HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ridiculous: Perezhogin treatment

Old
10-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
As well as he's playing he's still not putting up the points. Same with Plekanec.
Nor is Latendress somehow he seems to get the ice time.
Is it because he's a french local boy loved by all? Surely can't be for his point production

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Evil Ted

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Nor is Latendress somehow he seems to get the ice time.
Is it because he's a french local boy loved by all? Surely can't be for his point production
Perez could go back to Russia after this season is over there was talk of it last season mid way through. Playing 8 min a game cant be good for your confidence when its your 2nd year in. Maybe hes doing something the coaching staff just doesnt like but I dont think anyone watching the games has picked up on it yet.

The obvious solution I stated is before he should change his name to Alexander Desjardins then he would be good enough for the 2nd line.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
True, but in that case, read my prior thread.
Your last post completely contradicted itself. Almost every point that you make against Perezhogin could also be applied to Latendresse. Perezhogin at least has some good history of chemistry when playing with Kovalev and Plekanec. The only part of Latendresses game that dictates he should be on the second line over Samsonov or Perezhogin is his size and he doesn't even use that effectively. Kovalev and Samsonov were already starting to produce more chances, they were getting scored against less often, and they were starting to put up some points - taking that line apart now that they've started to show improvement is a slap in the face to everyone on the second line.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 03:43 PM
GoHabsGO252006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark View Post
Your last post completely contradicted itself. Almost every point that you make against Perezhogin could also be applied to Latendresse. Perezhogin at least has some good history of chemistry when playing with Kovalev and Plekanec. The only part of Latendresses game that dictates he should be on the second line over Samsonov or Perezhogin is his size and he doesn't even use that effectively. Kovalev and Samsonov were already starting to produce more chances, they were getting scored against less often, and they were starting to put up some points - taking that line apart now that they've started to show improvement is a slap in the face to everyone on the second line.
Agreed not to mention the main point that almost everyone overlooks, which is that Zhogs is not that small. He's 212 lbs. Lats is only 220. Zhogs completely outlclasses him in speed and effort. And Lats doesn't even play a very physical game. He has 1 good hit this year and is usually too slow to lay the body on anyone. Zhogs while not throwing devastating hits this year has been very physcial rubbing people out on the boards. And let's not forget who ended Keith Primeau's career.

On October 28th, 2006 VOTE PEPE FOR THE SECOND LINE.

GO HABS GO

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Perez could go back to Russia after this season is over there was talk of it last season mid way through. Playing 8 min a game cant be good for your confidence when its your 2nd year in. Maybe hes doing something the coaching staff just doesnt like but I dont think anyone watching the games has picked up on it yet.

The obvious solution I stated is before he should change his name to Alexander Desjardins then he would be good enough for the 2nd line.
Excellant point. I might also add that if Andrei Kostitsyn changed his name to Guy Richard we wouldn't be having this debate because Alex the Great would be back in Drumondville going through the proper developmental stages that 95% of the other players in the league go through.

Old
10-27-2006, 04:44 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Excellant point. I might also add that if Andrei Kostitsyn changed his name to Guy Richard we wouldn't be having this debate because Alex the Great would be back in Drumondville going through the proper developmental stages that 95% of the other players in the league go through.
before the prodigy came on board , 100% of our prospects went through the proper developmental stages . it must be a hard pill to swallow for our prospects in the AHL who , for the past one , two or three years have worked their butts off in the hope that they would get a chance to prove themselves at the NHL level only to see the oppurtunity passed to a player who is so obviously not ready for the NHL .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:51 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
*sigh*

No where have I put forth my opinion about Lats or Perez for that matter. I neither agreed or disagreed with putting Perez on the fourth and Lats on the 2nd.

Put it simply all I said, or tried to say was that the coaches simply put Lats on the 2nd line because "THEY" thought he fit the line more. Not "ME", not "YOU", but "THEY". And "THEY" thought Sammy was best on the 3rd line, thus it only makes sense to put Perez on the 4th as where else would you put him? And if that means Perez is being "shafted" then so be it, no big harm done. Its not as if putting Perez on the 4th line impacts the teams offense to any degree considering his production as of yet. And (my opinion) THEY probably picked Lats over Perez because of the type of player Lats is supposed to be.
And it's one measly game. Chill people. It's not as if some great catastrophe befell the Habs.

Personally if it was up to me, I probably would put Perez on the 2nd before Lats but again, I don't know crap so meh, who cares.

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 05:06 PM
KaptainKourage*

Yeah. That suck big time. Let me sum the whole forward thing up' :

Latendresse have been a non-factor and quite a dissapointement since the start of the season and go from 4th to 2nd line.
Samsonov do well, nothing more, and go from 2 to 3rd (that the good part)
Perezhogin play much more better than Latendresse and Samsonov but go from 3rd to 4th ? Disgusting ? Yeah. That the word.

I like Carbo overall job so far (honestly), but I dont get the lines change he did lasrt game .. but we won so

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 05:51 PM
Marchy79

Hey guys... interesting debate...

I hope nobody gets too offended by my thoughts here...
But here goes...
Perezhogin is proving his value RIGHT ****ING NOW with the Montreal Canadiens. His ilk is gaining valuye as we speak.
I like this kid.... We are heading in to glory years... and yes... for those whbo may ask...
I am in fact celebrating the Bostoin victory a day late... I will sacrifice some meat for the victory in Toronto tomorrow boys... KICK SOME MUTHA****IN LEAF ***

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 06:45 PM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
before the prodigy came on board , 100% of our prospects went through the proper developmental stages . it must be a hard pill to swallow for our prospects in the AHL who , for the past one , two or three years have worked their butts off in the hope that they would get a chance to prove themselves at the NHL level only to see the oppurtunity passed to a player who is so obviously not ready for the NHL .
Are ahl players had chances to make this team but the problem was no one stood out and no one was consistant. Kositsyn had a good camp but really strugle the first couple games and in my opinion the inconsistancy kositsyn showed in the first couple games was the deciding factor. Carbo was looking for consistency and guillaume was the only one that brought a consistant effort from game one in camp. With carbo coaching if latendresse dident show consistency he would of never made the team. I personaly think it was a good Idea to have a junior player make the team because it might make some other of are talented junior players realise if they have a superior camp, they two could make the team.

The hole latendresse thing is really buging me. I find it funny when people say, latendresse is on the second line just because his name is latendresse. You know what thats bull. Having a name like latendresse dosent allways have advantages for a player like him. Hes played 9 games in the nhl at 19 years old and the same fans who were praising him and giving him god status are all dumping on him now, and giving the guy a hard time, saying stuf like
he dosent belong here because hes got 0 goals and no points. You know if his name was ben maxwell, people would off ben a hole lot more patient with the guy and would off even been in favor off given him a 2nd line role even with 0 points. If carbo promotes perezhogin to the second line for 10 games and he dosent put up points fans well not be all over perezhogin. On the other hand if lats goes on the 2nd line for 10 games and dosent produce fans are going to jump all over him. Its not easy playing for the montreal canadiens. Sure a guy like latendresse gets all the media attention and it makes it easier for a guy like him to make a name for himself but it certainly dosent help him long term.

Perezhogin well get a shot on the second line. Carbo is trying to get some offense from that 4th line and all hes doing is trying diferent things. If perezhogin keeps playing this way and dosent whine and works hard during practise, carbo will reward him eventualy.

Last edited by oli500: 10-27-2006 at 06:50 PM.
oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 06:52 PM
LePoche69

My guess is that Latendresse is with the team because two things are true :

1- He can't learn much back in the Q where he doesn't have to play a real power foward game to be dominant.
2- If he developped in the NHL faster than anticipate, it's true he'll give us an asset we didn't have for a long time.

That said, I honnestly think that he will be in the AHL next year.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:01 PM
GSK*

Its sad for Perezhogin but be patient guys...

Its only the few first season game...

Perez will be on top-6/9 with PP before the half of the season.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Empireshark

[QUOTE=oli500;6906765]Are ahl players had chances to make this team but the problem was no one stood out and no one was consistant. Kositsyn had a good camp but really strugle the first couple games and in my opinion the inconsistancy kositsyn showed in the first couple games was the deciding factor. Carbo was looking for consistency and guillaume was the only one that brought a consistant effort from game one in camp. With carbo coaching if latendresse dident show consistency he would of never made the team. I personaly think it was a good Idea to have a junior player make the team because it might make some other of are talented junior players realise if they have a superior camp, they two could make the team.

The hole latendresse thing is really buging me. I find it funny when people say, latendresse is on the second line just because his name is latendresse. You know what thats bull. Having a name like latendresse dosent allways have advantages for a player like him. Hes played 9 games in the nhl at 19 years old and the same fans who were praising him and giving him god status are all dumping on him now, and giving the guy a hard time, saying stuf like
he dosent belong here because hes got 0 goals and no points. You know if his name was ben maxwell, people would off ben a hole lot more patient with the guy and would off even been in favor off given him a 2nd line role even with 0 points. If carbo promotes perezhogin to the second line for 10 games and he dosent put up points fans well not be all over perezhogin. On the other hand if lats goes on the 2nd line for 10 games and dosent produce fans are going to jump all over him. Its not easy playing for the montreal canadiens. Sure a guy like latendresse gets all the media attention and it makes it easier for a guy like him to make a name for himself but it certainly dosent help him long term.

Perezhogin well get a shot on the second line. Carbo is trying to get some offense from that 4th line and all hes doing is trying diferent things. If perezhogin keeps playing this way and dosent whine and works hard during practise, carbo will reward him eventualy.[/QUOTE

Wow ... wow ... I'm way to flabergasted to even think of a response to that.

Old
10-27-2006, 07:23 PM
oli500

[QUOTE=Empireshark;6906904]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
Are ahl players had chances to make this team but the problem was no one stood out and no one was consistant. Kositsyn had a good camp but really strugle the first couple games and in my opinion the inconsistancy kositsyn showed in the first couple games was the deciding factor. Carbo was looking for consistency and guillaume was the only one that brought a consistant effort from game one in camp. With carbo coaching if latendresse dident show consistency he would of never made the team. I personaly think it was a good Idea to have a junior player make the team because it might make some other of are talented junior players realise if they have a superior camp, they two could make the team.

Perezhogin well get a shot on the second line. Carbo is trying to get some offense from that 4th line and all hes doing is trying diferent things. If perezhogin keeps playing this way and dosent whine and works hard during practise, carbo will reward him eventualy.[/QUOTE

Wow ... wow ... I'm way to flabergasted to even think of a response to that.
Well its true, Latendresse hasent played 10 games and hes allready getting a bad rep. Hes allready being label as a player whos getting a "home town treatment". Latendresse is a talented kid and you have to give him time and some times you have to see what hes able to do on a offensive line. Perezhogin is supose to be an offensive player. This is his second year and hes yet to produce on a regurlar basis like hes supose too but the fans are being patient with him so why couldent we be patient latendresse.

I would love to see a
Perezhogin-plekanec-Latendresse line. Perezhogin is about to break out. Give him a guy with latendresse size and it might work out.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:58 PM
ShuttFan

I wish Karbonov would try this for Saturday's game.

Riidiir-Coyveux-Higanoff
Mctondress-Pliccanitch-Covaleau
Jonssen-Banc-Samsoneau
Persaugain-Biggins-Meuré

ShuttFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 09:05 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuttFan View Post
I wish Karbonov would try this for Saturday's game.

Riidiir-Coyveux-Higanoff
Mctondress-Pliccanitch-Covaleau
Jonssen-Banc-Samsoneau
Persaugain-Biggins-Meuré
Like I already said. Habs are 5 trades away to a Stanley cup.

Andrei Markov for André Marcoux
Alex Kovalev for Alex Kora
Sergei Samsonov for Serge Samson
Tomas Plekanec for Tomas Plesance
Saku Koivu for Simon Kerr

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 03:38 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
catmanhabsfan[/B];6902510]i dont think anyones trying to bash latendresse, but any one who actually watches habs games regularly will have to agree perez is playing much much better then lats. yeah so what he only has 2 points..well lats has 0. perez is in the + lats in -. perez looks dangerous almost every shift, and doesnt stop working. perez is hitting more than lats. lats only hits about 3 seconds after the guy lets go of the puck because he's so slow getting there. I still think lats will turn out a pretty good player, but fair is fair. perez has earned the chance to play more. hes put in 2 years in the ahl, 1 season back home, and his 2nd season with the habs. and now hes playing his *** off and never never takes a shift off. putting him on the 4th line is an insult to a player who deserves more. lats is lucky imho hes not being sent back to junior where i think he actually belongs right now. hes definately no patrice bergeron of a few years ago.
Right on I agree a 100%.

In fact...everyone is playing better than Latendresse (everyone). I'm a Latendresse fan, but...he needs ayear or two of more development (also good for confidence), also needs lots of power-skating lessons...

Perezhogin has been through the "program"...he has paid his dues (Russia 'cause of AHL suspension, AHL, NHL 4th, 3rd lines...) AND is oozing of potential (now...just let him show more).
Perezhogin deserves soooooo much more love from FANS, the coach (I'm a huge fan of Carbo, but...)...
I don't care that he is russian, Swedish, Australian, French from France, French Quebecois...let him play on the 2nd line...

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Schooner Guy

Perez should be given more opportunity to produce. IMO, he's very similar to players on Buffalo's forward lineup. Fast, good hands, works.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Rayne*

Am I the only one that Perezhogin is vastly overrated on this board? Yes, Latendresse doesn't deserve 2nd line time if he's not producing, but would Perezhogin suddenly be racking up the points if he were with Plekanec and Kovalev? Somehow, I doubt it.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
It's like many people are saying. Lats in on the second line and they are trying to do anythig to get him going because of his name. If he were Jack Jones, he wouldnt be on the team.

Perez though, he needs to learn how to become a finisher too.

Tucker316* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:44 PM
Habs33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecliptica View Post
Am I the only one that Perezhogin is vastly overrated on this board? Yes, Latendresse doesn't deserve 2nd line time if he's not producing, but would Perezhogin suddenly be racking up the points if he were with Plekanec and Kovalev? Somehow, I doubt it.

sure he will. then again both you and I will rack up points if we played on that line.

did you see the goal he scored tonight...his skill is not overrated.

Habs33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 12:28 AM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs33 View Post
sure he will. then again both you and I will rack up points if we played on that line.

did you see the goal he scored tonight...his skill is not overrated.
That was just beautiful.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 12:50 AM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Perez should be given more opportunity to produce. IMO, he's very similar to players on Buffalo's forward lineup. Fast, good hands, works.
And the goal he scored tonight should be evidence hes capable of playing on the second unit. Fast good hands and puck control. This is his season the coaching staff should give him a chance.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote