HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I know I know... dont touch the working line BUT...

Old
10-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Louis Houde

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
I know I know... dont touch the working line BUT...

Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev
Samsonov-Higgins-Ryder
Latendresse-Bonk-Johnson
Begin-Plekanec-Downey

With these lines, I think every player would play his own best.

Perezhogin is a hungry player, he deserves to play on the first line with his intensity.Kovalev would finally get player he performed with last year.

Like a edmonton journalist said, Samsonov NEEDS 2 things : icetime and 2 snipers with his line. Centre should always be the leading player of the trio, Higgins is actually the best player of the team. He would do great with Ryder and Samsonov.

Latendresse is always performing good with Bonk, do not ask me why, it is just the way it is.

Plekanec can not handle a offensive trio right now, he needs to play with his strong assets , such as, defensive play, pk and scoring goals on break-away with Steve Bégin.

Please, dont submit a reply if you didnt read all above.

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Iz

Why not? I don't really like to dismantle the first line, but your lines can work. And it's worth a shot.

Iz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:41 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldat Samsonov View Post
Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev
Samsonov-Higgins-Ryder
Latendresse-Bonk-Johnson
Begin-Plekanec-Downey

Perezhogin is a hungry player, he deserves to play on the first line with his intensity.Kovalev would finally get player he performed with last year.

Like a edmonton journalist said, Samsonov NEEDS 2 things : icetime and 2 snipers with his line. Centre should always be the leading player of the trio, Higgins is actually the best player of the team. He would do great with Ryder and Samsonov.

Latendresse is always performing good with Bonk, do not ask me why, it is just the way it is.

Plekanec can not handle a offensive trio right now, he needs to play with his strong assets , such as, defensive play, pk and scoring goals on break-away with Steve Bégin.

I actually agree that we change the first line. They are doing well but we gotta think team first and I think putting Koivu with Kovalev will get him going.

Where I don't agree is that Plekanec cannot play an offensive role. He maybe can't get Kovalev and Sammy to work well together but he does have nice hands, nice vision, creativity and a decent shot.

Remember Higgins and Pleks played together at the start of last year with Begin and played extremely well. Replace Begin with Ryder and they are dangerous.

Pleks plays a similar style to Koivu's and I think could keep Higgins's goal production up.

What about:

Perez - Koivu - Kovalev (worked last year)
Higgins - Pleks - Ryder
Sammy - Bonk - Johnson
Lats - Begin - Murray (Downey)

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev
Samsonov-Higgins-Ryder
Latendresse-Bonk-Johnson
Begin-Plekanec-Downey

By always do you mean two preseason games? Latendresse hasn't had enough regular season playing time with Bonk to make that statement in my opinion. As for Plekanecs, I agree. He just doesn't seem to be suited for the second line but in all honesty the second line was starting to finally come around before the famous bean town dismantling. As of right now we have three good lines 1,3,4. The fourth line became better when Latendresse wasn't on it and the second line got worse without Samsonov on it. So in my opinion Bob and Guy need to do the right thing for the good of the team, not Latendresse, and send "Baby Huey" back down and bring up a quality 4th liner from the farm to take his spot and experiment with switching Perezhogin and Samsonov around.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
Perez - Koivu - Kovalev (worked last year)
Higgins - Pleks - Ryder
Sammy - Bonk - Johnson
Lats - Begin - Murray (Downey)
I was just about to post those. With the Higgins - Pleks - Ryder we have the same forchecking ability as our current first line, so I think it would be rolling just as well. As for the first...The only time I've actually seen Kovalev look good on a consistent basis was with Koivu, so this line should work as it did last season. Imo they'll all definitely be tried sometime during the season.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:48 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev
Samsonov-Higgins-Ryder
Latendresse-Bonk-Johnson
Begin-Plekanec-Downey

if they can put a teenager on the second line , i guess anything is possible .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 05:00 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev
Samsonov-Higgins-Ryder
Latendresse-Bonk-Johnson
Begin-Plekanec-Downey

I agree to everything except Plekanec, Latendresse and Downey > Murray. Imo bottom 2 lines should be like this :

Bonk / Plekanec - Johnson (Both of bonk and plek can play LW and C)
Latendresse - Bégin - Murray

As soon as we will go into a slump (like 3 defeats in a row), we will see this lines imo

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
Careful what you say or we'll see a number one line of Latendresse, Juraj Mikus, and Sergei Kostitsyn for the Toronto game and Kovalev, Samsonov, and Plekanec will be sent down to Drumondville for "conditioning".

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 05:08 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
dude.. you know that crosby is actually a teenager too ? age doesnt matter.. what matters is that he had done nothing this year so far. Period.

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 05:23 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Also, I know Higgins can play centre but I think he would be much mroe effective as a winger.
He's good at putting pressure on the forecheck and has a great shot.
He could probably do a decent job as a centreman, but IMO, he would be much more effective on the wing.
The best centres are usually really good playmakers rather than scorers.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Habs_Apostle

Yes, fine, but we are winning. I say try the small changes first (switch Sammy and Perez) and see what happens before trying anything radical. If we were 2-5-2 instead of 5-2-2, then by all means go nuts. It's not time for that yet!

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 08:39 PM
oli500

I dont think moving higgins at center is a good idea. Higgins on the wing is money. Hes everything you want in a winger. Hes not afraid of going to the net. Hes not afraid of taking hits to score goals. The habs have allways needid a winger who plays big urond the net like higgins thus. If we ever move higgins to center, were taking a huge part of his game away because a center dosent crash the net. Kovalev is better suited to be a center in my opinion. Kovalev plays on the outside. give him two guys who likes to go to the net and shoot and we might get something.

Ryder-Koivu-Higgins

Perezhogin-kovalev-johnson

samsonov-bonk-latendresse

begin-Plekanec-murray/downey/lapierre/kositsyn

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 12:41 AM
kris
No JDru for TB - yet

I like your lines, except the chemistry Bonk and Johnson have should not be messed with, they are two players who compliment each other perfectly and I have no problems with them on the ice vs. any top line in this league.

kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:11 AM
fredez

Quote:
Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev
Samsonov-Higgins-Ryder
Latendresse-Bonk-Johnson
Begin-Plekanec-Downey

If it ain't broken don't fix it!

I think that by putting a new player on every single line you pretty much screw the chemistry up. This could be done in desperation time but we are on a good streak right now so I disagree with those lines.

And for the love of god please change your signature!

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 02:47 AM
Traitor8

Before breaking up the 1st line, I would try these this:

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Perezhogin-Plekanec-Kovalev
Samsonov-Bonk-Johnson
Latendresse-Begin-Murray

if this doesn't get the 2nd line going then:

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder