HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kyle Clifford to Philadelphia

Old
07-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Tripod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Because of their...

wait for it...

here we go....

SYSTEM.
ok...but both LA and Philly scored 133 goals last year....SAME RESULTS IN GF. Why would Simmonds % of points go way down in LA....IF he got to play the PP.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Tripod

In fairness...When you have Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Ovie, St.Louis, Karlsson in the East, teams will be more offensive. In fact, there are many times that you have to because these guys get a point or more every night.(yes...on average)

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Reclamation Project
オオシマ・ヒロミ

vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
ok...but both LA and Philly scored 133 goals last year....SAME RESULTS IN GF. Why would Simmonds % of points go way down in LA....IF he got to play the PP.

I've said it numerous times now. He would put up better numbers IF he played top minutes in all situations. Something he did NOT do when he played in LA.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:12 PM
cheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
First of all, Simmonds wasn't anything spectacular in his last season. And yes system does matter. Simmonds couldn't stand in the crease with out getting wiped out because the west is known for tight defense.

Simmonds would be a very good 3rd liner on the kings. Philly system and the open eastern conference style helps players like him do well.

Simmonds had very good moments and invisible moments. I'm not calling the flyers out, but you need to watch kings game with him.

I'm glad you guys like him and he's doing good there.

I for one just think he wouldn't do as good back here.

The system only matters so much. I remember quite clearly Simmonds having a great game vs Weber/Suter(2 of the best Dmen in the west) and he didn't shy away from the front of the net. Here's a video watch the 2 minute mark and you'll see Simmonds doing what he does best! Why can't Simmonds sit in front of the net on LAs PP...because of the system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
everytime I hear his name, I always think of that big red dog
Best post of the thread!

Last edited by spiny norman: 07-11-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: fixed youtube
cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Reclamation Project
オオシマ・ヒロミ

Video doesn't work cheesesteak. Try again, I'd like to see it (no sarcasm intended).

Old
07-11-2013, 02:35 PM
cheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Video doesn't work cheesesteak. Try again, I'd like to see it (no sarcasm intended).

Sorry I forget how to post YouTube videos . I thought it was supposed to be everything after the =?

cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Reclamation Project
オオシマ・ヒロミ

And to answer your question - we usually don't have ANYONE in front of the net...