HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Re-Sign Carl Hagelin (2 years, $4.5M, $2.25M AAV)

Old
07-10-2013, 06:01 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

vCash: 500
Great job on this deal. He'll get what he earns in two years. Way to go, Rangers.

Now let's get Stepan signed and start the season!

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
The Pouliot and Moore signings point to a redo of the bottom 6 which means a few trades are coming likely for picks which will clear cap space. Boyle and Pyatt via trade. Ash and Powe either on the team or sent to Hartford. Either way the space will open up.
Don't be so sure. As training camp & pre-season shapes up teams will address needs & I think any of those (4) guys who all fill niche spots are valuble & can be moved in minor deals.

Baby Punisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 08:53 PM
thechrisformatNYR

Glad we re-signed him. Would've preferred a $2MM hit, but, I'll take it... Still want Steps to get his due though.

thechrisformatNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

The Qvestion is, how much would he have gotten at Arb? Anyone know of any precedence similar to Hags?

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:29 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
Why not?
Hands of stone, for one thing.

I can see him getting more secondary assists by digging pucks out of the corner and getting it to the open man for a setup for a goal, but that's about it.

Guy would be a star in this league if he could think the game faster and had hands that could keep up with his legs.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:58 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Carl Hagelin is truly awesome. A winger that IMO can change the dynamics of the way speed should be utilized. Ever since joining the league, he is amongst the leaders in shot differential. Look at the individual Rangers players shot differential % (For vs. Against) when comparing Hagelin with said teammate, and teammate without Hagelin. It gets horrifically worse for the most part when the linemates are without Hagelin. He is a core player and IMO a candidate for Ranger forward MVP collectively over his past 2 seasons. Seeing him mentioned as a 3rd line player just makes me shake my head in disappointment on how underrated of a player he is.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 04:23 AM
BlessThisMess513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Carl Hagelin is truly awesome. A winger that IMO can change the dynamics of the way speed should be utilized. Ever since joining the league, he is amongst the leaders in shot differential. Look at the individual Rangers players shot differential % (For vs. Against) when comparing Hagelin with said teammate, and teammate without Hagelin. It gets horrifically worse for the most part when the linemates are without Hagelin. He is a core player and IMO a candidate for Ranger forward MVP collectively over his past 2 seasons. Seeing him mentioned as a 3rd line player just makes me shake my head in disappointment on how underrated of a player he is.
And to think he was just some 6th round draft pick not too long ago.

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:25 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Would have liked 2 mill even better, but I wont argue over 250K. Good signing.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Frolic and DeTorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
He is underrated because he doesn't put up the big points. He constantly moves his feet and is important for energy. I see no reason why he can't put up 20G, 50P and be a key PKer in a 2nd line role.

Frolic and DeTorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

My thoughts are that Carl Hagelin is a top 6 winger on a good team, and a 3rd line winger on a championship team.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
We still trying to resign Hank? Won't we need some cap room for that to happen?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
We still trying to resign Hank? Won't we need some cap room for that to happen?
no, his salary for this year is already factored in with this being his final year. We won't need any additional cap space for Hank until next season when the extension (if agreed to) kicks in.

Lundsanity30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
no, his salary for this year is already factored in with this being his final year. We won't need any additional cap space for Hank until next season when the extension (if agreed to) kicks in.
Good cause I want to see that get done right after Step

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Wolfpack21

Looking back in retrospect I realize how important the gaborik trade was. Not only with getting depth but with clearing cap space. I mean sure if we still had Gabs or were closer the being over cap Richards would have most likely been bought out this year. But never realized how close to cap we would actually be.

Wolfpack21 is offline   Reply With Quote