HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[EDM/STL] David Perron for Magnus Paajarvi + 2nd '14 | Part 2

Old
07-12-2013, 12:42 AM
aleshemsky83

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
In the morning after the night before you should wake up and claim you have no recollection of ever making these posts. I think I did similar once or twice...

Thank god its thursday.
Trading Eberle for depth? Lunacy!

aleshemsky83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 12:53 AM
Baggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
If you think everyone else is crazy(or drinking something) for thinking Perron is a legit 2nd LW then I have bad news for you. Most "hockey" fans regardless of the fanbase think he is. Even HFBlues fans do, and its an unwritten rule to bash the hell out of any player traded from your team on here
Yep. I was talking yesterday with a good mate of mine that lives in St. Louis and is a die-hard Blues fan about this trade. He thought it was a good trade for the Blues because it frees up a couple of million in cap space (which they're in dire need of), and he thinks Paajarvi will be a good fit, but in his exact words, "You're getting a hell of a hockey player."

The only issue I heard about Perron which might end up being a problem is that (according to my friend) he has a tendency to freelance (a la Hemsky) which can lead to broken plays.

Baggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 12:58 AM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topkatz View Post
That makes no difference overall. That is still pretty much the average weight of an nhl player.
No it's not. And average weight of all players doesn't matter, we are talking about forwards. Obviously Dmen are heavier

HeavyHitter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 12:59 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Hes in between 2nd and 3rd in my eyes.
Then might I recommend an optometrist? 3rd liners don't put up 50 points

07-12-2013, 01:01 AM
B A T M A N*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post

B A T M A N* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 01:02 AM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:
Hes in between 2nd and 3rd in my eyes.
All your posts on that page are a fail

Old
07-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Topkatz

Quote:
I would put a wager on Perron not scoring 50 points this year.

Topkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 01:03 AM
B A T M A N*

Quote:
I'll take that bet too. If he plays 75+ games, I say he scores 20G and 50P minimum.

Old
07-12-2013, 01:03 AM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A T M A N View Post
This actually made me laugh

Old
07-12-2013, 01:06 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
I'd take that bet. I agree with B A T M A N. If he plays at least 75 games, he'll score 50+

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 01:07 AM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:
If he plays at least 75 games I think he'll get 50

Old
07-12-2013, 01:12 AM
aleshemsky83

Quote:
What's the point, he's already done it. You seem to be implying that Perron benefitted from playing with great offensive players, who exactly would those offensive stars be?

aleshemsky83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 01:21 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

You're going to be hard-pressed to find many 2nd line players in the NHL that produce 50 points in designated 2nd-line minutes and secondary PP time. Its going to take one helluva offense-oriented team to do it.

Second lines in Boston, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Vancouver have done it in recent years - but players putting up numbers like that were fixtures on those teams' #1 PP units. Goes a long way in contributing to their numbers.

I think heading into next year, our #1 PP unit is going to look something like this:

Eberle-RNH-Hall
Schultz-Belov

Wouldn't surprise me if Joensuu sneaks his way onto that unit at some point this year either.

2nd unit: This is where it gets shaky - the Oilers for the first time won't have a real "offensive" forward around to play on this unit with Yakupov on the point. We've always had a 3rd liner capable of playing PP (MPS, Hemsky, Horcoff) - now we don't. This is why I wouldn't mind having Peter Mueller join the team in some capacity.

Perron-Gagner-______
Petry-Yakupov

Will be interesting to see if Lander gets some time here. Would also be convenient to have Hemsky available here as well.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 01:26 AM
Topkatz

Quote:
I'd take that bet. I agree with B A T M A N. If he plays at least 75 games, he'll score 50+
Ok, its on. Loser has to make a nice apology thread to the winner I.e saying how much they were right and you were wrong.

So if Perron gets 50 points or more I will have to make an apology thread to you and batman and vice versa if he gets less.

*these terms are void should mact replace gagner with a big, legit 2nd line center and significantly upgrades third line compete, scoring and toughness!

Last edited by Topkatz: 07-12-2013 at 01:33 AM.
Old
07-12-2013, 01:34 AM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
You're going to be hard-pressed to find many 2nd line players in the NHL that produce 50 points in designated 2nd-line minutes and secondary PP time. Its going to take one helluva offense-oriented team to do it.

Second lines in Boston, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Vancouver have done it in recent years - but players putting up numbers like that were fixtures on those teams' #1 PP units. Goes a long way in contributing to their numbers.

I think heading into next year, our #1 PP unit is going to look something like this:

Eberle-RNH-Hall
Schultz-Belov

Wouldn't surprise me if Joensuu sneaks his way onto that unit at some point this year either.

2nd unit: This is where it gets shaky - the Oilers for the first time won't have a real "offensive" forward around to play on this unit with Yakupov on the point. We've always had a 3rd liner capable of playing PP (MPS, Hemsky, Horcoff) - now we don't. This is why I wouldn't mind having Peter Mueller join the team in some capacity.

Perron-Gagner-______
Petry-Yakupov

Will be interesting to see if Lander gets some time here. Would also be convenient to have Hemsky available here as well.
+1 for Peter Mueller

Old
07-12-2013, 01:35 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Ok, its on. Loser has to make a nice apology thread to the winner I.e saying how much they were right and you were wrong.

So if Perron gets more than 50 points or more I will have to make an apology thread to you and batman and vice versa if he gets less.

*these terms are void should mact replace gagner with a big, legit 2nd line center and significantly upgrades third line compete, scoring and toughness
!
Lol make sure you include hurricanes tornadoes and make sure you subtract pp points also make sure his points only count when he faces a goalie with a sp .930 and above

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 01:37 AM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:

So if Perron gets 50 points or more I will have to make an apology thread to you and batman and vice versa if he gets less.

*these terms are void should mact replace gagner with a big, legit 2nd line center and significantly upgrades third line compete, scoring and toughness!
MacT is going to upgrade the 3rd line so this is stupid. So the loser has to say they were wrong.... Wrong about what? Just about the 50 points? Who cares. So if he gets 49 points then is he useless and a third liner? The answer is no. Why do you not like Perron?

Old
07-12-2013, 01:39 AM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Lol make sure you include hurricanes tornadoes and make sure you subtract pp points also make sure his points only count when he faces a goalie with a sp .930 and above
Lmao exactly what I was thinking. Oh and Perron can only play 12 minutes a night, no power play time and no more than 60 games

Old
07-12-2013, 01:41 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter99 View Post
Lmao exactly what I was thinking. Oh and Perron can only play 12 minutes a night, no power play time and no more than 60 games
Just a major fail imo when he is boasting he wont score 50 calls for bets than adds a bunch of out clauses.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 01:43 AM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Just a major fail imo when he is boasting he wont score 50 calls for bets than adds a bunch of out clauses.
All his posts for the last couple pages have been absolute fails. It's not just you and I that think that either lol. But he thinks Perron is a 3rd line player

Old
07-12-2013, 01:43 AM
Topkatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter99 View Post
MacT is going to upgrade the 3rd line so this is stupid. So the loser has to say they were wrong.... Wrong about what? Just about the 50 points? Who cares. So if he gets 49 points then is he useless and a third liner? The answer is no. Why do you not like Perron?
SIGNIFICANTLY upgrade it. Like replace the entire line and philosophy.

And its nothing to do with not liking perron. Its all to with team needs. We need more scoring, but we need different types of scoring and perron is too similar to what we already have and teams already know how to play against the oilers without adding another samey player as evidenced with the oilers league basement finishes the last past seasons.

The offseason isn't finished yet though so I would still give him plenty of rope to see if he hangs himself with it or not.

Old
07-12-2013, 01:45 AM
B A T M A N*

Quote:

What does that have to do with Perron scoring 50 points?

Old
07-12-2013, 01:50 AM
thinlizzy

Quote:
Bazinga

thinlizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 01:50 AM
Topkatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A T M A N View Post
What does that have to do with Perron scoring 50 points?
Hockey is a team game, not played by one individual. The supporting cast is critical to how a player performs. You said perron will score 50 points or more next season, ok lets see then if he will do it without the oilers completely changing their roster. Personally I dont see it happening right now.

Old
07-12-2013, 01:51 AM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:
SIGNIFICANTLY upgrade it. Like replace the entire line and philosophy.

And its nothing to do with not liking perron. Its all to with team needs. We need more scoring, but we need different types of scoring and perron is too similar to what we already have and teams already know how to play against the oilers without adding another samey player as evidenced with the oilers league basement finishes the last past seasons.

The offseason isn't finished yet though so I would still give him plenty of rope to see if he hangs himself with it or not.
Right now our third line would be something like smyth gordon jones (assuming Hemsky is gone) so anything would be a significant upgrade.

Oh and you clearly know nothing about Perron if you think we have players like him. We have no **** disturbers who contribute 2nd line level offense and get in the face of goalies and piss off opposing players. If you don't know, don't speak.