Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line ups

Old
07-11-2013, 11:37 PM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 69
ATL: I like your thinking. Agree that a Kane - Little - Seto line would be fast-fast, and probably pretty entertaining to watch. Little is definitely an underrated playmaker. Your 4th line even looks decent, which would be a nice change of pace.

Lots of doom and gloom recently, but I think if some of the new signings mesh, and Scheif can stick, there is some reason for optimism going into next year.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:20 AM
Jetsfareast
Helly Yeah

vCash: 442
This is my Dream line up of the Jets by 2015-2016.

Evander Kane Jonathan Toews Nic Petan
Andrew Ladd Mark Schiefele Bryan Little
Ivan Telegin Adam Lowry Scott kosmochuk
4th line can be anybody

enstrom bogosian
xxxx trouba
morrisey redmond

golie

xxxx

* burmistrov, wheeler and byfuglien and pavelec are the odd man out to shed salary for Toews who will most likely command 7m a yr..
*the question here is can the jets trade burmistrov, wheeler, byfuglien and pavelec for a number 1 golie and top 4 lhd?

Jetsfareast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:56 AM
knorthern knight

vCash: 4937
Forwards

Left WingCentreRight Wing
LaddLittleWheeler
KaneScheifeleSetoguchi
TangradiJokinenFrolik
LowrySlaterPeluso
 O'Dell 
 Wright 

Defense

LeftRight
EnstromBogosian
ClitsomeByfuglien
StuartPostma
PardyRedmond

Goalies are Pavelec and Montoya.

That's 24 guys already, even with Thorburn sent down to the IceCaps. Assuming no injuries, and knowing Noel, we'll probably see one of Lowry/Redmond/Scheifele in St. John's. Unless he really shapes up, I'd prefer to send Jokinen down instead.

knorthern knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:29 AM
wpgsilver

vCash: 50
Can we please stop this silliness with people talking about Jokinen being sent down.
He was awful last year, no one can and will deny it.
But anyone who honestly believes Olli won't be centering the 2nd or 3rd line next year is in for a major disappointment.
Honestly, I think he'll have a bounce back year. I don't think his game could completely disappear like it did last year for good. I have faith that Olli will perform at the level we expected when we signed him last year.

wpgsilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:32 AM
ps241
Gordie Baby ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
Can we please stop this silliness with people talking about Jokinen being sent down.
He was awful last year, no one can and will deny it.
But anyone who honestly believes Olli won't be centering the 2nd or 3rd line next year is in for a major disappointment.
Honestly, I think he'll have a bounce back year. I don't think his game could completely disappear like it did last year for good. I have faith that Olli will perform at the level we expected when we signed him last year.
That would be a bonus. anything North of 45 points would Exceed my expectations. Am I the only one that finds it strange that the Flames fans really didn't mind him leaving and seem to want nothing to do with him again when he scored 54 then 61 points in back to back seasons? I mean he was trending for about a 25 point season with us last year so I get why we were choked for $4.5 nillion but he actually produced to his pay grade when he was with Calgary. I prey we get some of that 2011-12 Olli flames despair.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Swanson

vCash: 500
Jokinen seems to be a very streaky player, at least to me. Maybe he needs an familiar routine (full season, more practice) to fit in and perform on his normal level.

Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 04:43 PM
EastRiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorthern knight View Post
Forwards

Left WingCentreRight Wing
LaddLittleWheeler
KaneScheifeleSetoguchi
TangradiJokinenFrolik
LowrySlaterPeluso
 O'Dell 
 Wright 

Defense

LeftRight
EnstromBogosian
ClitsomeByfuglien
StuartPostma
PardyRedmond

Goalies are Pavelec and Montoya.

That's 24 guys already, even with Thorburn sent down to the IceCaps. Assuming no injuries, and knowing Noel, we'll probably see one of Lowry/Redmond/Scheifele in St. John's. Unless he really shapes up, I'd prefer to send Jokinen down instead.
I agree with this lineup except for the bottom 6 LW, and the bottom 2 LD. I'd have Halischuk rather than Lowry, and Kulda over Stuart.

EastRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Mathmew Purrrr Oh
#meowmeowmeowmeow

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastRiver View Post
I agree with this lineup except for the bottom 6 LW, and the bottom 2 LD. I'd have Halischuk rather than Lowry, and Kulda over Stuart.
same

I for sure want Lowry playing significant minutes in St John's

Mathmew Purrrr Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Duke749
Formerly "BigTuna49"

vCash: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus tacitus View Post
same

He'll get minutes down there for sure, but I think it's also the fact that a little seasoning down there will be good for him. If injuries happen he might get a shot this year for a short time.

Duke749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 07:12 PM
JustBeCool
boom shakalaka

what about halischuk?

JustBeCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:41 PM
jared37

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Scheifele - Setoguchi
Tangradi - Jokinen - Frolik
Halischuk - Slater - Wright
Peluso

Byfuglien - Clitsome
Enstrom - Bogosian
Stuart - Trouba
Postma, Pardy

Pavelec
Montoya

O'dell would be the first call up in case of injury

Scheifele and Jokinen swap the role of 2nd/3rd line center based on performance through out the year

fourth line wingers are all based on recent performance and the team up against next game

I really like buff and clitsome together and it opens up enstroms offensive game playing without buff, as he isn't constantly covering

trouba I hope wins as spot out of camp but if he gets sent down then postma/pardy/Redmond should work for the year

hopefully they either trust Montoya with a fair amount of starts or aquire a solid backup who they can trust because im pretty sure nobody wants pavelec playing 70 games again

jared37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 09:17 PM
VictoriaJetsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Hah I'm guessing I'm then one of those who haven't played hockey at a high level then and doesn't know or watch hockey... (ps all 3 untrue)

I guess I'm wrong that having Enstrom-Byfuglien together is best for the team, even though when they are together Jets out-shoot opponents, out-score opponents and have the puck more often in the other teams zone than not... and more impressively so than any other pairing we have had (including ones with just one of those two)... and more impressively than a lot of team's defense pairings...
Those are stats after all so they must mean nothing...

I concede; defensive D-men who can clear the net but can't push the play forward are the best and should be used much as possible. Obviously I am wrong and know nothing about hockey and same with Jack Adams Award winning and only-missed-playoffs-once Dave Tippett:

Edit almost forgot this =>

Active coaches and management who have openly confessed to using advanced analytics and/or discussed shot attempts (ie: Corsi) to equate to possession time which is essential for teams:
Dave Tippett
Alain Vigneault
Lindy Ruff
Barry Trotz
Paul Maclean

Active coaches who have dismissed analytics (and stated that helmets cause concussions ):
Randy Carlyle

Everyone else, we don't know.

Highly ironic your dissing the one coach on your list who has won the Stanley Cup

VictoriaJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:01 PM
bazaaa*

Makes me sick seeing Tangradi on the third line.

I'd like to see

LLW
Kane - Scheif - Setoguchi
Jokinen - O'Dell - Frolik
Tangradi/Wright - Slater - Peluso

I actually wouldn't mind seeing

Ladd - Little - Setoguchi
Kane - Scheif - Wheeler

Setoguchi can have Little to feed him, and Ladd to clean up in front of the net. And Wheeler can work with Kane.
Unless Scheif does an amazing job feeding both Kane and Setoguchi the puck, I don't think that line turns out too well. Kane and Setoguchi are both guys that like the puck.

I've come to realize our third line could be terrible. If Jokinen doesn't have a bounce back year. Frolik can very well put up 5 goals, and Tangradi (if he's on the third line), would be lucky to score five goals.

Really hope O'Dell makes it, he adds a scoring touch. If Jokinen can bounce back even a bit, it can be a decent third line.

bazaaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:53 PM
knorthern knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared37 View Post
O'dell would be the first call up in case of injury
I believe that O'Dell is no longer waiver exempt. Can he be sent down to St John's without waivers 13 days before the end of training camp? If he is called up, he either stays or we lose him on waivers. If we get desparate for 23 roster slots, send Jokinen to St Joh's, and dare any other club to claim him.

Old
07-21-2013, 12:21 AM
voyageur
Registered lunatic

Quote:
I believe that O'Dell is no longer waiver exempt. Can he be sent down to St John's without waivers 13 days before the end of training camp? If he is called up, he either stays or we lose him on waivers. If we get desparate for 23 roster slots, send Jokinen to St Joh's, and dare any other club to claim him.
I believe O'Dell, like Cormier can be sent down before training camp as neither have reached 160 pro games yet (however that will likely change over the course of the season which may complicate things).

I see the roster like this:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Jokinen-Setoguchi
Frolik-Scheifle-Halischuk
Wright-Slater-Thorburn/Peluso
with Tangradi as a reserve.

Enstrom-Bogosian
Clitsome-Buff
Stuart-Redmond (unless Trouba beats him out of camp)
with Postma and Pardy in reserve.

Pavs and Montoya in the net.

What I have a hard time figuring out is what we are going to do with all the depth right wingers we have. The Jets have Samson, Klingberg, Gordon, Lipon, Brassard competing with Jason King, although Klingberg or King could play the left side on the Rock, plus Riley, Saporani, Samuels-Thomas and Cisse competing with spots...I can see the last 3 playing in the ECHL, but there is still a lot of players competing for spots. Does Lipon go back to Kamloops as an overager? As St. John's is short on d-men (unless both Redmond and Trouba start there), maybe there is a trade still to be made?

voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 02:23 AM
knorthern knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
As St. John's is short on d-men (unless both Redmond and Trouba start there), maybe there is a trade still to be made?
The Jets will be overloaded with the following in my lineup...
  • Enstrom Bogosian
  • Clitsome Byfuglien
  • Stuart Postma
  • Pardy Redmond
Of the above, only Redmond is waiver exempt, so he goes to St John's, along with Trouba.

Old
07-21-2013, 05:46 AM
JetBlue420

As of now

G- Pavelec. Montoya

D1- Bogo.Toby D2- Buff,Clitsome D3-Stuart,Postma.

F1- Ladd,Little,Wheeler <-- can't mess with a good thing
F2- Kane,Scheifele,Setogucci <--- Scheif/Kane makes sense.
F3- Tangradi,Jokinen,Frolik
F4- Wright,Slater,Thorburn/Peluso.

JetBlue420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:13 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
No. There is absolutely no way to get O'Dell to St. John's (other than a conditioning stint, but then he still counts against 23 man roster in Winnipeg) without passing through waivers.

Quote:
I believe O'Dell, like Cormier can be sent down before training camp as neither have reached 160 pro games yet (however that will likely change over the course of the season which may complicate things).
No idea what you are talking about here. Never heard of a rule like this. Don't believe it exists.

I have not been able to find anyway that O'Dell and Cormier can go to St. John's without waivers.

Show me different.

Quote:
What I have a hard time figuring out is what we are going to do with all the depth right wingers we have. The Jets have Samson, Klingberg, Gordon, Lipon, Brassard competing with Jason King, although Klingberg or King could play the left side on the Rock, plus Riley, Saporani, Samuels-Thomas and Cisse competing with spots...I can see the last 3 playing in the ECHL, but there is still a lot of players competing for spots. Does Lipon go back to Kamloops as an overager? As St. John's is short on d-men (unless both Redmond and Trouba start there), maybe there is a trade still to be made?
Klingberg is a natural LW. And Samuels-Thomas is in college, he will not be playing pro this season.

Quote:
The Jets will be overloaded with the following in my lineup...
  • Enstrom Bogosian
  • Clitsome Byfuglien
  • Stuart Postma
  • Pardy Redmond
Of the above, only Redmond is waiver exempt, so he goes to St John's, along with Trouba.
People (not just you) are putting WAAAAAAAY too much emphasize on waiver exemptions. I mean stupid amounts. Why do we care at all if we lose an AHLer like Pardy? Redmond is a better player, he will in Winnipeg this year, not Pardy. We do not and should not make roster decisions based on arbitrary waiver rules. You put together the best team possible. PERIOD.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:46 AM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
(...)

People (not just you) are putting WAAAAAAAY too much emphasize on waiver exemptions. I mean stupid amounts. Why do we care at all if we lose an AHLer like Pardy? Redmond is a better player, he will in Winnipeg this year, not Pardy. We do not and should not make roster decisions based on arbitrary waiver rules. You put together the best team possible. PERIOD.
Yep, agreed. At some point, the Jets will start feeding the waiver wire, and in my opinion, that's a good thing. It means we have depth, and had to make a choice to ice the best line-up. Once the depth of this team at the NHL level and the farm is strong enough, it's inevitable that we'll start losing the occasional player.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:47 AM
ps241
Gordie Baby ❤️

Yea I dream of the day we have reached the point that someone desires one of our waiver wire players .....Don't get me wrong I don't want to lose someone who is going to be good one day but it would be nice if they are close to desirable on the open market.

Old
07-21-2013, 09:31 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaJetsFan View Post
Highly ironic your dissing the one coach on your list who has won the Stanley Cup
And how'd he do after that one season?
I thought they won inspite of them. They had a VERY strong top6 and top4, plus a goalie that went on a hotstreak.
Besides the best performing team wins the cup about 25%...

Google Randy Carlyle's on PPP or Leafsnation and you'll get a good idea on how he isn't actually that good.
Check out this 5+ part series: here

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:48 AM
Sixty Minute Man

I think people get attached to certain players, for one reason or another and worry about losing them through waivers. James Wright is a player that has become really popular (he works really hard) and could very well be lost this way. I think Tangradi, O'dell and Halischuk have more upside than Wright. Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with Thorburn for another season. I expect our bottom six (7) will look something like this:

Frolik - Scheifele - O'dell/Halischuk
Tangradi - Slater - Halischuk/O'dell
Thorburn

I'd rather see Wright as our 13th forward, but we'll see. It's also possible Scheifele beats out Jokinen on the 2nd line or starts in St. Johns. If he's on the Rock then we could see:

Tangradi - O'dell - Frolik
Wright - Slater - Halischuk
Thorburn

That's not a very promising bottom 6 in my opinion.

Sixty Minute Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:49 AM
ps241
Gordie Baby ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus tacitus View Post
same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke89 View Post
He'll get minutes down there for sure, but I think it's also the fact that a little seasoning down there will be good for him. If injuries happen he might get a shot this year for a short time.
Yea there is no rush for Adam. quality minutes against professional men is the next logical step IMHO. If he comes out like a house on fire in the AHL and is a top scorer and we run into injuries on the Jets it might make sense to bring him up but short of that I would love to see him develope his top 6 skills in the AHL against grown men.

Old
07-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Boreal

If I was to hazard a guess...

ON THE ICE:
Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Scheifele - Setoguchi
Tangradi - Jokinen - Frolik
Halischuk - Slater - Wright

Enstrom - Byfuglien
Clitsome - Bogosian
Stuart - Postma

Pavelec
Montoya

IN THE PRESS BOX:
Peluso
O'Dell
Pardy

I really do not want to expose O'Dell to waivers, for fear that he will get plucked, and I could see the organization treating him like they did Postma last year. This does however, require that we waive Thorburn (or trade, but that seems highly unlikely).

Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Sixty Minute Man

I think Chevy will sooner risk Wright to waivers than O'dell. O'dell has more potential offense so he gets the pass.

Also, a question that Holden might be able to answer. Isn't O'dell currently RFA? Couldn't he then sign a two-way contract and start the season in St. Johns? Or has he signed already and if he has what were the details?

Sixty Minute Man is offline   Reply With Quote