HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Paajarvi Appreciation Thread

Old
07-10-2013, 10:26 PM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Its much more likely that a player that doesn't bring the proper determination on the ice for prolonged stretches will be exposed, and outed by Hitch. Paajarvi will simply have very limited window in St loo. I doubt he'll get any of the patience he got here.
Paajarvi will have to learn how to love to hit and initiate contact because if you aren't making contact in Hitch's system off the forecheck and along the walls then you will be on his sh!tlist pretty quickly. He demands a full commitment to physical play and battling from every single player.

What Hitch will love is Paajarvi's speed. His system is very simple to pick up and if you do a few things that are asked of you well then you will get to become one of many moving parts in his system. It's really up to Paajarvi but if he commits to a full compete game he will look terrific in St. Louis.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 12:23 AM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

I'll be interested to see how well he does playing with defenseman that are actually able to get the puck on his tape full speed in the neutral zone. I felt like we never utilized that enough, probably due to personnel.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 12:43 AM
OilerBob
The Youth Movement

My mom told me if I don't have anything nice to say don't say anything.

OilerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 01:19 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

He seemed like a really nice kid, and he showed some bounce back last season after a horrible '11-12 season. I wish him all the best in St. Louis. Having guys like Steen and Berglund around should be huge for him IMO.

07-11-2013, 01:20 AM
czar99

vCash: 50

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 01:36 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerBob View Post
My mom told me if I don't have anything nice to say don't say anything.
That's weird my mom told me to kick them while they are down

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 12:19 PM
jukon
#Nailedit

Really disappointed to hear he's leaving. He's a good kid with a wonderful attitude. Got a chance to meet him after a Marlies/Barons game during last years playoffs. There are probably only 5 players I would rather keep over Maggy.

jukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:03 PM
hulabaluu

Thank you Magnus Pääjärvi. What a future. What a character. One of a kind.

hulabaluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:35 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
I'll be interested to see how well he does playing with defenseman that are actually able to get the puck on his tape full speed in the neutral zone. I felt like we never utilized that enough, probably due to personnel.
ill be interested to see Maggie get quality line mates, more than 9 minutes TOI a night, A real NHL centre, coached properly, and 1 minute of PP time.

we will see if Maggie can cover that 1 goal gap on Perron if he gets that extra 6 minutes a night, 2 minutes pp time, better defensemen passing him the puck, better centres who arent black holes, and better winger (was only with yaks for a couple games at years end for yaks hattie in van etc)

stlouis won it. Character also not lacking in the swede. I will keep cheering him. paid his dues. oilers didnt care.

I hope NHL players and the farm players and the prospects take note of what happens to you when you come to the oilers and develop under them and change your game for them and get put into a black hole by their moron GMs, who built a laughing stock team, and be a good soldier and work hard.
You get a ticket out because of the lack of everything else existing in the others on the roster.

No fault of maggies. The fault is everyone else.

Also this is winning asset management in oilers usual reverse way.

Sell low on a guy that will prove it this year and make up that one goal gap.

Oil are a joke/

Last edited by oilinblood: 07-11-2013 at 06:42 PM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:47 PM
SLURVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Its much more likely that a player that doesn't bring the proper determination on the ice for prolonged stretches will be exposed, and outed by Hitch. Paajarvi will simply have very limited window in St loo. I doubt he'll get any of the patience he got here.
Cut MPS some slack. He is still 22 yrs old and learning the game esp the North American game. I thought he was coming along this year with a prorated 20 goal season after his sophomore jinx (2nd year and third year). He played better under Krueger. Not only were the fans tired of losing and (understandably so) but the Oilers org as well, that is why MPS had to go to make any change because "I am an impatient man..." -MacT

Last edited by SLURVE: 07-11-2013 at 07:04 PM.
SLURVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
ill be interested to see Maggie get quality line mates, more than 9 minutes TOI a night, A real NHL centre, coached properly, and 1 minute of PP time.

we will see if Maggie can cover that 1 goal gap on Perron if he gets that extra 6 minutes a night, 2 minutes pp time, better defensemen passing him the puck, better centres who arent black holes, and better winger (was only with yaks for a couple games at years end for yaks hattie in van etc)

stlouis won it. Character also not lacking in the swede. I will keep cheering him. paid his dues. oilers didnt care.

I hope NHL players and the farm players and the prospects take note of what happens to you when you come to the oilers and develop under them and change your game for them and get put into a black hole by their moron GMs, who built a laughing stock team, and be a good soldier and work hard.
You get a ticket out because of the lack of everything else existing in the others on the roster.

No fault of maggies. The fault is everyone else.

Also this is winning asset management in oilers usual reverse way.

Sell low on a guy that will prove it this year and make up that one goal gap.

Oil are a joke/
Only joke i see is this post.

Fault of everyone else. Not the guy who got dealt though. What a stupid, stupid logic.

Anyways, best of luck PRV. loved you here, was great to get your autograph a few years back. Best of luck in St Louis.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote