HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Perezhogin Vs. Chris Higgins

Old
10-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Ape Clutch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Alexander Perezhogin Vs. Chris Higgins

I Know i was one of the first to comment on Perez being Shafted (lol that term is sticking), and get angry at the organization.

But i've been thinking. We all thought Higgins was getting shafted last year playing on the 3rd and 4th line, while others who didn't belong there got to play on the offensive lines and get all the ice time.

Then Higgins get's his chance with Saku and Bang

This season Higgins is now playing like an established veteran in his sophemore season! putting up more points then the guy who is supposed to be helping him along...

So i was thinking...maybe they'll do the same thing with Perezhogin... I mean they see that the kid has drive like higgins, diggs in the corners like higgins, hustles like higgins. Sure they don't play the same kind of Game... Perezhogin has more talent and will be a dangle kind of guy.

But IF...they could somehow make Perezhogin into a 2-way forward...well my friends... Perezhogin will def. become an even greater player for it.

Yeah i was angry yesterday...and still am peeved today...but whatever... Let Latendresse play on the 2nd line...it's not like Perezhogin is wasting his time on the 3rd and 4th line... he'll become a more complete player thanks to that and more important to the Habs than Latendresse (who i Do love don't get me wrong this kids going to be awesome...but damnit put him back on the RW). Isn't it just like being hard on the kid u want most to succeed? making sure he has all the tools to be great/good? We know for sure that Perezhogin will be better than Samsonov because of this one day.

Maybe I'm onto something...
Maybe I'ts wishful thinking...
Maybe I dunno...

It doesn't matter I still love my Habbies!

So Go PePe Go
So Go Lats' Go
So Go Habs Go

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Teufelsdreck

Give it time. Perezhogin's recent steady play won't go unnoticed forever, and it's bound to lead to goals. If other wings are unable to contribute goals and/or assists, Carbonneau will be obliged to shift the lines again to increase the scoring because he can't tolerate zeroes forever.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 10:59 PM
deandebean

I would not compare the two players. Higgins is a complete and proven scorer. Perezhogin is fast and shifty, but he still hasn't proven that he can score.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 11:11 PM
GSK*

And BTW, I'm not 100% sure Lats is going to play on the second line, Carbo doesn't care about those thing right now, last game in his mind never Sammy should start the game on the 4th, I think he just don't want to let it know before the game, such a thing is respectful !

BTW Like I said for the 34x

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Sammy-Kovalev-Perezhogin

OR

Higgins-Koivu-Perezhogin
Sammy-Kovalev-Ryder

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 12:54 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
I would not compare the two players. Higgins is a complete and proven scorer. Perezhogin is fast and shifty, but he still hasn't proven that he can score.
The guy was doing good last year in an offensive role on the 1st line with Kovalev and Koivu... He stopped getting points when he was sent down on the 4th line.

Personally, I think Perezhogin should be a "natural" on the 2nd line with Kovalev and Plecanek. Was good playing with Kovalev at the start of last season, and played well also in the playoffs with Plecanek.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 02:38 AM
Ape Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Yeah i know what you mean, that's why I didn't say that Perezhogin scores goals like Higgins... I believe he could...not the same types of goals but Perezhogin can score goals its something you don't forget.

What I'm saying is that if they are doing this so they can mold him into an excellent two-way player then fine I'll wait. Afinogenov took the longest time to regularly crack the lineup and he didn't forget how to score...

You don't forget how to shoot...you practice that stuff too often. You develop decision making in game time situations...but not skills. Two-Way play is a game time thing to learn...from experience.

Perezhogin will make his comeback in due time, and when he does...I think everyone is going to love what they see...soon the time will come when Higgins will no longer need to play with Koivu and will move to a line with Plekanec...at this time Perezhogin will move alongside Koivu and Ryder (my humble OPINion), Koivu will ensue in the development of our offensive wingers.

Long live mes Habs
Down with CBC
Go Allouettes
Down with the Argos

and Lindsay Lohan is hot

Old
10-28-2006, 07:48 AM
TheHoser

Sasha has the higher offensive cieling IMO. Will he ever reach it? That remains to be seen, but if he does, he'll be the better player. Higgins, though, is a very good player and he's a lot more likely to reach his full potential.

TheHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Mike8

Perezhogin's starting to go into traffic areas and drive to the net like Higgins does, but with perhaps less concern for his personal health. I like it.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 09:07 AM
RC51

The 1st line is set in stone, it works very very well, works hard and produces all the time. It's in fact producing as a top tier NHL 1st line.
Unless of injury it stays together.

What the other Hab forwards need to get is that the rest of them as a whole must build another good line. The coach will try just about anything until 3 players click. Then the rest will be the 3rd line.
We just dont know who will be on that 2nd line.
Carbo has started to experiment, but with Kovy out for most of the game, Tenders chance got lost, Somsonov did not look near as bad on the 3rd line. He just might find that as the shooter on the 3rd line life is NOT that bad at all.
As for Tender, a lot of people look to the stats and the 4th line duties and are ready to send him down, NOT ME.
Overall we know the Habs need a power forward a " HUMMER" not a Porche. Tender has been playing like a Hummer all his life, A successful Hummer with Brassard, a successful hummer in preseason. SO whats with THIS? Is he an instant BUST?
Has Tender forgot all he knows? NO.
First Carbo protects him with some time on the 4th line and Latendresse is getting his brain adjusted to a faster play.
Not nearly as lost as the first few games, now he is open but in the wrong spot. Its a learning process. Two things must happen for the next step. Tender must score his first, his line mates must see that Tender can score a few his way and then look for him a bit more. Adjust some plays to fit Tender. This would make a world of difference for the chemistry. Prez is a Porche but the same hold true for him. He needs to score a few his way.
Nothing is better for a line's chemistry then a few goals. Confidence goes way up.

Look back at Higgins, 6 goals in what? 50 games then he got hot for 10 games, Koivu loved it, Higgins loved it, Ryder loved it and now you can hardly stop that line.

If you want to get Tender and Prez to break out, cost what it costs, force feed them until they break the ice. Give them some help, get their confidence up in their own abilities again as in the minors.
So far we have a HUMMER not humming and a PORCHE not sprinting. Yet both are doing what they are told. Maybe it's what they are being told that is the problem. Maybe Kovy forgot how to play with a power forward and where to look for him, when is the last time Kovy played with a power forward anyway? Maybe Prez should be turned loose a bit more, to hang back just a touch more ready for a fast turnover, after all this is exactly what we saw a few times with Pleks last year.
Prez would turn a take 2 strides if Pleks was in a good position to create that turnover.

Last edited by RC51: 10-28-2006 at 09:19 AM.
RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 09:22 AM
oli500

I think the diference between higgins and perez is that higgins started to score goals on the 3rd and 4th line last year before he was moved up. Even in playing limited icetime we saw higgins with some offensive signs that perezhogin dident show. This being said I really liked what I saw from perez in the playoffs. I thought the perez and plekanec duo was the best one when koivu went down and I still think its big mistake braking up those two. They seem to have great chemestry togheter. Begin and bonk also had great chemestry togheter at the end of the year. So I would go with something like.

samsonov-Kovalev-johnson
perezhogin-plekanec-latendresse
murray-Bonk-begin

We have to look at the duos that work last year and try to make something out of it. and add them an element that could make the line work. Plekanec and perezhogin look great, why not give a guy like latendresse who can go the net and give them some space. I allways thought that when you put 3 young guys on the same line you see more intensity from it because those 3 young kids all want to make an impresion. Its the same when you have 3 more experience guys on a line. You get more out of them. By trying to mix and match vets and younger players were not doing the young guy a favor because the kid will let the vet do all the work as he dosent want to be the one that caused a turnover or a goal and he never wants to make the vet look bad. Let perez-plekanec and latendresse play togheter, see who is superior and promote that one when you have a chance

Last edited by oli500: 10-28-2006 at 09:28 AM.
oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 09:36 AM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
I think the diference between higgins and perez is that higgins started to score goals on the 3rd and 4th line last year before he was moved up. Even in playing limited icetime we saw higgins with some offensive signs that perezhogin dident show. This being said I really liked what I saw from perez in the playoffs. I thought the perez and plekanec duo was the best one when koivu went down and I still think its big mistake braking up those two. They seem to have great chemestry togheter. Begin and bonk also had great chemestry togheter at the end of the year. So I would go with something like.

samsonov-Kovalev-johnson
perezhogin-plekanec-latendresse
murray-Bonk-begin

We have to look at the duos that work last year and try to make something out of it. and add them an element that could make the line work. Plekanec and perezhogin look great, why not give a guy like latendresse who can go the net and give them some space. I allways thought that when you put 3 young guys on the same line you see more intensity from it because those 3 young kids all want to make an impresion. Its the same when you have 3 more experience guys on a line. You get more out of them. By trying to mix and match vets and younger players were not doing the young guy a favor because the kid will let the vet do all the work as he dosent want to be the one that caused a turnover or a goal and he never wants to make the vet look bad. Let perez-plekanec and latendresse play togheter, see who is superior and promote that one when you have a chance
Don't forget that Johnson can play center.
Bonk is a bit quicker this year and it has made a difference.
If Bonk is dropped to the 4th, that line NEEDS a shooter.
Bonk has created some scoreing chances this year, give him a shooter. It just might get you a few extra goals.

Old
10-28-2006, 09:42 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Keep Samsonov on with Bonk and Johnson and put Perezhogin where they put Latendresse. Then, call up Lapierre, move Begin to the wing.
Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Perezhogin - Plekanec - Kovalev
Samsonov - Bonk - Johnson
Begin - Lapierre - Latendresse.

Scoring threat and defensive responsibility on every line.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 09:51 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Keep Samsonov on with Bonk and Johnson and put Perezhogin where they put Latendresse. Then, call up Lapierre, move Begin to the wing.
Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

I like it !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

I also find this lineup pretty interesting.I just still believe Lats should go back to the juniors

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:22 AM
RC51

Quote:
Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

I also like this a lot.
Lapierre is big and right handed shot, tons of energy and 7 points in 7 games. Goes to the front of the net.

Old
10-28-2006, 11:22 AM
MXD

Back to the topic.

Sorry, Perez isn't in the same league than Higgins, and will NEVER be in the same league than Higgins, either.

I still can't beleive some guy from Anaheim said he would never trade Teemu Selanne for Chris Higgins...

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:29 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

is it me but I just feel like murray isn't in top shape like last year??

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:40 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

switch the centers of the 2nd and 3 th ;

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Perezhogin - Bonk- Kovalev
Samsonov - Plekanec - Johnson

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:48 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Back to the topic.

Sorry, Perez isn't in the same league than Higgins, and will NEVER be in the same league than Higgins, either.

I still can't beleive some guy from Anaheim said he would never trade Teemu Selanne for Chris Higgins...
In the AHL , i think that Perezhogin showed that he was on the same league than Higgins . He also showed that he was good when playing on the first line last season .

I don't say he will be equal or better than Higgins , but don't see how you can pretend that he never will be as good as Higgins .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:54 AM
greatlakeshab

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
switch the centers of the 2nd and 3 th ;

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Perezhogin - Bonk- Kovalev
Samsonov - Plekanec - Johnson
Actually I would leave the lines the way they are and switch Bonk with Pleks. Bonk with Samsonov and Kovalev. Reunite Pleks with Perez and keep hard working Jonhson with these two might become one of the best 3rd lines in the league. Last playoffs Carolina couldn't contain the speed of Pleks-Perez

greatlakeshab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Dr_Hook

I don't like this Begin-Lapierre-Lats line. It's gonna implode in its own zone. Lapierre is great kid with lots of speed and energy but every time I see him play, he seems to run around a lot, not very sound positionnal play. As for Lats, I don't need to point out that he has absolutely no clue as what to do in defensive coverage, poor guy is all over the place

I like my 4th line safer and sounder. That's why I liked the duo bégin-Bonk there last year. Very reassuring. Of course, Bonk plays too well these days to put him on a 4rth, but nevertheless, Lapierre-Lats would be a little much too take for me I think, we have to think of something else.

If Kovalev were to ever transfer to center, we might have:
Higgins - Koivu -Ryder
Samso/Perez - Kovalev - AKost
Samso/Perez - Bonk - Johnson
Bégin - Plek- Lats/Murray/Downey ?

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:42 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
In the AHL , i think that Perezhogin showed that he was on the same league than Higgins . He also showed that he was good when playing on the first line last season .

I don't say he will be equal or better than Higgins , but don't see how you can pretend that he never will be as good as Higgins .
Hummm...

One as a "barely NHL hockey sense" and the other has "Top-20% Hockey sense". Perez will improve on this over time, but will never, never get to where Higgins is, right now. I think Perezoghin has legit NHL skills by now, and his game without the puck drastically improved since last year, as he's able to put his speed to use on this department. Also, Perez still has some consistency issues (which appears again to have much better this year, as we actually see him do something on the ice, even if he isn't scoring).

And Higgins is a much better finisher by now -- while Perezoghin could take shooting lessons for Oleg Petrov.

And Perezoghin strong points (or the ones he's superior to Higgins) aren't that much superior to Higgins -- Perezoghin is a better skater than Higgins, but only by a slight margin.

Perez belongs in the NHL for sure : wheter it is a an offensive-minded 3rd line guy who brings his speed to help a checking line, while notching roughly 30 pts a year, or as a speedster like Afinogenov who lacks the finish to be a legit 1st liner (I see Afinogenov as red hot by now, not as a break-out), but that could be a great 2nd liner, is uncertain.

I think he's the most improved forward this year (Higgins was already that good last year, Ryder/Bonk injured...), and the 2nd most improved guy on the team behind Mark Streit (Sorry Komo, you're 3rd). As I said somewhere else I can't remember of, Higgins could very well be considered a top-20 skater in the whole league by the end of this season. I don't see Perez getting near this point in his career.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Ape Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Back to the topic.

I have to disagree with you on that one

Perezhogin was drafted a project but what a project he was

He is more talented than Higgins
He is faster
He has more skills

The thing is that Higgins has got it together...which is also why Higgins> Samsonov... Sammy doesn't have it together... and neither does Kovalev...but if Kovalev were to put it together... who would be better?

Higgins or Kovalev?

same situation with Perezhogin, I'm just liking the fact that he is learning def. skills right now...that will make him a player we can use on the PK...man imagine when all of your big offensive GUNS can play on the PK?

why is Bonk-Johnson more lethal than Juneau-Dackell?

why was Higgins-Plekanec so Hot last season?

Gnah...as much as I hate it... I/We just have to be patient with management and Perezhogin... he's not going to forget how to play hockey that's for sure.

Old
10-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Montrealer

I don't think Perez is anywhere near Higgins' level yet. Maybe in a year or two... but not today.

Higgins continues to impress me more and more... one of our only first rounders to truly live up (and even surpass) expectations.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Much Love

The thing with Higgins is that when he started, being the solid two-way player he's always been, it made perfect sense to play him on the 3rd-4th lines. (same with Pleks)

Perezhogin, on the other hand, is an OFFENSIVELY gifted player. He's playing well right now. What makes no sense to me though, is why Carbo demotes Perezhogin to the 4TH LINE. Honestly guys, it's a complete joke. Carbo is letting the french media dictate his team. Why else would he give Guillaume "Golden Boy" Latendresse 2nd line minutes. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Much Love is offline   Reply With Quote