HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radulov takes a shot at Latendresse!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2006, 07:24 PM
  #26
Empireshark
Registered User
 
Empireshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
He might be right, but it's still very unprofessional of Radulov to say that.

And whoever is taking shots at Lats now or whining that he isn't ready and such, give the guy a freakin break. He's 10 games into his NHL career and already he's burnt out? Power forwards take YEARS to develop. You better be more patient.

We have some really ignorant "fans" here. We want everything at once and not ready to wait for the good things to come naturally. Just like with Samsonov.
He's ten games into his career and has does nothing to earn top six minutes while others are pushed by the wayside. Power forwards need to learn how to use their bodies effectively in a "mens" league and the fourth line is a perfect spot for him to do that.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:25 PM
  #27
bjac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,049
vCash: 500
Lats should be sent down before the 10th game... He has had his chance and he has done nothing with it. When it comes down to it, he is not good enough to be on this team right now and it will only hurt his developement to stay in the big leagues.

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:26 PM
  #28
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Yea ok. Such a big deal because the coach wants to try new combinations to make the lines click better.

:retard:

QUICK! Let's push The Montreal Habs Fans Panic Button (tm)!

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:33 PM
  #29
Coco Fever
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac View Post
Lats should be sent down before the 10th game... He has had his chance and he has done nothing with it. When it comes down to it, he is not good enough to be on this team right now and it will only hurt his developement to stay in the big leagues.
He had his chance to prove what exactly???? Is anyone talking about Murray and/or Bégin not scoring? Latendresse played 1 game on 2nd line (1 freaking game)...he spent the rest on the 4th.

Let the kid developped. He won't be Joe Thornton, but if this path was good for Joe, it' can't hurt Guillaume.

Coco Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:33 PM
  #30
Empireshark
Registered User
 
Empireshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Yea ok. Such a big deal because the coach wants to try new combinations to make the lines click better.

:retard:

QUICK! Let's push The Montreal Habs Fans Panic Button (tm)!
The big deal is that the worst player on the team so far this year just pushed his way into the top six when a player like Perezhogin who hits more often, skates fast enough to be an effective forchecker, and has had some positive history playing with Kovalev and Plekanec is sent down to the fourth line to rot. How is this helping Perezhogin develop? He's still a young player as well. He's got more than 8 games of NHL experience. It seems like he wasn't chosen because he doesn't have a politically correct surname.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:37 PM
  #31
Coco Fever
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark View Post
The big deal is that the worst player on the team so far this year just pushed his way into the top six when a player like Perezhogin who hits more often, skates fast enough to be an effective forchecker, and has had some positive history playing with Kovalev and Plekanec is sent down to the fourth line to rot. How is this helping Perezhogin develop? He's still a young player as well. He's got more than 8 games of NHL experience. It seems like he wasn't chosen because he doesn't have a politically correct surname.
Or maybe it's because Gainey/Carbo know exactly what he (Perezhoin) can bring to the team...and it's not what they're looking for.

Coco Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:38 PM
  #32
Empireshark
Registered User
 
Empireshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco Fever View Post
He had his chance to prove what exactly???? Is anyone talking about Murray and/or Bégin not scoring? Latendresse played 1 game on 2nd line (1 freaking game)...he spent the rest on the 4th.

Let the kid developped. He won't be Joe Thornton, but if this path was good for Joe, it' can't hurt Guillaume.
Murray and Begin are role players who's job is to wear down the opposing team with an effective forcheck and to kill penalties, any goals that they score are just a bonus. What you seem to forget is that they do what they're supposed to do very well. Latendresse won a spot out of training camp because of the "big body" presence that he was supposed to bring to the team however you have to actually be able to keep up with the play in order to use that big body - just ask Hal Gill how that works out.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:42 PM
  #33
Empireshark
Registered User
 
Empireshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco Fever View Post
Or maybe it's because Gainey/Carbo know exactly what he (Perezhoin) can bring to the team...and it's not what they're looking for.
Then why is he still on this team? There are better fourth line grinders down on the farm. Perezhogin does not need to be here to fill that role.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:42 PM
  #34
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark View Post
The big deal is that the worst player on the team so far this year just pushed his way into the top six when a player like Perezhogin who hits more often, skates fast enough to be an effective forchecker, and has had some positive history playing with Kovalev and Plekanec is sent down to the fourth line to rot. How is this helping Perezhogin develop? He's still a young player as well. He's got more than 8 games of NHL experience. It seems like he wasn't chosen because he doesn't have a politically correct surname.
Well you can think that if you want. I think the real reason (sorry, it ain't dramatic) is that Perez would bring to the line a lot of the same things Sammy would. He's a perimeter player as well. Lats brings a crash and bang aspect that Carbo wanted to try out. There's nothing wrong in experimenting early in the season.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:42 PM
  #35
Coco Fever
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark View Post
Murray and Begin are role players who's job is to wear down the opposing team with an effective forcheck and to kill penalties, any goals that they score are just a bonus. What you seem to forget is that they do what they're supposed to do very well. Latendresse won a spot out of training camp because of the "big body" presence that he was supposed to bring to the team however you have to actually be able to keep up with the play in order to use that big body - just ask Hal Gill how that works out.
Bégin/Murray and Latendresse are not at the same point in their respective careers...
Latendresse is learning, developping in the NHL while Bégin/Murray have already reached their potential. Spending 1 year on 4th line is beneficial to Latendresse...what would he learn in the QJMHL???

Coco Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:43 PM
  #36
Coco Fever
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Well you can think that if you want. I think the real reason (sorry, it ain't dramatic) is that Perez would bring to the line a lot of the same things Sammy would. He's a perimeter player as well. Lats brings a crash and bang aspect that Carbo wanted to try out. There's nothing wrong in experimenting early in the season.
Thanks, you were quicker! My thoughts too...

Coco Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:44 PM
  #37
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,248
vCash: 500
En passant...
7 pts for Thornton on his first year.

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:44 PM
  #38
Dr. Charles
Registered User
 
Dr. Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cracktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
The second line doesn't work
What's the crime with trying stuff?

Of course, if, like Robert Gillet, you are trying weird stuff on teenagers, that's a whole other story...

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:45 PM
  #39
Coco Fever
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
En passant...
7 pts for Thornton on his first year.
Merci! But I also remember Burns had to justify why Joe was kept on 4th line in Boston instead of playing in the OHL...

Same old same...

Coco Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:45 PM
  #40
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Patrick Roy probably called him up and told him to say that.
lol.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:50 PM
  #41
Empireshark
Registered User
 
Empireshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco Fever View Post
Bégin/Murray and Latendresse are not at the same point in their respective careers...
Latendresse is learning, developping in the NHL while Bégin/Murray have already reached their potential. Spending 1 year on 4th line is beneficial to Latendresse...what would he learn in the QJMHL???
I didn't compare him to Begin/Murray you did. I don't have that big of a problem with Latendresse on the fourth, even though I feel he hasn't earned that yet either, but I have a big problem with him on the second line with what he's done so far this year compared to both Samsonov and Perezhogin. If you read some of my posts from last season up until training camp ended this year you will see that I'm not even a big Perezhogin fan but I will give credit where credit is due and he deserved Samsonovs spot way more than Latendresse did. As for spending time in the Q, you may be right, he may not make any significant development there but its not right to stall the development of Kostitsyn, Laperierre, Ferland, etc. in order to fast track a player who obviously is in over his head at this level.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:52 PM
  #42
Dupes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal,Canada
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Latendresse will put Radu throught the board if he sees him this year, and now hell understand why he made the team

Dupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 08:04 PM
  #43
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark View Post
The big deal is that the worst player on the team so far this year just pushed his way into the top six when a player like Perezhogin who hits more often, skates fast enough to be an effective forchecker, and has had some positive history playing with Kovalev and Plekanec is sent down to the fourth line to rot. How is this helping Perezhogin develop? He's still a young player as well. He's got more than 8 games of NHL experience. It seems like he wasn't chosen because he doesn't have a politically correct surname.
You see the moves in terms of promotion or demotion ; Latendresse doesn't deserve to be there , but Perezhogin yes ....bla, bla , bla ..

It's not working like that . What ? if Koivu have a 2 bad games and Begin 2 good , you want Carboneau to switch them ?

Carboneau is looking to who is the better fit for Samsonov , who is the better fit to complete Kovalev and Plekanec . There are nothing there about a promotion for Latendresse . And by the way , Latendresse just played half of a game with Kovalev . We talk about a half game , and you are whinning that he didn't do the job .

May be you talk about him because he doesn't have an correct political surname for you ...

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 08:08 PM
  #44
Coco Fever
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark View Post
As for spending time in the Q, you may be right, he may not make any significant development there but its not right to stall the development of Kostitsyn, Laperierre, Ferland, etc. in order to fast track a player who obviously is in over his head at this level.
The players you mention are in the AHL...if Latendresse would have been allowed to play in the AHL, I think he would probably have been sent there.

As for Perez vs Latendresse on the 2nd line, it was a test (IMO). As Pascal said, they tried Latendresse on 2nd line because they know Perezhogin/Samsonov play a "similar" game.

Coco Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 08:11 PM
  #45
All-Star
Registered User
 
All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Snake Mountain
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Hockey Players are becoming such freakin drama queens.

Damn you New NHL!!!

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 08:12 PM
  #46
Empireshark
Registered User
 
Empireshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
You see the moves in terms of promotion or demotion ; Latendresse doesn't deserve to be there , but Perezhogin yes ....bla, bla , bla ..

It's not working like that . What ? if Koivu have a 2 bad games and Begin 2 good , you want Carboneau to switch them ?

Carboneau is looking to who is the better fit for Samsonov , who is the better fit to complete Kovalev and Plekanec . There are nothing there about a promotion for Latendresse . And by the way , Latendresse just played half of a game with Kovalev . We talk about a half game , and you are whinning that he didn't do the job .

May be you talk about him because he doesn't have an correct political surname for you ...
I actually have a French surname but how does the invisible man make the second line better? What does he bring to the second line that no one else does? His big body? You need to have the speed to be in position to use that big body for it to be effective as I alluded to in a previous post about Hal Gill. Posters use to whine about how Ribeiro was too slow to be effective on the Samsonov/Kovalev line how is it that it's alright for Latendresse to be cruising into the offensive zone after the play has already been broken up and the puck is half way back into Montreals zone? As far as changing Koivu for Begin, grow up baby, obviously they've earned there positions - something that Latendresse hasn't.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 08:16 PM
  #47
Empireshark
Registered User
 
Empireshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco Fever View Post
The players you mention are in the AHL...if Latendresse would have been allowed to play in the AHL, I think he would probably have been sent there.
As for Perez vs Latendresse on the 2nd line, it was a test (IMO). As Pascal said, they tried Latendresse on 2nd line because they know Perezhogin/Samsonov play a "similar" game.
Then he should stay in the Q and follow the natural course of player development for a player his calibre - junior, AHL, NHL. That is not a good enough reason to stall the development of some of our other prospects.

Perezhogin forchecks, back checks, shoots the puck, and goes to the front of the net. He's a completely different player than Samsonov.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 08:44 PM
  #48
Montreal Typical
Registered User
 
Montreal Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Moreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guriken View Post
He seems cool and concentrated on what he does.
Doing nothing doesn't take a lot of concentration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guriken View Post
And I think he is ready for nhl
Latendresse is not even close to being ready. The only thing he has right now is the size and, quite frankly, that's not enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guriken View Post
now he needs to improve his timing, his quickness and skills.
Yes. However, he should not be improving them in the NHL but rather in the QMJHL then the AHL. Latendresse is not a special prospect, he's certainly not a special player and should not receive special treatment.

Latendresse is by far the worst player on the team right now (and that's saying a lot considering how much some of our guys suck). He just doesn't deserve his place when guys like Kostitsyn (I don't like him by the way) are better than him right now and have shown they can contribute at least a little at the NHL level. Latendresse doesn't contribute at all. If we were a re-building team, I guess I could understand keeping Latendresse around but we aren't.


Last edited by Montreal Typical: 10-27-2006 at 08:54 PM.
Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 08:47 PM
  #49
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,659
vCash: 500
Radulov is a for saying that, but for those of you saying Lats is better, or will have a better career than Radulov...Come on...

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave

Last edited by montreal: 10-27-2006 at 09:28 PM. Reason: kids read the board
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 08:49 PM
  #50
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark View Post
What does he bring to the second line that no one else does? His big body? You need to have the speed to be in position to use that big body for it to be effective . Posters use to whine about how Ribeiro was too slow to be effective ...

As far as changing Koivu for Begin, grow up baby, obviously they've earned there positions - something that Latendresse hasn't.


Ribeiro was too slow to be effective ? Plekanec proves by himself that it was not the speed of Ribeiro , that was the problem of this line .

Grow up baby ? You say that Latendresse hasn't earned his position yet ? true . As Perezhogin !

You don't seem to understand that Guy Carbonneau is trying to find the good combinations . May be the next game he 'll try Perez with the second line , or return Plekanec on the third .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.