HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gimme $7 million per Plus or I walk..

Old
07-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
He writes novels

on HF

More like epics. On HF.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
I think Stanbo is correct..thecap will be at least $75 million because revenues were up over 21% on a 48 game season and if you project that for 82 games you get a business generating nearly $ 4 billion. .up from the $3.3 BILLION it was before the lockout.. Midpoint would be $2billion to players dived by 30 teams equals $66.667 MILLION WITH the cap amount set to15% above that since theoretically half the teams are above midpoint and half spend below it but the 2nd limiting factor is that the range between floor and upper csp limmit cannot be greater than $28 million.. This means the upper cap is the lessor of $80.667 million or 1.15 x the $66.667 million mid-point which is only $76 million..Since the business isa bit under the 4 billion rounded estimate I used we can say Stanbo is correct in predicting a cap per team max of approx. $75 million...But several factors not included like EVEN GREATER revenues from those six outdoor games though the over 21% growth projection ovet the pre-lockout year may be offset because the 48 game season that this is projected for 82 games on started when american college and nfl seasons were over and in some american markets we know nhl attendances only pick up after December..But ahain any lessor effects on growth from that are going to be offset by those huge outdoor games revenues to some degree..Other variables affecting this could be disinterest as a result of the Olympics break..such that attendances for teams out of the playoff picture at that time may languish after the Olympics...and finally the effect if the Canadian$ should fall a lot vs. the U.S. Dollar. .but discounting those unknown variables I think most GMs are bamking on a cap of around$75 million at least.
HRR is not evenly distributed throughout the year. Most of it occurred in the playoffs which would have been played either way.

The league needs consecutive 10% growth ( from 11-12) to get $74 mil. ( ignoring 2012-13 )

The Canadian Tv deal money won't kick in until the summer of Toews and Kane.

Last edited by Hawkscap: 07-11-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
[/B]

More like epics. On HF.
...from his padded cell.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
...from his padded cell.
Well yeah, of course. That's a given.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 04:56 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaronIndian View Post
Stan Bowman predicted that the cap will be close to 75 million $ in 2014-2015 season. There is a thread on BoH discussing this.

2014-15 cap to hit $75m? (2013 escrow near 17%)
Thanks - that makes me breath a little easier. I was expecting another 2010 type blood letting come next summer. Hopefully HRR keeps going up and the Hawks can keep this train running.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:01 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
I think Stanbo is correct..thecap will be at least $75 million ...
I hope you and Stanbo are right.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:20 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Thanks - that makes me breath a little easier. I was expecting another 2010 type blood letting come next summer. Hopefully HRR keeps going up and the Hawks can keep this train running.
Worse case scenario, the Chicago Blackhawks trade Oduya and Rozsival next summer to free up approximately $5.5 million in salary cap space for Hjalmarsson and Crawford.

SLarmer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:21 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
Look... I love Crawford, but if he seriously wants $7 million a year, I'll be more than happy to hold the door open for him as he walks.

No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:31 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
Worse case scenario, the Chicago Blackhawks trade Oduya and Rozsival next summer to free up approximately $5.5 million in salary cap space for Hjalmarsson and Crawford.
they're going to end up making more than a combined $5.5m.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:37 PM
HawksFan86

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
That's in addition to whatever the cap increases by though not only 5.5 mil.

HawksFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:55 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan86 View Post
That's in addition to whatever the cap increases by though not only 5.5 mil.
sorry. i'm a bit slow on the uptake

Old
07-11-2013, 10:34 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Look... I love Crawford, but if he seriously wants $7 million a year, I'll be more than happy to hold the door open for him as he walks.
I don't agree with paying ANY goalie that much money in this era. You can get very similar production from a solid goalie and play with a better forward group and d-corps, which as the hawks have shown twice in the past 4 seasons, is certainly a very good strategy.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Kaners BAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Don't forget that Hammer already is making 3.5 and Crawford 2.66. If they get raised to 4.5 and 5, that is less than 3.5 to come up with.

Kaners BAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:01 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaners BAC View Post
Don't forget that Hammer already is making 3.5 and Crawford 2.66. If they get raised to 4.5 and 5, that is less than 3.5 to come up with.
yeah, i get it now

...i wasn't thinking + misunderstood the post. oops.

Old
07-12-2013, 01:46 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

same way of thinking with Toews and Kane. You just need to add a combined 4-5 million to the Cap to get it done

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 08:46 AM
Kaners BAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
same way of thinking with Toews and Kane. You just need to add a combined 4-5 million to the Cap to get it done
Exactly

This occurred to me recently. Toews and Kane will get a nice raise but it will be less than after 2010 and a smaller percentage of the cap.

Old
07-13-2013, 07:07 AM
w00d
In Saad We Trust

If Crawford finishes 2013–14 with another Stanley Cup, the Conn Smythe, the Jennings, the Vezina, and the Hart, then *maybe* he's worth $7m per year. But he's probably not going to win any of those things.

Rask and Rinne are the only goalies making $7M, and both are overpaid. Neither of them has won any of those awards (Rask was Timmy's passenger when he got his Cup ring). Lundqvist has won the Vezina, and makes $6.8M, but Crawford is not in Hank's class.

A lot of people have said that Crawford should get a deal similar to Jimmy Howard's, and while I think Howard is a bit overpaid too, that would be more in line with what starting goalies are making around the league. He should not get more than that. At least Crawford has earned some hardware, which does help to justify that price.

w00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00d View Post
If Crawford finishes 2013–14 with another Stanley Cup, the Conn Smythe, the Jennings, the Vezina, and the Hart, then *maybe* he's worth $7m per year. But he's probably not going to win any of those things.

Rask and Rinne are the only goalies making $7M, and both are overpaid. Neither of them has won any of those awards (Rask was Timmy's passenger when he got his Cup ring). Lundqvist has won the Vezina, and makes $6.8M, but Crawford is not in Hank's class.

A lot of people have said that Crawford should get a deal similar to Jimmy Howard's, and while I think Howard is a bit overpaid too, that would be more in line with what starting goalies are making around the league. He should not get more than that. At least Crawford has earned some hardware, which does help to justify that price.
So you'd pay Bobrovsky and Crawford more then Rinne because they both have won some of those awards?

Rinne is along with Lundqvist the 2 best and most consistent goalies in the NHL the last 5 years.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Kaners BAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
So you'd pay Bobrovsky and Crawford more then Rinne because they both have won some of those awards?

Rinne is along with Lundqvist the 2 best and most consistent goalies in the NHL the last 5 years.

Huh- He's suggesting Crawford get Howard money (5.2) while Rinne gets 7.

Old
07-13-2013, 10:25 AM
feichter33

I've got to believe we are far enough into the Stan Bowman era for CC to understand that type of cash will not be doled out here in CHI. Look at Niemi's way out to SJ...close to the same scenario, just switch Crawford in as the starter, and Rantaa in as the mid-20's guy trying to take his spot. I think he's a good goalie, and one of my personal faves, but is a product of the team he plays behind as much as it is his talent alone. Stay at a reasonable tab(~5 mil is ok to me) and win, or gtfo...I really do not see the organization letting anyone not named Kane or Toews to take them hostage.

feichter33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I still think he should get the Niemi contract...

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Kostik20

Crawford had a good season this year, no doubt about it. But just like alot of you said, he is known for being inconsistant. I wouldnt want to pay more then 4.5 AAV for him honestly, and thats even pushing it.

Kostik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Easton Modano Curve

I could see Shaw getting around $3 million if he continues to develop next year.

So far in 85 career games he has 38 points. Wouldn't surprise me if his next 80 games are more productive than his first 80 games. And he brings more to the table than just points.

Stahlberg got $3 million with similar production and Bickell got $4 million with similar production and an amazing playoff run.

Shaw might be small but he plays big. Might have been a low draft pick but #4 in points for 2011 NHL draft picks and #5 in regular season games played for 2011 NHL draft picks.

Disagree with fiddy on Pirri and Crawford. But you never know if Crawford has another big season...

Easton Modano Curve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Snowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by giza View Post
Rask is better than Crawford. The Hawks may have won the series, but in my book, Rask didn't allow one poor goal. Let's remember that Niemi won the Cup as well. Crawford will get his raise at some point, but he's not elite....yet. Ultimately, there's only so much money to go around.
Really???

How about Toews five hole goal in game six???

Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Kaners BAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton Modano Curve View Post
I could see Shaw getting around $3 million if he continues to develop next year.

So far in 85 career games he has 38 points. Wouldn't surprise me if his next 80 games are more productive than his first 80 games. And he brings more to the table than just points.

Stahlberg got $3 million with similar production and Bickell got $4 million with similar production and an amazing playoff run.

Shaw might be small but he plays big. Might have been a low draft pick but #4 in points for 2011 NHL draft picks and #5 in regular season games played for 2011 NHL draft picks.
Bicks and Stalberg were UFAs. Shaw will be coming off his ELC.