 D right now, and can still get better; he fits the Yotes perfectly, and is a rare commodity in the league. Either Eberle or Yaq by himself doesn't come close to the value of someone like OEL.

Like I said, 2 of your big 4 is the STARTING place for negotiations; anything less wouldn't even get you a return phone call.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Neatman

Color me surprised that the 100th OEL to Edmonton thread this year once again goes down in flames of homerism

It'll be interesting to see what all the players discussed here look like in 3-5 years. That's all I have left to say.

Old
07-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Interactif

Only way Phoenix even entertains a deal of OEL is if Taylor Hall is coming the other way.

Interactif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Quote:
No, not even for both. End of thread.
You're being ridiculous

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 06:54 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Phoenix says no and then offers OEL + 1st rounder for either have both forwards have 45+ goal seasons 2 years later. ^^

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 07:01 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Phoenix says no and then offers OEL + 1st rounder for either have both forwards have 45+ goal seasons 2 years later. ^^
You mean after Oliver Ekman- Larsson wins his first Norris? I doubt it.

Old
07-10-2013, 07:09 PM
T-Funk

Oh wow......just wow.

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
...or from Arizona's POV!!!
Yandle for Yak is not fair from Arizona's POV ?? Can I have a puff of what your smoking.

Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 07:26 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Yandle for Yak is not fair from Arizona's POV ?? Can I have a puff of what your smoking.
So you don't know how good Yandle is and what he means to the Coyotes! Watch this next season and be surprised. I've seen Yandle pick up his game in the playoffs, haven't seen any of the Oilers 'top 4' in the post season, so it's hard to make any assessment of their ability to 'pick up their game' when they are needed the most.

Old
07-10-2013, 07:38 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
So you don't know how good Yandle is and what he means to the Coyotes! Watch this next season and be surprised. I've seen Yandle pick up his game in the playoffs, haven't seen any of the Oilers 'top 4' in the post season, so it's hard to make any assessment of their ability to 'pick up their game' when they are needed the most.
Yandle is a ridiculously overrated Dman who only looks good inside of PHX's system. I'd want nothing to do with him.

Way too many people out to lunch on value for those players. Oilers "NOPE" it up all day on that proposal.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 07:59 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Yandle is a ridiculously overrated Dman who only looks good inside of PHX's system. I'd want nothing to do with him.

Way too many people out to lunch on value for those players. Oilers "NOPE" it up all day on that proposal.
I don't like it when you say out to lunch on value for those players! You should have stated that the value is to their respective teams and how they are built around that type of players. To think that the Coyotes have a defense first system and their top offensive player is a d-man should give you pause to think about his true value! His stats would increase on an offense first system. But I do agree that Yandle wouldn't perform well in such an undisciplined enigmatic system that has been Oilers hockey. On a team like the Bruins or Flyers his stats would be between at least 10 to 20% higher.