HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radulov takes a shot at Latendresse!

Old
10-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
Please, if you got it, you can flaunt it.
sorry. i dont agree . trust me this wont work long term .
its the NHL not WWE .Maybe we can start to have end zone celebration after each goal like the Nfl did .With moon walk back spins back flips maybe take a sharpie out of your glove sign your stick then throw it into the crowd after you score .

One thing to be confident and i dont mind that but to pi$$ in the face of all 23 guys after your score . HA that wont work long term in the NHL .Say what you want . Remember its a called a career . Just because KOvy is getting away with his antics today doesnt mean he wont pay tommrow .

Nov 4 Preds vs Wild
Thursday Nov 16 th the Predators play the Wild again . Im really hoping Radulov scores then skates pass the Wild's bench twirlin his stick like a baton .

You talk about his play ground in the Q .

like comparing downtown toronto to compton .

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 10-28-2006 at 12:23 AM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 12:10 AM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
sorry. i dont agree . trust me this wont work long term .
its the NHL not WWE .Maybe we can start to have end zone celebration after each goal like the Nfl did .With moon walk back spins back flips maybe take a shgarpie out of your glove sign you stick the throw it into the crowd after you score .

One thing to be confident and i dont mind that but to pi$$ in the face of all 23 guys after your score . HA that wont work long term in the NHL .Say what you want . Remember it called a career . just because KOvy getting away with his antic today doesnt mean he wont pay tommrow .

Thursday Nov 16 th the Predators play the Wild. im really hoping

Radulov scores then skate pass the Wild's bench twirlin his stick like a baton .

You talk about his play ground in the Q .

like comparing downtown toronto to compton .
Well there is always a backstory to it, he didn't just twirl for fun, just like he doesn't do that celebration everytime he scored last year (over 60 if I remember correctly?).

You have to be kidding me if you're saying somebody is going to take out Kovy in the future.

See I never understood this mentality about the NHL where if you celebrate with enthusiam, it's automatically bad. As long it's genuine, it's all good. I mean did anybody take Teemu because of the hunting rifle? Jagr because of the salute? Did Kovy get killed because he pointed at Crosby?

And downtown Toronto is pretty rough these days when you're shopping on christmas eve.

If anything in the new NHL flashy players are going to be even more protected because they are what the league is built around.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 12:13 AM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
And downtown Toronto is pretty rough these days when you're shopping on christmas eve.
If you think Toronto is rough, don't go to any big American city.

We're dirtier and sleazier, by a huge margin.

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 12:23 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
I don't get this backlash against Latendresse. He's been doing fine so far.
Me neither. I think it's counter-backlash to the perception he's there because he's French, he's a media darling, and is on the team because of it. It seems people resent that, but when you think about it, that attitude is no better than the other.

What I don't get is how people don't realize how grave an insult to Carbonneau and Gainey this is. Those two are not the types to bow to media pressure. They would not have kept Latendresse unless they had a plan.

Radulov is flashy and will get more attention because of it, not to mention he's a year older. But Latendresse has put up very comparable numbers in the Q at the same age. The style is so different though it's like apples and oranges.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 12:35 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Well there is always a backstory to it, he didn't just twirl for fun, just like he doesn't do that celebration everytime he scored last year (over 60 if I remember correctly?).
who was the last nhl player you can remember that did something even close to that ? And more than 1 time on a regular basis ?

Quote:
See I never understood this mentality about the NHL where if you celebrate with enthusiam, it's automatically bad. As long it's genuine, it's all good. I mean did anybody take Teemu because of the hunting rifle? Jagr because of the salute? Did Kovy get killed because he pointed at Crosby?

how many times you see Teemu do his duck hunt gig ?

Jagr salute? did he skate pass the opponents bench or out to center ice then begin saluting the opponets bench?

Kovy pointed at Crosby?Thats is One on One .He didnt skate by the entire bench pointing all every player did he?

Quote:
you google Compton . i wouldnt suggest you go christmas shopping there .it might not even be safe for you to google it

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 10-28-2006 at 12:40 AM.
Old
10-28-2006, 12:43 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Me neither. I think it's counter-backlash to the perception he's there because he's French, he's a media darling, and is on the team because of it. It seems people resent that, but when you think about it, that attitude is no better than the other.

What I don't get is how people don't realize how grave an insult to Carbonneau and Gainey this is. Those two are not the types to bow to media pressure. They would not have kept Latendresse unless they had a plan.

Radulov is flashy and will get more attention because of it, not to mention he's a year older. But Latendresse has put up very comparable numbers in the Q at the same age. The style is so different though it's like apples and oranges.
Relax, Radulov's still a kid, was his first game, he'll learn...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:04 AM
Astaroth

Quote:
who was the last nhl player you can remember that did something even close to that ? And more than 1 time on a regular basis ?

how many times you see Teemu do his duck hunt gig ?

Jagr salute? did he skate pass the opponents bench or out to center ice then begin saluting the opponets bench?

Kovy pointed at Crosby?Thats is One on One .He didnt skate by the entire bench pointing all every player did he?

you google Compton . i wouldnt suggest you go christmas shopping there .it might not even be safe for you to google it
Kovy did another time agaisnt the Rangers, yeha agaisnt their whole bench again. Most of them found it pretty funny.

And really how many times has Radulov done it?

Teemu use to do it like after every meaningful goal. He even did it when he scored on his own net for april's fools.

Jagr has calmed considerably since the late 2000s, interestingly about the same time he lost pleasure in playing hockey.

Okay there, I was being sarcastic about Compton. I was just poking fun at last year's incident in TO where crimestoppers were proclaiming that the town was lost to intercity violence.

And you want hardcore, don't go with mainstream gangsta references, say it's like freakin living in Bosnia-Herzogovina (trust me, you'd rather be in compton).

Old
10-28-2006, 01:06 AM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported Upstater View Post
If you think Toronto is rough, don't go to any big American city.

We're dirtier and sleazier, by a huge margin.
Don't I know it, I'm so used to walking round and about at 3-4 am in the morning. When I went to NY and LA, it was a rather big no no.

But I actually enjoy major american cities if it wasn't for 1)traffic 2)the rent; it's freakin criminal.

Old
10-28-2006, 01:27 AM
Slick Nick

Radulov's comment is dumb but he still gathered 61 goals 91 passes in 62 games while Lats had 83 points the same year.. and was a good player for team russia at the WJC.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:27 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
And really how many times has Radulov done it?
alot more than 1 or 2 times .

fast foward to the 1.24 mark . He got a thing for skating past the opponents bench rubbing it in .i dunno i just cant see this working without someone running him .

but hey if the opponets are laughing about it guess no big deal .maybe they will all high five him as he skates by there bench .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ddXrw5TS6M

Old
10-28-2006, 08:34 AM
gars59

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKourage View Post
Thornton got 19 pts while playing on the 4th line at his 1st year
1997-98 Boston Bruins NHL 55-3-4-7

gars59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 09:49 PM
HansonBro

Quote:
alot more than 1 or 2 times .

fast foward to the 1.24 mark . He got a thing for skating past the opponents bench rubbing it in .i dunno i just cant see this working without someone running him .

but hey if the opponets are laughing about it guess no big deal .maybe they will all high five him as he skates by there bench .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ddXrw5TS6M

that video doesnt show anything wrong with Radu. people need to get over this whole stick twirling/bench taunting business. He knows he cant do it in the NHL and who really knows why he did it b4. Maybe a certain player was taunting him all game and he scored so he rubbed it in...big deal...its only jr. id rub it in too if some other guy was pi$$in me off all game...but again in Jr.

HansonBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:36 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansonBro View Post
that video doesnt show anything wrong with Radu. people need to get over this whole stick twirling/bench taunting business. He knows he cant do it in the NHL and who really knows why he did it b4. Maybe a certain player was taunting him all game and he scored so he rubbed it in...big deal...its only jr. id rub it in too if some other guy was pi$$in me off all game...but again in Jr.
Thing is .. the last Habs prospect who was acting like that was Mike Ribeiro, so you can expect Habs fan to turn Radulov's action down.

But he won the memorial cup for his team and played extremely well in that final game so that make up for it. At least for me.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 11:03 PM
canadian_man_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Sad but true. And for the guy with the comment that Radulov was sent down, well he is back up and has scored. For al his impressive training camps, Lats has not only not scored but has not even picked up a point.
Lats gets his first NHL goal against Edmonton on Tuesday, November 7th. It wasn't a pretty goal, but it's still a goal and might be what he needs to get that confidence boost. Also, he actually got a chance to play with some very good players on a few shifts. IMHO Lats would put up a lot more points if he was on a line with a really good veteran who could give this kid some leadership on the ice.

canadian_man_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 10:06 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Radulov's comment is dumb but he still gathered 61 goals 91 passes in 62 games while Lats had 83 points the same year.. and was a good player for team russia at the WJC.
No doubt that Radulov has more offensive potential. But him and his ex-coach Roy have some mental problems to solve. What did Latendresse told them last year to receive such bashing from these two bozos ? It is none of their ****ing business !

Anyway, Radulov is back in the AHL riding the buses... Good for him !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 11:46 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian_man_44 View Post
Lats gets his first NHL goal against Edmonton on Tuesday, November 7th. It wasn't a pretty goal, but it's still a goal and might be what he needs to get that confidence boost. Also, he actually got a chance to play with some very good players on a few shifts. IMHO Lats would put up a lot more points if he was on a line with a really good veteran who could give this kid some leadership on the ice.
It took how many games? One decent game does not make a season. I hope he does well, because if he is the team is likely also doing well. That said, I will not jump onto the bandwagon until he puts in a consistant effort and gets more points. What has he done to deserve to be more then a 4th liner? As for Radulov going back to the minors I am a little suprised but might be because the Preds have more forward depth then the Habs. Radulov did manage 2 goals in only 6 games and was +2.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote