HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tony Marinaro interviews George Laraque

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-11-2013, 06:15 PM
  #101
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 17,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I don't care about Parros ability or non-ability to fight. Not important. Until we find somebody who can, he relieves Prust from that pressure. We need Prust the hockey play to play hockey. Not to injure himself fighting. It relieves everybody who thinks they are fine because he's there. It's 1 freakin year. Honestly, we didn't commit to 4 years. We'll see what he's about and if he's done...he's gone. Until then, everybody in the Habs lineup relaxes a little even if he ends losing all of his fights. At the very least, he'll go at it.
It's not a big deal, and I never said it was. As you say it's one year. Hopefully it relieves Prust of some pressure. But the point of having an enforcer is to keep dirt bags like Colton Orr from trying to take out Plekanec's knee and sucker punching Bourque in the face because they know they WILL have to face a puncher who could give them a concussion. Especially if they know they have to play another team with a puncher the next day. Parros won't have that deterrent effect because Orr will think : Oh he'll grab me to death...big deal.

Quote:
Now....it's all about being relevant. How the heck are you allowed to say such things when you actually weren't able to do your job properly. Oh because Jacques Martin didn't want to? But he played 33 games with Carbonneau...was he that much intimidating? Or did he solely concentrated in doing some staged fights? Wasn't he on the ice when Brule blindsided Chipchura? How dare does this guy say that the opponents were shy when he was dressed?

He does not have the relevancy to state such statements towards a guy who ACTUALLY does his job better than him as far as protecting guys and still is relevant enough to do his job. How come Laraque wasn't contacted after his stint with the Habs if he's so important to any team? Yes, sorry, usually I'm more "don't hate the player, hate the game" but in that instance, it is impossible to go and forget who the player is....The guy was fired during the season. How many tons of players did that happen....
I don't give a crap about what Laraque did or didn't do with the habs or elsewhere and it's 100% irrelevant to his comments on Parros. Either way, not interested in discussing Laraque's time with us. And I probably think the same things everyone else think. It just doesn't matter. Because, in the end, everyone's opinion is valid on this subject no matter what. Because if Laraque is not qualified to speak on this subject because of his past with the habs then none of us are either.

Des Louise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:18 PM
  #102
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,063
vCash: 500
Christ, even Tony's voice is fat.

edit: and Laraque is a massive deucher.

edit2: Tony's lame thing about punching Lucic in the teeth is just a bit less lame than Laraque saying that it's a bad example for the kids.

edit3: Laraque thinks that he embarrassed Lucic. This is so pathetic.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:26 PM
  #103
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Christ, even Tony's voice is fat.

edit: and Laraque is a massive deucher.

edit2: Tony's lame thing about punching Lucic in the teeth is just a bit less lame than Laraque saying that it's a bad example for the kids.

edit3: Laraque thinks that he embarrassed Lucic. This is so pathetic.
edit4: why on earth did you waste precious moments of your life listening to these two stooges?

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:30 PM
  #104
Moen is Gone
@MoeninGlory
 
Moen is Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grenoble
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
It's not a big deal, and I never said it was. As you say it's one year. Hopefully it relieves Prust of some pressure. But the point of having an enforcer is to keep dirt bags like Colton Orr from trying to take out Plekanec's knee and sucker punching Bourque in the face because they know they WILL have to face a puncher who could give them a concussion. Especially if they know they have to play another team with a puncher the next day. Parros won't have that deterrent effect because Orr will think : Oh he'll grab me to death...big deal.



I don't give a crap about what Laraque did or didn't do with the habs or elsewhere and it's 100% irrelevant to his comments on Parros. Either way, not interested in discussing Laraque's time with us. And I probably think the same things everyone else think. It just doesn't matter. Because, in the end, everyone's opinion is valid on this subject no matter what. Because if Laraque's opinion is invalid, then none of our opinions are and we should shut this board down.
Except none of us spend hours and hours each week talking about what we did. At the end of the day all Laraque does is trying to justify what he did and why. There are tons of other ex-players invited on tv or radio, but only a few will compare what active players do with what they did themselves. And amongst those, Laraque seems to be the one with the shortest resume.

I don't mind Laraque the person, he seems like a friendly and rather articulate guy. But IMHO he wouldn't be so criticized if sometimes he put on a more neutral analyst costume, instead of the "Hey-folks--remember-when-I-was-a-Hab?" nostalgic ****-disturber

Moen is Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:31 PM
  #105
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
edit4: why on earth did you waste precious moments of your life listening to these two stooges?
I had to stop by 18min, can't believe those two turds kept going for another 14 minutes after that.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:32 PM
  #106
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,570
vCash: 500
I know some may disagree, but to be completely honest, I truly feel that Laraque would have lost that fight vs Lucic had they actually dropped.

Laraque was on the downside of his career. He got the crap beat out of him by Erskine soon after, and also lost vs that dude from the Islanders (name escapes me, Fritz?).

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:32 PM
  #107
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
It's not a big deal, and I never said it was. As you say it's one year. Hopefully it relieves Prust of some pressure. But the point of having an enforcer is to keep dirt bags like Colton Orr from trying to take out Plekanec's knee and sucker punching Bourque in the face because they know they WILL have to face a puncher who could give them a concussion. Especially if they know they have to play another team with a puncher the next day. Parros won't have that deterrent effect because Orr will think : Oh he'll grab me to death...big deal.
Or...who cares about Laraque, he'll fax me his invitation and if I'm not interested, he's not going to force me. Or...his coach doesn't want him to fight....so I don't care if he's there or not. Or, Laraque do NOT want to take an extra penalty, so I could do what I want. Honestly...there are more reasons for Laraque to not do his job properly, so other players had to have figure this out and not be scared of him as GREAT a fighter he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I don't give a crap about what Laraque did or didn't do with the habs or elsewhere and it's 100% irrelevant to his comments on Parros. Either way, not interested in discussing Laraque's time with us. And I probably think the same things everyone else think. It just doesn't matter. Because, in the end, everyone's opinion is valid on this subject no matter what. Because if Laraque is not qualified to speak on this subject because of his past with the habs then none of us are either.
Don't get me wrong. Laraque is totally WAY more entitled to say who's good and who isn't good at fighting for the reason that he was on the ice with them, so obviously way more than us. But where he isn't entitled to say is that how GREAT a job he'll do. 'Cause THAT, he has no idea since he didn't do it. Laraque is a GREAT fighter who didn't use that ability. So even if Parros ends up sucking, he'd do a better job. So I guess the appropriate comment would have been to say that Parros job won't be to win and talk about his technique but to say that he will have to come to his teamates' defense, something he was not able to do based on whatever reasons he wants to have....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:39 PM
  #108
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Or...who cares about Laraque, he'll fax me his invitation and if I'm not interested, he's not going to force me. Or...his coach doesn't want him to fight....so I don't care if he's there or not. Or, Laraque do NOT want to take an extra penalty, so I could do what I want. Honestly...there are more reasons for Laraque to not do his job properly, so other players had to have figure this out and not be scared of him as GREAT a fighter he was.

Don't get me wrong. Laraque is totally WAY more entitled to say who's good and who isn't good at fighting for the reason that he was on the ice with them, so obviously way more than us. But where he isn't entitled to say is that how GREAT a job he'll do. 'Cause THAT, he has no idea since he didn't do it. Laraque is a GREAT fighter who didn't use that ability. So even if Parros ends up sucking, he'd do a better job. So I guess the appropriate comment would have been to say that Parros job won't be to win and talk about his technique but to say that he will have to come to his teamates' defense, something he was not able to do based on whatever reasons he wants to have....
I find it telling that Laraque completely glosses over how much of a useless loser he was during his Habs stint. From the injuries, to the side-show media attention and especially regarding his lockerroom presence which was so toxic that Gainey paid him to go home.

And afterward, no one wanted him but Parros and Lucic and even Komisarek are still in the league. Tony Marinaro's the real criminal here though. He makes a very strong case against immigration.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:46 PM
  #109
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I know some may disagree, but to be completely honest, I truly feel that Laraque would have lost that fight vs Lucic had they actually dropped.

Laraque was on the downside of his career. He got the crap beat out of him by Erskine soon after, and also lost vs that dude from the Islanders (name escapes me, Fritz?).
Laraque has destroyed guys that beat Lucic...you're way off base on that one.

Fritz is the only one I saw him lose as a Hab and it was a matter fighting an awkward(taller) guy.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:00 PM
  #110
izzy75
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
I've never understood the animus towards Tony Marinaro.

izzy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:06 PM
  #111
Lionel Mandrake
Generic user
 
Lionel Mandrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: In the shadows
Country: Canada
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post
As much as BGL should shut his mouth sometimes, the worst part is he was right with his declaration.. Watched a bunch of fights last night and Parros is not a scary guy, just like Prust he'll fight anyone and not lose too badly, but he won't hurt anyone too bad with his fists either.
As far as I'm concerned, all you need for the enforcing to be useful is a guy willing to drop the gloves with the ones looking for a partner on the other team. He doesn't need to KO anybody, just hold his own. This lets the smaller less physical players worry about their game and even grow an inch or two when the going gets tough.

All enforcers lose fights from time to time. It happens. They'll still get cheers and a positive response (hopefully) from their teammates for being true warriors (we've already seen it with Prust).

Lionel Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:09 PM
  #112
Moen is Gone
@MoeninGlory
 
Moen is Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grenoble
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy75 View Post
I've never understood the animus towards Tony Marinaro.


(that was 2 years ago, but still pretty accurate)

Moen is Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:18 PM
  #113
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy75 View Post
I've never understood the animus towards Tony Marinaro.
Jellybeans, is that you?

Tony is reviled because he doesn't know anything about hockey and he voices uneducated, inarticulate thoughts without a hint of critical analysis or honesty.

He's a shill and a coward and plays to the worst kinds of fans and listeners.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:23 PM
  #114
izzy75
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Jellybeans, is that you?

Tony is reviled because he doesn't know anything about hockey and he voices uneducated, inarticulate thoughts without a hint of critical analysis or honesty.

He's a shill and a coward and plays to the worst kinds of fans and listeners.
And yet, he's getting paid top dollar - given the city he's in, the topics he discusses, etc - to do what you and I do for free. Perhaps you should contact TSN and explain all of this to them. Clearly they've hired the wrong man. I have no doubt you'll set them, RDS, and all of the advertisers straight.

izzy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:31 PM
  #115
GrindNMuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 609
vCash: 500
This is 100% True. That's why i hate when fans, and other people judge on what someone says when they don't know the truth, or know anything. It's obvious Parros is not a scary guy, He is not a good fighter. He can do the job but he isnt scary. You don't get scared from those types of fighters in the NHL, Like Parros his fighting style wont hurt players. More people are scared of those hard T2T fighters, like Orr, Neil Etc. Laraque is completely right here.

To all the fans that don't know what there talking about with fighting, and the role of a enforcer, should not say a word.


Last edited by GrindNMuck: 07-11-2013 at 07:32 PM. Reason: spelling
GrindNMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:35 PM
  #116
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Jellybeans, is that you?

Tony is reviled because he doesn't know anything about hockey and he voices uneducated, inarticulate thoughts without a hint of critical analysis or honesty.

He's a shill and a coward and plays to the worst kinds of fans and listeners.
He plays a character on the radio and is paid 6 figures for it. The fact that you buy that that he is sincere means he's really good at it.

Same for Don Cherry. Same for PJ Stock. Same for Pierre McGuire.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:48 PM
  #117
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I know some may disagree, but to be completely honest, I truly feel that Laraque would have lost that fight vs Lucic had they actually dropped.

Laraque was on the downside of his career. He got the crap beat out of him by Erskine soon after, and also lost vs that dude from the Islanders (name escapes me, Fritz?).
Interesting tjought. Against todays Lucic, old BGL may have lost. But Lucic was still pretty young then. Prime BGL would beat anyone who plays today with his freak strength.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:53 PM
  #118
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Le Tigre View Post
Interesting tjought. Against todays Lucic, old BGL may have lost. But Lucic was still pretty young then. Prime BGL would beat anyone who plays today with his freak strength.
Erskine beat the crap out of him when he was with the Habs.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:55 PM
  #119
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy75 View Post
And yet, he's getting paid top dollar - given the city he's in, the topics he discusses, etc - to do what you and I do for free. Perhaps you should contact TSN and explain all of this to them. Clearly they've hired the wrong man. I have no doubt you'll set them, RDS, and all of the advertisers straight.
That's like saying PJ Stock and Glenn Healy are intelligent analysts because they work for the CBC.

Tony is an entertainer, nothing else.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:59 PM
  #120
izzy75
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Tony is an entertainer, nothing else.
Yup - and he's damn good at it. Truly enjoy listening to him... and I live in Toronto!

izzy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  #121
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Erskine beat the crap out of him when he was with the Habs.
He did. But Erskie is a tough dude and also has a dominant win against Lucic.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:07 PM
  #122
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Erskine beat the crap out of him when he was with the Habs.


we have different meaning of " beat the crap"

get the jump and throw 3-4 punchs and go for the takedown isn't "beat the crap"

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:17 PM
  #123
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,255
vCash: 500
A negative and a negative equals a positive.

An idiot and an idiot doesn't equate to something intelligent being said.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:18 PM
  #124
MooseOllini
BobBarker
 
MooseOllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,965
vCash: 500
George Laraque
Hockey bum, professional teksavvy commercial actor, rapper, vegan, troll, politician.

He starts alot of **** but doesnt finish any of them... what a bum. He's just a **** disturber

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:26 PM
  #125
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,118
vCash: 500
why the hell would I care about that Laraque has to say about anything?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.