HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Division C: Who has the best pool of prospects?

Old
07-11-2013, 02:16 PM
jwolf

vCash: 500
Division C: Who has the best pool of prospects?

In terms of prospects and youth, how would you guys rank our division moving forward? Since The Habs won't be ready to contend for the Cup in 2013-14 (barring any unforeseen heroics) , I feel this is the most important question facing Marc Bergevin & Co. :

Will The Habs be a force to reckon with year in and year out or will we still be a bubble team?

jwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:52 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

I think we will be a force in a few years, seeing our core consists of guys like Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Eller, Subban, Tinordi, and Price, plus some great prospects in the system, such as Beaulieu, Collberg, McCarron, Fucale, Thomas, De La Rose, Dietz, Lehkonen, Bozon, Hudon, Thrower, Pateryn, Bournival, Vail, Nygren, Leblanc, Andrighetto, etc...

Aside from us, Ottawa has a pretty good young core and group of prospects, as well as the Leafs and Panthers. I'm not as convinced about the quality of the Bruins prospects, aside from Subban, Hamilton, Khoklachev, Spooner, and Morrow, they don't have much depth.

I'd say it's either us or Ottawa who has the best group of prospects.

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:56 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahH57 View Post
I think we will be a force in a few years, seeing our core consists of guys like Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Eller, Subban, Tinordi, and Price, plus some great prospects in the system, such as Beaulieu, Collberg, McCarron, Fucale, Thomas, De La Rose, Dietz, Lehkonen, Bozon, Hudon, Thrower, Pateryn, Bournival, Vail, Nygren, Leblanc, Andrighetto, etc...

Aside from us, Ottawa has a pretty good young core and group of prospects, as well as the Leafs and Panthers. I'm not as convinced about the quality of the Bruins prospects, aside from Subban, Hamilton, Khoklachev, Spooner, and Morrow, they don't have much depth.

I'd say it's either us or Ottawa who has the best group of prospects.
I wouldn't underrate Tampa, either; good crop of kids there...I honestly think that Detroit & Toronto are overrated in their prospect pool's depth...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 03:55 PM
boynickname

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
I wouldn't underrate Tampa, either; good crop of kids there...I honestly think that Detroit & Toronto are overrated in their prospect pool's depth...
Good question. I agree with you that Det and Tor are overrated. I would have to say Ottawa had the most depth last year (they lost the best forward, d-man and goalie and still made the playoffs)

boynickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 04:45 PM
showme25

I think Buffalo could turn out pretty good, as well.

showme25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Teufelsdreck

The Devils are one team the Habs won't have to worry about. They suffered important losses through free agency last year and this and now Kovalchuk has announced his retirement per nhl.com.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 0
Buffalo.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Dagistitsyn

Definitely Buffalo..

I hate Buffalo so much too.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:55 PM
NateTheGr8

So jealous when Buffalo got Ristolainen and Zadorov Last year they got Grigorenko and Girgensons. Also they have Armia and Pysyk, solid prospects.

NateTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Bullsmith

Leafs pool looks pretty weak to me. After Reilly I don't see many players with a lot of upside that haven't already graduated. They've got bodies, but not a ton of talent.

Ottawa's had a very good talent pipeline lately. Buffalo has a bunch of high-risk, high-reward prospects. If half of them pan out they look to have some impact players in their system.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallyisabeaut View Post
So jealous when Buffalo got Ristolainen and Zadorov Last year they got Grigorenko and Girgensons. Also they have Armia and Pysyk, solid prospects.
They clearly have the top heavy group, but they don't have near the depth we have.

With this last draft, I'd say we have one of the real best prospect pool in terms of depth. We don't have many high end prospect out of Beaulieu (Read none after Beaulieu.) But we have a bunch of great 7.0C 7.5C prospects.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote