HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line ups

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-11-2013, 11:37 PM
  #101
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,061
vCash: 69
ATL: I like your thinking. Agree that a Kane - Little - Seto line would be fast-fast, and probably pretty entertaining to watch. Little is definitely an underrated playmaker. Your 4th line even looks decent, which would be a nice change of pace.

Lots of doom and gloom recently, but I think if some of the new signings mesh, and Scheif can stick, there is some reason for optimism going into next year.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:20 AM
  #102
Jetsfareast
Helly Yeah
 
Jetsfareast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philippines
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,298
vCash: 442
This is my Dream line up of the Jets by 2015-2016.

Evander Kane Jonathan Toews Nic Petan
Andrew Ladd Mark Schiefele Bryan Little
Ivan Telegin Adam Lowry Scott kosmochuk
4th line can be anybody

enstrom bogosian
xxxx trouba
morrisey redmond


golie

xxxx


* burmistrov, wheeler and byfuglien and pavelec are the odd man out to shed salary for Toews who will most likely command 7m a yr..
*the question here is can the jets trade burmistrov, wheeler, byfuglien and pavelec for a number 1 golie and top 4 lhd?

Jetsfareast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:56 AM
  #103
knorthern knight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,120
vCash: 4937
Forwards

Left WingCentreRight Wing
LaddLittleWheeler
KaneScheifeleSetoguchi
TangradiJokinenFrolik
LowrySlaterPeluso
 O'Dell 
 Wright 

Defense

LeftRight
EnstromBogosian
ClitsomeByfuglien
StuartPostma
PardyRedmond

Goalies are Pavelec and Montoya.

That's 24 guys already, even with Thorburn sent down to the IceCaps. Assuming no injuries, and knowing Noel, we'll probably see one of Lowry/Redmond/Scheifele in St. John's. Unless he really shapes up, I'd prefer to send Jokinen down instead.

knorthern knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:29 AM
  #104
wpgsilver
Moderator
 
wpgsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,278
vCash: 50
Can we please stop this silliness with people talking about Jokinen being sent down.
He was awful last year, no one can and will deny it.
But anyone who honestly believes Olli won't be centering the 2nd or 3rd line next year is in for a major disappointment.
Honestly, I think he'll have a bounce back year. I don't think his game could completely disappear like it did last year for good. I have faith that Olli will perform at the level we expected when we signed him last year.

wpgsilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:32 AM
  #105
ps241
Gordie Baby ❤️
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17,885
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
Can we please stop this silliness with people talking about Jokinen being sent down.
He was awful last year, no one can and will deny it.
But anyone who honestly believes Olli won't be centering the 2nd or 3rd line next year is in for a major disappointment.
Honestly, I think he'll have a bounce back year. I don't think his game could completely disappear like it did last year for good. I have faith that Olli will perform at the level we expected when we signed him last year.
That would be a bonus. anything North of 45 points would Exceed my expectations. Am I the only one that finds it strange that the Flames fans really didn't mind him leaving and seem to want nothing to do with him again when he scored 54 then 61 points in back to back seasons? I mean he was trending for about a 25 point season with us last year so I get why we were choked for $4.5 nillion but he actually produced to his pay grade when he was with Calgary. I prey we get some of that 2011-12 Olli flames despair.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 07:03 AM
  #106
Swanson
Registered User
 
Swanson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: Germany
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Jokinen seems to be a very streaky player, at least to me. Maybe he needs an familiar routine (full season, more practice) to fit in and perform on his normal level.

Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 04:43 PM
  #107
EastRiver
Registered User
 
EastRiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knorthern knight View Post
Forwards

Left WingCentreRight Wing
LaddLittleWheeler
KaneScheifeleSetoguchi
TangradiJokinenFrolik
LowrySlaterPeluso
 O'Dell 
 Wright 

Defense

LeftRight
EnstromBogosian
ClitsomeByfuglien
StuartPostma
PardyRedmond

Goalies are Pavelec and Montoya.

That's 24 guys already, even with Thorburn sent down to the IceCaps. Assuming no injuries, and knowing Noel, we'll probably see one of Lowry/Redmond/Scheifele in St. John's. Unless he really shapes up, I'd prefer to send Jokinen down instead.
I agree with this lineup except for the bottom 6 LW, and the bottom 2 LD. I'd have Halischuk rather than Lowry, and Kulda over Stuart.

EastRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:36 PM
  #108
Mathmew Purrrr Oh
#meowmeowmeowmeow
 
Mathmew Purrrr Oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: meow
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,460
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastRiver View Post
I agree with this lineup except for the bottom 6 LW, and the bottom 2 LD. I'd have Halischuk rather than Lowry, and Kulda over Stuart.
same

I for sure want Lowry playing significant minutes in St John's

Mathmew Purrrr Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 06:16 PM
  #109
Duke749
Formerly "BigTuna49"
 
Duke749's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Country: Scotland
Posts: 29,291
vCash: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus tacitus View Post
same

I for sure want Lowry playing significant minutes in St John's
He'll get minutes down there for sure, but I think it's also the fact that a little seasoning down there will be good for him. If injuries happen he might get a shot this year for a short time.

Duke749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 07:12 PM
  #110
JustBeCool
boom shakalaka
 
JustBeCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winterpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,771
vCash: 50
what about halischuk?

JustBeCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:41 PM
  #111
jared37
Registered User
 
jared37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 697
vCash: 500
Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Scheifele - Setoguchi
Tangradi - Jokinen - Frolik
Halischuk - Slater - Wright
Peluso


Byfuglien - Clitsome
Enstrom - Bogosian
Stuart - Trouba
Postma, Pardy

Pavelec
Montoya

O'dell would be the first call up in case of injury

Scheifele and Jokinen swap the role of 2nd/3rd line center based on performance through out the year

fourth line wingers are all based on recent performance and the team up against next game

I really like buff and clitsome together and it opens up enstroms offensive game playing without buff, as he isn't constantly covering

trouba I hope wins as spot out of camp but if he gets sent down then postma/pardy/Redmond should work for the year

hopefully they either trust Montoya with a fair amount of starts or aquire a solid backup who they can trust because im pretty sure nobody wants pavelec playing 70 games again

jared37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 09:17 PM
  #112
VictoriaJetsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Hah I'm guessing I'm then one of those who haven't played hockey at a high level then and doesn't know or watch hockey... (ps all 3 untrue)

I guess I'm wrong that having Enstrom-Byfuglien together is best for the team, even though when they are together Jets out-shoot opponents, out-score opponents and have the puck more often in the other teams zone than not... and more impressively so than any other pairing we have had (including ones with just one of those two)... and more impressively than a lot of team's defense pairings...
Those are stats after all so they must mean nothing...

I concede; defensive D-men who can clear the net but can't push the play forward are the best and should be used much as possible. Obviously I am wrong and know nothing about hockey and same with Jack Adams Award winning and only-missed-playoffs-once Dave Tippett:



Edit almost forgot this =>

Active coaches and management who have openly confessed to using advanced analytics and/or discussed shot attempts (ie: Corsi) to equate to possession time which is essential for teams:
Dave Tippett
Alain Vigneault
Lindy Ruff
Barry Trotz
Paul Maclean

Active coaches who have dismissed analytics (and stated that helmets cause concussions ):
Randy Carlyle

Everyone else, we don't know.

Highly ironic your dissing the one coach on your list who has won the Stanley Cup

VictoriaJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:01 PM
  #113
bazaaa*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 500
Makes me sick seeing Tangradi on the third line.

I'd like to see

LLW
Kane - Scheif - Setoguchi
Jokinen - O'Dell - Frolik
Tangradi/Wright - Slater - Peluso

I actually wouldn't mind seeing

Ladd - Little - Setoguchi
Kane - Scheif - Wheeler

Setoguchi can have Little to feed him, and Ladd to clean up in front of the net. And Wheeler can work with Kane.
Unless Scheif does an amazing job feeding both Kane and Setoguchi the puck, I don't think that line turns out too well. Kane and Setoguchi are both guys that like the puck.

I've come to realize our third line could be terrible. If Jokinen doesn't have a bounce back year. Frolik can very well put up 5 goals, and Tangradi (if he's on the third line), would be lucky to score five goals.

Really hope O'Dell makes it, he adds a scoring touch. If Jokinen can bounce back even a bit, it can be a decent third line.

bazaaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:53 PM
  #114
knorthern knight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,120
vCash: 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared37 View Post
O'dell would be the first call up in case of injury
I believe that O'Dell is no longer waiver exempt. Can he be sent down to St John's without waivers 13 days before the end of training camp? If he is called up, he either stays or we lose him on waivers. If we get desparate for 23 roster slots, send Jokinen to St Joh's, and dare any other club to claim him.

knorthern knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 12:21 AM
  #115
voyageur
Registered lunatic
 
voyageur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North End Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knorthern knight View Post
I believe that O'Dell is no longer waiver exempt. Can he be sent down to St John's without waivers 13 days before the end of training camp? If he is called up, he either stays or we lose him on waivers. If we get desparate for 23 roster slots, send Jokinen to St Joh's, and dare any other club to claim him.
I believe O'Dell, like Cormier can be sent down before training camp as neither have reached 160 pro games yet (however that will likely change over the course of the season which may complicate things).

I see the roster like this:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Jokinen-Setoguchi
Frolik-Scheifle-Halischuk
Wright-Slater-Thorburn/Peluso
with Tangradi as a reserve.

Enstrom-Bogosian
Clitsome-Buff
Stuart-Redmond (unless Trouba beats him out of camp)
with Postma and Pardy in reserve.

Pavs and Montoya in the net.

What I have a hard time figuring out is what we are going to do with all the depth right wingers we have. The Jets have Samson, Klingberg, Gordon, Lipon, Brassard competing with Jason King, although Klingberg or King could play the left side on the Rock, plus Riley, Saporani, Samuels-Thomas and Cisse competing with spots...I can see the last 3 playing in the ECHL, but there is still a lot of players competing for spots. Does Lipon go back to Kamloops as an overager? As St. John's is short on d-men (unless both Redmond and Trouba start there), maybe there is a trade still to be made?

voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 02:23 AM
  #116
knorthern knight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,120
vCash: 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
As St. John's is short on d-men (unless both Redmond and Trouba start there), maybe there is a trade still to be made?
The Jets will be overloaded with the following in my lineup...
  • Enstrom Bogosian
  • Clitsome Byfuglien
  • Stuart Postma
  • Pardy Redmond
Of the above, only Redmond is waiver exempt, so he goes to St John's, along with Trouba.

knorthern knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 05:46 AM
  #117
JetBlue420
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Eagle Creek Drive
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,520
vCash: 500
As of now

G- Pavelec. Montoya

D1- Bogo.Toby D2- Buff,Clitsome D3-Stuart,Postma.

F1- Ladd,Little,Wheeler <-- can't mess with a good thing
F2- Kane,Scheifele,Setogucci <--- Scheif/Kane makes sense.
F3- Tangradi,Jokinen,Frolik
F4- Wright,Slater,Thorburn/Peluso.

JetBlue420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:13 AM
  #118
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knorthern knight View Post
I believe that O'Dell is no longer waiver exempt. Can he be sent down to St John's without waivers 13 days before the end of training camp? If he is called up, he either stays or we lose him on waivers. If we get desparate for 23 roster slots, send Jokinen to St Joh's, and dare any other club to claim him.
No. There is absolutely no way to get O'Dell to St. John's (other than a conditioning stint, but then he still counts against 23 man roster in Winnipeg) without passing through waivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
I believe O'Dell, like Cormier can be sent down before training camp as neither have reached 160 pro games yet (however that will likely change over the course of the season which may complicate things).
No idea what you are talking about here. Never heard of a rule like this. Don't believe it exists.

I have not been able to find anyway that O'Dell and Cormier can go to St. John's without waivers.

Show me different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
What I have a hard time figuring out is what we are going to do with all the depth right wingers we have. The Jets have Samson, Klingberg, Gordon, Lipon, Brassard competing with Jason King, although Klingberg or King could play the left side on the Rock, plus Riley, Saporani, Samuels-Thomas and Cisse competing with spots...I can see the last 3 playing in the ECHL, but there is still a lot of players competing for spots. Does Lipon go back to Kamloops as an overager? As St. John's is short on d-men (unless both Redmond and Trouba start there), maybe there is a trade still to be made?
Klingberg is a natural LW. And Samuels-Thomas is in college, he will not be playing pro this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorthern knight View Post
The Jets will be overloaded with the following in my lineup...
  • Enstrom Bogosian
  • Clitsome Byfuglien
  • Stuart Postma
  • Pardy Redmond
Of the above, only Redmond is waiver exempt, so he goes to St John's, along with Trouba.
People (not just you) are putting WAAAAAAAY too much emphasize on waiver exemptions. I mean stupid amounts. Why do we care at all if we lose an AHLer like Pardy? Redmond is a better player, he will in Winnipeg this year, not Pardy. We do not and should not make roster decisions based on arbitrary waiver rules. You put together the best team possible. PERIOD.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:46 AM
  #119
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,061
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
(...)

People (not just you) are putting WAAAAAAAY too much emphasize on waiver exemptions. I mean stupid amounts. Why do we care at all if we lose an AHLer like Pardy? Redmond is a better player, he will in Winnipeg this year, not Pardy. We do not and should not make roster decisions based on arbitrary waiver rules. You put together the best team possible. PERIOD.
Yep, agreed. At some point, the Jets will start feeding the waiver wire, and in my opinion, that's a good thing. It means we have depth, and had to make a choice to ice the best line-up. Once the depth of this team at the NHL level and the farm is strong enough, it's inevitable that we'll start losing the occasional player.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:47 AM
  #120
ps241
Gordie Baby ❤️
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17,885
vCash: 50
Yea I dream of the day we have reached the point that someone desires one of our waiver wire players .....Don't get me wrong I don't want to lose someone who is going to be good one day but it would be nice if they are close to desirable on the open market.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:31 AM
  #121
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaJetsFan View Post
Highly ironic your dissing the one coach on your list who has won the Stanley Cup
And how'd he do after that one season?
I thought they won inspite of them. They had a VERY strong top6 and top4, plus a goalie that went on a hotstreak.
Besides the best performing team wins the cup about 25%...

Google Randy Carlyle's on PPP or Leafsnation and you'll get a good idea on how he isn't actually that good.
Check out this 5+ part series: here

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:48 AM
  #122
Sixty Minute Man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Mb
Country: Canada
Posts: 371
vCash: 50
I think people get attached to certain players, for one reason or another and worry about losing them through waivers. James Wright is a player that has become really popular (he works really hard) and could very well be lost this way. I think Tangradi, O'dell and Halischuk have more upside than Wright. Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with Thorburn for another season. I expect our bottom six (7) will look something like this:

Frolik - Scheifele - O'dell/Halischuk
Tangradi - Slater - Halischuk/O'dell
Thorburn

I'd rather see Wright as our 13th forward, but we'll see. It's also possible Scheifele beats out Jokinen on the 2nd line or starts in St. Johns. If he's on the Rock then we could see:

Tangradi - O'dell - Frolik
Wright - Slater - Halischuk
Thorburn

That's not a very promising bottom 6 in my opinion.

Sixty Minute Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:49 AM
  #123
ps241
Gordie Baby ❤️
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17,885
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus tacitus View Post
same

I for sure want Lowry playing significant minutes in St John's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke89 View Post
He'll get minutes down there for sure, but I think it's also the fact that a little seasoning down there will be good for him. If injuries happen he might get a shot this year for a short time.
Yea there is no rush for Adam. quality minutes against professional men is the next logical step IMHO. If he comes out like a house on fire in the AHL and is a top scorer and we run into injuries on the Jets it might make sense to bring him up but short of that I would love to see him develope his top 6 skills in the AHL against grown men.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:58 AM
  #124
Boreal
Registered User
 
Boreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,873
vCash: 500
If I was to hazard a guess...

ON THE ICE:
Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Scheifele - Setoguchi
Tangradi - Jokinen - Frolik
Halischuk - Slater - Wright

Enstrom - Byfuglien
Clitsome - Bogosian
Stuart - Postma

Pavelec
Montoya

IN THE PRESS BOX:
Peluso
O'Dell
Pardy


I really do not want to expose O'Dell to waivers, for fear that he will get plucked, and I could see the organization treating him like they did Postma last year. This does however, require that we waive Thorburn (or trade, but that seems highly unlikely).

Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 10:09 AM
  #125
Sixty Minute Man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Mb
Country: Canada
Posts: 371
vCash: 50
I think Chevy will sooner risk Wright to waivers than O'dell. O'dell has more potential offense so he gets the pass.

Also, a question that Holden might be able to answer. Isn't O'dell currently RFA? Couldn't he then sign a two-way contract and start the season in St. Johns? Or has he signed already and if he has what were the details?

Sixty Minute Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.