HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[EDM/STL] David Perron for Magnus Paajarvi + 2nd '14 | Part 2

Old
07-11-2013, 03:41 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

vCash: 500
WRT to Hemsky, DET has several extra bottom six forwards...they may be interested in giving up quantity in exchange for quality.

Last edited by JawandaPuck: 07-11-2013 at 03:48 AM.
JawandaPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 03:50 AM
B A T M A N*

This is what we wish PRV would do. Perron already does it.

B A T M A N* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 03:58 AM
BOLD MacT Trade
GoldMoldisMacTBold

This is a great trade, Paajarvi had too many question marks in his development. Perron is going to put up career numbers this year, bank on it. MacT you are officially better then Tambo(except at the draft lottery).

BOLD MacT Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 03:58 AM
thinlizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A T M A N View Post
Perron: 48 hits
Hall: 24 hits

And no one would call Hall soft.
+ 1 double the number equals a bit more grit for us.

thinlizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 04:00 AM
thinlizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Perron is either our next Patrick O'Sullivan or our next Ray Whitney

it certainly is bold.
Ray has a 1000 points need I say more.

Old
07-11-2013, 04:09 AM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
WRT to Hemsky, DET has several extra bottom six forwards...they may be interested in giving up quantity in exchange for quality.
I'd be all for that. I'd love to add Abdelkader or Tootoo.

07-11-2013, 04:15 AM
thinlizzy

I think Mac T has learned the hard way he can't obtain a power forward yet. Give him time and I am sure he will fill the hole. He probably has a better chance at attending to the d area at the moment.

Old
07-11-2013, 04:21 AM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinlizzy View Post
I think Mac T has learned the hard way he can't obtain a power forward yet. Give him time and I am sure he will fill the hole. He probably has a better chance at attending to the d area at the moment.
I'm thinking that we might have to move a guy like N. Schultz or worse guys like Petry or Smid to get some cornerstone type bottom 6 guys.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 04:25 AM
LaGu

Quote:
This is what we wish PRV would do. Perron already does it.

I am not saying they are comparable really but what you bring up right there is exactly what Paajarvi started to do (and with some success) this year. Let's keep it real, he was traded because we are not sure that he can fill the shoes of a 2nd line LW, Perron can. Personally I don't like the trade, but I understand why it was done.

Last edited by LaGu: 07-11-2013 at 04:33 AM.
LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 04:30 AM
Everlasting

Wow.

One of the reason why I started focusing on the Oilers was becuse of Magnus and Anton, both who are Timrå IK players. I never really thought that he would make it, but still, this is a tought trade. Atleast give Anton a bigger role now.

Everlasting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:06 AM
B A T M A N*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post

I am not saying they are comparable really but what you bring up right there is exactly what Paajarvi started to do (and with some success) this year. Let's keep it real, he was traded because we are not sure that he can fill the shoes of a 2nd line LW, Perron can. Personally I don't like the trade, but I understand why it was done.
That's what I'm saying. PRV barely does that. Perron does it consistently. Perron is more of a power forward than PRV will ever be. Bank on it.

B A T M A N* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:25 AM
LaGu

Quote:
That's what I'm saying. PRV barely does that. Perron does it consistently. Perron is more of a power forward than PRV will ever be. Bank on it.
I would say that he is more of a power forward than PRV is and leave it at that, but that's really not important.

Anyway, I just think that PRV will become the better player in a couple of years time and I think it is a shame we let go of him. Especially seeing his improvement this season.

But I am not overly upset since I do like Perron's game as well and he may well be a better fit in our top 6.

Old
07-11-2013, 06:53 AM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
Maggie
Playing with crap linemates, doesnt waste time dangling, great defeensive IQ, had chemistry with yaks when finally put to second line for last games.
NO PP TIME, 4ht and 3rd line TOI, 25th place team
9gs 7a -1

Perron
top 6 on playoff team. TOI and line mates worlds better than Maggie.
PP time comparison? if it were money... Perron is Bill Gates, Maggie is the bum i see trying to gather cigarette butts.
10 goals (WOW WHAT A GOAL SCOrer CAN YOU SAY SNIPER? WOWWWWW) Incredible numbers!!!!!!!!! top 6 position on a playoff team. WOWWOWOOWOWOWOW with one of the best defenses feeding him those outlets WOWOWOWOWOWOW

10 goals. WOW. 2 of which were cashed in that huge PP time . 15 a --4 of which cashed on man advantage.

I call it that Maggie wins. STL wins. Hitch wins and at a fraction of the cost...before even figuring in the asset they will get for that 2nd which will be very valuable during the season.

Oh and we added a 2nd. That is a depth centre/dman in the season.

WOW
STLOUIS got the man and Hitch was finally able to dump the rediculous cheapmans hemsky who tries hard but doesnt really win his battles. In my mind it doesnt matter if you hit if you are hitting out of position and losing your battles. In the offensive zone you also cant be taking gawdawful penalties.

Another hemsky...oh joy/

Last edited by oilinblood: 07-11-2013 at 07:37 AM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:57 AM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

^^ You should definitely compare Oshie and Backes with MPS next.

07-11-2013, 07:01 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
^^ You should definitely compare Oshie and Backes with MPS next.
Sorry but i only pick players hated by their own coach

Hitch is gonna love Maggie.

But Perron is Mark Messier...i get it ... tell that to LA and SJ . they dont give 2 shats.steam roll a comin.

I put us second last in our new conference. See yas

Oilers are hoping we get a Marchand out of this. From watching 20+ STL games a season...i say they failed.

Last edited by oilinblood: 07-11-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old
07-11-2013, 07:41 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
So Smyth or Joensuu at LW? Much better...

And listen to MacT's presser. Hemsky is going to be on the team next season. Book it.
yup and he is also 180ing on his end of the season statements. Now its 'we dont need size and bulk...we need quickness'

mhmmm

this is laughable.

In all honesty... Hemsky might be the best person to work with Perron. Neither of them suit other players very well. I think they suit eachother and Perron plays LW. Might make a dangerous 3rd line. Since Sammy and Hemmer worked so well together i could see this being a good line.

If people think Perron just blines to the net like Maggie.. he doesnt. you will see how similar he is to hemsky first hand. Turn overs and all. I would say he goes to the net similarly to hemsky. Not a b-line guy.
Hemsky has a great release and aim though. Perron looks like he gets lucky on alot of his goals (like he tries to go up stairs but only gets it half up). I know...i watch the blues.

Last edited by oilinblood: 07-11-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old
07-11-2013, 07:54 AM
duul

vCash: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
yup and he is also 180ing on his end of the season statements. Now its 'we dont need size and bulk...we need quickness'

mhmmm

this is laughable.

In all honesty... Hemsky might be the best person to work with Perron. Neither of them suit other players very well. I think they suit eachother and Perron plays LW. Might make a dangerous 3rd line. Since Sammy and Hemmer worked so well together i could see this being a good line.

If people think Perron just blines to the net like Maggie.. he doesnt. you will see how similar he is to hemsky first hand. Turn overs and all.
Perron will play in the top 6 because we don't have any other LW to take that spot. Maybe if we sign someone big to play in our top 6 instead, but I don't see that happening.

MacT just improved our team and got us a 2nd line LW for a borderline 3rd LW, a clear upgrade. This would make it a lot easier for us to sign someone to replace Paajarvi's 3rd line LW spot through free agency.

duul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 08:32 AM
stlweir

Perron is not a power forward. He goes to the dirty areas and is very effective along the boards picking the pocket of bigger players, he has tremendous hands and will make several plays that bring you out of your seats. As long as he stays healthy he may very well be a 30 goal scorer for you.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 08:44 AM
alphahelix

I do believe the "grass is always greener" especially on HF Oil, and that while we are receiving an offensive upgrade we are losing speed, size, youth, potential, cap space, and a 2nd round pick. I hope that Perron has a lot of success here. A TON of success. Please!
If I were spending a 2nd + Paajarvi, I would have been targetting a D-man.

alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Ovechking

As a huge fan of Paajarvi, I'm really happy with this deal. Perron is undoubtedly an upgrade, and can be as much of an offensive force as Eberle. I've always said that if Paajarvi has to get dealt, I would like it to be to St. Louis. I feel his game fits their style the best, and he will have Berglund there to mentor him.

Great hockey trade for both teams. I'm calling this a win-win.

Ovechking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post
As a huge fan of Paajarvi, I'm really happy with this deal. Perron is undoubtedly an upgrade, and can be as much of an offensive force as Eberle. I've always said that if Paajarvi has to get dealt, I would like it to be to St. Louis. I feel his game fits their style the best, and he will have Berglund there to mentor him.

Great hockey trade for both teams. I'm calling this a win-win.
I agree. Hitchcock is gonna love Maggie's Defensive abilities and it sounds like the Oilers are getting a decent 2 line LW. We'll just have to wait and see what the line combos become.

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:13 AM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

David Perron ‏@DP_57
I'm extremely excited to be joining the @EdmontonOilers & I can't wait to meet my teammates & the organization! Can't wait to play in Canada

David Perron ‏@DP_57
It was fun to play in Edmonton as a road team and I can't imagine how its gonna be as the home team with a such quality of players!

Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:18 AM
hemskysuncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Maggie
Playing with crap linemates, doesnt waste time dangling, great defeensive IQ, had chemistry with yaks when finally put to second line for last games.
NO PP TIME, 4ht and 3rd line TOI, 25th place team
9gs 7a -1

Perron
top 6 on playoff team. TOI and line mates worlds better than Maggie.
PP time comparison? if it were money... Perron is Bill Gates, Maggie is the bum i see trying to gather cigarette butts.
10 goals (WOW WHAT A GOAL SCOrer CAN YOU SAY SNIPER? WOWWWWW) Incredible numbers!!!!!!!!! top 6 position on a playoff team. WOWWOWOOWOWOWOW with one of the best defenses feeding him those outlets WOWOWOWOWOWOW

10 goals. WOW. 2 of which were cashed in that huge PP time . 15 a --4 of which cashed on man advantage.

I call it that Maggie wins. STL wins. Hitch wins and at a fraction of the cost...before even figuring in the asset they will get for that 2nd which will be very valuable during the season.

Oh and we added a 2nd. That is a depth centre/dman in the season.

WOW
STLOUIS got the man and Hitch was finally able to dump the rediculous cheapmans hemsky who tries hard but doesnt really win his battles. In my mind it doesnt matter if you hit if you are hitting out of position and losing your battles. In the offensive zone you also cant be taking gawdawful penalties.

Another hemsky...oh joy/
wow is right Perron is going to do great. PRV somehow never did, and we can't wait for him anymore. the others (the last 5 years' 1st rounders) are far more developed and are leaving him behind. He doesn't fit anymore, as much as I love him and want him to succeed...hope he does well there, but Perron is a good addition...plays a good game, and like some others said "i hated Perron when we played the Blues"...this is a good indication of who you want on your team.

hemskysuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:19 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
David Perron ‏@DP_57
I'm extremely excited to be joining the @EdmontonOilers & I can't wait to meet my teammates & the organization! Can't wait to play in Canada

David Perron ‏@DP_57
It was fun to play in Edmonton as a road team and I can't imagine how its gonna be as the home team with a such quality of players!
I always wondered on the 2nd quote, is it because we were a tune up game for them

After letting this sit a bit, i really like the deal. Perron is the better player now and while Prv could be better in a few years or become an elite shutdown 3rd liner, I'm okay with giving him up. Perron fills that #2 LW which has always seemed to be an issue in Edmonton.

If we were somehow able to get Chris Kelly out of Boston, Maggie wouldn't be missed for long.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:31 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
Perron will play in the top 6 because we don't have any other LW to take that spot. Maybe if we sign someone big to play in our top 6 instead, but I don't see that happening.

MacT just improved our team and got us a 2nd line LW for a borderline 3rd LW, a clear upgrade. This would make it a lot easier for us to sign someone to replace Paajarvi's 3rd line LW spot through free agency.
That's the way to appreciate one of the few players on our roster that seemed to give a damn every single night. Go back and read through the post-game reviews. I am not saying he's a Hall, but he did an ok job on the 2nd line this year and had no problem what-so-ever playing on the 3rd line when necessary.