HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gimme $7 million per Plus or I walk..

Old
07-10-2013, 08:03 PM
hawksfan50

vCash: 500
Gimme $7 million per Plus or I walk..

Well with Rask locked up for 8 yrs at $56 million total, I guess Cc's agent will be demanding that amd more. ..luckily the cap may go up $12 million next yr..leaving about 5 mil to up Hammer and Shaw and Pirri...maybe my Crawmaggeddon not to worry scenario IS again a worry..Hammer on this inflayed cap expansion willget over $5 mill not l

so at least $1.5 mil raise..Shaw probaly gets raised to 3mill and Pirri if he succeeds at 2nd line C also over 3mil. . So very likely tight or somebody homna get
chopped again..

It seems the lockout and cry poor was gor Nothing...owners dpending like drunken sailors..Pretty soon lots of guys willbe making more yhan Crosby or Malkin and the superstars.. Who will pay for this inflation? YOU KNOW WHO..AND TICKET PRICRS WILLONLY BE AFFORDABLE BY RICH COTPS. AND OIL SHEIKHS..

Right back into the mess again..and can we start the bidding on T anK at over $9 mil per plus for 8 yrs? Ya thonk Rpcky will EVER declare a profit if this keeps up? Let us just hope it is a sign and trade.of Kane to Biffalo as the lotto winner in a package to get McDavid in 2015..Then willget him cheap for 3 yrs on anELC before havong to max him on the 2md contract whoch probably willbe 20% of a $90 millipn team cap by then..Stop the Insanity! On a relative badis though ot still makes more sense than giving dome infielder who cannot hit his own weight several million on salary.. Mranwhile.lunch pail.joe cannot ever afford a ticket anymore..so sad but we have exalted players of a sports game into OlympianGods and the stratospheric sakaries it costs to retain such heroes. ANDisn't life great..at least if youare the agent to such heroes.

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 08:07 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Shaw and Pirri aren't getting $3m each. Crawford isn't getting "$7m or more". You don't have to worry.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Kurtosis
RIP Clint

If Crawford is getting $7 mil it isn't going to be from the Blackhawks, that's for sure. Shaw and Pirri getting $3 mil is just as ludicrous.

Keep on keeping on fiddy.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 08:14 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Talk about jumping off a bridge before it's even a possibility. Crawford had a good year but he's not that good.

Shaw may get that, Pirri hasn't even done anything yet. Maybe you should talk about TT's 6 million per year contract in 2018.

HawksFan74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 08:17 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Well with Rask locked up for 8 yrs at $56 million total, I guess Cc's agent will be demanding that amd more. ..luckily the cap may go up $12 million next yr..leaving about 5 mil to up Hammer and Shaw and Pirri...maybe my Crawmaggeddon not to worry scenario IS again a worry..Hammer on this inflayed cap expansion willget over $5 mill not l

so at least $1.5 mil raise..Shaw probaly gets raised to 3mill and Pirri if he succeeds at 2nd line C also over 3mil. . So very likely tight or somebody homna get
chopped again..

It seems the lockout and cry poor was gor Nothing...owners dpending like drunken sailors..Pretty soon lots of guys willbe making more yhan Crosby or Malkin and the superstars.. Who will pay for this inflation? YOU KNOW WHO..AND TICKET PRICRS WILLONLY BE AFFORDABLE BY RICH COTPS. AND OIL SHEIKHS..

Right back into the mess again..and can we start the bidding on T anK at over $9 mil per plus for 8 yrs? Ya thonk Rpcky will EVER declare a profit if this keeps up? Let us just hope it is a sign and trade.of Kane to Biffalo as the lotto winner in a package to get McDavid in 2015..Then willget him cheap for 3 yrs on anELC before havong to max him on the 2md contract whoch probably willbe 20% of a $90 millipn team cap by then..Stop the Insanity! On a relative badis though ot still makes more sense than giving dome infielder who cannot hit his own weight several million on salary.. Mranwhile.lunch pail.joe cannot ever afford a ticket anymore..so sad but we have exalted players of a sports game into OlympianGods and the stratospheric sakaries it costs to retain such heroes. ANDisn't life great..at least if youare the agent to such heroes.
....of course we get to the real point of this thread. Fiddy. Try and post without mentioning McDavid once. Please.

Can we please lock this nonsense. The cap is not going up $12m in one year.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Kurtosis
RIP Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
....of course we get to the real point of this thread. Fiddy. Try and post without mentioning McDavid once. Please.

Let him have his fun.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 08:32 PM
LarmerSavardSecord

Quote:

That's at the absolute high end of the range, but it could happen. I think teams are factoring in ~$70m. I'll throw out an intuitive guess of $71.5. Expect a big bump next year too.

LarmerSavardSecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 08:33 PM
hawksfan50

Sorry..long day bad math..Crawfor getting not $ 7 mil more....only about $ 4.5 to $ 5 mil more.. So I guess we cam afford those other raises for Hammer Shaw and Pirri. NO CRAWMAGEDDON. ..But Rocky still not in the Black given such salary escalations..Shaw and Pirri will get over 3million because look at what they just paid Clutterbick..what did h $e have? 10 points or so? If you ate now paying
OVER $3 mil for 20 points in 82 games. .that looks to me.like Shaw and Pirri gonna get more than that with what they will put up.. Last year's $2 mil per is already this year's $3 million per for 20 point guys..What if Pirri get 50 points centering Hossa and Sharp.. I guess 50 point guys start the discussion in the $4 mil plus ramge now...Escalator going Up Up And Away!

Old
07-10-2013, 09:24 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Sorry..long day bad math..Crawfor getting not $ 7 mil more....only about $ 4.5 to $ 5 mil more.. So I guess we cam afford those other raises for Hammer Shaw and Pirri. NO CRAWMAGEDDON. ..But Rocky still not in the Black given such salary escalations..Shaw and Pirri will get over 3million because look at what they just paid Clutterbick..what did h $e have? 10 points or so? If you ate now paying
OVER $3 mil for 20 points in 82 games. .that looks to me.like Shaw and Pirri gonna get more than that with what they will put up.. Last year's $2 mil per is already this year's $3 million per for 20 point guys..What if Pirri get 50 points centering Hossa and Sharp.. I guess 50 point guys start the discussion in the $4 mil plus ramge now...Escalator going Up Up And Away!
Doing what? What's your area of work?

Clutterbuck is getting 2.75 aav on a four year contract that encompasses his last two years as a RFA and his first two UFA years. Shaw *might* get that - Pirri won't.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 09:29 PM
giza

7MM - Rask

Rask is better than Crawford. The Hawks may have won the series, but in my book, Rask didn't allow one poor goal. Let's remember that Niemi won the Cup as well. Crawford will get his raise at some point, but he's not elite....yet. Ultimately, there's only so much money to go around.

giza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 09:33 PM
BronYrAur

Yeah Crawford is not on the same level as Tuukka IMO. Corey's stock has never and probably will never be higher than it is right now. It would be very tough for him to put up another season as good as the last, so it is in the Hawks' best interest to wait this one out.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 09:59 PM
topnotch

Crawford won't be Rask money. So far he's had 1 great, 1 good, and 1 poor season, and has won a Stanley Cup. He's probably earned to double his current salary as long as he doesn't s*** the bed next season.

I'm not sure the Hawks won't to commit 5+ million to their goaltender for an extended period.

topnotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 10:07 PM
needle

If Crawford wants anything more than the 4M range, he better go back-to-back. Otherwise, Stan will move on to Raanta.

needle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 10:15 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

If the Hawks pay $7m for Crawford I'll uppercut my grandma. Rask is a much better goalie and I don't even think he's worth $7m.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 11:30 PM
EbonyRaptor

The projection of a $12M jump in the salary cap is highly unlikely. The jump in the cap the last 2 years of the old CBA was $4.9M (from $59.4 to $64.3) and $6M (from $64.3M to $70.3M) - but that was when the players share was 57% of the league's HRR (hockey related revenue). Under the new CBA, the players share is down to 50% of HRR. Therefore, HRR will have to jump 14% just to have the salary cap jump $6M back to the 2012/13 cap of $70.3M. For the cap to go up $12M (to $76.3M), HRR will have to grow more than 25% in one year.

So unless I have the math totally screwed up, it's more realistic the expect the cap to go up somewhere in the $4M - $5M range.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 12:07 AM
ndgt10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
If the Hawks pay $7m for Crawford I'll uppercut my grandma.
Lmao

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 01:33 AM
Hawkman
RIP Jean Beliveau

It's not just about $. The poster I trust the most on this board when it comes to the Bruins told me Horton said (I'm paraphrasing) "I'm not coming back at any price" and I believe him.

PM Pierre Trudeau on Beliveau: "Rarely has the career of an athlete been so exemplary. By his courage, his sense of discipline and honour, his lively intelligence and finesse, his magnificent team spirit, Beliveau has given new prestige to hockey."
Hawkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 03:02 AM
Sarava

The Hawks better be careful what they give Crawford. As good as he was this year - he was that bad the year before. The only thing consistent in his professional career is that he has been consistently inconsistent from year to year.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 04:11 AM
RedBaronIndian
Rest in Peace

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
The projection of a $12M jump in the salary cap is highly unlikely. The jump in the cap the last 2 years of the old CBA was $4.9M (from $59.4 to $64.3) and $6M (from $64.3M to $70.3M) - but that was when the players share was 57% of the league's HRR (hockey related revenue). Under the new CBA, the players share is down to 50% of HRR. Therefore, HRR will have to jump 14% just to have the salary cap jump $6M back to the 2012/13 cap of $70.3M. For the cap to go up $12M (to $76.3M), HRR will have to grow more than 25% in one year.

So unless I have the math totally screwed up, it's more realistic the expect the cap to go up somewhere in the $4M - $5M range.
Stan Bowman predicted that the cap will be close to 75 million $ in 2014-2015 season. There is a thread on BoH discussing this.

2014-15 cap to hit $75m? (2013 escrow near 17%)

RedBaronIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:54 AM
CapitalistInfidel

I'm surprised more teams aren't emulating the Hawks. Pay the goaltender less and invest the difference in a solid defense.

CapitalistInfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:41 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

With Bowmans philosophy I can't see him paying Crawford more than Niemi's contract and maybe about 0.5 more

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Teemu

Rich Copts? As in Christian Egyptians? What do you have against them...

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Kaners BAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaronIndian View Post
Stan Bowman predicted that the cap will be close to 75 million $ in 2014-2015 season. There is a thread on BoH discussing this.

2014-15 cap to hit $75m? (2013 escrow near 17%)
75 Mil?

If that is the case then signing both Hammer and Crawford would not be a problem. It goes without saying that Crawford's performance this year will determine his next contract. If he follows up this season with close to a repeat, you are looking at 6 M per. If he doesn't have as good of a season --> 4.5 M or so.

Kaners BAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 10:49 AM
hawksfan50

I think Stanbo is correct..thecap will be at least $75 million because revenues were up over 21% on a 48 game season and if you project that for 82 games you get a business generating nearly $ 4 billion. .up from the $3.3 BILLION it was before the lockout.. Midpoint would be $2billion to players dived by 30 teams equals $66.667 MILLION WITH the cap amount set to15% above that since theoretically half the teams are above midpoint and half spend below it but the 2nd limiting factor is that the range between floor and upper csp limmit cannot be greater than $28 million.. This means the upper cap is the lessor of $80.667 million or 1.15 x the $66.667 million mid-point which is only $76 million..Since the business isa bit under the 4 billion rounded estimate I used we can say Stanbo is correct in predicting a cap per team max of approx. $75 million...But several factors not included like EVEN GREATER revenues from those six outdoor games though the over 21% growth projection ovet the pre-lockout year may be offset because the 48 game season that this is projected for 82 games on started when american college and nfl seasons were over and in some american markets we know nhl attendances only pick up after December..But ahain any lessor effects on growth from that are going to be offset by those huge outdoor games revenues to some degree..Other variables affecting this could be disinterest as a result of the Olympics break..such that attendances for teams out of the playoff picture at that time may languish after the Olympics...and finally the effect if the Canadian$ should fall a lot vs. the U.S. Dollar. .but discounting those unknown variables I think most GMs are bamking on a cap of around$75 million at least.

Old
07-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Doing what? What's your area of work?

Clutterbuck is getting 2.75 aav on a four year contract that encompasses his last two years as a RFA and his first two UFA years. Shaw *might* get that - Pirri won't.
He writes novels

on HF

Gootie is online now   Reply With Quote