HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils Ilya Kovalchuk Announces Retirement

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-11-2013, 11:12 PM
  #526
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Don't feel bad for their fans at all. They'd be laughing at us had this happened to Rangers. They might even have the last laugh if Richards gets injured and we can buy him out.
Hey, at least we control the destiny of our first round pick this year

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:12 PM
  #527
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 36,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2007 View Post
they change the percentages for 13 teams instead of 14.

just adjust the percentage rates per team

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what they'll do. Worst team gets like 26% chance of winning the lottery etc.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:13 PM
  #528
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
so if kovalchuk wants to return to the NHL with another team, say the Kings for example, will he be allowed to return and in what conditions would take place? The Nabakov rule?
All 30 NHL teams have to approve his return to the NHL

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:13 PM
  #529
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 36,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Hey, at least we control the destiny of our first round pick this year

True but if Richards sucks and we cant buy him out then we are screwed for a long time.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:13 PM
  #530
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
No, it's not after the lottery, since the pick....now read this slowly - DOES. NOT. EXIST.

How can something that doesn't exist be in the lottery?
No need to try and be condescending. You are correct, the pick does not exist. But the pick isn't determined until AFTER THE LOTTERY. Before that it's just odds for a possible pick. They have to figure out where they would have picked had they actually had a pick. Do you honestly think that the league would allow a playoff team to be included in the lottery, and have a chance to get the #1 overall selection? The only other option would be to reallocate the % that would have been assigned to the Devils in the lottery to the other lottery teams. But why would they do that? They'll just include the Devils in the lottery and then wherever they end up that pick won't exist...or rather it will exist, it will simply be forfeited.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:14 PM
  #531
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
True but if Richards sucks and we cant buy him out then we are screwed for a long time.
It could be worse

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:15 PM
  #532
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 36,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
All 30 NHL teams have to approve his return to the NHL

And there is no way that happens. Goodbye Kovy.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:15 PM
  #533
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
All 30 NHL teams have to approve his return to the NHL
so he'll never return to the NHL.

if lou wants him back, one of divisional rivals will say no.

If other team wants him, their rivals or Lou would say no.

This sucks, I don't want to see Kovalchuk permanently leave the league, he is the most electrifying player in the game imo. oh well, guess get to see him every 4 yrs.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:17 PM
  #534
hockeyjack89
R.I.P. Thrashers
 
hockeyjack89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,444
vCash: 500
As a former Atlanta Thrashers fan. I guess I can say the trade was actually worth it now? Haha but anyway he was a good player while he was playing in my opinion.

hockeyjack89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:19 PM
  #535
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
No need to try and be condescending. You are correct, the pick does not exist. But the pick isn't determined until AFTER THE LOTTERY. Before that it's just odds for a possible pick. They have to figure out where they would have picked had they actually had a pick. Do you honestly think that the league would allow a playoff team to be included in the lottery, and have a chance to get the #1 overall selection? The only other option would be to reallocate the % that would have been assigned to the Devils in the lottery to the other lottery teams. But why would they do that? They'll just include the Devils in the lottery and then wherever they end up that pick won't exist.
I'm condescending because you're not getting it and it's very simple. The pick isn't "determined" because it isn't anything. It doesn't exist in the first place so it cant be determined. They aren't including them in the lottery because as I said before which you either didn't read or read and didn't understand, how can something that doesn't exist be included in the lottery? Only 13 teams will be in the lottery. It's really not that hard to get. I said it before, imagine the Devils don't even exist this year. There is no team in New Jersey. How can something that doesn't exist be included in the lottery.

Does.
Not.
Exist.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:19 PM
  #536
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjack13 View Post
As a former Atlanta Thrashers fan. I guess I can say the trade was actually worth it now? Haha but anyway he was a good player while he was playing in my opinion.
im not so sure. IMO, the departure of Kovalchuk all but secured the Thrashers exit from the league unfortunately. Oduya is a quality top 4 dman, but he isn't even on the team anymore.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:27 PM
  #537
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
I'm condescending because you're not getting it and it's very simple. The pick isn't "determined" because it isn't anything. It doesn't exist in the first place so it cant be determined. They aren't including them in the lottery because as I said before which you either didn't read or read and didn't understand, how can something that doesn't exist be included in the lottery? Only 13 teams will be in the lottery. It's really not that hard to get. I said it before, imagine the Devils don't even exist this year. There is no team in New Jersey. How can something that doesn't exist be included in the lottery.

Does.
Not.
Exist.
You keep saying it doesn't exist. I disagree. From what I've read they have to forfeit the pick. To me that's different than it not existing.

As another part of the Devils punishment, they also had to forfeit their 3rd round pick in 2011. If you look at the draft order you will see that pick #69 says (forfeited pick).

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:32 PM
  #538
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
You keep saying it doesn't exist. I disagree. From what I've read they have to forfeit the pick. To me that's different than it not existing.

As another part of the Devils punishment, they also had to forfeit their 3rd round pick in 2011. If you look at the draft order you will see that pick #69 says (forfeited pick). So let's move forward to 2014. If the Devils don't make the playoffs and don't get included in the lottery, exactly where will they pick in the 2nd round and beyond? DID YOU THINK ABOUT THAT?
Jesus, does this remind anybody else of this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWvZFVKxPpU

It doesn't matter if you disagree. If I said "As humans we breathe air" and you said "I disagree", you'd be wrong. You're wrong here. You read it wrong. You're not comprehending it correctly at all. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the 2nd round.

The Devil's 1st round pick next year, does not exist. You seem to not comprehend that. If they finish as the WORST team in the league, they aren't putting them in lottery. Everybody shifts up. 29 picks in round 1. 13 teams in the lottery. Read that slowly.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:34 PM
  #539
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Jesus, does this remind anybody else of this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWvZFVKxPpU

It doesn't matter if you disagree. If I said "As humans we breathe air" and you said "I disagree", you'd be wrong. You're wrong here. You read it wrong. You're not comprehending it correctly at all. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the 2nd round.

The Devil's 1st round pick next year, does not exist. You seem to not comprehend that.
Yes, I realized that it doesn't effect their second round picks and beyond. But they will still forfeit their first round pick. The odds for the other 13 teams will be effected unless they reallocate. That's what I'm getting at. I guess we'll just wait and see how it's handled.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:35 PM
  #540
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yes, I realized that it doesn't effect their second round picks and beyond. But they will still forfeit their first round pick. I guess we'll just wait and see how it's handled.
No need to wait and see because we sane people already have the answer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yes, I realized that it doesn't effect their second round picks and beyond. But they will still forfeit their first round pick. The odds for the other 13 teams will be effected unless they reallocate. That's what I'm getting at. I guess we'll just wait and see how it's handled.
THIS IS THE ANSWER.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:37 PM
  #541
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
No need to wait and see because we sane people already have the answer.
So are they reallocating the percentages of the other 13 teams or just removing whatever the Devils percentage would be?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:39 PM
  #542
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 36,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
So are they reallocating the percentages of the other 13 teams or just removing whatever the Devils percentage would be?

They'd have to reallocate you'd think. Worst team gets like 26% chance of winning lottery and so on. It's a moot point if Devils make playoffs.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:40 PM
  #543
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
So are they reallocating the percentages of the other 13 teams or just removing whatever the Devils percentage would be?
The Devils don't exist so how could they have a percentage?

If the bottom 5 teams were this:
1. Devils 0 points
2. Panthers 1 point
3. Avs 2 points
4. Lightning 3 points
5. Oilers 4 points

Then the lottery would be this
1. Panthers 1
2. Avs 2
3. Lightning 3
4. Oilers 4
5. Canes 5

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:43 PM
  #544
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 36,952
vCash: 500
While it sucks for Devils to lose a player like Kovy I don't think it's that bad. He was owed something like 77 mill. Imagine paying a winger 11 mill per year especially when you are cash strapped like Devils are. They have to take a cap hit of 250K for next dozen years which is not much at all. Had Kovy pulled this stunt next year Devils cap hit would've been 3+ mill.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:45 PM
  #545
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
The Devils don't exist so how could they have a percentage?

If the bottom 5 teams were this:
1. Devils 0 points
2. Panthers 1 point
3. Avs 2 points
4. Lightning 3 points
5. Oilers 4 points

Then the lottery would be this
1. Panthers 1
2. Avs 2
3. Lightning 3
4. Oilers 4
5. Canes 5
So you're saying that there simply won't be 100% in the hopper? If the Devils don't make the playoffs there will only be 99.5% represented and all the other teams that finished below them among the bottom 14 will simply move up and get the % equal to one place higher.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:46 PM
  #546
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
While it sucks for Devils to lose a player like Kovy I don't think it's that bad. He was owed something like 77 mill. Imagine paying a winger 11 mill per year especially when you are cash strapped like Devils are. They have to take a cap hit of 250K for next dozen years which is not much at all. Had Kovy pulled this stunt next year Devils cap hit would've been 3+ mill.
Money wise its a huge positive. Unfortunately that doesn't relate to the on ice effects this will have. I read this today:

THE STATS GUY ‏@TH2NSTATSGUY 8h
Kovalchuk & Clarkson scored 27% of the Devils goals over the last 2 seasons.....now it's up to Clowe & Ryder.

Thats pretty big.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:48 PM
  #547
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
so you're saying that there simply won't be 100% in the hopper? If the devils don't make the playoffs there will only be 99.5% represented and all the other teams that finished below them among the bottom 14 will simply move up and get the % equal to one place higher.
yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:50 PM
  #548
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well why didn't you just say that!

Not going to start another debate at nearly 1:00am, but I think that certain lottery teams (all the teams who finished worse than NJ) could argue that method isn't fair.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:53 PM
  #549
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Well why didn't you just say that!

Not going to start another debate at nearly 1:00am, but I think that certain lottery teams could argue that method isn't fair.
It is what it is, I don't think teams in the lottery would mind one less ball in the hopper while trying to get that top pick.

I'm just glad its not us.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:54 PM
  #550
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
It is what it is, I don't think teams in the lottery would mind one less ball in the hopper while trying to get that top pick.

I'm just glad its not us.
We are clearly in agreement on that. Sucks not having a 1st rounder.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.