HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Buf-edm

Old
07-11-2013, 01:08 PM
LongWayDown37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
You can't actually be an Oilers fan since you clearly haven't watched any of the games. Yakupov is far more physical than Vanek. The last thing we need is another erimeter player.
WOAH! I can understanding Edm not liking the trade - but Vanek a perimeter player?! What? You've apparently never seen him play. He scores at least half of his goals parked in front of the net taking a brutal beating. Its why he's injured so frequently - Vanek doesn't shy away from contact enough.

LongWayDown37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 01:08 PM
ekcut
Total by in. 2 - 98

Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2892 View Post
We'll keep Ott, thanks. And I'm pretty sure Darcy won't be taking calls from Edmonton as long as Kevin Lowe is involved with the organization.
I don't believe that.
Edmonton and Anahiem have made deals since the Penner offer sheet.
Calgary and Colorado deal none stop since the Ryan Orielly abortion.

Short term memories in the NHL.

(Except for Pronger... He is still a DB)

ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 01:11 PM
ekcut
Total by in. 2 - 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
something around Ott for Gagner ?
Value wise, this is a good start. But this doesn't make the Oilers better. We have no other options for a 2nd line centre. So I'd pass.

Old
07-11-2013, 01:30 PM
ZeroPT*

vCash: 50
The sabres shouldn't be looking to move ott. This might **** some fans off but it's my opinion, the oilers haven't rebuilt properly because they don't have enough steve Ott's, sometimes when I watched them they lacked emotion. Hall and Yakupov are the two most emotional players on that team. It seems as if you need swagger and confidence to win a cup and Ott brings just that, the Oilers need more of that. just my 2cents.

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 01:37 PM
ekcut
Total by in. 2 - 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
The sabres shouldn't be looking to move ott. This might **** some fans off but it's my opinion, the oilers haven't rebuilt properly because they don't have enough steve Ott's, sometimes when I watched them they lacked emotion. Hall and Yakupov are the two most emotional players on that team. It seems as if you need swagger and confidence to win a cup and Ott brings just that, the Oilers need more of that. just my 2cents.
117% true

But in the Oil's defence. With the #1 pick, you dont go looking for Steve Ott. You look for Steve Stamkos and find a way to get Ott later.
This is the exact thing we are doing. Boyd Gordon's overpayment is a prime example.
I don't blame Sabre fans for wanting to keep Ott. But are you in a position to win now? If not, then turning Ott into picks/prospects maybe wise (as long as you have other leadership remaining to help with the youth movement)

Old
07-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
117% true

If not, then turning Ott into picks/prospects maybe wise (as long as you have other leadership remaining to help with the youth movement)
Frankly, we don't. We had the youngest NHL roster at the end of last season and it looks to be that way again.

Mit Yarrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:04 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGass4 View Post
This is quite possibly the worst trade proposal I have ever seen from an Oiler point of view.
You need to look at some more trade proposals.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:05 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
Value wise, this is a good start. But this doesn't make the Oilers better. We have no other options for a 2nd line centre. So I'd pass.
The Sabres would not trade Ott for Sam Gagner.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Meichel Kane
My Name Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
If it's Yakupov, you can add Ennis to replace him first of all, then add Hackett + Larsson + +
"Here's where your trade proposal went off the rails. You offered your best player. Why would I want your best player? Get rid of him in the offer. Replace him with the undersized perimeter player someone described Vanek as. Now add some of the decent prospects you acquired when you traded away Pominville, a trade I read about. And now add MORE PLUSES because I don't know any other valuable assets that you have, but Yakupov is a generational forward, of which we only have four."

Meichel Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Sabre the Win
Sabre Die Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Oilers have zero interest in trading Yakupov unless it's overpayment. You build teams around players like Yakupov. Yakupov is a 1st overall pick, let's get real.
That's not really the best way to look at a 1st overall pick. Last years draft class wasn't the strongest, Yakupov wasn't hyped up like Jones and McKinnon. Next years draft Connor McDavid is hyped up more than all 3 of those guys especially with Sid the Kid admiring his style of play.

What I'm trying to say is, some draft classes the 1st overall far exceeds that of the previous years 1st overall so by just basing a player by the position they were drafted is not the smartest way to look at a player.

For all you know the 2nd and 3rd overall in that draft class of last year with Yakupov could end up a better player in the future or even Grigorenko who for awhile was 1B next to Yakupov 1A in a few years could be that superstar the 1st overall was thought to be.

Your logic doesn't make sense.

Sabre the Win is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 03:02 PM
MisterD
5-14-6-1

I like Vanek, but I'm not willing to part with our recent first overall draft pick and one of our top D prospects for a player that could walk in one year.

MisterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 03:31 PM
CraniumCram
cram it

What about Vanek for Eberle? I feel like Yak definitely has a higher ceiling, and Ebs would be more reasonable to target. Who knows, maybe we could work out a sign and trade? Vanek is exactly what that top 6 needs, a bull scorer that can break through traffic and be an elite net presence. Eberle is more of a perimeter player than Vanek is, so I think its an upgrade for EDM.

Maybe....

Vanek
McNabb (Punishing presence would look great on young oil Blueline)
Cond '14 2nd (If Vanek walks)

for

Eberle
Cond '14 1st (if he extends. If EDM had Vanek and McNabb, this would be a pick in the late teens-20's.)

Or the picks could be avoided altogether if Vanek signed and was then traded.

That way the Oil get some compensation if he leaves, and still have McNabb. I doubt he would though, he was willing to years ago when he signed the offer sheet.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Elum

vCash: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
something around Ott for Gagner ?
No way the Sabres trade Ott for Gagner.

Elum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Jazzy B

Sabres fans have the right to be upset with some of the comments in this thread, but that trade OP suggested is a fleecing by the Sabres - you'd be getting a potential 40 goal scorer for a player whose going to walk as a UFA.

As an Oilers fan, that's a no.

Jazzy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 04:07 PM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
NO no no no no no

Yakupov isn't going anywhere unless we're getting Weber and Nashville is paying for part of his contract.

No no no NO way to this deal.

Sorry, but no.
Weber at 50% salary

for

Eberle
RNH
Yakupov

Yup.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:25 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
117% true

But in the Oil's defence. With the #1 pick, you dont go looking for Steve Ott. You look for Steve Stamkos and find a way to get Ott later.
This is the exact thing we are doing. Boyd Gordon's overpayment is a prime example.
I don't blame Sabre fans for wanting to keep Ott. But are you in a position to win now? If not, then turning Ott into picks/prospects maybe wise (as long as you have other leadership remaining to help with the youth movement)
Exhibit A: Why the Oilers rebuild has been so brutal and long and they're still picking in the top 10. You need the right support players, or the team is never going to get any better.

And frankly, Buffalo doesn't have anything (or much of it) in the way of veteran leaders outside of Ott. He's a complementary piece, but one with the kind of attitude and work ethic that you hope rubs off on the younger guys. He seems genuinely happy to be in Buffalo, and with his BFF Weber locked up, I don't think we'll have any trouble signing him to an extension. I don't think anything he would reasonably return in a trade provides anything close to the value Ott himself does to this team right now.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Nuke

Sabres offer Myers, Ott, and Miller for Yak.

Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Djp

Quote:
117% true

Buffalo's rebuilding project is nowhere near as long as edmontons. The feeling is this year is a step back then they are a bubble team in 14/15.

Ott is a leadership/character guy.

If they trade Ott then Weber likely gets dealt with. Him.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:49 PM
ZeroPT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Sabres offer Myers, Ott, and Miller for Yak.
no they don't. why are you so eager to move Myers?? have some patience and faith in the organization, If we're basing this solely off potential then Myers HAS THE POTENTIAL to be a #1 D-man, and Yakupov a number 1 Winger. #1D>#1W

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
no they don't. why are you so eager to move Myers?? have some patience and faith in the organization, If we're basing this solely off potential then Myers HAS THE POTENTIAL to be a #1 D-man, and Yakupov a number 1 Winger. #1D>#1W
Because he's expendable with our D-Depth. We have Risto, Zadorov, Erhoff, Pysyk, McCabe, and McNabb.

I value Myers very highly, which is why I would only move him for a big piece, and we just drafted two D-Men who have just as much potential as Myers does to be Number 1 D-Men.

Question...do you think Pysyk and McCabe will be bottom pairing type of guys? Well if we keep all our D-Men, they probably will be.

Myers - Zadorov
Risto - Erhoff
Pysyk - McCabe

McNabb/Weber

Old
07-11-2013, 08:41 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Because he's expendable with our D-Depth. We have Risto, Zadorov, Erhoff, Pysyk, McCabe, and McNabb.

I value Myers very highly, which is why I would only move him for a big piece, and we just drafted two D-Men who have just as much potential as Myers does to be Number 1 D-Men.

Question...do you think Pysyk and McCabe will be bottom pairing type of guys? Well if we keep all our D-Men, they probably will be.

Myers - Zadorov
Risto - Erhoff
Pysyk - McCabe

McNabb/Weber
So...Myers is expendable because of a bunch of kids who haven't even established that they're NHLers, let alone that they can replace his actual minutes or potential? Yeah, OK.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Beezer
Trochek Was Tripped!

The value is there with Vanek but I think he would have to be signed longer for this to even be considered a starting point. Buff would still have to add to the deal. Maybe a 2014 1st and I would almost insist on Tyler Myers on D instead of Erhoff if I were Edmonton! He's 8yrs younger and has the tools to be productive if he can stay healthy. And again this is considering Vanek signed for only the 1yr.

Nail Yakupov
Ales Hemsky
Martin Marincin

To EDM:

Thomas Vanek
Tyler Myers
2014 1st

edit: misworded last sentence about how long Vanek signed for.

Last edited by Beezer: 07-11-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
So...Myers is expendable because of a bunch of kids who haven't even established that they're NHLers, let alone that they can replace his actual minutes or potential? Yeah, OK.
Why are you concerned about next year still? I hope they win 3 games next year.

Old
07-11-2013, 09:38 PM
veedubn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
The value is there with Vanek but I think he would have to be signed longer for this to even be considered a starting point. Buff would still have to add to the deal. Maybe a 2014 1st and I would almost insist on Tyler Myers on D instead of Erhoff if I were Edmonton! He's 8yrs younger and has the tools to be productive if he can stay healthy. And again this is considering Vanek signed for longer then 1yr.

Nail Yakupov
Ales Hemsky
Martin Marincin

To EDM:

Thomas Vanek
Tyler Myers
2014 1st
No one wants Hemsky and very few people out side of Edmonton look at Marincin the way you do, and for good reason.

Ridiculous.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Beezer
Trochek Was Tripped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
No one wants Hemsky and very few people out side of Edmonton look at Marincin the way you do, and for good reason.

Ridiculous.
Agreed nobody wants Hemsky but remember he's off the books after this season freeing up valuable cap space to get Yakupov signed longterm to a reasonable deal. The proposal I misworded the last sentence. It is suppose to be with Vanek signed for only a yr. trading him away and getting Yakupov would be a nice return. If Vanek was signed longer it would probably be a totally different situation. Also, keep in mind I'm not an Edmonton fan so I went by what people are saying about Marincin. If he's not a top end prospect then replace him in the deal with someone who is.

Last edited by spiny norman: 07-12-2013 at 12:30 AM. Reason: qd[
Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote